Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256124 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

religionisillnes s

Whetstone, UK

#235185 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it bother you to know we really don't care if you believe or not? Some of us know the Creator made junk.
Rave on.
If you really don't care, why don't you f*ck off out of the Atheism forum along with your filthy-ignorant creationist cult members who can't face the facts?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#235186 Aug 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know !
Everything I post is completely false, filled with lies, and completely unsubstantiated by any credible resource.
Naturally, it is absolutely impossible to find this information in a book or library or on the Internet because it is so carefully hidden.
Do I make it up as I go along...just for you or did find the key to the carefully hidden information?
I dismiss obtuse posters which I find to be remarkably ignorant of modern science; allergic to truth; and addicted to dogma.
N'est pas
You don't always make up lies.

Sometimes you plagiarize others' lies.
BuckIsACreationi stPuppet

Whetstone, UK

#235187 Aug 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Like so many of Chris Hitchens' statements, that one is a lie.
But he was correct in counting on dumb-asses like you coming along to parrot the lie while slobbering.
What would you know about the truth, considering you are a Creationist who lies about science and atheism as a career choice?
BuckIsACreationi stPuppet

Whetstone, UK

#235188 Aug 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals says atheism is a religion.
Regardless of whether it is a religion, it is a belief, same as theism.
Creationists like Buck Crick suffer from a mental illness where they can't accept that Atheism = Not Theist.

Its easier for Buck to 'believe' that Atheism is a religion, because its a convenient delusions for him and his cult.
religionisillnes s

Whetstone, UK

#235189 Aug 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't always make up lies.
Sometimes you plagiarize others' lies.
Says the village idiot who doesn't 'believe' in fossils.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#235190 Aug 24, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really don't care, why don't you f*ck off out of the Atheism forum along with your filthy-ignorant creationist cult members who can't face the facts?
Making Topix atheists look stupid is low impact recreation. An important consideration for my age and physical condition. Freecell gets old.

You should feel good about having some purpose in life.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235191 Aug 24, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP Hitch. His book changed my life.
He was a gifted writer.

But if you really want to read wonderful comments you need to read Robert Ingersoll aka "The great agnostic"

Robert Green Ingersoll is too little known today. Yet he was the foremost orator and political speech maker of late 19th century America.

Ingersoll was born in Dresden, New York in 1833. His father was a Presbyterian minister who changed congregations often.

Ingersoll entered public life as a Peoria, Illinois, attorney. Following distinguished service in the Civil War, he served as the first Attorney General of Illinois.

Politically, he allied with the Republicans, the party of Lincoln and in those days the voice of progressivism. Ingersoll’s electrifying speaking voice soon made him the most sought-after speechmaker on behalf of Republican candidates and causes.

His legal career was also distinguished. He mounted a successful defense of two men falsely charged in the Star Route Scandal, perhaps the most controversial, politically-charged trial of the late 19th century.

But it was his private speaking career that made him famous. Tour after tour, he crisscrossed the country and spoke before packed houses on topics ranging from Shakespeare to Reconstruction, from science to religion.

In an age when oratory was the dominant form of public entertainment, Ingersoll was the unchallenged king of American orators.

Ingersoll was the friend of Presidents, literary giants like Mark Twain, captains of industry like Andrew Carnegie, and leading figures in the arts. He was also beloved of reformers like Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

Other Americans considered themselves his enemies. He bitterly opposed the Religious Right of his day. He popularized Charles Darwin and was a tireless advocate of science and reason. More, he argued for the rights of women and African-Americans.

Ingersoll also praised the virtues of family and fireside. And he practiced what he preached. Contemporary sources say Ingersoll enjoyed almost idyllic contentment in family life. Opponents frequently despaired of finding anything to disparage in his personal life.

I've always had a fascination with history.
The Egyptian religion was quite interesting especially Horus.

To become agnostic is only a matter of reading through history and studying various the religions their beliefs and origins.

United States

#235193 Aug 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a gifted writer.
But if you really want to read wonderful comments you need to read Robert Ingersoll aka "The great agnostic"
Robert Green Ingersoll is too little known today. Yet he was the foremost orator and political speech maker of late 19th century America.
Ingersoll was born in Dresden, New York in 1833. His father was a Presbyterian minister who changed congregations often.
Ingersoll entered public life as a Peoria, Illinois, attorney. Following distinguished service in the Civil War, he served as the first Attorney General of Illinois.
Politically, he allied with the Republicans, the party of Lincoln and in those days the voice of progressivism. Ingersoll’s electrifying speaking voice soon made him the most sought-after speechmaker on behalf of Republican candidates and causes.
His legal career was also distinguished. He mounted a successful defense of two men falsely charged in the Star Route Scandal, perhaps the most controversial, politically-charged trial of the late 19th century.
But it was his private speaking career that made him famous. Tour after tour, he crisscrossed the country and spoke before packed houses on topics ranging from Shakespeare to Reconstruction, from science to religion.
In an age when oratory was the dominant form of public entertainment, Ingersoll was the unchallenged king of American orators.
Ingersoll was the friend of Presidents, literary giants like Mark Twain, captains of industry like Andrew Carnegie, and leading figures in the arts. He was also beloved of reformers like Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
Other Americans considered themselves his enemies. He bitterly opposed the Religious Right of his day. He popularized Charles Darwin and was a tireless advocate of science and reason. More, he argued for the rights of women and African-Americans.
Ingersoll also praised the virtues of family and fireside. And he practiced what he preached. Contemporary sources say Ingersoll enjoyed almost idyllic contentment in family life. Opponents frequently despaired of finding anything to disparage in his personal life.
I've always had a fascination with history.
The Egyptian religion was quite interesting especially Horus.
To become agnostic is only a matter of reading through history and studying various the religions their beliefs and origins.
A young puppy sharing his new found discovery.

Kinda cute.

You have some more epiphanies to go yet, young one.

One of my earlier ones was in my early teens. I read in an encyclopedia about Antony and Cleo dressing as slaves and getting into bar fights. People is people.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235194 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda cute.
One of my earlier ones was in my early teens. I read in an encyclopedia about Antony and Cleo dressing as slaves and getting into bar fights. People is people.
Kinda dumb... Condescending reply

"you ain't got no couth"
~ Judy Holliday

It's apparent history has taught you nothing or you never studied it.

Please reconcile the Horus mythology with the Jesus mythology, go play in the Mithras fun house for a while, visit exciting Krishna and dine with Buddha.

Take the time to research the origin of this word...
FOSSIL

Dare to watch this video, take the wheels off your trailer and sit a while, Ya Hear?

Don't let the title frighten you, Jesus will still love you if you watch it, IF he is in a good mood today.

The Erosion of Progress by Religions

https://m.youtube.com/watch...

United States

#235195 Aug 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"you ain't got no couth"
~ Judy Holliday
Please reconcile the Horus mythology with the Jesus mythology, go play in the Mithras fun house for a while, visit exciting Krishna and dine with Buddha.
FOSSIL
Dare to watch this video, take the wheels off your trailer and sit a while, Ya Hear?
Don't let the title frighten you, Jesus will still love you if you watch it, IF he is in a good mood today.
How cute. Cunny ran out and fetched some news for us to read.

Good boy!! Here's a treat!

Hmmm, let's see what they are trying to sell us today.

You got a ways to go to be a true skeptic and cynic, sport. You will understand if you grow up.

NO!!! ON THE PAPER!!

OUTSIDE!!!
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235196 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Making Topix atheists look stupid is low impact recreation. An important consideration for my age and physical condition. Freecell gets old.
You should feel good about having some purpose in life.
When you creationist cowards have some evidence of god, you won't need to change the subject to hide your stupidity any longer.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235197 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda cute.
You don't believe in science, which is why you don't matter.

Get it?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235198 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You got a ways to go to be a true skeptic and cynic, sport. You will understand if you grow up.
NO!!! ON THE PAPER!!
OUTSIDE!!!
You can't sell us your god no matter how hard you try - its because you have no evidence and are proven liars.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235199 Aug 24, 2014
There will be a pill for creationism in the future that will cure your illness.

United States

#235200 Aug 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"you ain't got no couth"
~ Judy Holliday
FOSSIL
BTW, that computer you are pooping with can one day be a dead carcass and then a fossil.

Full of life and function now, eh? It was designed that way.

Try thinking instead of reacting to what you read. It's the difference between "knowing" of things and "understanding" them.

United States

#235201 Aug 24, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in science, which is why you don't matter.
Get it?
You "believe" in science?

What does that buy you a ticket to?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235202 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, that computer you are pooping with can one day be a dead carcass and then a fossil.
Try thinking instead of reacting to what you read. It's the difference between "knowing" of things and "understanding" them.
You have no evidence of god, and therefore, nothing to say.

Go home Creationist, your cult needs numbers.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#235203 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try proving the god you're here to lie about, imbecile.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#235204 Aug 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!! ON THE PAPER!!
OUTSIDE!!!
It's good to see you descend into this juvenile patter... So Very predictable also so very Christian.

Ironically, theists have already "bought the farm" and now they're trying to sell this worthless landfill to people who insist on investigation rather than revelation.

It's fun to watch you squirm on your own cross.
Believer

United States

#235205 Aug 24, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"should of"
LOL
Thanks, that tells us all we need to know about you.
You know nothing !
I can tell you Jesus loves you!
You were created for a reason !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,406,092
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web