Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255552 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thinking

Poole, UK

#236532 Sep 9, 2014
So you say science is beyond your god.

I knew that.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science comes from a Latin word “scientia,” which means knowledge.
Who’s knowledge may we ask?
And the answer is mankind’s knowledge.
Who generates this science?
A: Mankind generates science.
So who’s responsible when scientific achievements go awry?
A: Mankind
One of man’s greatest scientific achievements has been nuclear energy. And one of mans greatest scientific blunders was the Chernobyl accident in the Ukrainian in 1986. It’s damage is still being tabulated.
Why are we having this discussion?
Because Atheist have this romantic connection with Science. As if it has been a perfect and flawless adventure. True there’s been great gains made in the name of science. But it has come with great cost and this journey has not been without its missteps and accidents.
And we are still paying the price for scientific achievements with Global Warming and Ozone depletion. All this damage to the earth came about as a result of mans scientific achievements.The common denominator in this equation is mankind.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236533 Sep 9, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
KiMare wrote:
You asked the questions. I suggest you should continue to ask the questions the Bible doesn't answer.
Please take a little time reading - you are missing words or changing them up to read something different.
You are so dumbfounded, you are confusing yourself.

This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?

Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Here we have science confirming what the very first verse of the Bible states: There was a specific moment when the heavens and earth were created.

Interestingly, the article YOU referenced noted that there are likely additional universes in existence, something also predated by the Bible speaking of Heaven and Hell.

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

This verse notes that initially the earth was without form. Wow, NAILED that fact!

But get this! It notes two even more profound facts:

~The three most common elements are Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen. "The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."

~"Darkness was over the surface of the deep." The article notes that light was restrained for hundreds of thousands of years!

"For the first 380,000 years or so, the universe was essentially too hot for light to shine. The heat of creation smashed atoms together with enough force to break them up into a dense plasma, an opaque soup of protons, neutrons and electrons that scattered light like fog."

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

If you can't explain this, then simply say so, but I really expected a 'new age spiritual LEADER' to have a better grip on this...

Oh, something to think about down the road. The article notes the possibility that the universe could one day RETRACT! Something the Bible already noted...

Smile.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236535 Sep 9, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I knew that.
<quoted text>
No, I think that’s what you’re trying to say.

I see the UK uses nuclear energy to product one sixth of its power.

Looking back I think the entire world should have held off on using nuclear power until after computer science advanced. They’re more safer today than in the 70’s and 80’s because of advanced computer control systems.

But even then we see what recently happened at the Fukushima disaster in 2011. That nuclear plant was ill prepared for the earthquake and tsunami. And Japan is an earthquake prone region and always has been.

When these nuclear systems suffer accidents they really contaminate a large area for generations. But we know it’s all ok because you Atheist bare so much confidence in science.

It kind of turns my stomach to see all this praise and worship from Atheist about science. If you talk to any of the 300,000 people in Japan that had to be uprooted because of that nuclear mess. I’m sure they don’t view science achievements at the same prestigious way you Atheist do.

You fine folks in the UK will have a different opinion about science if you have one of these awful nuclear accidents. Which I certainly hope you don’t. But one of the enemies of these great scientific achievements is overconfidence. There’s plenty of that in the UK evidently.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236536 Sep 9, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I knew that.
<quoted text>
It's going to be beyond you if your country has one of those nuclear accidents. Then we will see if you UK Atheist will be so prone to worship science.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236537 Sep 9, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
a few posts down
<quoted text>
How's that imaginary crown fitting you today?
Since I have a real Dentist, I’ve had the experience of receiving real crowns.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236538 Sep 9, 2014
If you did some research you would see UK reactor cooling systems are tsunami proofed.
And we don't even get tsunamis.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think that’s what you’re trying to say.
I see the UK uses nuclear energy to product one sixth of its power.
Looking back I think the entire world should have held off on using nuclear power until after computer science advanced. They’re more safer today than in the 70’s and 80’s because of advanced computer control systems.
But even then we see what recently happened at the Fukushima disaster in 2011. That nuclear plant was ill prepared for the earthquake and tsunami. And Japan is an earthquake prone region and always has been.
When these nuclear systems suffer accidents they really contaminate a large area for generations. But we know it’s all ok because you Atheist bare so much confidence in science.
It kind of turns my stomach to see all this praise and worship from Atheist about science. If you talk to any of the 300,000 people in Japan that had to be uprooted because of that nuclear mess. I’m sure they don’t view science achievements at the same prestigious way you Atheist do.
You fine folks in the UK will have a different opinion about science if you have one of these awful nuclear accidents. Which I certainly hope you don’t. But one of the enemies of these great scientific achievements is overconfidence. There’s plenty of that in the UK evidently.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236539 Sep 9, 2014
L'esprit de l'escalier.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's going to be beyond you if your country has one of those nuclear accidents. Then we will see if you UK Atheist will be so prone to worship science.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#236540 Sep 9, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you did some research you would see UK reactor cooling systems are tsunami proofed.
<quoted text>
Are they Mohhamed proof?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236541 Sep 9, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to advanced technological processes and potentially dangerous systems. Overconfidence is an enemy.

Process systems have to be continually reviewed. We called that “HAZOP” in the chemical industry,(A hazard and operability study).

Then management has to be committed to implementing HAZOP recommendations each and every year. And that cost money and there lies the dilemma. Because management types get bonuses for coming under budget.

What can go wrong will go wrong and it’s all just a matter of when. I wish your country no ill will and hope you remain safe and sound.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236542 Sep 9, 2014
They're shaped like breasts so they think they're mosques.
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they Mohhamed proof?
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#236543 Sep 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFPML
Do you honestly think Duck12 would know how to do research?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236544 Sep 10, 2014
Fair comment. I wonder how many times he's Googled "horseshoe crab" today?
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFPML
Do you honestly think Duck12 would know how to do research?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#236545 Sep 10, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
It ends with the word for idiot, so I would presume its for you.
LOLOL! Indeed, Frau Sweets.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#236546 Sep 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm straight but not homophobic.
I'm also not a cheater.
So I wouldn't fit into your world.
<quoted text>
But I would give you full marks.

“True Blue”

Opal-Hearted Land

#236547 Sep 10, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible reveals how you sodomites think child or any type rape is a-ok as long as it feels good in your groins and this is why you sodomites don't like said Bible!;-)
Do you sodomise your victims as well? Figures.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236548 Sep 10, 2014
I just don't understand why homophobia is still so widespread. Older members of my family say they don't what the fuss is all about now, but most would have held homophobic views when they were my age.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
But I would give you full marks.
Roll Tide

Alabaster, AL

#236549 Sep 10, 2014
Thinking wrote:
If you have to change the posts of others -as you do - you remove all value from yourself.
<quoted text>
If you have to lie to others -as you do -you remove all value from yourself.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#236550 Sep 10, 2014
You're projecting again.

I'm not in the slightest bit homophobic but I'm straight. You're not my type.
Roll Tide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to lie to others -as you do -you remove all value from yourself.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#236552 Sep 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about the Bible asking questions?
Why are you trying to shift the issue?
Dumbfounded again?
The Bible isn't intended as a detailed dissertation on Creation. The fact that you agree it gives an impressive condensed description is a concession of its supernatural origin. Something you clearly have given up on explaining.
Smile.
Not dumbfounded, found dumb!:)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#236553 Sep 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dumbfounded, you are confusing yourself..
No - I'm quite grounded and understand the discussion very well.

Please stop projecting.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?
Like I said - illiterate guessing.

"Look at the sky above us Moses - how do you think it got there?"

Moses says, "I don't know, but let me write something up."

*sighs*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,396,473
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min cpeter1313 311,363
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr IB DaMann 9,888
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web