Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244778 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#129684 Oct 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Boys and girls; this one is a nutter! Don't be too hard on her.
That's what I say.

Let's have a "be kind to Serah day."

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129685 Oct 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
13 grandchildren?
Now that's some kind of reality!!
What's the age range?
Kids ---> 24 - 31yrs
Grandkids ----> 10months - 8yrs

Reality, last Saturday we had a wedding rehearsal for my eldest girl and a birthday party for one of my grand daughters.(we came home and slept).

Then Sunday was spent organizing paper work for a new course I am teaching.
(I am standing up therefor I am awake!!!)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#129686 Oct 14, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
Being a theist is like saying "I reject the proven knowledge behind the car that drives me to work, the computer that lets me do my work and the housing, infrastructure and energy that lets me and others live happily in ignorance."
"Instead I am content to believe that everything in the world is magic and there's no need to thank the thousands of hard working scientists or doctors that allow me and others to live in this ignorant self-inflicted bubble of stupidity".
That makes no sense whhat you're rambling off. Houdini was a magician, not God. Can Houdini raise the dead, of couese not . So you see God is God and Houdini is simply a magician.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129687 Oct 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Boys and girls; this one is a nutter! Don't be too hard on her.
Ooohhhhh, but it's so much fuuunnn.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129688 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> That makes no sense whhat you're rambling off. Houdini was a magician, not God. Can Houdini raise the dead, of couese not . So you see God is God and Houdini is simply a magician.
Which god? Ptah?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#129689 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes; being extremely allergic to many additives and chemicals, including some plastics, makes one very aware of what causes the reactions. Information on the numbers in the ingredients listing on food labeling is easy enough to find, but most people don't really bother, they have faith in those that are making the chemicals and they have faith in those that have legalised it.
If you look at the list of ingredients in the chemicals on sites that give you the info, they will give you the maximum level per item allowed, so that you know how much producers can use, as a maximum.
There is no warning on labels that certain additives have restricted levels as set by the *** http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumerinfor... *** so most people do not know that they should limit their intake to the maximum level per item consumed, because that is not the responsibility of the Board or the Supplier; that responsibility lies with the Consumer. Problem is, most Consumers' don't know that they should know what these numbered codes mean to their health....
I would use the words "misplaced trust" here instead of faith, but at least we agree on one thing.

However, your reasons for understanding "it's bad for me" aren't explanatory since they stop at that. Why are food additives bad for you?

The ultimate answer is because we don't have adaptations to deal with them - we didn't evolve with these food additives, so have limited defenses against them.

In fact, people with the greatest sensitivity to industrial pollution and products are being selected against. For those who suffer the worst, their genes are being removed from future generations.

Long Beach, CA

#129690 Oct 14, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Picking on women. You will get yours.
You suck Hiding.

You totally suck.

OK lightbeamrider, happy now?

You know, god's gonna get you for making a false accusation.

You better repent, and fast.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#129691 Oct 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah, now tell the truth. You were not allowed to be near your children for how long? Why was that?
What are you talking about?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129692 Oct 14, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a trap, Serah!
Don't do it!
She's bring out facts and such.
Hiding is a bbbaaaddd girl.

I will spank her later.:)

Long Beach, CA

#129693 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids ---> 24 - 31yrs
Grandkids ----> 10months - 8yrs
Reality, last Saturday we had a wedding rehearsal for my eldest girl and a birthday party for one of my grand daughters.(we came home and slept).
Then Sunday was spent organizing paper work for a new course I am teaching.
(I am standing up therefor I am awake!!!)
I tip my hat to you, my friend.

Long Beach, CA

#129694 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
We need HL.

She's the best spanker of all.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#129695 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's only a creationist in the sense that he believes a deity created the universe with foreknowledge of what would happen. He wrote a book on evolution and calls people - like yourself - who don't believe in evolution "uneducated." His words. I agree with him on that point.
But I disagree on the others. His belief is an inference. It's not supportable by evidence, but by personal experience interpreted through culture.
For one thing, if you assume that the Christian god created the universe, you have to explain:
1. why that god and not some other one?
2. how is God moral when He Created an evolutionary process that produced parasites that cause immense suffering among human children?
Collins didn't answer those questions. He's not capable of answering those questions - but you're welcome to give it a go.

The whole driving force behind existence is way too competitive and the history of Earths organisms and evolutionary path
of predation and right down to the nature of sexual reproduction
screams there was nothing intelligent in the design , or that if there were a creator it was one who relished in the suffering of the creation. I think this so much that if there truly were a creator , it is one of such twisted and awful nature that you could only call this thing a monster.

The struggling history of all living creatures and the devastation's of cosmic , volcanic and atmospheric origin
show the plight of all animal life on Earth to be unguided unaided and entirely resting in a uncertain gamble and resting in the throw of the dice.

For this reason I cannot accept there could be an intelligent designer , and if there was it was what creationists would call evil, and must have met it's own demise. But for all intents and purpose a thing of such terrible nature could not be hidden so well, and indeed would manifest itself within it's creation and all would know the terrible nature and wrath of the monster.
But it simply isn't there to be found , therefore it simply cannot exist.

#129696 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You never responded to:-
Let me ask you some questions, there are 30,000+ gods, 32,000 christian sects and 4 billion Hindi gods so:-
1. Which god do you pray to and why?
2. How much reseach did you do to select your god?
3. Why do you think you are right?
and
Who is Richard Hawking?
I pray to the GOD of Abraham; HE that is I AM.
I have been researching GOD as long as I can remember, however, you may note that my avatar name is Serah? Serah is the daughter of Asher, 8th son of Jacob, and I was seeking her for many years and finally found her again (she is mentioned a few times in the Bible) in the Jewish Talmud.

Serah has strong belief in Prayer, and strong Faith in particular, and is still - here, as a copy and paste troll, I will do exactly that...

***Serah bat Asher was a granddaughter of the biblical patriarch Jacob (Genesis 46:17). A cave and synagogue connected with her in central Iran, 30 kilometers (18.5 miles) west of Isfahan, near a village called P&#299;r Bakr&#257;n in the area of Linj&#257;n, has become one of the holiest places of Iranian Jewry and an important pilgrimage destination.

Legend explains how Serah ended up so far from the land of her forefathers and why this place is so holy for Jews.

http://www.paulyonline.brill.nl/entries/encyc... ***

***Serah did indeed "span the generations" from biblical times until today. The ancient rabbis went so far as to boldly claim that Serah never died. She does indeed live on in the many legends that generations of Jews have told about her. The separate strands of tradition about this immortal lady of legend still beckon to be retold and reunited. This "wise woman," from among the first generations of our people, is again becoming a living presence among us as we recount her story in our day. For Jews of today, Serah bat Asher serves as a traditional model for our contemporary women leaders, imbued with worldly wisdom, Torah learning, and spiritual power.

http://huc.edu/faculty/faculty/pubs/pbregman.... ***

It is easy to understand why I lost Serah; being that she is Jewish, but I was very happy to make her acquaintance again and can understand why I was so very drawn to her.

Take that as you will; we each have challenges in life and I am very happy following my Spiritual pathway, it has led me to some amazing moments. I hope that you too, have some of those spine chilling, goose bump feelings that come just from being in the right spot at the right time.... deja vu if you will :)

#129697 Oct 14, 2012
Oh, I forgot to reply that Richard Hawking is an atheist.... of renowned fame.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#129698 Oct 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I tip my hat to you, my friend.
No need it's fun.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#129699 Oct 14, 2012
preterism wrote:
<quoted text> That makes no sense whhat you're rambling off. Houdini was a magician, not God. Can Houdini raise the dead, of couese not . So you see God is God and Houdini is simply a magician.

Nope... God is non existent and Houdini is a dead man.
You can quote me on that.

#129700 Oct 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how old the earth is based on all kinds of evidence.
Well, you've been declaring yourself for creationism and have been anti-science on here. That generally means a young earth creationist. The old earth creationists, especially the ones who accept science's very good estimation of the ages of the universe and earth, also accept evolution.
But you're welcome to tell me what you believe and you're invited to produce any kind of evidence for that belief.
I've been promoting Francis Collins for years...... most who believe in science and atheism being proven by science don't like Francis....

You wouldn't accept my proof as evidence so no point in putting it here, but if you do know me then you will know I have written about many experiences that I have had in my lifetime

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#129701 Oct 14, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
She's -- She'll.

She's great.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#129702 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>....
You wouldn't accept my proof ....
You have no proof.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#129703 Oct 14, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to the GOD of Abraham; HE that is I AM.
I have been researching GOD as long as I can remember, however, you may note that my avatar name is Serah? Serah is the daughter of Asher, 8th son of Jacob, and I was seeking her for many years and finally found her again (she is mentioned a few times in the Bible) in the Jewish Talmud.
Serah has strong belief in Prayer, and strong Faith in particular, and is still - here, as a copy and paste troll, I will do exactly that...
***Serah bat Asher was a granddaughter of the biblical patriarch Jacob (Genesis 46:17). A cave and synagogue connected with her in central Iran, 30 kilometers (18.5 miles) west of Isfahan, near a village called P&#299;r Bakr&#257;n in the area of Linj&#257;n, has become one of the holiest places of Iranian Jewry and an important pilgrimage destination.
Legend explains how Serah ended up so far from the land of her forefathers and why this place is so holy for Jews.
http://www.paulyonline.brill.nl/entries/encyc... ***
***Serah did indeed "span the generations" from biblical times until today. The ancient rabbis went so far as to boldly claim that Serah never died. She does indeed live on in the many legends that generations of Jews have told about her. The separate strands of tradition about this immortal lady of legend still beckon to be retold and reunited. This "wise woman," from among the first generations of our people, is again becoming a living presence among us as we recount her story in our day. For Jews of today, Serah bat Asher serves as a traditional model for our contemporary women leaders, imbued with worldly wisdom, Torah learning, and spiritual power.
http://huc.edu/faculty/faculty/pubs/pbregman.... ***
It is easy to understand why I lost Serah; being that she is Jewish, but I was very happy to make her acquaintance again and can understand why I was so very drawn to her.
Take that as you will; we each have challenges in life and I am very happy following my Spiritual pathway, it has led me to some amazing moments. I hope that you too, have some of those spine chilling, goose bump feelings that come just from being in the right spot at the right time.... deja vu if you will :)
What you are is a avid believer , unfortunately however a believer in a bigoted man made book of historical fiction . One that is filled with mythological and supernatural fairy-tales.
Designed to indoctrinate to subjugate put in in line and rule you. So much for your seeing the Ripley's believe it or not parts, you have not only taken the bait you swallowed the hook and are now helplessly a willing member of the bible enslaved my brain club.

There was a day when perhaps men needed this , but that time has passed. You should realize it for what it is , or there would be more talk of equality and more stories of Serah more stories of Mary. But they were women, and the rightful property of men.
Having no rights to share in power or history.

Besides a few of extraordinary circumstance and victim of it.
Look what religion is doing to the world, making us fight each other. It's time to put down your bible and run away from the churches and mosques and synagogs , they are the damnation and destruction of humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min sonicfilter 1,262,725
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,462
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr tom wingo 29,848
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web