Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235859 Aug 31, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not just admit that you have no evidence of god and are talking lies?
First, God wasn't the issue.

Second, if evidence is really your standard, why didn't you answer my challenge for the issue?

The only thing you 'admit' is that you are a ignorant, bigoted,'rational atheist' oxymoron punk getting his ass kicked by a near senile old jackass.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235860 Aug 31, 2014
The bottom line?

The complexity of diverse gender unions, the complimentary nature of diverse gender sex and the birth of the combined DNA of that union are vastly distinct from a ss couple.

Ss marriage is an epic oxymoron and there is not one damn thing you can do about it.

I'm looking all around Dusty, even at your marrage, and all I see are inferior mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender halves of marriage. Clearly not equal!

The only thing I see is that God damned ss marrage.

Smile.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#235861 Aug 31, 2014
Meanwhile, back on topic...

Has anyone ever explained this alleged 'faith' that atheists are supposed to have?

Anyone?

No?

Carry on...

Since: Sep 08

United States

#235862 Aug 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Has anyone ever explained this alleged 'faith' that atheists are supposed to have?
Anyone?
No?
Carry on...
Innumerable times. The belief in the words and observations of others who say they have the facts and correct interpretations, and the belief they have put it all together in their own heads properly. They poo poo everything but what they perceive as "the Truth".

Insufficient attention to information and detsils. Going off half cocked. Like the post you just made.

Pay attention.

Location hidden

#235863 Aug 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Innumerable times. The belief in the words and observations of others who say they have the facts and correct interpretations, and the belief they have put it all together in their own heads properly. They poo poo everything but what they perceive as "the Truth".
Insufficient attention to information and detsils. Going off half cocked. Like the post you just made.
Pay attention.
So...no.

Next?

United States

#235864 Aug 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So...no.
Next?
Another weak attempt to appear intellectual through denial and dancing away.

I know you thought your username sounded cool.

There is a major league discepancy between your self imagined intellectual capacity and actual output of product.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235867 Aug 31, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you finally revealed thy true character, descending into the juvenile abyss of insults.
"Sticks n Stones" at play, Meh
DISMISSED, due to lack of interest.
Vaya con dios - slave of dogma, I have better things to do.
Of course you do, have better things to do. You donít want to know what you have to look forward too. You may not believe in heaven or hell but you better believe in misery. Because misery is all you have facing you in your future.

Would you like me to elaborate? The people that work in these long term facilities make minimum wage. They could care less if you have a dry diaper or have drool all over your shirt. It doesnít bother them you went two weeks without a bath. And they kind of get use to the stench of neglected humanity.

Theyíll really going to appreciate your demands as you try to talk the best you can considering you had that stroke. Theyíll know what your saying. They just wonít care.

The food you will be served will be to die for. It will look, and smell like it came from the sewer. But you will enjoy the bingo games and the thrill of winning fifty dollars in quarters every once in a while. Only to find the next day all of it missing from your room. The employees will count that as their monthly bonus for not taking care of you.

Oh yes Sir you have so much as an Agnostic to look forward too. Especially the young people that will walk by you in the hall and not even acknowledge that your even human. You wonít have a soul that cares if you live or die in squalor. Thatís your future to look forward too. And you have a lot to look forward too. The religion of hopelessness magnified in agnosticism.

Stephania

United States

#235868 Aug 31, 2014
The devil inside you.
CunningLinguist

Tampa, FL

#235869 Aug 31, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Look its another religious essay with no evidence of god in it!
Eaglet has nothing of value to share via any reply.
He/she has revealed in a reply, that he/she has a psychopathic personality.

The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced by the Eaglet... the more powerful is the urge to conquest and the emotional agitation leads to the narcissism we see in his/her posts.

Eventually, sheer frustration to present a lucid reply descends to juvenile patter which is very evident in the post.

I dismiss these posters when this occurs...

Like their bible, they are ozone layer dogma fanatics with a literally hopeless agenda of vainly attempting to promote their mythology as fact.

:-)
Stephania

United States

#235870 Aug 31, 2014
All atheists here are gay and lesbian revolution from the devil inspiration.

Location hidden

#235871 Aug 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another weak attempt to appear intellectual through denial and dancing away.
I know you thought your username sounded cool.
There is a major league discepancy between your self imagined intellectual capacity and actual output of product.
More wasted words, still no explanation of what atheists are supposed to have faith it.

So sad.

Location hidden

#235872 Aug 31, 2014
Stephania wrote:
All atheists here are gay and lesbian revolution from the devil inspiration.
Type with both hands and you might actually make some sense...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#235873 Aug 31, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacks on God?
Denials of the existence of God used as a weapon?
Spare us your petty victimization.
If God really was attacked; I'd be confident to let God defend itself.
To the contrary spare me your textbook dodges and denials.
The very name you post under is nothing more than your sophomoric attempt to achieve just that goal. My post merely pointed that out.The only victim here is honesty as evidenced by your rather lame attempt at categorizing my post as claiming victimhood. Sometimes its necessary to be more than a one trick pony if you want to remain relevant.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235874 Aug 31, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Eaglet has nothing of value to share via any reply.
He/she has revealed in a reply, that he/she has a psychopathic personality.
The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced by the Eaglet... the more powerful is the urge to conquest and the emotional agitation leads to the narcissism we see in his/her posts.
Eventually, sheer frustration to present a lucid reply descends to juvenile patter which is very evident in the post.
I dismiss these posters when this occurs...
Like their bible, they are ozone layer dogma fanatics with a literally hopeless agenda of vainly attempting to promote their mythology as fact.
:-)
You know why Iím talking about this?

I have been to a long term care facility and looked into the eyes of an Atheist. There was no light, no hope in those eyes. And this man had been a strong capable independent man his whole life. Suddenly helplessness overcame him as Atheism left him without any hope.

That Atheist was my father. We removed him from that facility. I took a leave of absence from my job. And my Sister and I cared for our Dad in his home until he died. Not one Atheist came to see him as he struggled with life & death.

You see Atheist and Agnostics donít care for their own. They leave their wounded on the battlefield. They only care about themselves. We took care of our Atheist father. Our sweet dear and precious Father realized that there was hope. And light came back into his soul. As he on his own free will abandoned the hopelessness of Atheism and embraced the God of all Gods.

I had never in my entire life heard my Atheist Father say a prayer until that day he abandoned hopelessness. I wonít go into the details of his conversion. But I will just say this, it was him and God. I didnít convince him to convert to Christ because I was forbidden to talk about God to him.

Religion was forbidden in his house or around him. He was a hard nosed dedicated Atheist. His conversion was just between him and God. And in the end light overcame the darkness.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235875 Aug 31, 2014
When you donít have God you donít have anything.

And if emptiness is what you want then thatís what youíll get. Oh sure unbelief is portrayed as being wonderful while you are young and strong.

But what happens when your weak and frail. Despondency is all you will have to look forward too.

Atheism & Agnosticism the self centered religion of hopelessness.

United States

#235876 Aug 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
More wasted words, still no explanation of what atheists are supposed to have faith it.
So sad.
Heh heh.

Your intellect has comedic value. If nothing else.

I know you won't grasp this, either, but just for laughs. One more time.

Atheists have to have faith in their mental abilities, or supposed abilities of those that "enlightened" them.

The difference between thinking you know something, and "knowing". The "knowing" is never more than a guess.

Encore, please.

Location hidden

#235877 Aug 31, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
When you donít have God you donít have anything.
And if emptiness is what you want then thatís what youíll get. Oh sure unbelief is portrayed as being wonderful while you are young and strong.
But what happens when your weak and frail. Despondency is all you will have to look forward too.
Atheism & Agnosticism the self centered religion of hopelessness.
"When you don't have God you don't have anything."

How would you know?

Location hidden

#235878 Aug 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh.
Your intellect has comedic value. If nothing else.
I know you won't grasp this, either, but just for laughs. One more time.
Atheists have to have faith in their mental abilities, or supposed abilities of those that "enlightened" them.
The difference between thinking you know something, and "knowing". The "knowing" is never more than a guess.
Encore, please.
So religious people DON'T have faith in their mental abilities?

LOL
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235879 Aug 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
Anyone?
No?
Carry on...
Was Robin Williams an Atheist?

He wasnít really known for any religious belief that we in the general public are aware of.

I guess I would classify him as being non-religious.

How tragic his final moments were. All he could see is what his unbelief had given him, hopelessness.

Had he had hope he could have lived out his life encouraging others as he traveled on his final path. But Robin didnít make it cause he took his own life leaving behind family and friends.

You see hopelessness gives nothing and takes everything.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235880 Aug 31, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"When you don't have God you don't have anything."
How would you know?
By looking at the gauge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,659,804
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr June VanDerMark 322,327
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Anthony Ramon 35,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web