Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#159332 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Christians celebrate the death of their saviour?
To get to the other side?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#159333 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
LOL

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159334 Mar 9, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I love annoying people! Sorry!:-)
Just like a naTural born woman. Hey This one explains this phenomenon very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#159335 Mar 9, 2013
lol!:)
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#159336 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
An innate desire to kill God ?
MagskBob

Brattleboro, VT

#159337 Mar 10, 2013
DebJ wrote:
<quoted text>
... Revelations....show proof of just one, just one.
The commandments tell us there are more than one - just don't follow them.

This must be one, among the many, of those inconsistencies in god's word.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#159338 Mar 10, 2013
GOD: Arthur! Arthur, King of the Britons!
Oh, don't grovel!One thing I can't stand, it's people groveling.
ARTHUR: Sorry.
GOD: And don't apologize. Every time I try to talk to someone it's 'sorry this' and 'forgive me that' and 'I'm not worthy' What are you doing now?!
ARTHUR: I'm averting my eyes, O Lord.
GOD: Well, don't. It's like those miserable Psalms-- they're so depressing. Now, knock it off!
ARTHUR: Yes, Lord.
God: Arthur, King of the Britons, your Knights of the Round Table shall have a task to make them an example in these dark times.
King Arthur: Good idea, O Lord!
God:'Course it's a good idea!
MagskBob wrote:
<quoted text>
The commandments tell us there are more than one - just don't follow them.
This must be one, among the many, of those inconsistencies in god's word.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#159339 Mar 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because so little is known about the "rest" of the story, that's the one thing they know for sure.

He died. Because...that's what people do. Die. Whether by old age or some other form of death.

No matter what else they all disagree on, they agree on that.

I'm pretty sure there is an unspoken of or unrealized admission there that Christians just don't think about.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#159340 Mar 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done, Pastor Catcher.

I would curtsy but..you know.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159341 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because so little is known about the "rest" of the story, that's the one thing they know for sure.

He died. Because...that's what people do. Die. Whether by old age or some other form of death.

No matter what else they all disagree on, they agree on that.

I'm pretty sure there is an unspoken of or unrealized admission there that Christians just don't think about.
Yeah.

Jesus failed.

He was supposed to become the king of the Jews, but he got nailed to a cross instead, and his sky daddy didn't come out to save him, so they had to make up the whole resurrection thing. And that's why the whole "why hast thou forsaken me" thing.

Oopsie.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159342 Mar 10, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!

I love annoying people! Sorry!:-)
No problemo.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159344 Mar 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, my first electronic calculator could to trig functions and was, essentially, a modern scientific calculator. it just cost 25 times as much as one today (not counting inflation).
When I was in USNA, I had a slide rule.

Calculators with the 4 basic functions plus maybe square roots was $450.

Only the rich kids had them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#159345 Mar 10, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Christians celebrate the death of their saviour?
They had to.

Otherwise they would have to admit that he failed or wasn't the son of god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#159346 Mar 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, my first electronic calculator could to trig functions and was, essentially, a modern scientific calculator. it just cost 25 times as much as one today (not counting inflation).
Eep.
Lincoln

United States

#159347 Mar 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They had to.
Otherwise they would have to admit that he failed or wasn't the Son of God.
No scientists post on atheist-bot threads, funny

Location hidden

#159348 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are seriously behind in a lot of things. Certain portions of the DNA are "switched off," this is part of the mutation. For example, chickens still have the genes to make teeth, but these genes are suppressed by chemicals to prevent them from reacting within the cells, thus, they don't inherently grow teeth. To "reverse" evolution these genes simply have to be unblocked, thus they are again activated. This has been known for a very long time. Most of your DNA actually never reacts with chemicals, because most of it is actually blocked. They use to think it was "junk" DNA, and thus the term was coined, but that was long discarded for the more accurate ones.
Seriously Dave, you are so far behind in understanding genetic science it's almost ... well, embarrassing.
Went by what the article said.

What you describe takes a very long time and requires a lot of variability in environments to develop, particularly with more complex models like us.

Perhaps models were produced from scratch that would adapt to various environments.

Location hidden

#159349 Mar 10, 2013
Many years ago I was sitting in an office with other guys when one of them took two pencils, put a rubber band around them, twisted them to tension the band, and then dropped them on a desktop and we watched them dance around as the band unwound. We all laughed and got big giggle at this mindless toy bouncing around. The things people do to pass the time, and the creativity they can use to do so.

That didn't require any high tech knowledge or deep scientific understanding.

Humans make devices to express themselves in the damndest ways. From that to nuclear bombs to posting thoughts, if any, on here. We just use the forces of nature provided and have learned to manipulate for desired ends, even if they are dumb.

Each molecule of those pencils and rubber band was "expressing itself". Stress on assemblage created action and reaction.

Since we are here, what you call existing, there is a rather large probability something wound us up and dropped us on the table to express themselves.
Imhotep

United States

#159350 Mar 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Jesus failed.
He was supposed to become the king of the Jews, but he got nailed to a cross instead, and his sky daddy didn't come out to save him, so they had to make up the whole resurrection thing. And that's why the whole "why hast thou forsaken me" thing.
Oopsie.
Easter cancelled
Body found, film @ 11
Lincoln

United States

#159352 Mar 10, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter cancelled
Body found, film @ 11
.....tax supported public schools closed for Easter.
Peace
Imhotep

United States

#159353 Mar 10, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
.....tax supported public schools closed for Easter.
Peace
...tax exempt organized religions.
Vatican worlds largest landowner?
Pedophilia Central!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Tony Rome 1,125,474
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 26 min tool 450
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Earthling-1 1,512
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 27,914
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 306,230
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE