Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159414 Mar 10, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you selling scientology?
Did you see any ads on my posts?

Location hidden

#159415 Mar 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Blues? ha ha ha ha You gotta be kidding!!!! The first part of this the same 4 note bass line over and over. When he finally attempts to play a blues form, which is a very strict musical form, he misplaces the 4 Chord a number of times. A blues need's the 4 chord on the fifth measure, not the seventh like he did a couple of times. He's making a valiant ATTEMPT to play a minor blues, unfortunately he's not using the right tensions on the chords to bring out the true blues sound. I doubt this guy would know a blues, or anything related to jazz if it crawled up his leg and bit him on the ass. I dare say any beginning guitarists could copy what pukebucket has done here. Give me a guitar and a few minutes and I could do better that this. At least I'd put the 4 chord where it belongs. Holy shit, every time you post of these musical abortions he gets worse and worse. LOL
Poor Buckethead, he doesn't follow your musical doctrine. The boy is going to Hell for sure.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#159416 Mar 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="2%"]<quoted text>
Good Friday is a day of mourning.
Easter is the day of celebration.
The day Jesus rose from the dead fulfilling scripture and conquering Sin.
That is what Christians celebrate. Talk about being out of touch with you own hatred.
[/QUOTE]
so according to you sin no longer exists..

xianity makes people stupid

www.evilbible.com

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#159417 Mar 10, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you selling scientology?
No, no, no, The Dave Nelson is a Scienthingiest.

He done did debellupped the Stringy Thingy Thingeory hizzownself.

<The Dave Nelson> "The bastards will one day pay for mocking my Stringy Thingy Thingeory!.. Mu..Mua.. MuahahahAHAHAHAHAA! "

Location hidden

#159418 Mar 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
None the less, this is how the real world works. I'm sorry it doesn't agree with your intuition of your mistaken ideas of how science has to work.
Bullshit.

If it did you wouldn't have so many probabilities and virtual particles floating in and put of existence.

The real world is the one technology is built on, not your theoretical musings in la la land.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159419 Mar 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by 'influenced'? If you bombard the nucleus with neutrons, there is a chance it will absorb one and become a *different* nucleus with a different decay rate. If you bombard the nucleus with very high energy gamma rays, it is possible to put it into a different energy state that has a different decay rate.
In each case, the new decay rate still is probabilistic. Once you have the new nucleus, there is no difference between one just before decay and at any other time.
Solar activity influences radioactive decay, so we know this is a mitigating factor.

Location hidden

#159420 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, The Dave Nelson is a Scienthingiest.
He done did debellupped the Stringy Thingy Thingeory hizzownself.
<The Dave Nelson> "The bastards will one day pay for mocking my Stringy Thingy Thingeory!.. Mu..Mua.. MuahahahAHAHAHAHAA! "
:-)

At least I have one of my own. You have to borrow or buy what you have.

Oh, mine works just fine for me.

Location hidden

#159421 Mar 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Solar activity influences radioactive decay, so we know this is a mitigating factor.
You would think the gravitational force would, too, meaning the field it resided in.

I thought the nucleus had a lot to do with gravity per modern physics.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#159422 Mar 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Buckethead do blues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xJ1p8IYbv6EXX
Jazz and other stuff, too. Even a trumpet is included in some of those.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#159423 Mar 10, 2013
Your lot wears a crops right? Of you had a brother killed by a truck would you wear a necklace with a likeness of that truck?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't. We celebrate His resurrection.

Lexington, KY

#159424 Mar 10, 2013
Didn't your god go walking through the garden of Eden? Eat a meal with Abraham? Wrestle all night with Jacob?

How does that make him sound?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't. Christians don't believe in an invisible sky wizard. That's an atheist thing.
Y'all just can't seem to fathom God in any other way than a magical human being...

Lexington, KY

#159425 Mar 10, 2013
Much fail we see here.

Been banging your head into the wall trying to see god again Dave?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
If it did you wouldn't have so many probabilities and virtual particles floating in and put of existence.
The real world is the one technology is built on, not your theoretical musings in la la land.

Location hidden

#159426 Mar 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yowJiQZBXrAXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Those old electric blues guys all sound the same. Go boring a long tim eago. Buckethead adds another dimension to it, and other styles. A good bit of his work is very listenable. He can play faster than lightning and very slow, and it all just flows. Can't say I like the shredding stuff so much, but I have hours of his stuff you can listen to nonstop. In fact, you can miss it if it is not playing.

Lexington, KY

#159427 Mar 10, 2013
Hey you should form a band with bucket head! You can be head injury in memory of all your brain damage from hurting yourself!

Dave it would be awesome he is playing guitar and you play with your kitchen magnets and stings while babbling your usual boring nonsense!

It would be YouTube gold!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those old electric blues guys all sound the same. Go boring a long tim eago. Buckethead adds another dimension to it, and other styles. A good bit of his work is very listenable. He can play faster than lightning and very slow, and it all just flows. Can't say I like the shredding stuff so much, but I have hours of his stuff you can listen to nonstop. In fact, you can miss it if it is not playing.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159428 Mar 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from the man who stated god touched his head.
He did.

Location hidden

#159429 Mar 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hummm....lets see here.
1.) It exists, or so they say, but it can't be seen..........equals...INVISAB LE
2.) It supposedly created mankind in HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS....equals----A HUMAN BEING
3.) It created man, supposedly, by scooping up some dirt and blew on it, out popped a fully formed human......equals.....MAGIC.
4.) He supposedly dwells in heaven, heaven is ALWAYS denoted as UP, up equals......THE SKY.
5.) Can't see it (even though it exists and is active in your everyday life, so they say) performs magic like a wizard, dwells in heaven, always looking skyward hence.....AN INVISIBLE SKY WIZARD WHO LOOKS LIKE A MAN. Now twist and turn, but this is how your God thing is described by Christians.
LMAO!

Thanks for proving my point that atheists can only think of God as a human magician that's invisible.

FYI - You spelled invisible wrong.

Location hidden

#159430 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your lot wears a crops right?
What?!?
Of you had a brother killed by a truck would you wear a necklace with a likeness of that truck?
Dude.

Lay off the sauce.

Location hidden

#159431 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Didn't your god go walking through the garden of Eden? Eat a meal with Abraham? Wrestle all night with Jacob?
How does that make him sound?
I dunno.

Hungry & looking to prove something?

Lexington, KY

#159432 Mar 10, 2013
Walking, Eating and all night man loving.

Sounds kinda humanish ya?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno.
Hungry & looking to prove something?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#159433 Mar 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaahhh. Buddy Guy is boring? You find badass Chicago blues boring? I still get a chill down my spine while listening to this stuff. KFChead doesn't stir my soul at all. Besides, whites can't do blues. Yeah, I know, I said soul. Seems appropriate...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,111,511
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min Life is Love 305,712
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 200,994
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr anonymous 27,457
One-on-one with Coach K: Gold 'feels good' 3 hr Rae 1
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... Mon johnnyj 1
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••