Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256641 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#162166 Mar 25, 2013
No that's what a rapist pays you for raping your daughter according to your god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That'll cost you 50 shekels.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162167 Mar 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That was amazing he totally nailed it!
Lol thanks!
<quoted text>
I see you're just a follower too...

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#162168 Mar 25, 2013
Oh no! Don't ask him to make a case backing up his assertions! He has been hiding from me for 2 days because I asked him to do that.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>Oh...

Well then...

Give us the facts.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#162169 Mar 25, 2013
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
I'm a monkiiiiiiiiii
Lets do it

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#162170 Mar 25, 2013
For laughing at a video? Stop humiliating yourself.

Anyways stop avoiding my question and present this case of yours backing up your assertion there is a god. Also where did god touch you and what did he say?

You keep running from this we notice.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I see you're just a follower too...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162171 Mar 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya still avoiding my question like Buck avoids green leafy vegetables?
<quoted text>
What question?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162172 Mar 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No that's what a rapist pays you for raping your daughter according to your god.
<quoted text>
True, if you lived 3,000 years ago and was subject to Levite law......

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#162173 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch more than a cut up version of the show.
That is, if you're a freethinker and not a follower...
The show itself is a cut-up version of a cut-up version of something written by men from stories handed down through word of mouth for generation after generation.

It's just a story... and a boring one.

There's nothing factual about it.

If there was, you'd have responded with facts.

You're entitled to your own opinions, RR.

You aren't entitled to your own facts.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#162174 Mar 25, 2013
Yet God's laws are eternal and perfect are they not?

a man has sex with a slave girl
He is not to be punished -- cause she is a slave
(Leviticus 19:20)

When you take a beautiful woman
If she ceases to please you -- then send her away
(Deut. 21:10)

If a man lies with a woman -- and he emits semen
They both shall bath in water -- and be unclean til evening
(Leviticus 15:18)

If a man has sex with an animal
You must kill the man - and the animal to
(Leviticus 20:15)

You shall not eat anything you find dead
You may feed it to a stranger -- or throw it away
(Deuteronomy 14:21)

If she profanes herself - then she profanes her father
By playing the harlot -- she'll be burned with fire
(Leviticus 21:9)



A great song we can all agree on! And best of all every word is in the bible!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True, if you lived 3,000 years ago and was subject to Levite law......

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162175 Mar 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
For laughing at a video? Stop humiliating yourself.
No, for thinking he nailed it.

He condensed a 4 hour show into a 4 minute, highly edited video.

Not very honest, now is he?
Anyways stop avoiding my question and present this case of yours backing up your assertion there is a god.
Perhaps you don't quote understand what assertion means...
Also where did god touch you and what did he say?


He touched me on the head.

He said, "He's with me."
You keep running from this we notice.
Running?

I've answered it. Like 5 times already.

You're powers of noticing things suck.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162176 Mar 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
The show itself is a cut-up version of a cut-up version of something written by men from stories handed down through word of mouth for generation after generation.
It's just a story... and a boring one.
There's nothing factual about it.
If there was, you'd have responded with facts.
You're entitled to your own opinions, RR.
You aren't entitled to your own facts.
Facts:

Josephus was a Jewish historian.
Tacitus was a Roman historian who would have no benefit from not telling the truth.
Both these men, as well as others, can be used to back up the historical accuracy of the Bible.

There are more than 3,200 verses with fulfilled prophecy either within the Bible itself or since the Bible was written. But there are still more than 3,100 verses with unfulfilled prophecies.

The Bible was written over a 1600 year period by approximately 40 men. The time of the writing was from 1500 BC to AD 100.

There are plenty of facts in the Bible. You just chose to play stupid.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#162177 Mar 25, 2013
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
I'm a monkiiiiiiiiii
They still make them beautiful there, I see.

Izmir. 1972-1974

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#162178 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But according to people like you, absense of evidence is evidence of absense. Before DNA was discovered, you would've probably screamed & preached how it doesn't exist because science doesn't know about it b
.....
This is where you lie to yourself. In the case of DNA there was evidence of something, its effects could be seen. The hunt was then on to find it and it turned out to be DNA.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
......
Opposite? LMAO. Do tell...
......
Simple every time you lot says:-
“God did this or that.”

We find a logical explanation.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
.....
*sigh*
Again. Again. Again.
I believe there is only one true God. We call Hom God.
.....
Which one you still have not said.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
....
Yes it is.
Turn left. Turn right.
That's your choice to make.
That's not a choice.

“Do it my way or I will torture you forever”

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#162179 Mar 25, 2013
When I was at my prom they played 'Jump' and I jumped. They played&#65279; 'The Twist', I did the twist. They played 'Come on Eileen'....got kicked out after that one.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162180 Mar 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yet God's laws are eternal and perfect are they not?
a man has sex with a slave girl
He is not to be punished -- cause she is a slave
(Leviticus 19:20)
When you take a beautiful woman
If she ceases to please you -- then send her away
(Deut. 21:10)
If a man lies with a woman -- and he emits semen
They both shall bath in water -- and be unclean til evening
(Leviticus 15:18)
If a man has sex with an animal
You must kill the man - and the animal to
(Leviticus 20:15)
You shall not eat anything you find dead
You may feed it to a stranger -- or throw it away
(Deuteronomy 14:21)
If she profanes herself - then she profanes her father
By playing the harlot -- she'll be burned with fire
(Leviticus 21:9)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dWL6Hdp7hoYXX
A great song we can all agree on! And best of all every word is in the bible!
<quoted text>
LOL, you're such a doofus.

The laws of Leviticus are not recorded so that all can follow.

They were recorded so that we would understand how cruel and barbaric they were. So we would not repeat their mistakes.

Again, the laws of Leviticus are meant fur the Levites. Technically, the ancient Levites.

Do try harder.

Your cherry picking doesn't impress anyone.
Harley Rider

Paris, KY

#162181 Mar 25, 2013
How can people believe there is no God? I don't get it...where do you people think everything on earth came from?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162183 Mar 25, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
This is where you lie to yourself. In the case of DNA there was evidence of something, its effects could be seen. The hunt was then on to find it and it turned out to be DNA.
But BEFORE science could detect it, it didn't exist right?

lol
Simple every time you lot says:-
“God did this or that.”
We find a logical explanation.
Really?

Okay.

God created life.
Which one you still have not said.
Yes I did, countless times.

God.
That's not a choice.
“Do it my way or I will torture you forever”
Derp. That IS a choice....

Do this OR do that. Your choice.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162184 Mar 25, 2013
Harley Rider wrote:
How can people believe there is no God? I don't get it...where do you people think everything on earth came from?
A somewhat magical poof of energy (that didn't exist) caused all the elements (that came from nowhere) to explode and expand.

Then by sheer luck, life created itself from rocks & goop.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#162185 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts:
Josephus was a Jewish historian.
Tacitus was a Roman historian who would have no benefit from not telling the truth.
Both these men, as well as others, can be used to back up the historical accuracy of the Bible.
There are more than 3,200 verses with fulfilled prophecy either within the Bible itself or since the Bible was written. But there are still more than 3,100 verses with unfulfilled prophecies.
The Bible was written over a 1600 year period by approximately 40 men. The time of the writing was from 1500 BC to AD 100.
There are plenty of facts in the Bible. You just chose to play stupid.
Give over with Josephus and Tacitus. Both those claims have been repeatedly blown out of the water.

Except for generalized vaguenesses like "bad stuff is going to happen someplace, at some point in time" not a single Biblical prophecy has been "fulfilled".

31,000 "unfulfilled" prophecies? That's, what, lies that haven't happened yet?

The Bible, yes, cites facts - but only those that were known at the time of writing.

Wow.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#162186 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts:
Josephus was a Jewish historian.
Tacitus was a Roman historian who would have no benefit from not telling the truth.
Both these men, as well as others, can be used to back up the historical accuracy of the Bible.
There are more than 3,200 verses with fulfilled prophecy either within the Bible itself or since the Bible was written. But there are still more than 3,100 verses with unfulfilled prophecies.
The Bible was written over a 1600 year period by approximately 40 men. The time of the writing was from 1500 BC to AD 100.
There are plenty of facts in the Bible. You just chose to play stupid.
Facts about the Bible... perhaps.

The stories in it, like the History Channel's dramatization, are ridiculous.

That's a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Surgit Tempestas 1,420,900
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 32,334
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Mrs thompjacksiju 201,889
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 hr Earthling-1 10,070
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon Blue November 311,629
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web