Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#130137 Oct 16, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We each believe that which we believe and that which is inherent within us. As I seek to become closer to GOD, some clearly don't even know him. Francis Collins is a brilliant scientist, and clearly believes in GOD ~ Faith is definitely in the equation; no red flag needed. Cheers, I do believe that your belief in atheism requires as much Faith as to believe in GOD ~ no red flag needed :)
Why do you think everybody has to have a belief?

Just because you are brainwashed doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#130138 Oct 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have "belief in atheism."
And I don't require any faith.
I just don't believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in hexes, ghosts, astrology, witches, gods, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, none of that sort of stuff.
This shouldn't be difficult for you to understand. You probably don't believe in most of the supernatural stuff I mentioned, and as for gods, you don't believe in any of the over 10,000 gods that have been suggested in different places by different cultures over the years, except for one of those gods. So in effect you are an "atheist" about all gods except one of them.
I'm an atheist about that one too. So really, we aren't that far apart. We agree that 9,999 of the alleged gods don't exist, we only disagree as to one of them. Just one out of 10,000.
If you don't have a belief, why are you on here arguing about it?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#130139 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing.

I am performing an educational function.

You should be grateful.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#130141 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a belief, why are you on here arguing about it?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#130142 Oct 16, 2012
Your doubt and unbelief has no affect on my faith. You’re powerless in your argument to convince me otherwise. Enjoy the darkness that you embrace. Your love of self defines who you are and what you stand for.

I believe and will always believe that God is real. I know that he is real even if you don’t.

Psalm 145
[A Psalm] of praise. Of David.

1 I will extol You, my God, O King; and I will bless Your name forever and ever [with grateful, affectionate praise].

2 Every day [with its new reasons] will I bless You [affectionately and gratefully praise You]; yes, I will praise Your name forever and ever.

3 Great is the Lord and highly to be praised; and His greatness is [so vast and deep as to be] unsearchable.

4 One generation shall laud Your works to another and shall declare Your mighty acts.

5 On the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wondrous works I will meditate.

6 Men shall speak of the might of Your tremendous and terrible acts, and I will declare Your greatness.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#130143 Oct 16, 2012
Atheistic mind:

Self centered and self elevated. Always believes they are more intellectual than the really are. Enjoy admiring themselves. What they say is absolute truth. Why?, because they said so. What you say does not matter. Why?, because you said it.

Vain to the center core of their belief. Their overly important self rises above all who challenge them. Arrogantly smug and their overly inflated self worth. Always in the indictment mode. Pointing the finger is a mainstay. All their accusations are true. Why?, because they said so, that makes it true.

Their sense of self exceeds the limits of what is normal. Narcissism has permeated into the root system of their mind. Channeling throughout their innermost recesses of their being. Mindlessly conceited and copiously self important to the degree of absurdity.

Admiring self and ones fanciful self absorbed and imaginary talent. Their wisdom is elevated by their superior high mindedness. They have obtained greatness in their own mind. They are their number one fan. Self rule and self guidance they navigate through life by self induced pride.

The atheistic mind is all about being self centered.“There is no god,” they say. Because they see no evidence in their inward looking self diagnostic analysis of self. Self being the center of the universe according to the wisdom of self.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#130144 Oct 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Atheistic mind:
Self centered and self elevated. Always believes they are more intellectual than the really are. Enjoy admiring themselves. What they say is absolute truth. Why?, because they said so. What you say does not matter. Why?, because you said it.
Vain to the center core of their belief. Their overly important self rises above all who challenge them. Arrogantly smug and their overly inflated self worth. Always in the indictment mode. Pointing the finger is a mainstay. All their accusations are true. Why?, because they said so, that makes it true.
Their sense of self exceeds the limits of what is normal. Narcissism has permeated into the root system of their mind. Channeling throughout their innermost recesses of their being. Mindlessly conceited and copiously self important to the degree of absurdity.
Admiring self and ones fanciful self absorbed and imaginary talent. Their wisdom is elevated by their superior high mindedness. They have obtained greatness in their own mind. They are their number one fan. Self rule and self guidance they navigate through life by self induced pride.
The atheistic mind is all about being self centered.“There is no god,” they say. Because they see no evidence in their inward looking self diagnostic analysis of self. Self being the center of the universe according to the wisdom of self.
Godbot mind ----> deluded

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#130145 Oct 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing.
You should be grateful.
He's going to have to repeat.

Location hidden

#130147 Oct 16, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a belief, why are you on here arguing about it?
Because idiots on here with no belief are trying to make other believe in their non-belief.

I think they are just trolls.

San Francisco, CA

#130148 Oct 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Your doubt and unbelief has no affect on my faith.
Effect, not affect.

Location hidden

#130149 Oct 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing.
You should be grateful.
So I am to teach you for free?

And then you argue with me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#130150 Oct 16, 2012
Eagle12 wrote:
Atheistic mind ... Self rule and self guidance they navigate through life by self induced pride.
“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Condell
Atheist Silurist

Gloucester, UK

#130151 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because idiots on here with no belief are trying to make other believe in their non-belief.
It makes a change from the religiously afflicted trying to push their old testament gibberish onto the whole of humanity in the same way they have for thousands of years.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#130152 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to New Orleans?
I lived there for a few years and there is no other place like it. The cost of living isn't cheap there, but it is amazing how you can survive on so little, especially if you are just hanging out. It has its issues, but one of the neatest collections of people around. A good place to get your head together. Very mellow. Saved my ass.
Have you been to Venice Beach? Talk about a collection of people :)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#130153 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an atheist thread so if you don't like it PO.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#130154 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe you're the Devil.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#130155 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been to Venice Beach? Talk about a collection of people :)
I was born near there :)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#130156 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I have no belief? Cause there is no proof! The people who believe are completely different from the next believer! Atheists are not that far apart.

Long Beach, CA

#130157 Oct 16, 2012
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So I am to teach you for free?
And then you argue with me?
I have no interest in magnetism.

Or gods.

Or in arguing with you.

Long Beach, CA

#130158 Oct 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was born near there :)
And I am currently very close to Venice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 min Bruin For Life 27,596
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min RoxLo 1,115,463
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 23 min Fair Game 1,130
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr Michele 345
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Brian_G 305,850
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE