Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159077 Mar 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. That's not what I'm saying at all. If it were, you & I wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation right now.
I don't understand gays and I probably never will. But there out there, the sneaky little bastards, and I want to learn to be more tolerant than I've been. What better way than to get info straight from the source?
That's perfectly fine with me. Ask anything you want. I think it's great when people come to understand each other. I think our society needs that.
Yes, they don't threaten me.
And yes, I don't have to agree with everything they do just like they don't have to agree with everything they do.
To each his own, right?
To each his own, yes. And that doesn't mean one must like everything about someone else either. Sometimes I see people (not you) getting all huffy about being bigoted or intolerant, when the person in question just has a dislike of some aspect of someone else. We all have our opinions, that's natural. It's when those opinions become generalized and develop into stereotypes that ignorance and bigotry come to the fore.

Being tolerant can be a virtue, but it's unreasonable to expect others to go further and celebrate you for some trait or other.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159078 Mar 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is Neanderthal.
I bet he used a club to propose to his wife.
I did, it's called Margaritaville.

Ladies get unfree on Thursdays.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159079 Mar 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not assume what society you were referring to. You seemed to be referring to the entire world, which made no sense to me.
<quoted text>
Well, again, American presumptions about gender change all the time, and will continue to do so. Other than biological differences, I don't see any logical necessity for one gender or other to conform to any standard. What's the rationale for that? If a couple in a relationship (for example) figure out what works best for them, who are others to question that?
There's nothing wrong with that, but if it violates the "standard" - what most in society view it as - they shouldn't expect special treatment.
KJV

United States

#159080 Mar 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>there's no hell
Oh

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159081 Mar 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with that, but if it violates the "standard" - what most in society view it as - they shouldn't expect special treatment.
Special treatment, no. Equal treatment, yes.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159082 Mar 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're off by 500 years, it dates to ad 500 and the area was inhabited in 4-500 bc.
The mystery is not for what they did , it is it's obscurity.
For instance the Parthenon is much older, but much writing exists
and what is known of the Greeks, Archimedes etc, is relevant.
As are the tools and methods they used.
What is unknown about the Northern Patagonian techniques is monstrous.
It's as if they did those things without writing.
"The culture in question seems to have dissolved rather abruptly some time around 1000 AD and researchers are still seeking answers as to why."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku#Peak_a...

Why would they have to have writing?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#159083 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"The culture in question seems to have dissolved rather abruptly some time around 1000 AD and researchers are still seeking answers as to why."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku#Peak_a...
Why would they have to have writing?
Building projects require measurement and blueprints, even if they are just a sketch. Especially when a high degree of precision is expected or observed. Dave don't you know that?
Interchangeable parts are pretty hard to manufacture without precise communication skills in abstract. With the Greeks we know their math and language. With ancient South America we know so little about their methodology and semantics.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#159084 Mar 8, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>there's no hell
It won't go away no matter how many times you make the claim.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#159085 Mar 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, so what is it then? Who do u think the 2 trolls are?
I told you my hypothesis.

Just read through the posts and you will see.

1. Trolls lie. They tell so many lies that they cannot keep their story straight.

2. Trolls will say anything to get your goat. If they think that they can insult your mother will get to you, they will insult your mother. Would christ do that?

3. Trolls who create puppets get their puppet characters confused. They will mess up on language, time zones, family history and so on. If you read their posts for a week or so, they will screw up.

The problem is, a real fundie will do much of the same things as a troll.

1. A fundie will lie their asses off because they feel that lying is OK, if it saves souls.

2. A fundie, like the westboro baptist freaks, will do and say anything to get to you.

3. A fundie will try to use numbers to convince you that you are wrong. To do that, they sometimes need to create a puppet or two to support their views or a puppet or two to fight and easily defeat works for them as well.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159086 Mar 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Building projects require measurement and blueprints, even if they are just a sketch. Especially when a high degree of precision is expected or observed. Dave don't you know that?
Interchangeable parts are pretty hard to manufacture without precise communication skills in abstract. With the Greeks we know their math and language. With ancient South America we know so little about their methodology and semantics.
Evidently they did fine without it.

Knotted cords were one method of communication. They could have others we aren't aware of. And don't forget it was the priestly class that did those things. Special schools with privileged schooling.

You don't need fancy plans drawn up to do those things. Playing by ear with education in fundamentals could do it. Standards can be set by templates sent. They had different ways of doing things. You can't judge by the way we do it. Whatever it was surely was based on ratios, and not fancy math. Look what the Romans did with Roman numerals.

Note in an earlier post about the tripods creating cutting and drilling guides. The standardization they exhibited there points to mass production of that sort. Jigging up and cutting by those templates. Then you just have to transport to site and assemble.

Any plans on paper or wood surely were destroyed by the humidity or used by survivors for kindling and fuel.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#159087 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it? Michigan?

It's a lake of fire!

No, it is a bottomless pit!

How else is Hell described?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159088 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has never been about "love". It has always been a breeding contract.
This "love" thing they like to push is bullshit pulled from romance novels.
Individuals can be fuzzy headed and survive. When society itself gets fuzzy headed, it will die.
So then all marriages are suppose to be arranged. Why do straight people break tradition then?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#159089 Mar 8, 2013
Much like your impairments.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159090 Mar 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have it along with two of my coworkers
I don't have it as bad as my Boss.
It's good to know that most Geniuses have this gift. It opens the mind to much better ways of thinking.
Dyslexic The Genesis disease.
Facts are that people with Dyslexic have bigger brains. And most Genesis have Dyslexic.
Dyslexia - The Strange Genius Disease
Dyslexic people are intuitive, highly intelligent and creative individuals who are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. But because they think in pictures, they have troubles when it comes to letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dyslexia-The-S...
Dyslexics have a larger brain than "normal" people. It is about 10% larger in the right hemisphere.
http://www.coulditbedyslexia.com/know.html
Um, no, it's called a disability for a specific reason. Overcoming it only overcomes it, and forces you to waste a lot of learning resources to do that, placing you behind in almost all other scholarly pursuits. A person with dyslexia operates at about 10% lower IQ than they actually have, because of the dyslexia. A larger brain doesn't mean more intelligence either, moron.
XYZYOMOMMAUPASS

United States

#159091 Mar 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently they did fine without it.
Knotted cords were one method of communication. They could have others we aren't aware of. And don't forget it was the priestly class that did those things. Special schools with privileged schooling.
You don't need fancy plans drawn up to do those things. Playing by ear with education in fundamentals could do it. Standards can be set by templates sent. They had different ways of doing things. You can't judge by the way we do it. Whatever it was surely was based on ratios, and not fancy math. Look what the Romans did with Roman numerals.
Note in an earlier post about the tripods creating cutting and drilling guides. The standardization they exhibited there points to mass production of that sort. Jigging up and cutting by those templates. Then you just have to transport to site and assemble.
Any plans on paper or wood surely were destroyed by the humidity or used by survivors for kindling and fuel.
Chimp Meathead you ratio surely don't fit some try trigonometry... JAJAJAJAAJA

Location hidden

#159092 Mar 8, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Where is it? Michigan?

It's a lake of fire!

No, it is a bottomless pit!

How else is Hell described?
Punishment in Hell is Eternal

Isaiah 66:24
"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." (NIV)

Daniel 12:2
Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace.(NLT)

Matthew 25:46
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." (NIV)

Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands.(NLT)

Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.(NLT)

Revelation 14:11
"And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." (NKJV)

Hell is a Place of Separation from God

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.(NLT)

Hell Is a Place of Fire

Matthew 3:12
"His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (NKJV)

Matthew 13:41–42
The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.(NLT)

Matthew 13:50
... throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.(NLT)

Revelation 20:15
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.(NLT)

Location hidden

#159093 Mar 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Much like your impairments.
Pointing out that I have dyslexic
Is a complement. Thank you.

Facts are that people with Dyslexic have bigger brains. And most Genesis have Dyslexic.

Dyslexic people are intuitive, highly intelligent and creative individuals who are visual, multi-dimensional thinkers. But because they think in pictures, they have troubles when it comes to letters, numbers, symbols, and written words.

Dyslexics have a larger brain than "normal" people. It is about 10% larger in the right hemisphere.

Location hidden

#159094 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no, it's called a disability for a specific reason. Overcoming it only overcomes it, and forces you to waste a lot of learning resources to do that, placing you behind in almost all other scholarly pursuits. A person with dyslexia operates at about 10% lower IQ than they actually have, because of the dyslexia. A larger brain doesn't mean more intelligence either, moron.
LOL

Read the FACTS

Pointing out that I have dyslexic
Is a complement. Thank you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#159095 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." (NIV)
Many of those whose bodies lie dead and buried will rise up, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting disgrace.(NLT)
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." (NIV)
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands.(NLT)
Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.(NLT)
"And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." (NKJV)
They will be punished with eternal destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power.(NLT)
Hell Is a Place of Fire
"His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (NKJV)
The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.(NLT)
... throwing the wicked into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.(NLT)
And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.(NLT)
So your god is unjust.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#159097 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Jude 7
Hell Is a Place of Fire
I noticed that you cannot stay with one translation. Pretty scarey stuff! I wonder what kind of god would really do to their creation.

god the father, huh? What kind of father would do that to their children? When my children messed up, they would get punished and then had to sit on their bed to think about what they had done. After that, they would come to me and apologize; I would let them know that they were forgiven and then it was over. Your 'father' will torture his 'children' for eternity? Sick fu[king bastard if you ask me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min GayGhostsMama 1,110,278
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr R TRUTH 27,426
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••