Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,653)

Showing posts 153,041 - 153,060 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"By George, I think she's got it!"
She? Why would you think that I'm a she?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

An Orange peanut? Really? Wow! Then I accept you Jesus.

Fido! I found Fido!

Bad Lip reading try to watch and not laugh!

You're head may just explode from sheer awesomness!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Link for the above post.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
An Orange peanut? Really? Wow! Then I accept you Jesus.
Fido! I found Fido!
Bad Lip reading try to watch and not laugh!
You're head may just explode from sheer awesomness!
Atheist paradise

No wonder the status is so low

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Still ashamed of your religion yes? I must say I enjoy that we have so much power over you that you refuse to say what your religious beliefs are around us.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist paradise
No wonder the status is so low

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)
Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...
How stupid do you really want to get?

Electrician Bible
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...

The Electrician's Bible (A HomeOwner's bible)[Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/The-Electricians-Bible-...

The Woodworker's Bible: A Complete Guide to Woodworking (Popular Woodworking)[Hardcover]
http://www.amazon.com/Woodworkers-Bible-Compl...

Toyota Truck and Land Cruiser Owner's Bible [Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Truck-Cruiser-Ow...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid do you really want to get?
Electrician Bible
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
The Electrician's Bible (A HomeOwner's bible)[Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/The-Electricians-Bible-...
The Woodworker's Bible: A Complete Guide to Woodworking (Popular Woodworking)[Hardcover]
http://www.amazon.com/Woodworkers-Bible-Compl...
Toyota Truck and Land Cruiser Owner's Bible [Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Truck-Cruiser-Ow...
I don't think Langoless thinks before it posts anything. It's like a kid, but without the curiosity ... or the ability to learn.
Imhotep

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Coral Castle.
A frail, sickly man the size of a petite woman, in his 50's, quarried and moved 1000 of that 1100 tons of rock pretty much within 2 years, all by himself. He only moved about 100 tons from the original location. That is where they get the 28 years. It was much, much less. He had a 10 ton winch. It weighed more than him.
Interesting ;)

"A mans home is his castle"
In Loveland, Ohio

http://www.lovelandcastle.com/about.html

Did You Know Harry Andrews:

Graduated from Colgate University.

Enlisted in the Army during WWI even though he was a conscientious objector.
He didn't object to war itself, he didn't like the weapons of modern warfare. So, Harry enlisted as a nurse.

Was the oldest living Notary Public in Ohio...and he never charged more than a quarter for his service.

Was a well published author, including a guide book he wrote at the bequest of the U.S. Immigration Department to aid those seeking citizenship. A copy of which is on display at the castle.

Also made the road you take down to the castle. Buses cannot make it down this road still today!
Grew vegetables year round in hotbeds of his own design. They were heated by railroad lanterns!

Hid his secret room in the garden. The entrance was one of the arches in the arch wall. it was only discovered after it collapsed from years of neglect...Even the knights didn't know it was there!

Had an amazing 187 I.Q.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Atheists seem unhappy with their influence in 21st century America.
It may have peaked in the mid 20th century.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
Who is so unhappy in life, that they make up sock puppets on internet forums in order to argue with real people?

How many names have you gone by on Topix? Are you that unhappy with the real world?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/08/health/concussi...

"Overcoming a concussion is like waking up from a dream. The person I was before the accident is gone, and I am still trying to settle into my new identity. This fall, I hope to begin a residency as a hospital chaplain. My injury has given me a deeper sense of compassion, especially for people in pain.

Though I cannot say it has been an easy journey, I can say this with all certainty: This past year I have been given the gift of perspective, and for that I am thankful."

That last sentence is most significant. There is a major reset to the processes that you have learn things in a new perspective. Your old learning and indoctrination kind of gets put in a different perspective. Instead of proceeding through life with all of those childhood influences and learned ways of doing and thinking, you are suddenly an adult that has to learn a lot of things from scratch again.

One thing you learn is that help you seek is bullshit. As she notes it is appointment after appointment. Doctors making money, but they can't help you any further than presenting you with comparisons with others as far as tests go. After a while you get frustrated and get out of the routine and put your life together yourself.

She still has a couple of years before things get settled down, and is likely to have another major issue dealing with people before then. But she has a good core and will survive. This happened in her adult years, after her personality developed.

Topix atheists never recovered being dropped on their heads as babies, or over doing the drugs as adolescents.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
She? Why would you think that I'm a she?
I didn't. It was part of the quote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.nature.com/news/physicists-twist-w...

A more scientific analysis of my knit space theory. What I have been presenting is something strictly developed on my own just using the basic principles of applied physics. I haven't read about this stuff before.

You see, there are scientists that are actually looking at this.

This is the difference between seeing "physics", and seeing math representing the physics.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted else where by derek4
February 4, 2011
Church, without God
“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'
The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.
For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”
He is also an atheist.
continued:
“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”
continued:
“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.
He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.
Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...
“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
What one mans life?

No you claim to know what I think and believe or not believe. All I ask is:

What atheist religious sect do I belong to?

What is the common ground of this atheist religion?

What is the doctrine of this religion?

As for Bradley that is his life, I on the other hand have no need for fellowship with others in a church to be happy and have a good life.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Removal of all religion from public life and streets?
Where have I stated that I want all religion removed?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though atheist are a tiny minority?
Yea well not all people can see truth.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The proselytizing of atheism on public forums like this?
That is one of the reasons for forums like this. Just as the proselytizing of religion in forums like this and on the street.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, th ehate speech directed at the religious is also a good indication there is some belief in Topix atheist non-belief.
Have you read hate speech in my post when there was no hate in the one posting to me? I return in kind if one responds to me with hate.

Would you explain your comment there is some belief in Topix atheist non-belief.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Non-believers" are not proactive. They just don't believe, right?
Many are proactive many are not, and yes they dont believe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
What one mans life?
No you claim to know what I think and believe or not believe. All I ask is:
What atheist religious sect do I belong to?
What is the common ground of this atheist religion?
What is the doctrine of this religion?
As for Bradley that is his life, I on the other hand have no need for fellowship with others in a church to be happy and have a good life.
Why are you on here arguing about it?
Imhotep

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Theists are secretly jealous of atheists.
Few have read the Bible.
Few have studied history.
Most are allergic to fact
Some are severely dogma addicted
Others lack common sense, logic and reason.

Atheists don't need to prove the non-existence of God, any more than we need to prove the nonexistence of Zeus or Jupiter. Can theists prove God over any alternatives? Of course not. Nobody can prove God exists, yet they will stand on their heads saying they're sure. Well, if they can be sure despite evidence to the contrary, we can be sure in light of evidence in support of atheism.

I reject any 'faith' that contradicts scientific fact and outrages reason.

Yet - I find the Topix theists oddly entertaining.

PS:
I am considering a special church for them!
'Our Lady of Eternal Amusement and Holy Topix Theist Reformed'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I stated that I want all religion removed?
<quoted text>
Yea well not all people can see truth.
<quoted text>
That is one of the reasons for forums like this. Just as the proselytizing of religion in forums like this and on the street.
<quoted text>
Have you read hate speech in my post when there was no hate in the one posting to me? I return in kind if one responds to me with hate.
Would you explain your comment there is some belief in Topix atheist non-belief.
<quoted text>
Many are proactive many are not, and yes they dont believe.
When you are a creature aware of itself and that everything is "created", by whatever method, and aware there is the possibility of another dimesnion of existence, afterlife, etc, then you either have a belief there is another one of those, or you don't believe, or you just flat don't know. Topix atheists get on here and argue there isn't, using scientism as a proxy for their "non-belief". Being proactive in expressing is believing, or a state of confusion.

If someone gets on hre and professes there is no afterlife, deity, or spiritual existence, then they have a belief.

The funny part is they just can't say they don't believe, they have to dance around. Which means they aren't sure of their belief in their non-belief, but that doesn't stop them from being obnoxious and accusing the religious of being dumb drones and ranting and raving against anything they say.

I believe they are nuts and/or troubled minds. I am sue there are many more that think the same way, especially after reading these "athiest forums" where they can gather and be supportive of each other in their expressions of their irrational thinking.

Topix atheists are proven nut cases.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Without our modern technology? I'd love to see that!!
I didn't say that.

Somebody claimed that we couldn't reproduce the pyramids with today's technology.

That is patently false.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 153,041 - 153,060 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,558
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min Brilliant 305,071
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••