Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254880 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235691 Aug 28, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the Christians have an ulterior motive don't you? They are not feeding and caring for others out of the goodness of their hearts are they? Those missionaries are there for one reason only and that is to convert as many as they can. Be honest for once in your life at least "Pastor"...

Thanks for sharing your lunacy with us.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#235692 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>

The only way I'll ever except the presence of any God is to shake its hand personally, but gods may not have hands to shake. who knows?
That's fine as long as you realize you can't spell "accept" and that you realize your inability to see that God exists is your downfall and why you will be in Hell.
well

Lake Villa, IL

#235693 Aug 28, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome...my husband and I have both shared the same experiences with missionaries. While there are some I admit do good work, they have an ulterior motive. Many are forcing their belief system on groups that already have a belief system in place and putting them in grave danger. Their helping and feeding them comes with a great cost to the people they are supposedly trying to help. In the 60's the Church my husband went to sponsored groups of missionaries to Panama...out of their mouths at a slide show presentation "We were there to save the Heathen Catholics". In the late 80's and 90's the Church we went to sponsored groups to Venezuela, their most important mission in their words "build a church" and save the Catholics.

I was raised Catholic so I guess according to you people I need to be "saved" too!

I mean come on...why does every one have to believe the same you do?
PatrickisaCreati onist

London, UK

#235694 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Says the idiot with no evidence for his sky daddy being real at all.

That and fossils sh*tting on your ignorant beliefs.
PatrickisaCreati onist

London, UK

#235695 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
That's fine as long as you realize you can't spell "accept" and that you realize your inability to see that God exists is your downfall and why you will be in Hell.
Your empty threats on our non-existent afterlives are amusing!!!
Thinking

Exmouth, UK

#235696 Aug 29, 2014
Then prove North Koreans don't believe Kim Jong Il had superhuman powers. Very religious, aren't they?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Who believes what did what to whom on the what?
Thinking

Exmouth, UK

#235697 Aug 29, 2014
Straw man. The Titanic accident happened in real time. No one got to build a lifeboat out of gopher wood. In the Noah story, god's genocide is premeditated, but Noah doesn't try to talk god out of it.

Religitards believe god drowned every baby not on the ark.
And they still worship the baby drowner!

Does that belief contribute to religious child abuse?
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were on the Titanic and was given an opportunity to get yourself and your entire family in a life boat and you refused. Would that have been Godís fault or yours for not making an effort to save your family?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235699 Aug 29, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the Christians have an ulterior motive don't you? They are not feeding and caring for others out of the goodness of their hearts are they? Those missionaries are there for one reason only and that is to convert as many as they can. Be honest for once in your life at least "Pastor"...
Why would I deny the Great Commission? Moreover, who is trying to hide it?

Now, do a Google search on Churches in your community. ALL those Churches are not just sending missionaries to do good works, they are doing good works and helping other in YOUR community! And you CONDEMN that???

And you sit there hypocritically judging them while doing NOTHING but spouting bitterness.

Welcome to the ambassador of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons...

Location hidden

#235700 Aug 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, this is a very surprising post from you Khmer.
No Smile? How disappointing.:-(
I did enjoy your link however which was surprise.
Of course it does not sway me from my lifelong convictions, but I'm certain that youve already determined that long ago.
The only way I'll ever except the presence of any God is to shake its hand personally, but gods may not have hands to shake. who knows?
I don't expect you to let facts sway your convictions.

Doubting Thomas had the same condition to believe.

Smile.

Location hidden

#235701 Aug 29, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome...my husband and I have both shared the same experiences with missionaries. While there are some I admit do good work, they have an ulterior motive. Many are forcing their belief system on groups that already have a belief system in place and putting them in grave danger. Their helping and feeding them comes with a great cost to the people they are supposedly trying to help. In the 60's the Church my husband went to sponsored groups of missionaries to Panama...out of their mouths at a slide show presentation "We were there to save the Heathen Catholics". In the late 80's and 90's the Church we went to sponsored groups to Venezuela, their most important mission in their words "build a church" and save the Catholics.
I was raised Catholic so I guess according to you people I need to be "saved" too!
I mean come on...why does every one have to believe the same you do?
1. The very foundation of the Christian faith is personal choice to accept God.

2. Jesus said their is a specific way to become a Christ follower.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#235702 Aug 29, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>

.....30Aug14.....You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Even if you profess to be an atheist ( no such thing ), why don't you miscreants
go and feed and care for others to convert as many as you can to your so-called
atheism.

Ps:.....Guess not. That would require physical work, and that is something
self-professed atheists don't have much time for. They are as lazy as the
day is long.

Just sayin'

Tuco Blondie

Location hidden

#235703 Aug 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, this is a very surprising post from you Khmer.
No Smile? How disappointing.:-(
I did enjoy your link however which was surprise.
Of course it does not sway me from my lifelong convictions, but I'm certain that youve already determined that long ago.
I do suggest that you take a few minutes to view this stunning video. The title alone may infuriate you, but we're talking super scientists discussing this, and the conversation and charts are quite compelling.
Stupid design...
Speaker: Neil Degrasse Tyson
https://m.youtube.com/watch...
Disclaimer: All spelling errors made by Siri are deliberately left in for my amusement, they are forgiven, will go to paradise and receive 72 dictionaries directly from: Lord Supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious, the improbable.

.....30Aug14.....and just how insecure you are ' cuntlinguist' as a self-proclaimed atheist
( no such thing )... to include a ' disclaimer ' so as people looking in might think that your
spelling is atrocious. Your amusement...bah..humbug.
Who gives a schidt...!!!!!!.

Sometimes there's more brains in a bottle of wadda when it comes to people like you.

Tuco Blondie

Location hidden

#235704 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>

.....30Aug14.....While Heeenglish is NOT the native language of Tuco Blondie, its pretty
easy to keep up with most of these self-proclaimed eeejits.

Ps:.....and this other excuse for having reasoning included a ' disclaimer ' so as not to
draw attention to other members thinking that he made spelling errors. What a joke.

Tuco Blondie

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#235705 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is my no means a cult of any kind, so there can't be any more than 0 Christian cults.
Methinks you have fooked up in the wording of you post here. I would not usually point it out but in your case you are such a condescending a$$hole I think you worthy.

So which cult are you a member of? Christian science, catholic, born again christian, new Adventist, Jehovas wetnurses etc... etc...

Please also note that Frank Herbert modelled the characters of the Fremen radical muslim jihadists, interesting screen name you have there... very deep meaning.

#235706 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was not a Christian.
This conversation gets very tiresome, Chrissy.
You opinion is not enough to deny a person his faith

Perhaps you are delusional enough to believe that have more sway in the catholic church than successive Popes, who have not denied him his faith.

#235707 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I was there.
I'm very old.
<quoted text>
Yes, I lied. For the purpose of the joke.
Smite me or something.
No need to smite you, the fact that you admit you are a liar is enough.

Location hidden

#235708 Aug 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Then prove North Koreans don't believe Kim Jong Il had superhuman powers. Very religious, aren't they?
<quoted text>

.....30Aug14.....You ' dimking' are getting dumber by the messages you post.

Kim Jong II instills FEAR into the peopleof North Korea and thus they do his
bidding. If they had a reasonable chance of leaving that schidthole, they
would. Lots of them are very religious. You just don't know any. Why
don't you take some of your French wife's money and go to South Korea.
In no time at all, you can be in the midst of thousands of former North
Koreans who will tell you that they prayed every day for deliverance from
that monster....a self-proclaimed atheist ( no such thing ) like you.

Tuco Blondie

#235709 Aug 29, 2014
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your rest !! You been struggling with the flu !!!
I know The Lord will help you feel better !!
Why have godbots got to guess when they donít know the facts?

Bronchitis and I now have antibiotics that are helping, they were prescribed by a Hindu doctor, no god involved.

Or perhaps you are of the opinion that your god created bronchitis, brain cancer, childhood lukemia etc at the same time he created everything else good and bad.

#235710 Aug 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the post number
You are presumably just as capable as me, I am not wasting my time because you have memory problems

Location hidden

#235711 Aug 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Straw man. The Titanic accident happened in real time. No one got to build a lifeboat out of gopher wood. In the Noah story, god's genocide is premeditated, but Noah doesn't try to talk god out of it.
Religitards believe god drowned every baby not on the ark.
And they still worship the baby drowner!
Does that belief contribute to religious child abuse?
<quoted text>

.....30Aug14.....If you ' dimking ' believe Everything in the Old Testament ( Bible ), then
you are really a schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....Why don't you make reference to Jonas in the belly of the whale. How about
the number of times that the numbers 7 and 40 are used.....!!!!!You lack
what is known to anyone with common sense, common sense.

Tuco Blondie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 40 min Into The Night 9,521
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 23 hr Ela 39
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu cpeter1313 310,940
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed Jesse 201,845
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web