Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#235616 Aug 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted an article that noted all “could”(suggestions) and claimed it as definitive as is your way
The total number of arrests makes little difference to those killed or their surviving families, friends and colleagues. So once again your obfuscation is noted. I see now that it is not deliberate obfuscation; you simply do not know any better, you are lacking in the basic human trait of compassion.
Just because you do not understand the humanitarian implications in no way shows me be to be in any way bigoted, it simply shows you to be ignorant of humanitarianism
I did no such thing.

Moreover, I was responding to your distorted numbers about police shootings. Real justice and sympathy deals honestly with all parties.

Everytime your bigotry is exposed, you try to lie your way out. Hence your reign as Queen of the 'rationale atheist' oxymorons.

Smirk.

“When you treat people as they ”

treat you they get offended.

#235617 Aug 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I did no such thing.
Moreover, I was responding to your distorted numbers about police shootings. Real justice and sympathy deals honestly with all parties.
Everytime your bigotry is exposed, you try to lie your way out. Hence your reign as Queen of the 'rationale atheist' oxymorons.
Smirk.
Yes you did

My links on police shootings were in response to your comment that ‘could’ actually did not mean what it means but what you want it to mean

It is not my problem if you cannot remember your own lies.

And I see you have not improved your ad hom BS in the last couple of years either

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#235618 Aug 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:

There are more than 48,000 each with their own interpretation of over 200 English language babbles and who know how many in other languages. Each and every one of those cults, including yours is certain that their interpretation of the babble they choose is the correct interpretation and all others are wrong.
Christianity is my no means a cult of any kind, so there can't be any more than 0 Christian cults.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235619 Aug 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi... I was there.... I'm very old.
Words and actions.... ACTIONS here let me spell it for you... A - C - T - I - O - N - S
Just because he was a delusion and genocidal megalomaniac does not bar him from being christian, you god stories give the perfect example to a delusional and genocidal megalomaniac
And just because so many Americans did not make him a liar.
Hitler was not a Christian.

This conversation gets very tiresome, Chrissy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235620 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I was there.
I'm very old.
ChristineM wrote:
Could this be the self professed evidence that you are a liar....?
Yes, I lied. For the purpose of the joke.

Smite me or something.
Thinking

Harlow, UK

#235621 Aug 28, 2014
Irritable Syndrome.

They need to crack open a beer, eat a bacon sandwich and chill.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So the 1000‘s of murdered muslim shias count as talking advantage of the diversity?
Are you really this senile?
BTW, they no longer call themselves ISIS, it is now Islamic State or I.S.
Thinking

Harlow, UK

#235622 Aug 28, 2014
No.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are 0 Christian cults.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235623 Aug 28, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I don't have to prove. Something else will in due time.
"somethign else" - so no clues on what it is? Or this is just a scare tactic of some sort?

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Please clarify.

Thanks!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#235624 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnosticism & Atheism is the religion of hopelessness.
How so? Please post your citation and/or support to this claim.

I disagree.
Believer

United States

#235625 Aug 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did
My links on police shootings were in response to your comment that ‘could’ actually did not mean what it means but what you want it to mean
And I see you have not improved your ad hom BS in the last couple of years either
You need to get your rest !! You been struggling with the flu !!!
I know The Lord will help you feel better !!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235626 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the love you're talking about?
"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26
No thank you.
I know you're a Bible expert, Eagle
I like to know about your mythology please explain.
Is the Bible the world's first instruction manual on how to properly care for and treat slaves?
Was Adam black or white?
Did Noah(it all)'s family consist of multiple racial types?
As I look around our wonderful world I see many species of Homo sapiens. Evolution describes the reason for this.
What's your reason?
Luke 14:26 is an explanation about priorities, with our God the creator always coming first. It’s like the old cliché, God, Country, Family.
Of course this stand against what you believe. With yourself as the focal point of all your love and affection. Always first in line to be fed, groomed and admired. The love of yourself exceeds the love of anyone or anything. A life long romance with self.
Naturally the thought of yourself being denied the premier position of being the center point most important priority is nauseating.
And you don’t know the Bible my friend or you wouldn’t have botched the interpretation of Luke 14:26 so badly. Your rendition was rather shallow and what you would expect from someone who promotes himself as being an authority of theology. Here we are again at your continuous need for self praise.
As you can tell I don’t have a lot of respect for self serving selfish people. They’re the kind that would watch a child drown in pool because they don’t want to get their clothes wet. It’s sad to see so many with their first priority is the love of themselves.
Luke 14:26Amplified Bible (AMP)
26 If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [[a]in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters—[yes] and even his own life also—he cannot be My disciple.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#235627 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"somethign else" - so no clues on what it is? Or this is just a scare tactic of some sort?
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Please clarify.
Thanks!
Events unforeseen by yourself can really rock your boat.

Grok?
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235628 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? Please post your citation and/or support to this claim.
I disagree.
What words of comfort could an Atheist offer to the parents that just lost a child in a horrible accident?

What words of comfort could an Agnostic offer a person that lost their spouse to cancer?

What words of comfort could an Atheist & Agnostic offer a family of children that lost both of their parents?

Why are there so few if any totally funded Agnostic & Atheist charities?

Why are there so few if any medical research facilities totally funded by Agnostic & Atheist Charities?

There is a disproportion between the two.

The religious charities promote hope in feeding the hungry, giving shelter to the homeless, medical research, funding for education, clean water programs, orphanages, addiction treatment & counseling, after school programs for latch key kids, on and on….

The Agnostics and Atheist promote self. And self stands against benevolence because it goes against it’s creed.“Me, Myself and I.”

That is why Agnosticism and Atheism is a hopeless religion that by its indifference to his fellow man promotes hopelessness.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235629 Aug 28, 2014
Atheist and Agnostics have nothing to give to society with the exception of their own self praise.

Lord knows we need more Atheist and Agnostics to step up and tell us how intelligent they are.

Because that self edification is going to feed a lot of hungry and homeless families this coming winter.
BOOGER

New Enterprise, PA

#235630 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What words of comfort could an Atheist offer to the parents that just lost a child in a horrible accident?
What words of comfort could an Agnostic offer a person that lost their spouse to cancer?
What words of comfort could an Atheist & Agnostic offer a family of children that lost both of their parents?
Why are there so few if any totally funded Agnostic & Atheist charities?
Why are there so few if any medical research facilities totally funded by Agnostic & Atheist Charities?
There is a disproportion between the two.
The religious charities promote hope in feeding the hungry, giving shelter to the homeless, medical research, funding for education, clean water programs, orphanages, addiction treatment & counseling, after school programs for latch key kids, on and on….
The Agnostics and Atheist promote self. And self stands against benevolence because it goes against it’s creed.“Me, Myself and I.”
That is why Agnosticism and Atheism is a hopeless religion that by its indifference to his fellow man promotes hopelessness.
I believe that "I am so sorry" are great words of comfort. For empathy or sympathy religion is not needed. Your heart is what says who you are. Peace.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235632 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 14:26 is an explanation about priorities, with our God the creator always coming first. It’s like the old cliché, God, Country, Family.
Of course this stand against what you believe. With yourself as the focal point of all your love and affection. Always first in line to be fed, groomed and admired. The love of yourself exceeds the love of anyone or anything. A life long romance with self.
Naturally the thought of yourself being denied the premier position of being the center point most important priority is nauseating.
And you don’t know the Bible my friend or you wouldn’t have botched the interpretation of Luke 14:26 so badly. Your rendition was rather shallow and what you would expect from someone who promotes himself as being an authority of theology. Here we are again at your continuous need for self praise.
As you can tell I don’t have a lot of respect for self serving selfish people. They’re the kind that would watch a child drown in pool because they don’t want to get their clothes wet. It’s sad to see so many with their first priority is the love of themselves.
Luke 14:26Amplified Bible (AMP)
26 If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [[a]in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters—[yes] and even his own life also—he cannot be My disciple.
That dog wont hunt Eagle

There are no true Bible experts because no one can interpret it. I took the time to read it - that was enough.

In order to understand any given mythology , you first study what it's about.

Everyone knows what Christianity is about...

Some believe it others don't... if I don't.

"We love death. The USA loves life. That is the difference between us two"
~ Osama bin Laden

“It is a heretic that makes the fire, not she which burns in it.”~Shakespeare

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”~Steven Weinberg (physicist and Nobel Laureate)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235633 Aug 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No.
Quite a fascinating rebuttal.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#235634 Aug 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did
What was the post number

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235635 Aug 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”~Steven Weinberg (physicist and Nobel Laureate)
If Stevie is right, then explain why atheist leaders are the most genocidal of all.

Explain people like Kim Jong, Mussolini, Jeffrey Dahmer, Jim Jones, Alfred Kinsey, Pol Pot and Stalin.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#235637 Aug 28, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
Atheist and Agnostics have nothing to give to society with the exception of their own self praise.
Lord knows we need more Atheist and Agnostics to step up and tell us how intelligent they are.
Because that self edification is going to feed a lot of hungry and homeless families this coming winter.
Were it not for an atheist(s), you would not be posting here...or anywhere.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min Cheech the Conser... 1,509,842
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Mabinogi 313,678
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr The Phartss 32,832
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web