Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244792 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234689 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
hhhhiiiiii Chris!

i don't get here too often anymore, but if you hit me up on a private message i'll be sure to respond.

btw - we don't hafta talk religion but can discuss 'other things' too;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234690 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only lie is that the average Pastor makes $1,800 a sermon.
There goes the morals of a 'rational atheist' oxymoron Queen again...
Smile.
considering how much a proffesional athlete gets for being good with a stupid ball or how much a rap 'artist'(smirk) gets for a 'song'(smirk), a good preacher should pull-down at least 7 figures for every sermon if people weren't such idolators and morons!!!;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234691 Aug 14, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, like women, not gay...
Are you latent ?
You seem a bit too interested in the gay life style?
well then don't act/talk like a flame-job cuz you're confusing me!:-)
Patrick

United States

#234692 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well then don't act/talk like a flame-job cuz you're confusing me!:-)
.....sorry to keep you holding.....your call is very important to us...Queen Elizabeth II is busy with another Subject of the United Kingdom at the moment ...average estimated hold time is two years.
Thinking

Blandford, UK

#234693 Aug 14, 2014
Hey Lincock, despite changing your sock you still seem obsessed by Dawkins.

Why is that?
Are you an Evolutionary biolgist? You don't seem bright enough.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ricki-Tiki-Dawkins" has many books for sale.. seems the point.
"Richard Dawkins confessed to having a religious fervour - but he was a boy and it only lasted two years." --- Always amusing and r i c h from sales

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234694 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand me. My friend wasn't fighting in Iraq, he was a Christian NGO. Moreover, I have several Christian NGO friends who worked in Afghanistan helping widows establish businesses, working to develop alternative crops for farmers and setting up schools for girls. And that is just a tiny part of the countries and Christian NGO organizations the Church I pastored was involved in supporting and sending out.
As to donations and service, I'd bank you are wrong.
Smile.
<quoted text>
And there is the cornered Queen shifting to cover her idiocy and lies...
I made no inference of foxhole atheists. I noted that they are on the barbaric, selfish side of history over and over. I was specifically referring to the French support of Saddam.
And you STILL can't explain who those Gazan missiles fell on their own heads and their tunnel scheme collapsed days before an attempt to murder women and children on a Jewish Holy day, exactly as the Bible predicted!
Smirk.
Here let me quote you lie...
ďWhere were the atheists? Oh, they were helping Saddam make gas to murder entire Kurdish villages...Ē

Nothing more than a godbot lie based on godbot delusion and godbot wet dreams. You want to lie for your god, thatís OK with me but donít get all upset and defensive and lying when it is pointed out to you that you are a liar.

I really donít care about those missiles so letís all go with god dunitwiv magic eh? Oh wait a moment, how can that be? The Muslim god would not go around killing his own followers, followers who incidentally are far more devout than any christian I have ever met.

Oh yes, sorry to confound your dreams of your god killed their gods followers but you really should know that tunnels built in sand have a tendency to collapse fairly readily. No god is required.

And you still canít explain this UN building and hospitals and schools and children targeted by Israel

#234695 Aug 14, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I deny atheists use the Church to take advantage of the faithful?
Moreover, you continue your bigoted, hateful slander about the vast majority of Pastors. But truth has never been a hindrance for you has it Queen of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons?
Smile.
WTF has atheism got to do with preachers fleecing the gullible to make profit? Oh I get it you are trying to obfuscate the facts with your typical BS because you cannot handle the facts. Yes I remember your tactics when you have nowhere else to run. I could say that you would next go for the name calling routine but you already did that. Must really be sad to have a mind as limited as yours

And you do not slander atheist by lying about them? Funny how payback always gets you right where it hurts eh? Canít say I have ever seen a poor preacher, except perhaps you and that only because you were kicked out.

#234696 Aug 14, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. You regressed to calling America a terrorist state? You got problems, Chrissy. Rational discussion is impossible with someone like you.
No I didnít I stated facts so why do you lie? Now you have opened your mouth and some idiot has stuck their foot in it I suggest you highlight the text in which I make that claim. Or are you just another lying buck who makes sh|t up when they canít win because you are too chicken sh|t cowardly to admit that you are a loser

#234697 Aug 14, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. Provide evidence for your assertion.
I donít care whether you believe me or not.

#234698 Aug 14, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the same Chrissy "death threat" as me 'needing a new scope'.
There is a considerable difference between you sighting me in your scope and me discussing your embarrassment

Perhaps you are simply too dim wilted to see that difference or perhaps you are just jumping on a bandwagon by distorting the facts because you have been publically shown to be a violent gun toting moron

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234699 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
No I didnít I stated facts so why do you lie? Now you have opened your mouth and some idiot has stuck their foot in it I suggest you highlight the text in which I make that claim. Or are you just another lying buck who makes sh|t up when they canít win because you are too chicken sh|t cowardly to admit that you are a loser
I'm a loser but you called America a terrorist nation, and I support that terrorist nation.

You want the post of yours? Okay:

"LOL... good job I read your post last night before I went home otherwise I would have sprayed my coffee.
Not fascist? Not a dictatorship? Your pretty pink and fluffy dream of the light hearted and gentle nature of the US is so touching.
You will toe the line, you will proceed as we want, you will form your government in our image, you will not do anything to upset the delicate senilities of the American public - You will allow extradition of your citizens who break US law to the US as US demand but we will never reciprocate for US citizens who break your laws.
The CIA are the most dictatorial organisation on this planet and ask any of the inmates of Guantanamo bay just how fascist the US military can be.
And you forgot the Israeli terrorist killing innocent women and children under the protection of the UN (and killing an 8 year old girl under the protection of cease fire) But I suppose you consider that sort of terrorism to be ok because you help finance it.
Seems you are always OK with terrorism that you help finance. Hypocrite."

#234700 Aug 14, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA!
"The attack on a UN-run school in Gaza by the Israeli military was "totally unacceptable and totally indefensible", the US has said."
Josh Earnest is a media douche, he is NOT the US, he's an individual that seems to forget that when the enemy hides weapons in schools, schools get bombed.
I donít really care what you consider a report of FACT, it was the action I was highlighting

There are several other reports of the same action by many different reporters. British, French, Canadian, American Australian etc, etc.

If you get your kicks by committing war crimes by killing children, bombing schools and hospitals and UN building there is simply nowhere to hide. Get over it.

Both you and buck have repeatedly claimed that weapons were hidden in schools and repeatedly you have not provided any backup whatsoever to validate those claims... It really does make me wonder, why is this?

#234701 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is like honey bees in their bee hive; leave them alone and you'll be just fine; disturb them and try to take what's theirs and expect to get stung!;-)
Whatís theirs? what was stolen and handed to them. Not content with what they were given they chose to take more and created settlements on the best bits of land that was not given to them.

Then to stop any reprisals they chose to impoverish the inhabitants of the land they stole by preventing economic, humanitarian and medical aid by blockading them for 8 years.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234702 Aug 14, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
considering how much a proffesional athlete gets for being good with a stupid ball or how much a rap 'artist'(smirk) gets for a 'song'(smirk), a good preacher should pull-down at least 7 figures for every sermon if people weren't such idolators and morons!!!;-)
When I was young preachers were supposed to be poor. They lived by the grace of God and the congregation. It was a "holy" calling. Any money surplus went to church work, not the pastor's pocket.

Then I read in the late 70's or so where the average preacher's salary was $44,000. That wad very good money at that time. Was such a profitable profession seminaries sprang up and cranked out lots of preachers. Baptist, anyhow. They taught the hair style and magic words to lead the faithful.

Religion turned into showbiz.

Nothin wrong with the religion, just the kind of people that flock to where the money is.

You ain't listening to God's word in those big churches that pay preachers that much.

#234703 Aug 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No I can't!
I've set myself the goal of getting through life without buying a German car. Not that I don't think they're good cars, it's just that I don't see the logic in giving all the Euros to one country.
You've got to have goals.
<quoted text>
Although I have made no such vow and Paul was consider and AMG something (he changed his mind) but weíve stuck with brit manufactured cars for a long long time now

#234704 Aug 14, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're dead to me.
:)
<quoted text>
You like it??? Uggg, yeuk

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#234705 Aug 14, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, it is illegal to sell wild meat without USDA inspection. You cant even have wild game processed in the same facility as meat that will be sold. Or even your own hand raised beef, pork or chicken. Must be totally separate.
You can have private dinners and eat any or all of it, but as far as a restaurant serving it full time, I am not sure how they would handle that.
In pennsylvania hunters just give their game away. We donate deer and bear legally culled to homeless shelters, etc. As long as you give it away big brother doesn't bother you.
Thinking

Blandford, UK

#234707 Aug 14, 2014
Sorry. I know, "Don't kiss me with those lips."
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You like it??? Uggg, yeuk

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234708 Aug 14, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatís theirs? what was stolen and handed to them. Not content with what they were given they chose to take more and created settlements on the best bits of land that was not given to them.
Then to stop any reprisals they chose to impoverish the inhabitants of the land they stole by preventing economic, humanitarian and medical aid by blockading them for 8 years.
you turning me on gurl!

yeah - you play freuline gertrude in a nazi uniform and i'll play a Jewish hunk who has to do what you say at a concentration camp....;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234709 Aug 14, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was young preachers were supposed to be poor. They lived by the grace of God and the congregation. It was a "holy" calling. Any money surplus went to church work, not the pastor's pocket.
Then I read in the late 70's or so where the average preacher's salary was $44,000. That wad very good money at that time. Was such a profitable profession seminaries sprang up and cranked out lots of preachers. Baptist, anyhow. They taught the hair style and magic words to lead the faithful.
Religion turned into showbiz.
Nothin wrong with the religion, just the kind of people that flock to where the money is.
You ain't listening to God's word in those big churches that pay preachers that much.
just like godliness isn't gain, neither is poverty holliness.

but, you can believe for what you want and i'll believe for what i want because we know from scripture that we get what we believe for:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Doomstar 1,262,834
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 6,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,850
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web