Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247844 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#236253 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix Atheist are not objective. And most canít handle a honest debate. Even with that consideration I enjoy engaging them.
Anytime you pit honesty against untruth the untruth goes awry every time. Theyíre predictable and often revert to personal insults. Because they know their position is false and is propped by deceit.
tru dat!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236254 Sep 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you do it, shirt raiser?
i refuse to engage in a negative conversation with you cuz i luv you!:-)
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236255 Sep 5, 2014
Interesting the slimer accepts there is a lot of bad stuff in the bible that churches should not promote.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... I hear that KiMare used the good old biblical technique of groping females to make his introductions, the very reason he is no longer a preacher.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236256 Sep 5, 2014
Your devil story is retarded.

If your god was all powerful it would have already defeated the devil in the past.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate a God who spared nothing, not even His only Son to redeem a corrupted race of people who were initially created in His image to be His own family.
YOU, sir, are choosing to side with His arch nemesis, taking a position of accusing Him of wrong-doing rather than delighting in His mercy and grace through Christ!
Did I spell everything good enough for you here?:-)
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236257 Sep 5, 2014
They should rename the bible "the raple".[sic]
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go mr not so clever preacher man
Numbers 31:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Deuteronomy 20:13-14King James Version (KJV)
13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Deuteronomy 21:10-13King James Version (KJV)
10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
Judges 21:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.
11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.
12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236258 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm... no... Evolution is a great leveller... and it is not evolution that supposes blacks are less evolved than whites, it is bigoted white godbots who make that supposition because they know no better and then include that idea in the creation ďscienceĒ sites to make it official for the hard of thinking godbot like you.
Evolution does however suppose that the Langkawi bent-toed gecko is more evolved than you because its evolution can be observed occurring now... As evolution also shows the hunble bacteria is more evolutionary advanced than you, it evolved resisance to antibiotics in juts a few years. Whereas your evolutionary clock stopped back in the bronze age when you claim your god drowned every living thing on this planet but close buddy and some of his oppos.
As to why I ďsubscribeĒ to evolution, well... because it is proven factual in several various ways, as opposed you your god dunitwiv magic guess that hasnít. Evolution is tested by several various and independent methods and shown to be 100% factual. Including of course the method that you agree is 100% accurate 100% of the time in all matters other than your faith in which case you claim it is 0% accurate 100% of the time... DNA... yet another lie for you god. Do you not realise that the very fact that you are forced to lie for you god discredits your faith?
And I see you continue the often failed godbot trait of lying name calling because you are just a loser and have nothing else to provide. Note for the poorly educated around here, I am not named Gertrude but feel free to lie and vomit hatred in the name of your god if it helps you get a stiffy.
LOL! oh of course your so-called 'scientists' have adjusted the the ludacris theory of evolution to fit social norms, but initially it came from darwins observation of the aborigine peoples whom he supposed were a link between humans and apes. later on when it became unacceptable to assert such things, they started using the term "missing link" and the search is still on! ;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236259 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think that because I do not like chauvinist morons and I have no tolerance for liars and deliberate ignorance and that because I donít want dick heads like you PMing me with the trivial prattle that seems to facilitate your masturbation that I am angry?
How strange and delusional you tiny self cantered world is.
lol!!! can anyone say "frigid"?!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236260 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
christianity has burned many witches, muslims behead those that disagree with them, but Evolutionary scientists just look at old simpletons like you and feel pity.
Horseshoe crabs may well look the same but I don't believe you can prove the horseshoe crab's DNA hasn't changed in 500 million years.
Come on, bring some peer reviewed evidence to the table.
<quoted text>
antichristians and jews have ALWAYS been killing en masse and are doing so right now as we speak!
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236261 Sep 5, 2014
You're lying.
Finches.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! oh of course your so-called 'scientists' have adjusted the the ludacris theory of evolution to fit social norms, but initially it came from darwins observation of the aborigine peoples whom he supposed were a link between humans and apes. later on when it became unacceptable to assert such things, they started using the term "missing link" and the search is still on! ;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#236262 Sep 5, 2014
meant to say and anti-semetics/jews, of course;-)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236263 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go mr not so clever preacher man
Numbers 31:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Deuteronomy 20:13-14King James Version (KJV)
13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
Deuteronomy 21:10-13King James Version (KJV)
10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
Judges 21:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.
11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.
12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.
Girls, girls, this confusion of yours is why Paul wrote women should be silent in the Church.

1. Once again, you ignore that Christians are not under the Law.

2. But more importantly, you are avoiding the issue that only Muslims are doing such things. That fact exposes only your bigotry.

Smile.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236264 Sep 5, 2014
churches are getting very silent over here. And empty. And becoming gastro pubs.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls, girls, this confusion of yours is why Paul wrote women should be silent in the Church.
1. Once again, you ignore that Christians are not under the Law.
2. But more importantly, you are avoiding the issue that only Muslims are doing such things. That fact exposes only your bigotry.
Smile.

Location hidden

#236265 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
churches are getting very silent over here. And empty. And becoming gastro pubs.
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the discussion?

Or is your respose another example of the irrational diversion that occurs when people abandon the Truth?

Smile.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236266 Sep 5, 2014
You used the word silent. So did I.

Religion is dying of old age over here.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#236267 Sep 5, 2014

Or is your respose another example of the irrational diversion that occurs when people abandon the Truth?

Smile.
Thinking wrote:
You used the word silent. So did I.
Religion is dying of old age over here.
<quoted text>
I'm sure that makes sense to a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

In other words you concede.

Smirk.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236268 Sep 5, 2014
I concede that religion is dying of old age over here.
KiMare wrote:
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm sure that makes sense to a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
In other words you concede.
Smirk.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236269 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
christianity has burned many witches, muslims behead those that disagree with them, but Evolutionary scientists just look at old simpletons like you and feel pity.
Horseshoe crabs may well look the same but I don't believe you can prove the horseshoe crab's DNA hasn't changed in 500 million years.
<quoted text>
Do you see any horseshoe crabs operating any fishing boats? Like one of them being the captain?

This animal hasnít changed in 500 million years. Donít get mad at me because they havenít changed according to the fossil records. Itís just the way it is.

Other animals have seen some moderate changes. So evolutionary wording can apply. Evolution has certainly been a part of knowledge and the language of mankind.

But personally I donít see any concrete evidence that says we evolved from primates. Iím just not buying everything evolutionist are putting out there. Like I said itís pure fantasy to believe whales evolved from hoofed land animals. Itís a Walt Disney type tale that applies to the tail.

I believe mankind was created purposely by a designer. I also believe many of the animals today were purposely created like for example the humming bird. Others evolved over time. I think itís entirely possible there were prototypes of mankind as God tinkered in his garage sort of speak. But in the end God created and the first example of CPR was applied to Adam to start his pulmonary system.

50 years ago Atheist thought it was a joke when they read where God removed a rib from Adam to create Eve. Today we know the rib bone has stem cells. And we understand the possibilities of what can be done with stem cells.

Location hidden

#236270 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I concede that religion is dying of old age over here.
<quoted text>
Hardly, you are exchanging Christianity for Islam.

Smart!

LOL
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236271 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Thereís been a innumerable number of atrocities over the centuries to many people because of intolerant bigots. Some are occurring right now not that far from where you live. And in history many of those atrocities were done to Jews and Christians in Europe.

In 2 hours via jet aircraft you could be right smack in the middle of a war zone where atrocities are occurring right this very minute to Christians, Jews, and Muslims.

I didnít have anything to do with burning of witches. Iím a former fire fighter and I have been burned in an aviation fire. I wouldnít want to see anyone get burned alive including witches. Iím not denying atrocities occurred throughout history. But itís asinine to think it hasnít happened to Christians and Jews because it has happened in far greater numbers.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236272 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
More creationist sloping shoulders... Macro evolution is simply lots of micro evolution, proven fact. Get over it and educate yourself.
Why should horseshoe crabs be anything more than they have adapted to be? Iíll tell you why, because such specious arguments are all creatards have.
And science is studying the evolution of individual species to remedy that lack of understanding. However on the general level evolution is a proven fact and what you Ďfor one believe or notí is of no consequence.
I too have seen a lot of art, artefacts, fossils etc that are real... it is my hobby, hence my avatar which you essentially have just said does not exist (I assure you it does, I was on the team who discovered it) but I suppose such factual evidence would be beyond you Ė for one.
Wales... why is it a joke, you think itís funny,. You should try looking at the babble and god doing it with magic from nothing Ė yes, read and more to the point...understand the babble for a real good laugh. Back to DNA... Hippos (4 legged animals) are the closest animal genetically to whales. There is fossil evidence also helps justify it. However what you have is faith that it is not so, no evidence is going to convince you because of personal belief and incredulity.
Only science, how about cosmology? How about history? How about anthropology? How about...
Honey, anything (science or otherwise) that you are unwilling to understand that proves you godbook to be at the least, specious you reject out of hand and bash you head against a wall.
Nothing in our Bible comes as close as ridiculous tale as a four legged hoofed animals turning into a whale outfitted with a sophisticated sonar system.

I mean even the Cinderella Story is more believable.

But you freaking Atheist will believe just about any pseudo tale from science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min CIGARFACETAMPA 1,278,996
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr P_Smith 6,978
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr cpeter1313 310,236
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr tom wingo 29,964
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web