Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Patrick

United States

#236031 Sep 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and... KJV published in 1611
Sorry buddy but the English language in all its variants goes back much further than that. Other languages, including Sumerian and Latin (the bases for the word love) go back far further than the NT what was compiled in the 300AD and the Tanakh from which you OT is selectively copied.
Do not try making specious claims to big up you self esteem and god book because most human beings are not as stupid as you and can see through your deceit the moment you open your mouth and words come out.
"Sorry buddy but the English language in all its variants goes back much further than that. Other languages......"
"are not as stupid as you..... "
"Do not try making specious claims to big up you self esteem and god book ..."

She does get a bit defensive when losing an argument ...? Among friends differing ideas can be discussed with humor and intelligence over a good cup of java.

Hot COFFEE HOUSE

H- hide behind, Hot Coffee
O- offer one and sit down
T- talk, with delight found

C- coffee cup from which I sip
O- overture of digestion, very quick
F- feeling better and here I sit
F- forensic negative in a pith
E- easy place for a donuts to dip
E- ergonomic well grained hit

H- here your worries drown
O- only one, now sit down
U- understatement of the year
S- steadily sipping with-in your peers
E- everyone enjoys hot coffee at the COFFEE HOUSE

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#236032 Sep 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How specifically is that an issue with the passages I used?
SMile.
<quoted text>
You are the one who raised the issue.
Put up or shut up.
Smile.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post in the original languages, so we can observe your expertise !
If you can not post in the original language or have knowledge of the limits of translation into modern English will understand.:-)
You need not be defensive .
Again, you questioned the passage, state your case or admit you are full of sh/t.

Are you convicted that an ancient text, the Bible no less, nails modern perverted behavior?

Smile.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236033 Sep 2, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Leviticus - which you defend - also says to burn a bird as a sacrifice to your god every period. Are Tampax doing that? Are fertile women heretics?
<quoted text>
Can you support this exaggerated claim with a reference?

We know itís beneath you to back up your exaggerated claim with a specific reference.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#236034 Sep 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sorry buddy but the English language in all its variants goes back much further than that. Other languages......"
She does get a bit defensive when losing an argument ...? Among friends differing ideas can be discussed with humor and intelligence over a good cup of java.
Hot COFFEE HOUSE
You may think this is clever. You would be wrong. Stop.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236035 Sep 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot if you think that. Humans are humans all humans are both highly sovial and highly emotional beings. Belief in god has nothing to do with the reality of human emotion.
This is something inescapable and part of our very being. So you look pretty silly saying atheist's don't love. All humans love ,hate and experience the emotions. Or do uou think atheists are some other species? Because the homo sapiens are all the same, whether you like it or not.
Love is a biblical term. Atheist donít believe in the bible so they donít believe in love.

Itís natural selection, environmental pressures, survival of the fittest for you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236036 Sep 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the guy is a total idiot; a dolt; a jackass; a buffoon.
That's why I white-sheeted him early on.
You are probably too young to remember playing marbles. But when two kids are playing and one keeps getting beat. The losing kid takes his marbles and leaves the game. This childish white-sheeting as you call it means you have taken your marbles and left the game.

Anytime a non-lawyer like myself can humiliate a top gun like yourself. Well, I take that as a compliment. Your white-sheeting has had no effect. Itís ineffective just as you are. Always a pleasure my good man. You have given me the highest compliment by accepting defeat.

[tipping hat].

“Be strong ...”

...I whispered to my coffee

#236037 Sep 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot COFFEE HOUSE
Losing an argument? I really do not give a toss how high you coffee makes you, you asked a question, I answered your question, you repeated your question. Your idiocy is not my problem so get over yourself.

“Be strong ...”

...I whispered to my coffee

#236038 Sep 2, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think this is clever. You would be wrong. Stop.
He seems to be not much more than a child so such inanity would of course appeal to his intelligence
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236039 Sep 2, 2014
Who, in this context, is "we"? The voices in your head?

15:28 But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.
15:29 And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
15:30 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

You simply don't know your animal sacrificing bible.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you support this exaggerated claim with a reference?
We know itís beneath you to back up your exaggerated claim with a specific reference.
Patrick

United States

#236040 Sep 2, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Who, in this context, is "we"?

The voices in your head?
15:28 But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.
15:29 And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
15:30 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
You simply don't know your animal sacrificing bible.
<quoted text>
Most likely a tape worm ?
Patrick

United States

#236041 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
More plagiarized material from Atheist web sites. You can't think on your own?
seems both amusing and defensive. LOL

We mortals await your daily posts with anticipation?

Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
Steven Wright
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236042 Sep 2, 2014
The winner (Catcher1) is more likely take their marbles home.
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably too young to remember playing marbles. But when two kids are playing and one keeps getting beat. The losing kid takes his marbles and leaves the game. This childish white-sheeting as you call it means you have taken your marbles and left the game.
Anytime a non-lawyer like myself can humiliate a top gun like yourself. Well, I take that as a compliment. Your white-sheeting has had no effect. Itís ineffective just as you are. Always a pleasure my good man. You have given me the highest compliment by accepting defeat.
[tipping hat].
Rellowes

Tampa, FL

#236043 Sep 2, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Another empty threat from another empty religitard.
Your religion would die without censorship.
<quoted text>
Still scared you're wrong, huh?
Rellowes

Tampa, FL

#236044 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is a biblical term. Atheist donít believe in the bible so they donít believe in love.
Itís natural selection, environmental pressures, survival of the fittest for you.
Well said.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236045 Sep 2, 2014
Sanskrit contains many words that mean "love".
Since Sanskrit predates the OT by 1000 years and the KJV by 3000 years, no. You are wrong.
eagle 12's post was piss poor.
Rellowes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Thinking

Glasgow, UK

#236046 Sep 2, 2014
No. Why?
Rellowes wrote:
<quoted text>
Still scared you're wrong, huh?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#236047 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are an idiot.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#236048 Sep 2, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...the ignorance is strong in this one.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236049 Sep 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are an idiot.
Thank you.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#236050 Sep 2, 2014
Scientists tell us that there are many properties our universe displays such that if they were even slightly different from what they are in fact, life, or at least our kind of life, would not be possible.

The universe seems to be fine-tuned for life. For example, if the force of the Big Bang had been different by one part in 10 to the 60th, life of our sort would not have been possible. The same goes for the ratio of the gravitational force to the force driving the expansion of the universe:

If it had been even slightly different, our kind of life would not have been possible. In fact the universe seems to be fine-tuned, not just for life, but for intelligent life. This fine-tuning is vastly more likely given theism than given atheism.

ó Alvin Plantinga, emeritus professor of philosophy at the University of Notre Dame, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Trevet 1,684,330
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min June VanDerMark 326,595
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 12,058
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Like your package 35,359
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
More from around the web