Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255231 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#234782 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an equal opportunity skeptic.
I find all religions to be nothing more than organized superstition (for both control and profit).
I post my opinion and comment.
I have no agenda to promote - only religious people, in atheist forums, to taunt!
< sips coffee >
And , yet organized Religion is the bane of organized Government .... < guzzles , Bud lite lime ..

so , organized religion ...means...things are good ..???

This is why Jesus said your foundations are of sand ....you say it , but begin thinking about it ....and , you realize how stupid you are ...
religionislies

London, UK

#234783 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>well . obviously you were manipulated ...to show your bigotry ...
for myself , I suspect you have several "ids" to rely upon ..."religionisillness "...
gotta , hide what a bigot you are .....
Religious liars try to open their mouths again and again in the Atheism forum, but can't produce any evidence of god.

What f*cked up creatures these ignorant idiots really are...waste of humanity - cowards who cannot admit they got it wrong and god isn't real.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234784 Aug 17, 2014
IncreaseThePeace312 wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that lessen his argument? Can you demonstrate that those websites misinterpreted the Bible? Or are you just deflecting attention? LOL.
Since it's not his argument I've chosen to leave it alone. He doesn't know what he's talking about, obviously.
religionislies

London, UK

#234785 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>And , yet organized Religion is the bane of organized Government .... < guzzles , Bud lite lime ..
This is why Jesus said your foundations are of sand ....you say it , but begin thinking about it ....and , you realize how stupid you are ...
No such thing as god - and no evidence presented by the liar-creationists as usual.
religionislies

London, UK

#234786 Aug 17, 2014
Not only are Creationist's cult member's beliefs ignorant and evidenceless - they are ignorant people too - unwilling to understand science, educate themselves out of ignorance.

its almost as though they are proud being stupid.

Why must the Creationist stupidity by tolerated by Atheists?

Las Vegas, NV

#234787 Aug 17, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United Nations granted Israel land it now has and nation status in 1948 in what is now the country of Israel.
72% of the voting nations approved this measure with 28% opposing it back in 1948
This has been 66 years ago. Itís now history and Israel is not going anywhere.
Palestinians could have gained a lot of favor with Israel and the entire world if they would have embraced peace for the last 66 years.
Most of the worlds population is younger than 66 years old. Itís time for those opposing Israel to accept the fact that Israel is here to stay. We can not undo what has been done.
We have a clichť we use in the United States,ďbeing a sore loser.Ē Itís time the sore losers accept the fact they will not be able to change history unless they use the key. And that key is peace. Without peace and acceptance of Israel there will be no changes going forward.
The United States and most of the free world will defend Israel to the death. Palestinians will continue to suffer until they release themselves from terrorism and hoodlum mentality.
We all want to see Palestinians to prosper along with the people Israel. Itís never going to happen with terrorism driving Palestinians.
..who , the fuck gave you a 'star' and 'lightbulb'...??

Israel is stealing land ( settlements ) again and a again ....this , is a religious war ..

Muslims believe what they have conquered belongs to Muslims ,( Andalusia )...good Jews are Zionists ...

I feel if , God wants them dead ...I think , He could do it Himself ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#234788 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as god - and no evidence presented by the liar-creationists as usual.
..except...The utter anger and vitriol ...Atheist , have ....towards ...A MERE MYTH ...

Las Vegas, NV

#234789 Aug 17, 2014
Look , at me I'm am Atheist ....Hercules is FAKE ...I fucking hate , you stupid , stupid , stupid mortals who subscribe to ' fake ' Hercules ..

You have ruined , my life ...and , I will spend my money and time trying to debunk Hercules a myth ...

signed ....an Atheist ..

Las Vegas, NV

#234790 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
Not only are Creationist's cult member's beliefs ignorant and evidenceless - they are ignorant people too - unwilling to understand science, educate themselves out of ignorance.
..well for one ..you believe the Cosmos ' created ' itself '...

I don't subscribe to magic ...sorry Honkey ...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#234791 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
How much does information weigh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234792 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
Look , at me I'm am Atheist ....Hercules is FAKE ...I fucking hate , you stupid , stupid , stupid mortals who subscribe to ' fake ' Hercules ..
You have ruined , my life ...and , I will spend my money and time trying to debunk Hercules a myth ...
signed ....an Atheist ..
http://t.qkme.me/69ef.jpg
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#234793 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>And , yet organized Religion is the bane of organized Government .... < guzzles , Bud lite lime ..
What Jesus is alleged to have said has no meaning for me.

And this should disturb you also... If JC actually said it...

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

Can your God create a wife for himself?
Can he create another God?
Can he commit suicide?
How long did God hang around with nothing on his mind to do except create something, become dissatisfied with it and destroy it like a spoiled child?
is the God of the Jews and the Muslims the Hindus and Buddhists all the same as yours?

Stick with your faith that's about all you've really got to discuss.

Frankly, it is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
Patrick

United States

#234794 Aug 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Piltdown man was faked by a christian fraud but debunked by scientists.
My advice to christian frauds: stop lying.
<quoted text>
Religionisillnes man was faked by an atheist but debunked by comedians. LOL
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#234795 Aug 17, 2014
religionislies wrote:
Why?

Because they are unintentionally funny and we thoroughly enjoy crucifying them on their own cross!
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#234796 Aug 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
666 pounds depending on your available storage.
:-/
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#234797 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, it is hard to believe that someone can live in the age of information and be so out of touch with it.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#234798 Aug 17, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much...

Next?

Las Vegas, NV

#234799 Aug 17, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
..so...you have acrid sense of humor ...:)
With an id , like the Arrakis fremen " Stilgar" ....I'm not surprised ..
Who , doesn't want a Christmas present ..the Jews..??

Las Vegas, NV

#234800 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus is alleged to have said has no meaning for me.
And this should disturb you also... If JC actually said it...
"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26
Can your God create a wife for himself?
Can he create another God?
Can he commit suicide?
How long did God hang around with nothing on his mind to do except create something, become dissatisfied with it and destroy it like a spoiled child?
is the God of the Jews and the Muslims the Hindus and Buddhists all the same as yours?
Stick with your faith that's about all you've really got to discuss.
pretty good , I'm speechless ...THAT , NEVER HAPPENS ....

But , no the God of the Jews , Hindus , Buddhists , Moslems and Prostestant's is not the same God ..

as , you and I will disagree on what freedom means ...both , can not be right ..?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#234801 Aug 17, 2014
number four wrote:
..so...you have acrid sense of humor ...:)
With an id , like the Arrakis fremen " Stilgar" ....I'm not surprised ..
Who , doesn't want a Christmas present ..the Jews..??
I would think an atheist wouldn't want a Christmas present.

As a Christian, I don't want any presents for Ramadan. I don't even know when it is.

But atheists, especially the ones posting here, seem to be obsessed with Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Taneesha Washington 1,382,504
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,139
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr IB DaMann 9,635
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Mon Ceren 39
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 32,265
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun 01niner 201,860
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May 15 Idiots 285
More from around the web