Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#130257 Oct 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
There. I fixed your lie.
Editing other people's posts is quite low a tactic.

Please, hold yourself to higher standards.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#130258 Oct 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to Hell. I really don't think you have the right to say someone is mentally ill.
Don't you read your bible? There is no Hell in the Abrahamic religion.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130259 Oct 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You proved my point----Athetards not only cannot be good without God, they are only evil without God.
You are publicly denying how evil and wicked you are.
I'm exposing it.
Pubicly?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#130260 Oct 17, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you read your bible? There is no Hell in the Abrahamic religion.
Crom.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#130261 Oct 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
So when bad things happen to you, your belief grows? When a car crushed my leg and the doctors cut it off, I should have dropped to my one knee and thanked your god? Am I the only one that finds that silly?
Serah wrote:
Err ~ you lived to tell your tale... who would you like to thank for that? The car that bowled you over?
The Christian psychology is chilling.

You seem to believe that you deserve pain and suffering, and that any lessening of that is reason to be grateful - like a dog that believes that it was born deserving beatings just for being a dog, and loves its master most on the days with fewer or no beatings.

It's not too difficult to guess where that idea came from, or how others could benefit from you having it.

One of the benefits of being an unbeliever is that River Tam can understand that what happened to her was just rotten luck. She realizes that nobody with the power to prevent such an accident allowed it to happen - or worse, ordered it.

A Christian in the same situation, on the other hand, not only has to deal with the idea that she lost her leg at the pleasure of some deity, but that she is expected to thank it for that. That's demeaning.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#130262 Oct 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah is misinformed. She's here so she obviously is looking for something. Be nice and teach.
In Jesus name, RAMEN.
May I quote from her Bio:-

Headline:
Thank you GOD for JESUS

Hometown:
And thank you JESUS for CARING

Neighborhood:
Where the birds are safe 4eva

Local Favorites:
The Magpies are looking after me

Belong To:
GOD and all the Angels and then Queen Puggy but she also belongs to me :)

When I'm Not on Topix:
I'm off with the Fairies and following the Angels

Read This Book:
Whichever one leads you on a higher pathway

Favorite Things:
Queen Puggy, music, dancing & singing, cryptic messages from the Angels and Royal Gala Apples ~ and GOD gave us these things with HIS LOVE

On My Mind:
Knowing and understanding the Scriptures about being exalted through being humbled

I Believe In:
GOD & Lord Jesus, Queen of Heaven, the Prophets, Miracles, Angels, Spirituality and Souls, Ascending Ladders, Dream Control, Revelation of Jesus Christ, DNA and activating codes

I don't think there much hope for her.

Since: Mar 11

Latonia, KY

#130263 Oct 17, 2012
That's why you're one of my favorite posters on here. No matter what the godbot tries you are always a few dozen steps ahead.:)

Bravo
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I point you out on that chart?
:-)

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#130264 Oct 17, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, you didn't hurt my feelings. You proved my point----Athetards not only cannot be good without God, they are only evil without God.
You are publicly denying how evil and wicked you are.
I'm exposing it.
What your dishonesty?

Since: Mar 11

Latonia, KY

#130265 Oct 17, 2012
The pagan goddess hell will not be amused with the older Abrahamic religion not believing in her domain of eternal fiery torture. Jew 2.5 aka Christianity fixed that problem though as did Jew 3.0 aka Islam and Jew 4.9 aka Mormonism.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Crom.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#130266 Oct 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You seem to believe that you deserve pain and suffering, and that any lessening of that is reason to be grateful - like a dog that believes that it was born deserving beatings just for being a dog, and loves its master most on the days with fewer or no beatings.
It's not too difficult to guess where that idea came from, or how others could benefit from you having it.
One of the benefits of being an unbeliever is that River Tam can understand that what happened to her was just rotten luck. She realizes that nobody with the power to prevent such an accident allowed it to happen - or worse, ordered it.
A Christian in the same situation, on the other hand, not only has to deal with the idea that she lost her leg at the pleasure of some deity, but that she is expected to thank it for that. That's demeaning.
Rotten luck and a fuckinbicycle. I ended up doing the splits on his hood when I should have been ass up on his windshield. A pedal and pants leg.

I'm just looking for book titles.
Nobody

Irving, TX

#130267 Oct 17, 2012
The problem here in all these topix's no-one knows what "LOVE" is.

#130268 Oct 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A fine post, mi amigo.

In fact, quite brilliant.

Come stai, amigo (sorry if I mix languages. I speak Spinglinuese)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#130269 Oct 17, 2012
Nobody wrote:
The problem here in all these topix's no-one knows what "LOVE" is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#130271 Oct 17, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a stupid thing to say! Do you have a right to hit me? Don't think so. You can swing your arms all you want, but you cannot swing them in someone's face.
<quoted text>
Does it matter what one person says, or what the society around them says? muslins kill their wayward children all the time. In their country, we have little to say, but when they enter the U.S., we have something to say about it.
<quoted text>
That's right. I can stand up and say what I think. If possible, I can try to get her out of that hell hole. Thank goodness some people did act and got her out!
As you stated, the civilized world, the majority, will not tolerate such actions; if enough of their people request our help, I am sure we will intervene. Much like France intervened in the American Revolution and America intervened in WWI and WWII.
<quoted text>
Try punishing someone and then tell the judge that you were just exercising your rights. Let me know how that works out for you.
You have the right to say whatever you like, but you cannot make me listen. Your right to talk cannot and will not trump my right to listen or not listen. In other words; Your rights stop were mine begin.
<quoted text>
I am not and you know it. I know full well that most muslims are like most christians, who are like most jews, who are like most Atheists, so on and so forth. The average joe does not commit terrorist acts.
If you are going to continue saying stupid shit like this; then I really have no need to talk with you.
Just because you think itís so does not mean my rights stop because you want them to.

Perhaps you can post a link to a report of Muslims killing wayward children all the time because I really canít believe you just said that. Methinks you supermarket tabloid hat press has done a doozie on you. How about eating babies, does that come into it too? And when you enter a Muslim country you should therefore adhere to their laws and mores. This is what you are saying is it not? Or are you again saying that itís right for you but not for people you donít like?

Iím sorry what has intervening in order to limit freedom of speech got to do with promoting freedom of speech. Actually the US joined WW2 because of 1/ Pearl Harbour and 2/ Hitler declaring war on the UK the following day

Again that is nothing to do with freedom of speech, that is to do with the law. Because you do not want to listen does not limit my rights, my rights still exist whether you want to limit them or not, you donít want to listen then fine, go away but you will not limit my rights because you donít want to listen - Jeez this is getting boring

Ah right, just that I though when you derided the Muslim by writing mussies and using the term Muslim terrorists I assumed you were talking about Muslims. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Feel free to walk away, that is your prerogative

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#130272 Oct 17, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who proposed the Big Bang theory was a priest.
.. was that before or after he met the young novice ??..

.. hi ya, DF !! You been cougar hunting again? We missed you ..

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#130273 Oct 17, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! Time after time, you and I say the same thing!! I don't know how we got so far off on the topic of muslims and rights!
You have your views and I have mine, much of the time they coincide, sometimes they donít.

#130274 Oct 17, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya, DF !! You been cougar hunting again? We missed you ..
No, had to compile the mother of all quotes.

Sorry for being AWOL, I promise to never leave you again

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#130275 Oct 17, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was the young novice.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#130276 Oct 17, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a glorious machine.
The only problem with those type of cars is practicality - they are headaches in a city environment.
Firstly, to splash a million USD on a car makes you already very rich, but to splash it out on a car that you will almost never drive, means that you are super rich.
I would still go Aston Martin.
Agreed. The Pagani is an engineering sculpture, to be admired.

The Aston it is, and may be for me eventually if I can deal with some guilt.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#130277 Oct 17, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you read your bible? There is no Hell in the Abrahamic religion.
Daniel 12:1-2. Sounds like hell to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Sweet Britches 1,618,033
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min Freedomofexpression 318,261
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 54 min Trojan 34,436
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web