Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234846 Aug 18, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't really care if you defend your mythology. We understand the struggle within your own mind, hopelessly attempting to provide a rational thought, about your faith.
No I post fact, if you took the time to study of the origin of religions you would discover the same things that we already know!
Oh no, atheists care very much when Christians defend Christianity. That is evidenced amongst these threads.

You do post some fact, I'll give you that. But the majority of your posts is your opinions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234847 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Do you or have you donated to NORAID?
Nope. Why, have you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234848 Aug 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Haeckel's embryos were faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.
Thinking wrote:
How? By praying?
Ah. Thinking is thinking there's no such thing as a scientist who is also a Christian.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234849 Aug 18, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
It is a time when nobody is at work (except Waffle House) workers. A great time to have a family reunion and give gifts to tell them how much they mean to me. Have a great meal and just have fun and fellowship.
On Holiday, Dec 25th?

I mean, that's what it's called nowadays, isn't it? "Holiday"?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234850 Aug 18, 2014
Really.

creationist.org is strong in you, Puck Frick.

Next you'll be denying infinity again.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Kettlewell's peppered moth research was faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.
My advice to atheist scientists - stop lying.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234851 Aug 18, 2014
Not over here. Oddly enough, christmas is called christmas in England.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On Holiday, Dec 25th?
I mean, that's what it's called nowadays, isn't it? "Holiday"?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234852 Aug 18, 2014
Quite the reverse, dear heart.

I'm saying scientists must use the scientific method to be useful. It simply should not matter what their personal belief system is.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Buck Crick wrote:
Haeckel's embryos were faked by an atheist scientist, and debunked by Christians.
<quoted text>
Ah. Thinking is thinking there's no such thing as a scientist who is also a Christian.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#234853 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Piltdown man was faked by a christian fraud but debunked by scientists.
My advice to christian frauds: stop lying.
<quoted text>
I believe piltdown man was a hoax perpetuated by Arthur Conan Doyle to expose the weaknesses and gullibility of the scientific community of his day. CD is the father of modern forensics forensics, being an investigator and educator with Scotland yard. He masterfully exposed weakness if he is behind the hoax. Far from being a creationist or "christian", if he was behind the hoax did a great job of exposing the gullibility of some scientists of his day.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234854 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Really.
creationist.org is strong in you, Puck Frick.
Next you'll be denying infinity again.
<quoted text>
And you'll be stupidly defending it.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234855 Aug 18, 2014
Reality cares little for what you believe.

The scientific method eventually buried the christian's lies.

Imagine how much better the world would be if religitards didn't lie so often.
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe piltdown man was a hoax perpetuated by Arthur Conan Doyle to expose the weaknesses and gullibility of the scientific community of his day. CD is the father of modern forensics forensics, being an investigator and educator with Scotland yard. He masterfully exposed weakness if he is behind the hoax. Far from being a creationist or "christian", if he was behind the hoax did a great job of exposing the gullibility of some scientists of his day.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234856 Aug 18, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you donate to your church?
i am 'the church' and therefore i will accept any donations that you'd like to contribute to my efforts of being the light of the world.

cash is preferred but visa or mastercard are accepted thru paypals:-)

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#234857 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Or imagine the world without lying atheists...

150 million people could have avoided slaughter.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234859 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It really does not matter what attributes they give there god.
i'm told that most all of france as well as london are dominated by islam & practically under sharia law. is this the new fascist 'nazi' movement that you wish to subject israel to as well as all the world, freuline gertrude?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234860 Aug 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are a pig ignorant and chauvinist moron
i protest the accusation that i'm a chauvinist! i fully appreciate the differences between a man and a woman. this is why i'm NOT a homosexual and NOT a chauvinist!

you, on the other hand, are becoming VERY suspect!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234861 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Quite the reverse, dear heart.
I'm saying scientists must use the scientific method to be useful. It simply should not matter what their personal belief system is.
As the scientist prepares his experiment, he says; "Oh please God, make this work".
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234862 Aug 18, 2014
Non sequitur, Puck Frick.

Religitards have held back progress 1000 years.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Or imagine the world without lying atheists...
150 million people could have avoided slaughter.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#234863 Aug 18, 2014
Luckily there's more than one scientist.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
As the scientist prepares his experiment, he says; "Oh please God, make this work".

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#234864 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Non sequitur, Puck Frick.
Religitards have held back progress 1000 years.
<quoted text>
You mean progress of mass murder?

The nerve of 'em.
critical thinking

Ada, OK

#234865 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the purveyor of a message supported only by a hypothesis. save the lectures and pseudoscience. you have no reasonable "point", no arguable position. you self identify as an atheist in a failed attempt to appear intellectual. A cursory review of your random, jargon-filled post indicates you are angry, argumentative and dogmatic.
critical thinking

Ada, OK

#234866 Aug 18, 2014
As we all know, the New Atheists love to posture as if they are champions of science. The problem is that they only seem to care about science when it can somehow be recruited to aid their metaphysical and/or political agenda. What if you were to debate with a New Atheist and inform him that science has provided evidence that New Atheists are narcissistic, mean, and dogmatic? Do you think the New Atheist would acknowledge this characterization of New Atheists? Or do you think he/she would come up with reasons to ignore or dismiss such a scientific finding?
Well, there is no need to keep this in the realm of a thought experiment, as science has provided evidence that New Atheists are narcissistic, mean, and dogmatic.

Check out the research of Christopher Silver from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. http://www.atheismresearch.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,704,482
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min cpeter1313 330,134
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 min Into The Night 12,198
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 35,538
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,803
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web