Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Believer

United States

#235030 Aug 21, 2014
Contrary to the atheist beliefs, God does exist !
We are living and breathing !
This did not begin with the "Big Bang Theory'!
So folks that choose not to believe , just remember one thing !
God created science !

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#235031 Aug 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he's a warning to other people about what religion can do to you. That's why I said useful.
Ahh, I see.

#235032 Aug 21, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the crabs.
Oh yes I did forget, and I bet his dog finds those flea eggs real tasty
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#235033 Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma city was bombed by a believer.
Believer wrote:
God created science !

#235034 Aug 21, 2014
Believer wrote:
God created science !
So you want is all to ignore the technology and the progress and the science that allows you to post the on topix, live past age 30 and fly to another continent and go back to the bronze age and worship the camp fire demon of goat herders because you say so.

Great, now where does the queue end?

#235035 Aug 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the twin towers, different way of showing that belief but a believer in the same abrahamic god
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#235036 Aug 21, 2014
I'm often annoyed by the facile content of Radio 4's "Thought for the Day" but today it was really OK. But then it was delivered by a Buddhist.

Bloody monotheistic religions!

Believe in many gods or no gods and you will kill a lot less people...
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the twin towers, different way of showing that belief but a believer in the same abrahamic god

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#235037 Aug 21, 2014
You can manipulate and pervert the law and words all you want. This reality remains:

Ss couples are vastly inferior to the complexity of diverse gender, sexually complementary, procreative marriage.

And there is not one damn thing you can do about it.

Smile.
Believer

United States

#235038 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want is all to ignore the technology and the progress and the science that allows you to post the on topix, live past age 30 and fly to another continent and go back to the bronze age and worship the camp fire demon of goat herders because you say so.
Great, now where does the queue end?
I believe you might of misunderstood ,mate !
You are right about science and technology making amazing progress on what we do with this life !
However God is the responsible for life as we know it !
Cheers
Patrick

United States

#235039 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which proves what?
Historical examples of idiocy perpetrated by all manners of philosophy abound?
Peace
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235043 Aug 21, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is by some measures the world’s most popular christian manual. It is also shameless; a grotesque compendium of sensational ridiculous stories, unverified viral memes, anonymously sourced goatherder gossip, thinly veiled sexism, and hypocritical moralizing.
Here is Matthew routinely ignored for centuries and churches constructed. Why?
Gentle reminder...
Matthew 6:6
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.
But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
It's easier to fail in prayer to god privately than to fail publicly as a group(congregation)
Who knows there could be a closet rehab show on television!
I welcome your opinion for it is an act of freedom to be able to express it openly. I hope you allow me to do the same.

The Bible is a composition of 66 books. 39 in the Old testament and 27 in the New Testament. It is and the most printed book in world history. It remains a best seller.

It has romance, conflicts, history, poetry, patriotism, science, military tactics, love, hate, employment guidelines, ethics, historical facts, art, idols, religion, worship, spies, traitors, scandals, music, songs, hypocrisy, medical procedures and law just to name a few. Offering a past view of cultures thousands of years ago.

And this very popular composition of books is printed in nearly every language in the world including Braille. No surprise that some struggle with its composition and complexity. Good news one can still find in the library many less sophisticated and complex books written more on a third grade reading level. For all those who we can say lack the sophistication and reading comprehension to understand and appreciate the Bible.[tipping hat]

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#235044 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do but the encompass a geed selection of the most eminent scientist
What, just one scientist?

A geed one?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235045 Aug 21, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Wrong.
"Atheism: A Philosophical Justification"
http://books.google.com/books ...
ChristineM wrote:
Have you bought and read that book? Have you contributed to his retirement fund?
I guess not, most probably you have homed in on the title and gone into raptures because you do not actually understand the concept.
He also wrote “The Case Against Christianity”,“Atheism, Morality, and Meaning”,“The Impossibility of God” and “The Improbability of God”
I wonder are you going to site them as meaningful too?
Red herring.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235046 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Joke moron... joke. I realise there is no gun and no threat involved so you will probably not understand it but that’s just the way it is.
And yes it dose.
Not only do you claim dyslexia when it suits you but you also have a problem with the meaning of English (correct spelling) words. I have already had this discussion with buck and provided 2 (T W O) thesaurus links to prove my point. Perhaps you should find and read that post before opening your mouth when some fool can stick there foot in it
Correct spelling matters to you, dose it?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235047 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to sitting on the couch in the front garden, swigging a cheap can of buttwiper and watching the hype on TV?
I agree with you on wikipedia as I have often told you when you have cited it and then you objected strongly that it is open to manipulation. Hypocrit.
Yes it is open to manipulation however the references aren’t... They can be added to or removed but they are often academically validated and accurate.
As for the media reports, several contains links to the tea party minutes and documents to which they were referring. Perhaps you should follow those links and read them too.
Nah. You're completely unreliable, I would assume any websites you link to are too.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235048 Aug 21, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Do you would call an agnostic a "believer"?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#235049 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Timothy McVeigh was an agnostic.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#235050 Aug 21, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Timothy McVeigh was an agnostic.
Timothy McVeigh was mentally disturbed but......
McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic During his childhood, he and his father attended Mass regularly.
Before his execution, McVeigh took the Catholic sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#235051 Aug 21, 2014
Believer wrote:
God created science !
Adam was the first scientist and one of his first jobs was naming the animals, a task still done by scientist today.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#235052 Aug 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Founded on fascist lines.
The closest you ever get to offering evidence is character assassination, insult, inuendo, lying about people, and making things up.

You are a craven and defenseless liar.

The worst of Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,599,916
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Chosen Traveler 34,166
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 30 min cpeter1313 317,423
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Unhealthy People 11,548
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web