Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244784 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#236161 Sep 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.....he changed his name. Why? I don't know -you'll have to ask him.
Ha, good to know.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#236162 Sep 3, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do have children's hospitals, but unfortunately they murder the patients because the patients are an inconvenience to the atheist parents. Just google abortion 'clinics' for your local slaughter house.
Abortion? You're an argument in favour of pro-choice.

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#236163 Sep 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool.
You slanderous and ignorant fool
What will it say in yours? He was a good godbot who lived all his live in slandering those he did not wish to understand because his ingrained hatred was indoctrinated into his ignorant brain while he was too young and impressionable to think for himself and up until the day he passed away he remained unable to think for himself.
Good one. LOL

“It's time. . .”

Terra Australis

#236164 Sep 3, 2014
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha, clearly.
:-)

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#236165 Sep 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion? You're an argument in favour of pro-choice.

Yeah, he may need a retroactive abortion ;) lol
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236166 Sep 4, 2014
You think I disrespected retarded people because I equated them to you? OK.
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't think people see your diversion from being busted?
And you try to cover it by disrespecting handicapped people?
The sad reality of 'rational atheist' oxymorons.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Now you use dishonesty to try to get out of it?
You didn't equate them to me, you equated me to 'retards'.
You are digging deep into disgusting...
Don't do it again.
Smile.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#236167 Sep 4, 2014
School Lad wrote:
<quoted text>
How did life and planets start??
Are you really this dumb or is it just an act for topix so you can try (and fail abysmally) winding people up?

I have already told you that life probably started with biogenesis but is really an unknown, I am comfortable with that fact and I am content that science is exploring that unknown. It seems you are not so settle for a guess based on bronze age Jew magic.

As for the planets, thatís far easier and is known. I assume that they donít teach of gravity and accretion in your home school so you can always google ďhow did the planets formĒ and try educating yourself. As you said previously, you ask questions because you claim you want to learn... so learn

#236168 Sep 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First you take credit for something you plagiarized and then you want to ignore abuse?
What are you thinking?
Smirk.
??? plagiarised what?

Come on clever (LOL) boy (LOL) out with it, tell the truth for a change. What?

And then after you have opened you heart to the truth then perhaps we can talk about the abuse and lies and degradation you vomit in the name of you god that I do considerably more than ignore, I highlight that you are an abusive moron

#236169 Sep 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First you take credit for something you plagiarized and then you want to ignore abuse?
What are you thinking?
Smirk.
You plagiarising yourself or was it just a slip of the memory? I am told this sort of thing happens when you reach a certain age and you have not long left in this world.

Keep on smirking

#236170 Sep 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi! why are you so angry?:-(
What gives you the impression I am angry? Do people who provide fact add truth always confuse you so?

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236171 Sep 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Belligerency didnít just show up at your door. It was carved into you during your upbringing. Iím not saying you are a bad person but probably you have spent a night or two in jail in your lifetime. I donít think itís something you can help. The examples set before you were probably not that good when you were growing up.
We all come from different backgrounds and family experiences. You are probably from a broken home environment. Alcoholism manifested itself in your immediate family and you yourself may have battled the demons. You may not intend to come across so abrasive but it just kind of comes out that way.
If I could surmise further. You didnít finish High School. I would bet you worked pretty hard in your life to gather what few acorns you have. You have a very small number of friends because most donít understand your callousness.
Your offense has caused me to ask what kind of person would be so uncouth? And it gave me a chance to see you in a different light. I think if you had been in a different environment growing up the outcome would be much different. May you find some peace and resolution in your life before it expires.[tipping hat]
All of this weak psychanalyzing performed to avoid the question of how many "gods" you believe exist?

Care to try again?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#236172 Sep 4, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you admit the bible isn't accurate.
I already knew that.
<quoted text>
huh? i'm admitting that the Bible is living in me and I in It - that's what i'm admitting. "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us... "

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#236173 Sep 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives you the impression I am angry? Do people who provide fact add truth always confuse you so?
i ask you about yourself but you never provide any facts and have blocked me from PM:-(
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236174 Sep 4, 2014
So that's why you're mental. Example:

Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? i'm admitting that the Bible is living in me and I in It - that's what i'm admitting. "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us... "
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236175 Sep 4, 2014
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this weak psychanalyzing performed to avoid the question of how many "gods" you believe exist?
Care to try again?
I have been here for over two years. Iíve made it pretty clear how many Gods I believe in. I wonít bow down to your pungency type questioning. Your school yard bully tactics wonít work so try a different approach if you want to know.I can engage in a civil conversation but donít try to bully me cause it wonít get you anywhere.
Eagle 12

Troy, IL

#236176 Sep 4, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So that's why you're mental. Example:
Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
<quoted text>
This is the first time Iíve seen this passage. And I want to thank you for bringing it up.

In todayís light when two men are engaged in a physical conflict itís certainly not unheard of for a women to jump into the melee.

This type of action as referenced, squeezing the secret part of a man by a woman is extreme. And presents a unfair advantage. From the male perspective thereís no pain equivalent and itís a game ender to say the least.

Thereís some things in life you donít do and one of those is for a women to come into a male combatant environment and tip the scales. There are other options at her disposal besides using the nuclear option.

And no man ever wants the nuclear option used on them.. If I had been the woman it would be time to send in the dog to level the playing field.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#236177 Sep 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Is this like saying - "I believe Jesus" - but out of the same mouth - reject many of his teachings, just because they are not in the Bible?
Don't be a hypocrite.

I can see you didn't even respond to what the posts states, and had to go on your own and just post something.
Are you afraid to answer the question? Here it is again, just in case you aren't....
"Is this like saying - "I believe Jesus" - but out of the same mouth - reject many of his teachings, just because they are not in the Bible?"
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was clumsily & ineptly asked. Iím not sure you have the aptitude to understand. If you did have the faculties to comprehend you wouldnít be asking again. You might want to get someone to help you. Its ok you donít have to get all embarrassed because you donít know how to ask a question. Just try to get some help with it.
Diversion and projection.

I think you just choose not to answer because it goes against your current belief.

Don't put it back on me - for your inaccuracy and choice in being dishonest.

Reality, USA

#236178 Sep 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been here for over two years. Iíve made it pretty clear how many Gods I believe in. I wonít bow down to your pungency type questioning. Your school yard bully tactics wonít work so try a different approach if you want to know.I can engage in a civil conversation but donít try to bully me cause it wonít get you anywhere.
I've seen how you write...who's the bully?

Reality, USA

#236179 Sep 4, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really makes no difference to me as to how many "gods" you believe exist. We both know that thousands have come and gone since man had a desire to explain his existence with what little level of reasoning he had at the time. It is amazing that here in the 21st century, a "god" ("gods") is still relyed upon to explain that existence. SMH
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#236180 Sep 4, 2014
If I was attacked, my wife would always back me up. Screw your backward views.

Of course in America you'd more likely shoot someone dead!
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the first time Iíve seen this passage. And I want to thank you for bringing it up.
In todayís light when two men are engaged in a physical conflict itís certainly not unheard of for a women to jump into the melee.
This type of action as referenced, squeezing the secret part of a man by a woman is extreme. And presents a unfair advantage. From the male perspective thereís no pain equivalent and itís a game ender to say the least.
Thereís some things in life you donít do and one of those is for a women to come into a male combatant environment and tip the scales. There are other options at her disposal besides using the nuclear option.
And no man ever wants the nuclear option used on them.. If I had been the woman it would be time to send in the dog to level the playing field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 27 min Earthling-1 6,464
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 1,262,833
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr tom wingo 29,850
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web