Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258478 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Patrick

United States

#234894 Aug 19, 2014
Atheism an old philosophy of some merit, examined by the Greeks many thousands of years ago.
Over a good cup of coffee the discussion usually moves on to great films -
Love and Death- Midnight in Paris- Rear Window- North by Northwest
Since no one can prove atheism the arguments tend to be circular thus people lose interest and move on the topics they can do something about.
Good wine, cheese and a day at then park
Peace

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#234895 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Atheism an old philosophy of some merit, examined by the Greeks many thousands of years ago.
Since no one can prove atheism the arguments tend to be circular thus people lose interest and move on the topics they can do something about.
Peace
So those ancient Greeks had film directors and film cameras? Wow them ancients were far more advanced than I have been lead to understand

Regarding your circular accusation you are projecting and your ignorance is apparent. Most atheists do not sit around discussing atheism except with incredulous godbots like you. There is no need to prove atheism, there is nothing to prove. However E=MC^2 does prove that the god depicted in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as a person who is dising the equation... Work it out...

And we do know that E=MC^2 is a valid equation, you use it to post your comments and you use it to live every day of your life, so bang goes your cannot prove no god idea.

You really do not need to be a godbot to enjoy a good wine while dising what you donít understand because you donít understand it. Good Falernian and Rhaeticum wines were made long time before christianity was even thought of... Hey they even had a god of wine.

And having been to the United States, and had the unfortunate experience of being served processed floppy curd slices as cheese and seen cans of spray on cheese in several supermarkets how can you have the gall to discuss cheese without falling about laughing? Although there are some few excellent cheeses made in the US there is a particular reason why the US cannot produce good cheese generally, itís the law... raw (unprocessed) milk cannot be used... No god involved.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#234896 Aug 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
We should use those pieces of Noah`s ark they found and use the same nails. The Christians fell for those hoaxes like a tree to a lumberjack. And sent the charlatan money to help him do more research. If it says Christian, throw money at it.
Speaking of throwing money at it a.k.a. planting a seed... You can reap a harvest!

https://m.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#234897 Aug 19, 2014
Many is not less than three, Lincock.
Patrick wrote:
Peace
Patrick

United States

#234898 Aug 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So those ancient Greeks had film directors and film cameras? Wow them ancients were far more advanced than I have been lead to understand
Regarding your circular accusation you are projecting and your ignorance is apparent. Most atheists do not sit around discussing atheism except with incredulous godbots like you. There is no need to prove atheism, there is nothing to prove. However E=MC^2 does prove that the god depicted in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe at the same time as a person who is dising the equation... Work it out...
And we do know that E=MC^2 is a valid equation, you use it to post your comments and you use it to live every day of your life, so bang goes your cannot prove no god idea.
You really do not need to be a godbot to enjoy a good wine while dising what you donít understand because you donít understand it. Good Falernian and Rhaeticum wines were made long time before christianity was even thought of... Hey they even had a god of wine.
And having been to the United States, and had the unfortunate experience of being served processed floppy curd slices as cheese and seen cans of spray on cheese in several supermarkets how can you have the gall to discuss cheese without falling about laughing? Although there are some few excellent cheeses made in the US there is a particular reason why the US cannot produce good cheese generally, itís the law... raw (unprocessed) milk cannot be used... No god involved.
Since Atheism as a philosophy leads nowhere enjoy some films, read a few books and enjoy your life?
Troll use of -godbots- LOL, seems to give away your insecurity ?
religionislies

London, UK

#234899 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Atheism as a philosophy leads nowhere enjoy some films, read a few books and enjoy your life?
No evidence of god from the failed Creationist Cult member who can't answer any questions.
religionislies

London, UK

#234900 Aug 19, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean progress of mass murder?
The nerve of 'em.
Cowardly Creationist Cult members don't have the balls to admit they have no evidence of god.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#234901 Aug 19, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On Holiday, Dec 25th?
I mean, that's what it's called nowadays, isn't it? "Holiday"?
No, I still call it Christmas like other people. I just don't attach any Christian feelings about it. Easter was always about dying eggs and having easter egg hunts for the kids. No Christian feelings attached to it either. I could care less what name it has.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#234902 Aug 19, 2014
critical thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the scientific evidence that shows Christians are mean, narcissistic, closed-minded? I didn't think so. I find it ironic you atheist spend an inordinate amount of time researching something you do not believe.
I'm not a so-called 'Atheist'.

To answer your request I'll use historical data....since scientific studies on a "belief" - which is also a thought generated/synthetic attribute - contains perception of an individual(s)- biased in various ways.

So you have scientific evidence of mental thoughts and beliefs. Are they from psychologists? Psychiatrists? Neurologists? Or just some doctor who has a PhD?

The Inquisitions.
The Crusades
The Salem Witch Trials

How much of history will be required to justify those traits?
- I can post much more if you need it.

Please show me your evidence that shows/"proves" Atheists ARE of the same traits.

Thanks!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#234903 Aug 19, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the cited study with great interest. It is the first effort that I've seen to delineate subcategories within the unaffiliated or "nones" category used in both the Pew Forum's Religious Landscape Study and Trinity College's American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS).
Interestingly enough, they found that the principles I've written about over the last few years were pretty much on target: that the ranges of identification, attitudes, beliefs, and profiles within the larger categories of nonbelievers and the unaffiliated vary too widely to allow for any justifiable stereotypes.
I suspect that the study's authors would also agree that the subcategories are also flexible to the point that many if not most individuals may have qualities that mix those of the various categories. I doubt that they would agree that science finds that all New Atheists are narcissistic and mean, but I did notice that the semantics and tone gave the impression that the writers viewed some of the subcategories more favorably than others.
In a nutshell - perception can include bias, and thus not justify a complete segregation of individuals - in a specific manner as the original poster tried to ensue.

Cheers!
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234904 Aug 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not bogus, it is a study that you donít happen to agree with because it makes you out to be liar but that makes no difference because we know you are liar anyway.
And as I have told you before you watch to many FOX stomp on Britain programs and read to many supermarket sensation tabloids, they of course have no relationship to reality but no doubt they help you masturbate when you cell mate it in the shower.
Diet, yes, the very reason so many Americans (including yourself) are obese... continue?
I am not interested in your wet dreams when you have oral sex with an a$$(you mommy)
You question is just an irrelevant and failed attempt wind up based on bigotry and deliberate iggírance (same thing really) with a sprinkling of buck lies added... basically, exactly what is expected from you.
Because the word "lair" is so overused in this forum. It has no value. The word is cheap and meaningless. I avoid using it for that reason and I hope you also will consider using a phrase or word that has more value.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234905 Aug 19, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the cited study with great interest. It is the first effort that I've seen to delineate subcategories within the unaffiliated or "nones" category used in both the Pew Forum's Religious Landscape Study and Trinity College's American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS).
Interestingly enough, they found that the principles I've written about over the last few years were pretty much on target: that the ranges of identification, attitudes, beliefs, and profiles within the larger categories of nonbelievers and the unaffiliated vary too widely to allow for any justifiable stereotypes.
I suspect that the study's authors would also agree that the subcategories are also flexible to the point that many if not most individuals may have qualities that mix those of the various categories. I doubt that they would agree that science finds that all New Atheists are narcissistic and mean, but I did notice that the semantics and tone gave the impression that the writers viewed some of the subcategories more favorably than others.
I realize that not all Atheist are mean, crude, irreverent, belligerent and narcissist. You are one of the most respectful Atheist that has ever visited the forum. I would that your fellow topix Atheist had your level of mannerism and respectfulness.

But the overwhelming majority of the Atheist post on this topix channel are on the opposite spectrum as yourself. You bring a certain level of dignity and respect to your post. Never compromising your core belief but at the same time never being overwhelming offensive.

Your opinions are always welcome and your example is most appreciated.[tipping hat]
Patrick

United States

#234906 Aug 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm neither gay nor homophobic.
You're not homophobic are you?
Your jesus was a gay - proof here:
http://www.sm elly/jesus-p-407.html
http://www.smm.com/images/jesusgay.jpg
<quoted text>
If you believe there is no life but this one,
why do you waste your time as a troll?

Doubt if many people care what your preferences are, at this late date, in your posting?

#234907 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your misunderstanding of atheism is not my problem.

Atheism is a philosophy like not collecting stamps is a hobby.

So you are saying that you are not a godbot or that you object to being called a godbot?

And of course you projection of your insecurity when faced with atheism is astounding even by the high standard of insecurity in the face of atheism usually displayed by your type of ignorance
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234908 Aug 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me why Christianity is not the dominant religion in the middle east since that is the supposed birth place of Jesus? The beginning of the Christians. The only Christian believing nations are the most far from it.
You realize of course that Jesus Christ was a Jew. And Judaism is intertwined into Christianity. And thereís a lot of Jews living in Israel.

The fire of Christianity started in that region this is true. It spread to Europe and Asia. But to answer your question more precisely. Itís the same reason why Atheism is not the dominant belief in the region. Christianity nor Atheism (so far) doesnít require one to convert by force with the option of refusing being- having your head cut off.

The true level of Christianity is not known in the region because of the bias, and radical extremism towards Christians. And the same goes for Atheism.

#234909 Aug 19, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the word "lair" is so overused in this forum. It has no value. The word is cheap and meaningless. I avoid using it for that reason and I hope you also will consider using a phrase or word that has more value.
Nope, the word has not lost its value to me. I still consider a liar to be a liar, however you are welcome to the good old christian tradition of twisting the meaning of words... morality, truth, theory all come to mind.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234910 Aug 19, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a preacher. Send me $50 and plant a seed of prosperity, you will receive a blessing within 12 months, send me a $100 and your seed will produce a windfall within 6 months. Send me a thousand dollars and your big seed will produce a virtual harvest of blessings. I might even pray for you, will send you a prayer cloth of this special made paper.
Glory Hallelujah Amen brother. Send in your money and see yourself PROSPER!!!
Also thereís plenty of fake and incompetent Medical Doctors practicing and taking money from patients. That doesnít mean thereís not real genuine Medical Doctors out there.
Eagle 12

Edwardsville, IL

#234911 Aug 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the word has not lost its value to me. I still consider a liar to be a liar, however you are welcome to the good old christian tradition of twisting the meaning of words... morality, truth, theory all come to mind.
The law of economics my good friend. That which is common is cheap and that which is rare is valuable. This is why no one wants to have an ordinary sedimentary
rock mounted for a ring.

If you think itís valuable and cool you go right on ahead. But when youíre ready to sell it all you are going to get is a laugh.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234912 Aug 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really donít care if you protest it or not, you post make the fact plain
this may be a bit off topic, but i'd be remiss if i didn't ask; how much hair do you keep down there?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234913 Aug 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what you are told and what is fact seem to be in disagreement, perhaps you should consider this when you next look at your babble.
Far closer to the nazi/fascist movement are the tea party and other right wing hard liners and radical christian bigots in your neck of the woods.
how's about ya'll work on curbing your islamic fascism from taking over all of europe and we'll continue our tea party celebration of freedom?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,509,842
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Mabinogi 313,678
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr The Phartss 32,832
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web