Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
153,001 - 153,020 of 225,514 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
xyzupurmommass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the record here is varied. Some used the degrees derived from Babylonian sources. Others used what was essentially radian measures. Hipparchus, as I recall, used a radius for his standard circle so that angular masures came out nicely. Ptolemy used something closer to degrees.
Sumerian astronomers introduced angle measure, using a division of circles into 360 degrees.[4] They and their successors the Babylonians studied the ratios of the sides of similar triangles and discovered some properties of these ratios, but did not turn that into a systematic method for finding sides and angles of triangles. The ancient Nubians used a similar method.[5] The ancient Greeks transformed trigonometry into an ordered science. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometry

And for radians ?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Intelligent design proponet burps something in court. No reaason to read further, KJV is just humiliating himself again.
Langoliers wrote:
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent design proponent declared:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

XYZURMOMMAPASS wrote:
<quoted text>u're confusion is well noted.
diputs er'uoy desufnoc ton mi spil ym daer
xyzupurmommass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

History

The concept of radian measure, as opposed to the degree of an angle, is normally credited to Roger Cotes in 1714.[1] He had the radian in everything but name, and he recognized its naturalness as a unit of angular measure. The idea of measuring angles by the length of the arc was used already by other mathematicians. For example al-Kashi (c. 1400) used so-called diameter parts as units where one diameter part was 1/60 radian and they also used sexagesimal subunits of the diameter part.[2]

The term radian first appeared in print on 5 June 1873, in examination questions set by James Thomson (brother of Lord Kelvin) at Queen's College, Belfast. He used the term as early as 1871, while in 1869, Thomas Muir, then of the University of St Andrews,

vacillated between rad, radial and radian. In 1874, Muir adopted radian after a consultation with James Thomson.[3][4][5]

I think coined word "Radian goes way further back to Persian ... i could be wrong.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a geniuses you are not.
Carry on...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
You are one sharp cookie.
Uh, am I supposed to feel bad or chastised or something?

You are one strange cat Dave, you solicited for sex with underage boys in here before and. But now you want to talk down on gay.
You are as steady as a squiggly line on thinghys. Most folks call people like you "just plain crazy" , no passing go or collecting extra credits for explaining away gravity with a magnet.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

So?

If he's just another id cu*t, he's not trustworthy.
Langoliers wrote:
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Nice catch! Often I scroll past his insanity but wow! Just wow!

Enjoy this song with much win.

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry on...
xyzupurmommass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
diputs er'uoy desufnoc ton mi spil ym daer
reverse it, and it returns to you in many folds~~ BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWHAHAAHAHAHAHa END GAME!
reasonableguy2

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

What can be proven is that the biblical god, Yahweh, does not and never did exist.l The authority for the existence of the biblical god is the story of Moses in the Book of Exodus. There God is said to have given Moses the Ten Commandments plus a lot of additional advice. But the biblical Moses could not have existed. The story in Exodus tells of how Joshua, Moses' successor, conquered Canaan around 1441 BCE (if you believe I Kings 6:1) or around 1263/2 BCE (if you believe Exodus 1:11).

But that is simply impossible because all of Canaan was under direct and continuous Egyptian control from 1550 BCE (when the Egyptians conquered Canaan) until 1141 BCE when Rameses VI withdrew Egyptian troops from Canaan to put down civil unrest in Egypt. There are numerous Egyptian records (such as the Amarna Letters) that tell about their control of Canaan during that period. If there were no conquest of Canaan, then there could have been no Exodus. And, if there were no Exodus, there would have been no Moses. And, if there were no Moses, there would have been no Yahweh handing out the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai (or Mount Horeb). I's really very simple.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one strange cat Dave, you solicited for sex with underage boys in here before and. But now you want to talk down on gay.
You are as steady as a squiggly line on thinghys. Most folks call people like you "just plain crazy" , no passing go or collecting extra credits for explaining away gravity with a magnet.
Oh? I did?

When was that Oralee?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted earlier by derek4
The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)
Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).
http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...
http://www.amazon.com/Necronomicon-Simon/dp/0...

Even mythical books are made into books, whether in humor or in all seriousness, so your point is basically .... nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

xyzupurmommass wrote:
<quoted text>reverse it, and it returns to you in many folds~~ BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWHAHAAHAHAHAHa END GAME!
Oh it's not over. The fat lady hasn't even come out yet.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to think so.
Marriage was only between men and women when the Constitution was written. Period. No expectation it would ever be anything else. Marriage laws are up to the individual states.
There is no Constitutional right to same sex marriage on the Federal level.
Just like gays, coming in the back door to get what they want. Even if they have to pervert the Constitution. Again, you would have to pervert the 14th amendment to even get a foot in the door on that one.
The Constitution doesn't stipulate that marriage is between a man and a woman. The Fed would be free and clear of the issue if the tax code did not recognize some married couples but not others. Since the Fed does that, the only way to rectify it once and for all is to amend the Constitution, one way or the other. Make it clear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? I did?
When was that Oralee?
Year and a half ago....um ask Kaitlin, remember now?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
You are one sharp cookie.
Uh, am I supposed to feel bad or chastised or something?
You should feel like the dinosaur that you are, old timer.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, but slaves who were from a different planet!
Well, that goes without saying.

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Year and a half ago....um ask Kaitlin, remember now?
Oh, yeah. I remember digging up all the posts and reposting them to show the lie the psycho witch of the west was telling a year later. All the posts. You bought that, eh? There were no pickups in it at all. I had noticed the ISP she had forgotten to hide, and which I told her about. Same ISP as SK. That was her cue to say I was trying to pick "him" up.

I picked up she wasn't a 14 year old boy in about 2 posts.

All the while she had all of her atheist buddies cheering this 14 year old kid taking on old Dave. They were so impressed with "his" intelligence. Some really fawned over "him'.

I am sure she received many PM from "admirers". Were you one of them, Aura?

SK is about as psychotic as they get, and it's very hard to miss. Yet she still has fans among her atheist buddies. Amazing.

I had given you credit for being a cut above the rest of these idiots. My mistake.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And many of the past gender roles are changing. For example, most women now have jobs outside of the home. Most men actually interact with their children now.
<quoted text>
Many women take out the trash. Many men change diapers. Many men cook. Most women have jobs. None of those are particularly male or female jobs: they simply need to get done any anyone can do them.
Very few activities actually require a particular set of genitals.
My daughter was born a coupla months after my accident. I learned to change a diaper in less that a minute - one-handed.
Oh, and I can tie little baby shoelaces, while they're on little baby feet. One-handed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
This is the story of Dave's life.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/barber-just-...
<quoted text>
They do it all with mirrors.

Or magnets.

Or something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min PDUPONT 1,095,054
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 12 hr RICK SERVICE 28
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••