Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159127 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Read the FACTS
Pointing out that I have dyslexic
Is a complement. Thank you.
Dyslexic The Genesis disease.
Facts are that people with Dyslexic have bigger brains. And most Genesis have Dyslexic.
Dyslexia - The Strange Genius Disease
Dyslexic people are intuitive, highly intelligent and creative individuals who are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. But because they think in pictures, they have troubles when it comes to letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dyslexia-The-S...
Dyslexics have a larger brain than "normal" people. It is about 10% larger in the right hemisphere.
http://www.coulditbedyslexia.com/know.html

But Lango 10% extra stupid doesn't count as content, it's a deficit.
XYZURMOMMAPASS

United States

#159128 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A radian is a ratio. It is derived by ratios. Sorry.
All numbers are ratios. When you apply any formula to the physical, ratios will be involved.
IN TRIG it is use of radians is more precise than ratios

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159129 Mar 8, 2013
Cue in the dizzylexic defense policy. he he heh
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159130 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ludwig van Beethoven
Beethoven's challenge was not mental, it was physiological. And more critically, it affected what could be considered his most important sense - that of hearing. At the age of 23 Beethoven started hearing strange noises - the first signs of trouble. He told few about his problem till he could hide it no more and started to use notebooks to communicate. But his music only got better. He channelled all his energy into his compositions, which became more powerful as his deafness worsened. Beethoven composed Symphony No. 9 The Choral, considered one of the greatest musical masterpieces, when he was totally deaf!"
People mistakenly consider composing while deaf some sort of miraculous feat, it's not. Composers already know what each instrument sounds like, they also know how they sound in different registers. They have spent a lot of time realizing what certain pairings of instruments sounds like. Trombones, cello, french horns, and Violas for example. Harmony and rhythms are internal. A good composer has all of the potential sounds well established in his mind. He KNOWS what the piece will sound like without hearing it. Unfortunate for Beethoven, but he had already heard his symphony well before it was performed. Actually it was probably a better experience for him as he heard it without flaw.
XYZURMOMMAPASS

United States

#159131 Mar 8, 2013
a ratio is relationship between numbers of same kind .
XYZURMOMMAPASS

United States

#159132 Mar 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Cue in the dizzylexic defense policy. he he heh
u're confusion is well noted.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159133 Mar 8, 2013
XYZURMOMMAPASS wrote:
<quoted text>IN TRIG it is use of radians is more precise than ratios
Tell that to the ancients who built those places. I will guarantee not a one of them had college trigonometry, or high school for that matter.

Now they may have had something similar. Built on ratios.
XYZURMOMMAPASS

United States

#159134 Mar 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>People mistakenly consider composing while deaf some sort of miraculous feat, it's not. Composers already know what each instrument sounds like, they also know how they sound in different registers. They have spent a lot of time realizing what certain pairings of instruments sounds like. Trombones, cello, french horns, and Violas for example. Harmony and rhythms are internal. A good composer has all of the potential sounds well established in his mind. He KNOWS what the piece will sound like without hearing it. Unfortunate for Beethoven, but he had already heard his symphony well before it was performed. Actually it was probably a better experience for him as he heard it without flaw.
mozart is genuis , beethoven out classes.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#159135 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to think so.
Marriage was only between men and women when the Constitution was written. Period. No expectation it would ever be anything else. Marriage laws are up to the individual states.
There is no Constitutional right to same sex marriage on the Federal level.
Just like gays, coming in the back door to get what they want. Even if they have to pervert the Constitution. Again, you would have to pervert the 14th amendment to even get a foot in the door on that one.
You may be in for a big surprise in the very near future, old timer.

It wasn't too long ago that the same argument was made about interracial marriage, old timer.

And don't think your use of the word "pervert" goes unnoticed, old timer.
UPURMOMMASS

United States

#159137 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the ancients who built those places. I will guarantee not a one of them had college trigonometry, or high school for that matter.
Now they may have had something similar. Built on ratios.
Why do you think the ancient Greeks used degrees instead of radians?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#159138 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking.
Best answer that you could give, I suppose. Ignore the data and close your mind.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#159139 Mar 8, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.......or maybe something like this....."Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my children who had to drown his own.?"
Yep!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#159140 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to think so.
Marriage was only between men and women when the Constitution was written. Period. No expectation it would ever be anything else. Marriage laws are up to the individual states.
There is no Constitutional right to same sex marriage on the Federal level.
Just like gays, coming in the back door to get what they want. Even if they have to pervert the Constitution. Again, you would have to pervert the 14th amendment to even get a foot in the door on that one.
Old timer, I forgot to mention one other detail.

Slavery existed when the Constitution was written, too.

And notice the comma after "written".

I also caught that "back door" reference too.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159141 Mar 8, 2013
XYZURMOMMAPASS wrote:
<quoted text>mozart is genuis , beethoven out classes.
And Stravinski and Mahler put them both to shame!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159143 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>You may be in for a big surprise in the very near future, old timer.

It wasn't too long ago that the same argument was made about interracial marriage, old timer.

And don't think your use of the word "pervert" goes unnoticed, old timer.
And Bill Clinton recommended repealing DOMA.

Location hidden

#159144 Mar 8, 2013
XYZURMOMMAPASS wrote:
a ratio is relationship between numbers of same kind .
Six foot is six times one foot. That is 6 to 1.

Assignment of "one" is arbitrary. One marks a quantity. All others mark ratios of that quantity. Calibrations.

Using a right angle, like I described earlier, gives you a reference point to achieve degrees, which are arbitrary divisions. You could mark off lengths and get and angle. Can't remember exactly, but I think it was 4 on one leg and 7 on the other to get a 60 degree angle. There are a variety of methods to get the same results.

Sighting sticks, just a stick in the ground off in the distance you want to make a straight line toward, a measure stick or rope, and that plumb bob level is all you really need. How you record the method to progress was up to the builders. Put a stick in the ground, face the sun on a certain date and time, or know the ratios of declination for the date you do it, and you can make a baseline to work from. Say how far from the top of a straight measured stick stuck in the ground to it's shadow tip at high noon. Easier to form it on the North Star. If available.

Location hidden

#159145 Mar 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Old timer, I forgot to mention one other detail.
Slavery existed when the Constitution was written, too.
And notice the comma after "written".
I also caught that "back door" reference too.
Wow!

You are one sharp cookie.

Uh, am I supposed to feel bad or chastised or something?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#159146 Mar 8, 2013
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:

The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#159147 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
OK what atheist religious sect do I belong to?

What is the common ground of this atheist religion?

What is the doctrine of this religion?
xyzupurmommass

United States

#159148 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Six foot is six times one foot. That is 6 to 1.
Assignment of "one" is arbitrary. One marks a quantity. All others mark ratios of that quantity. Calibrations.
Using a right angle, like I described earlier, gives you a reference point to achieve degrees, which are arbitrary divisions. You could mark off lengths and get and angle. Can't remember exactly, but I think it was 4 on one leg and 7 on the other to get a 60 degree angle. There are a variety of methods to get the same results.
Sighting sticks, just a stick in the ground off in the distance you want to make a straight line toward, a measure stick or rope, and that plumb bob level is all you really need. How you record the method to progress was up to the builders. Put a stick in the ground, face the sun on a certain date and time, or know the ratios of declination for the date you do it, and you can make a baseline to work from. Say how far from the top of a straight measured stick stuck in the ground to it's shadow tip at high noon. Easier to form it on the North Star. If available.
6th of whole round pie = 60 degree . qUESTION HOW THEY MANAGE GET THOSE MANY LONG COLUMN UP AT RIGHT ANGLE , EQUI-DISTANCED APART AT A FAR DISTANCE , REMAIN A MYSTERY TOO TODAY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,156,074
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 307,097
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr Earthling-1 2,741
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 7 hr zubedaanur 693
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Fri best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web