Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#236233 Sep 5, 2014
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that everyone would give to the save the children fund!
:-)

#236234 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i ask you about yourself but you never provide any facts and have blocked me from PM:-(
And you think that because I do not like chauvinist morons and I have no tolerance for liars and deliberate ignorance and that because I donít want dick heads like you PMing me with the trivial prattle that seems to facilitate your masturbation that I am angry?

How strange and delusional you tiny self cantered world is.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236235 Sep 5, 2014
If you are up on the news you know that Atheist Guru Richard Dawkins made a controversial statement recently.

Last week, the biologist Richard Dawkins sparked controversy when, in response to a womanís hypothetical question about whether to carry to term a child with Down syndrome, he wrote on Twitter:ďAbort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world if you have the choice.Ē

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com

What an outstanding guy this Mr. Dawkins is. His recommendation of terminating a life in the womb because of Downs Syndrome is like something straight out of NAZI Germany operation book. Oh he made some points for Atheism and just how cold, indifferent, and insensitive he is.

I can tell you this his personal stock dropped a good bit with a lot of people because of that rude and crude recommendation. That uncouth statement didnít sit well with a lot of people. What a jerk and you Atheist look up to this guy?

The President of Oxford should have sent him packing. I would have thrown his desk and all his belongs out into the street and then had a bonfire with it. I mean thereís just some things you donít say if your in the public eye. I just wonder what kind of value does he put on human life?
Does he believe in terminating a life because a unborn baby has any kind of perceived defect? Or terminate a life because the baby is mixed race? I just wonder what are his requirements for his ďSuper Race?Ē

I wonder how he feels about the elderly? If they start moving too slow do you just terminate them in the gas chamber?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236236 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm... no... Evolution is a great leveller... and it is not evolution that supposes blacks are less evolved than whites, it is bigoted white godbots who make that supposition because they know no better and then include that idea in the creation ďscienceĒ sites to make it official for the hard of thinking godbot like you.
Evolution does however suppose that the Langkawi bent-toed gecko is more evolved than you because its evolution can be observed occurring now... As evolution also shows the hunble bacteria is more evolutionary advanced than you, it evolved resisance to antibiotics in juts a few years. Whereas your evolutionary clock stopped back in the bronze age when you claim your god drowned every living thing on this planet but close buddy and some of his oppos.
As to why I ďsubscribeĒ to evolution, well... because it is proven factual in several various ways, as opposed you your god dunitwiv magic guess that hasnít. Evolution is tested by several various and independent methods and shown to be 100% factual. Including of course the method that you agree is 100% accurate 100% of the time in all matters other than your faith in which case you claim it is 0% accurate 100% of the time... DNA... yet another lie for you god. Do you not realise that the very fact that you are forced to lie for you god discredits your faith?
And I see you continue the often failed godbot trait of lying name calling because you are just a loser and have nothing else to provide. Note for the poorly educated around here, I am not named Gertrude but feel free to lie and vomit hatred in the name of your god if it helps you get a stiffy.
Evolution has a very broad meaning and itís certainly applicable in micro biology.

And even in advanced species we know that evolution has been a factor like for example in the varying K-9 breeds in the last 200 years.

But some species have not changed such as the horseshoe crab in 500 million years. In that kind of time frame horseshoe crabs should be driving jet skis by now.

Thereís a lot of speculation on many individual species by evolutionist because thereís not sufficient evidence outside of speculation.

I for one donít believe mankind evolved from primates. Now Iíve seen a hell of a lot of artist conceptions but nothing in real tangible solid evidence. I just donít see it at all.

Nor do I believe whales evolved from four legged hoofed animals. It's a freaking joke.

You will notice that evolutionary science is the only science that if you donít believe it whole heartedly by swallowing hook, line and sinker. They want to bash your head into the wall. That kind of reaction in itself makes me suspicious.

So in conclusion some evolution is a fact and some evolution is just speculation.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236237 Sep 5, 2014
christianity has burned many witches, muslims behead those that disagree with them, but Evolutionary scientists just look at old simpletons like you and feel pity.

Horseshoe crabs may well look the same but I don't believe you can prove the horseshoe crab's DNA hasn't changed in 500 million years.

Come on, bring some peer reviewed evidence to the table.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has a very broad meaning and itís certainly applicable in micro biology.
And even in advanced species we know that evolution has been a factor like for example in the varying K-9 breeds in the last 200 years.
But some species have not changed such as the horseshoe crab in 500 million years. In that kind of time frame horseshoe crabs should be driving jet skis by now.
Thereís a lot of speculation on many individual species by evolutionist because thereís not sufficient evidence outside of speculation.
I for one donít believe mankind evolved from primates. Now Iíve seen a hell of a lot of artist conceptions but nothing in real tangible solid evidence. I just donít see it at all.
Nor do I believe whales evolved from four legged hoofed animals. It's a freaking joke.
You will notice that evolutionary science is the only science that if you donít believe it whole heartedly by swallowing hook, line and sinker. They want to bash your head into the wall. That kind of reaction in itself makes me suspicious.
So in conclusion some evolution is a fact and some evolution is just speculation.

#236238 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More creationist sloping shoulders... Macro evolution is simply lots of micro evolution, proven fact. Get over it and educate yourself.

Why should horseshoe crabs be anything more than they have adapted to be? Iíll tell you why, because such specious arguments are all creatards have.

And science is studying the evolution of individual species to remedy that lack of understanding. However on the general level evolution is a proven fact and what you Ďfor one believe or notí is of no consequence.

I too have seen a lot of art, artefacts, fossils etc that are real... it is my hobby, hence my avatar which you essentially have just said does not exist (I assure you it does, I was on the team who discovered it) but I suppose such factual evidence would be beyond you Ė for one.

Wales... why is it a joke, you think itís funny,. You should try looking at the babble and god doing it with magic from nothing Ė yes, read and more to the point...understand the babble for a real good laugh. Back to DNA... Hippos (4 legged animals) are the closest animal genetically to whales. There is fossil evidence also helps justify it. However what you have is faith that it is not so, no evidence is going to convince you because of personal belief and incredulity.

Only science, how about cosmology? How about history? How about anthropology? How about...

Honey, anything (science or otherwise) that you are unwilling to understand that proves you godbook to be at the least, specious you reject out of hand and bash you head against a wall.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#236239 Sep 5, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít believe Bill and Melinda Gates created a consortium to represent every Atheist and Agnostic in the world. These are just two individuals that were not elected to represent unbelievers in the Charitable Contributions of the World Wide Atheist/Agnostics Federation.
But every Atheist/Agnostic tag along and claim Bill and Melindaís charitable contributions as their own. What a freaking joke. He and Melinda gave representing the ďGates,Ē family as individuals and no one else.
Just off the top of my head, the American Red Cross is not a religious charity nor is Doctors without Borders, and most of your food banks are not considered a religious charity.
I give to the food bank all the time, and other I know also donate.

Just because your trailer has screens on the windows don't mean you are better than most of these Christians here.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236240 Sep 5, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
NEVER does the Bible condone rape in any way, shape or form!
why do antichristians always mistake the documented accounts of mankinds failures as God condoning them?! you do so only to your own demise:-)
Try reading Numbers Ch 31 Verse 17-18.

Have a great day!
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236241 Sep 5, 2014
I actually saw a bible basher say that stealing women is not actually rape!
They act like legal loop hole lawyers for all the evil in the bible.
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading Numbers Ch 31 Verse 17-18.
Have a great day!

#236242 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I actually saw a bible basher say that stealing women is not actually rape!
They act like legal loop hole lawyers for all the evil in the bible.
<quoted text>
So what do these good biblical folks do with all the virgins they steal? And I would like to know how they know they were virgins.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#236243 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do these good biblical folks do with all the virgins they steal? And I would like to know how they know they were virgins.
Lol, what Church is this being taught in?

What idiotic bigotry from 'rational atheist' oxymorons!

Smirk.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236244 Sep 5, 2014
churches with bibles.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236245 Sep 5, 2014
I know religitards find it difficult to meet women... but this is ridiculous.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236246 Sep 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Whichever church utilizes the "holy bible" as it's reference for their religion. Would that happen to be yours?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#236247 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
churches with bibles.
<quoted text>
We see that happening in numerous Islamic areas, but I know of no Jewish or Christian denominations that even excuse that.

I think Queen Blondie and you are confused again.

Smirk.

#236248 Sep 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Every church that uses the babble. Your ignorance us astounding... tell me, did you not bother with the babble while you were groping you parishioners?

#236249 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I know religitards find it difficult to meet women... but this is ridiculous.
<quoted text>
Ahh... I hear that KiMare used the good old biblical technique of groping females to make his introductions, the very reason he is no longer a preacher.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236250 Sep 5, 2014
So you agree there's a lot of evil sh!t in your bible that simply shouldn't be there. You say churches ignore that evil sh!t.

But other christian posters tell me the bible is perfect. Are you wrong or are they?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We see that happening in numerous Islamic areas, but I know of no Jewish or Christian denominations that even excuse that.
Smirk.

#236251 Sep 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Here ya go mr not so clever preacher man

Numbers 31:17-18King James Version (KJV)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Deuteronomy 20:13-14King James Version (KJV)
13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Deuteronomy 21:10-13King James Version (KJV)
10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

Judges 21:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.
11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.
12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#236252 Sep 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You appreciate a belief in everlasting torment and poor spelling skills.
I do not.
<quoted text>
I appreciate a God who spared nothing, not even His only Son to redeem a corrupted race of people who were initially created in His image to be His own family.

YOU, sir, are choosing to side with His arch nemesis, taking a position of accusing Him of wrong-doing rather than delighting in His mercy and grace through Christ!

Did I spell everything good enough for you here?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min VetnorsGate 1,600,076
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 25 min Facts or fiction 11,549
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 34 min Trojan 34,172
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 317,440
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web