Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236092 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
eagle 12 is so vain he thinks an all powerful god is responding to his prayers.
<quoted text>
I shall forgive you my sweet Atheist friend. For you are one of my favorites. Itís always a pleasure.[tipping hat]

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236093 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have to ask them why, I have no idea why and can only guess.
I do know Eddy Murphy is successful at making a mockery of the gay lisp
becoming pretty funny in doing so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lgX9_NxlzTEXX
Lol.

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#236094 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
We look out for them - one of the many charitable works I am involved in is tolerating thick people like eagle 12.
<quoted text>
You have such a generous heart, do they really deserve it?
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236095 Sep 3, 2014
Thanks for clarifying. Maybe they were having a lisp-off when the police interrupted?
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That clip is from raw , he was doing in the late 80s. 87- 90.
I didn't know about that, but I see it was in 97 probably about 10 years later.
But I still think the gay lisp is kinda funny, it's like a poe thing.
Even more so with him picking up a trans hooker...lol
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236096 Sep 3, 2014
I can't help it if Evolution made me generous.

:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have such a generous heart, do they really deserve it?
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236097 Sep 3, 2014
I've never indulged in anal abuse. My advice is that if you don't like it, stop doing it.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Defending anal abuse with a ass insult?
Smirk.

Location hidden

#236098 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I've never indulged in anal abuse. My advice is that if you don't like it, stop doing it.
<quoted text>
Oh how clever, did you think of that all by yourself?

Since you agree, join the move to make sodomy illegal again.

Smirk.

#236099 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím sure ďSave the Children Fund,Ē appreciates your $10 a year donation. That must be an awful sacrifice for you. I want to also thank you.[tipping hat]
Ignorant and lying moron Ė you must be a true godbot to be such a liar and not to feel embarrassed and guilty about it

#236100 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your very kind and considerate words. You are an angel.[tipping hat]
You sanctimonious and hateful moron, you lie because you know no better and then you lie and try belittling me because I attempt to educate you. Those words are well earned, you should wear them with the prude of a lying godbot if little intelligence

Tell me what was your (taxable) charitable donation last year...

#236101 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I can't help it if Evolution made me generous.
:)
<quoted text>
Why does evolution never have the same effect on godbots?
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236102 Sep 3, 2014
Thank you.

But why would I want to make consenting sodomy illegal?
I don't own a motorbike but I don't want to make motorcycling illegal.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how clever, did you think of that all by yourself?
Since you agree, join the move to make sodomy illegal again.
Smirk.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236103 Sep 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sanctimonious and hateful moron, you lie because you know no better and then you lie and try belittling me because I attempt to educate you. Those words are well earned, you should wear them with the prude of a lying godbot if little intelligence
Tell me what was your (taxable) charitable donation last year...
You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236104 Sep 3, 2014
A lot has been said about scientist & atheism. There are many Christian Scientist that have outstanding careers. Take Robert Bakker for example.

Robert Thomas Bakker (born March 24, 1945) is an American paleontologist who helped reshape modern theories about dinosaurs, particularly by adding support to the theory that some dinosaurs were endothermic (warm-blooded).[1] Along with his mentor John Ostrom, Bakker was responsible for initiating the ongoing "dinosaur renaissance" in paleontological studies, beginning with Bakker's article "Dinosaur Renaissance". Scientific American. April 1975. His special field is the ecological context and behavior of dinosaurs.

Bakker has been a major proponent of the theory that dinosaurs were "warm-blooded," smart, fast and adaptable. He published his first paper on dinosaur endothermy in 1968. His seminal work, The Dinosaur Heresies, was published in 1986. He revealed the first evidence of parental care at nesting sites for Allosaurus. Bakker was among the advisors for the film Jurassic Park and for the 1992 PBS series, The Dinosaurs. He also observed evidence in support of Eldredge's and Gould's theory of punctuated equilibrium in dinosaur populations. Bakker currently serves as the Curator of Paleontology for the Houston Museum of Natural Science.

An Ecumenical Christian minister, Bakker has said there is no real conflict between religion and science. He has advised non-believers and creationists to read the views put forward by Saint Augustine, who argued against a literal understanding of the Book of Genesis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_T._Bakker

#236105 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
Correct, you have not spoken a truthful word to date, what break the habit of a lifetime

#236106 Sep 3, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
A lot has been said about scientist & atheism. There are many Christian Scientist that have outstanding careers. Take Robert Bakker for example.
Robert Thomas Bakker (born March 24, 1945) is an American paleontologist who helped reshape modern theories about dinosaurs, particularly by adding support to the theory that some dinosaurs were endothermic (warm-blooded).[1] Along with his mentor John Ostrom, Bakker was responsible for initiating the ongoing "dinosaur renaissance" in paleontological studies, beginning with Bakker's article "Dinosaur Renaissance". Scientific American. April 1975. His special field is the ecological context and behavior of dinosaurs.
Bakker has been a major proponent of the theory that dinosaurs were "warm-blooded," smart, fast and adaptable. He published his first paper on dinosaur endothermy in 1968. His seminal work, The Dinosaur Heresies, was published in 1986. He revealed the first evidence of parental care at nesting sites for Allosaurus. Bakker was among the advisors for the film Jurassic Park and for the 1992 PBS series, The Dinosaurs. He also observed evidence in support of Eldredge's and Gould's theory of punctuated equilibrium in dinosaur populations. Bakker currently serves as the Curator of Paleontology for the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
An Ecumenical Christian minister, Bakker has said there is no real conflict between religion and science. He has advised non-believers and creationists to read the views put forward by Saint Augustine, who argued against a literal understanding of the Book of Genesis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_T._Bakker
And still 93% of members of the NAS have no personal belief in god

Same sort of figure applies for members of the Royal Academy
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236107 Sep 3, 2014
I also agree religion should yield to science.
Eagle 12 wrote:
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236108 Sep 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I also agree religion should yield to science.
<quoted text>
Most people of faith embrace real science. It is not something we are afraid of.

Now we differ on speculative pseudo science. Science that is unproven and is imaginary.
School Lad

United States

#236109 Sep 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably by your reckoning but really I am through atheist and out the other side, itís not that I believe there is no deity, I know it.
Prove it. The christian abuse of the word love is a very poignant topic on this thread at the moment.
Probably biogenesis but really unknown and I am really comfortable in myself with not saying ďdoh... donít know so I guess it must have been my god ____ wotdunitwiv magicĒ. And there you have a choice of over 2400 creator gods you can use to fill in the blank.
Yes several times, 3 times cover to cover and too many individual chapters/pages/verse to count. Have you?
No, it will teach lies and hatred and genocide and violence and rape and slavery and theft and subjugation... you want verse numbers?
Petty much like most other places but more crowded and with more rain than many
Yes, and Burger King and KFC so donít worry, your obsession with obesity inducing food can continue if you cross the pond.
Depends which country I am in.
I think I understand what you mean and the answer is yes. Note here is a much needed geography lesson, the UK is in Europe
I donít
Blessed by what, a bronze age myth or a terrorist who was crucified for his crimes or juts your personal wish?
If you still follow the babble then I really doubt your last statement but there is hope.
How did life and planets start??

Location hidden

#236110 Sep 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does evolution never have the same effect on godbots?
First you take credit for something you plagiarized and then you want to ignore abuse?

What are you thinking?

Smirk.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236111 Sep 3, 2014
That's a shame. I'd prefer it if you also dismissed pseudo sciences such intelligent design and homeopathy.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people of faith embrace real science. It is not something we are afraid of.
Now we differ on speculative pseudo science. Science that is unproven and is imaginary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr VetnorsGate 1,581,412
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr I phartsx 33,674
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr cpeter1313 316,342
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web