Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234600 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid mutt, I am not even discussing Hamas, I do not side with any of them, however buck seems to think that because I don’t side with him in his narrow minded and bigoted mindset of black and white, with me or against me (you must have had a terrible childhood) then I must automatically side with the opposition (in your dreams buck, in your dreams). You are a leader in narrow minded moronosity of the most stupid type and considering the usual high standard of bigoted and moronic stupidity displayed by the average creaturd and failed bank robber your should take that as a compliment to your kind.
I am discussing the atrocities performed by Israel and I have provided plenty of links to PROVE those atrocities against humanity, links that show that even your government disapprove of the Israeli war crimes and their abuse of the sanctity of the UN and cease fire. Grow a set and get over it.
So if your god has such a downer on foreskins why did he “create” every male with a foreskin?
Eritrea: Religious Distribution (2002) indicates that Christianity makes up 63% of the population with Islam making up 37%.
Eritrea: Female genital mutilation of 35 to 39 year olds is 92.6% and of 15-19 year olds is 78.3%.
This is a point that even Archbishop Cramer had to concede. Seems religious leaders accept the facts but Buck is so narrow minded that he totally ignores the FACTS because they interfere with his bigotry
Just because Stalin and Hitler were christian is not my problem. Has it always been that truth and facts that you disagree with your wet dreams causes to you lie so much?
You haven't provided evidence of one Israeli atrocity in this conflict.

You know why?

Because there haven't been any.

Israel's military has shown more care to avoid civilian deaths than any military in history.

Your Hamas buddies have tried to kill not only Israeli civilians, but also their own.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234601 Aug 13, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Targeting UN aid shelters is not care, it constitutes war crime, your countries leaders agree this is so. You blind bigotry is preventing you from understanding basic fact.
I see that you have narrowed your ranting from death to all muslims down to to jihadists, could it be that your prison warder has fooked some sense into you? Though I wonder why you capitalise the word jihadists – twice does show considerable respect
Targeting UN shelters where rockets are located is not a war crime.

It is the moral thing to do.

The Jihadists were seen dragging dead bodies into the buildings to take pictures.

The muslim extremists must be stopped at all cost.

Israel needs to bomb until every member of Hamas in Gaza is dead.
John

Fayetteville, NC

#234602 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter Dave, just like deer a game meat cant be served on a menu.
Domestic Farm raised can be , but it takes a special FDA and usda permits. There are a few restaurants that specialize with this , but they will be very pricey and not a small businesses.
But game taken wild, is illegal as is holding wild game or selling it is a steep fine.
I have no doubt the lawmakers devise ways to circumvent the game laws though, they seem to think they can do anything they want. Here's one, Ive no doubt they pay huge kickbacks to be able to do it.
http://www.brokenarrowranch.com/FAQ.htm
I know of a couple of places in Dallas that sell wild boar, venison, and pheasant. These are game meats. I also saw on Bizarre Foods where a restaurant sold game fish to the public.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234603 Aug 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't provided evidence of one Israeli atrocity in this conflict.
You know why?
Because there haven't been any.
Israel's military has shown more care to avoid civilian deaths than any military in history.
Your Hamas buddies have tried to kill not only Israeli civilians, but also their own.
Maybe Chrissy would like to watch a video? The video is far too grotesque to post a link for, if anyone wants to search for it it's on a website called Livelink and the title is something along the lines of "Isis execution video".

It's an incredibly disturbing video with brutal images of her terrorist buddies executing Christians and other civilians for no reason other than that they are not terrorists themselves.

I honestly don't recommend anyone watching it, especially people with a soft heart. It will give them nightmares. Isis posted the video themselves because they claim to be proud of what they're doing.

It's disgusting but it's eye-opening into the evil atrocities that they commit on the ground every day.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#234604 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up Dave, bream is game, game is illegal to sell. Even if it's a private pond bream is still wild game. There's only 3 ways it can be done, all three require a conspiracy, even if a legal one.
Bream is called a game fish, not wild game. A game fish can be caught for sport, which is why it is called a game fish, or for food. That is why you didn't need a fishing license to catch panfish using a cane pole in your home county.

You are being too broad in your application of the term and ignoring the food fish value and applicable laws enabling the commercial sale of such. You have heard of trot lines I am sure. Restrictions are established usually because of the particular fish population of the time. Same as seasons and catch limits. This is variable and done state by state. Which is why you will often see restrictions on transportation out of state or for commercial purposes.
C-City Clown

United States

#234605 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the death threat? That's not cool.
That wasn't a death threat. Are you illiterate or just dishonest?

You may end up expiring in a pants fire.
C-City Clown

United States

#234606 Aug 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope YOU know that gaytheism is curable through repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ!
i am here for you as an interventionist extrordinare!;-)
You remind me of my slow cousin.

He damn near starved to death because he wouldn't leave the house. Said he ran out of cootie shots.

Are you inpatient or outpatient?
C-City Clown

United States

#234607 Aug 13, 2014
atheist love ISIS wrote:
Atheists congratulated ISIS in Iraq for the good work they did beheading Christians and burying them alive,they said that these dead Christians can no longer put up those annoying cross's that make Atheists even more miserable then their parents,they said they never recognized "Freedom of Relegion" they also admitted being the scum of the earth but only because their parents are too,did you hear the latest,Atheist no longer want u s sailors to read the bibles in Hotels when they are on leave,hey,maybe we should behead all Atheists...
Losing your head after losing your mind to religion.

What a sad fate.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#234608 Aug 13, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of a couple of places in Dallas that sell wild boar, venison, and pheasant. These are game meats. I also saw on Bizarre Foods where a restaurant sold game fish to the public.
These places are not common nor cheap. High end and bring a wallet if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#234609 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bream is called a game fish, not wild game. A game fish can be caught for sport, which is why it is called a game fish, or for food. That is why you didn't need a fishing license to catch panfish using a cane pole in your home county.
You are being too broad in your application of the term and ignoring the food fish value and applicable laws enabling the commercial sale of such. You have heard of trot lines I am sure. Restrictions are established usually because of the particular fish population of the time. Same as seasons and catch limits. This is variable and done state by state. Which is why you will often see restrictions on transportation out of state or for commercial purposes.
Look it up Dippity Dave , game fish IS GAME and subject to game laws I Know! I'm a sportsman, fisher and hunter. You have to know the laws.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#234610 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Here they are for as they apply to you.

http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/Regulati...

United States

#234611 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> These places are not common nor cheap. High end and bring a wallet if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.
You say they are illegal.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#234612 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always apply for a commercial fishermans license. My husband used to run trot lines and baskets for catfish and you have to have a tag on each line and each basket. I live in Georgia. I expect its different in different places. Bream and crappie and bass are pan fish. Only the bass has a length and weight limit to be keepers.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#234613 Aug 13, 2014
Hitler was also moral.

Like Israel, I live in a country that is expected to behave better than others - but I can deal with that.

Israel needs to learn that a fat and prosperous neighbour is better than a thin and angry one.

It will take brains to break this cycle. Any fuckwit can perpetuate violence. You should know that.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Targeting UN shelters where rockets are located is not a war crime.
It is the moral thing to do.
The Jihadists were seen dragging dead bodies into the buildings to take pictures.
The muslim extremists must be stopped at all cost.
Israel needs to bomb until every member of Hamas in Gaza is dead.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#234614 Aug 13, 2014
C-City Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Losing your head after losing your mind to religion.
What a sad fate.
I have never heard of anyone making up such lies for their religion.

Besides, how can you bury a beheaded person alive? Beats the heck out of me.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#234615 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure to know the laws can result in jail, fines , confiscation of hunting/fishing equipment, boat, motor vehicle and loss of privileges. Better be sure Dave, the fines are steep and dire.
Out of season or violations can be a 10,000 dollar fine and all the above or more.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#234616 Aug 13, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they are illegal.
Wild game is illegal unless a usda inspector is on hand to approve each and every one, this is not going to be cheap.
C-City Clown

United States

#234617 Aug 13, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of anyone making up such lies for their religion.
Besides, how can you bury a beheaded person alive? Beats the heck out of me.
There's a five second rule.

Oops. One rolled under the table.

Who put Andy's head on Mandy's body? That's just wrong.
Patrick

United States

#234618 Aug 13, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope YOU know that gaytheism is curable through repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ!
i am here for you as an interventionist extrordinare!;-)
;;i

If you say so.......... LOL
Doubt if a deity needs your posts?

United States

#234619 Aug 13, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Wild game is illegal unless a usda inspector is on hand to approve each and every one, this is not going to be cheap.
USDA is federal.

http://www.agmrc.org/commodities__products/aq...

Bream is also a colloquial term for those critters.

As you will note some places allow sale and others don't.

Ever hear of good ol' southern fish fries? Church and political? Bet a lot of them weren't from the catch of the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,220,727
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Junket 309,690
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr TerryE 5,304
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web