Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#234167 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you think my lack of ability to express myself with clarity, in every post to you, is some sort of technological singularity that you can hone in on?
Are you wearing your donut halo again?
Just go ahead and give us the sum of all time and the final dimensions of the universe.
Are you towing backwards again, counting how far is far? Is there no farther, no I know you don't have a farther.
You are,somewhat confusing in what you present on this matter.

There are glimmers of rationality on occasion, such as what you just posted, but you are coming across as Space Cadet Aura, sophomore class. You are arguing jusf to be arguing. You are trying to make the unknown quanties of finiteness into finite quantities of the unknown you wish to call infinity. It sounds cool and intellectual, or would if done properly.

Yes, there is always something beyond the horizon, but that doesn't make it "an" infinite. Just an unknown. If you can keep walking to it to are within the finite universe. If you can see it on the horizon you are still within the finite. It is just a matter of being sble to measure it. Normally that takes a position where you can "look down" upon it. It is something separate from yourself in some fashion. You are in the middle looking out and over conceptualizing what lies beyond your horizon. There are places on this earth, most in fact, that are beyond your horizon, but they will show up once you can measure the miles to them. Such as in walking, or viewing from an elevation.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#234168 Aug 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are,somewhat confusing in what you present on this matter.
There are glimmers of rationality on occasion, such as what you just posted, but you are coming across as Space Cadet Aura, sophomore class. You are arguing jusf to be arguing. You are trying to make the unknown quanties of finiteness into finite quantities of the unknown you wish to call infinity. It sounds cool and intellectual, or would if done properly.
Yes, there is always something beyond the horizon, but that doesn't make it "an" infinite. Just an unknown. If you can keep walking to it to are within the finite universe. If you can see it on the horizon you are still within the finite. It is just a matter of being sble to measure it. Normally that takes a position where you can "look down" upon it. It is something separate from yourself in some fashion. You are in the middle looking out and over conceptualizing what lies beyond your horizon. There are places on this earth, most in fact, that are beyond your horizon, but they will show up once you can measure the miles to them. Such as in walking, or viewing from an elevation.
The only finite part of the total universe is....your belief that's it's finite.
Everything beyond the cosmological event horizon is at infinite distance, and will forever be beyond our reach. Cosmic censorship , or the speed of light wont let us see space/time that has expanded faster than c.

Location hidden

#234169 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The only finite part of the total universe is....your belief that's it's finite.
Everything beyond the cosmological event horizon is at infinite distance, and will forever be beyond our reach. Cosmic censorship , or the speed of light wont let us see space/time that has expanded faster than c.
This universe is ultimately a product of that infinity, and is thus linked to it in some fashion. A finite does not appear out of a nothing. Don't base your belief in not being able to reach beyond this place on the physical forces as you understand them.

Location hidden

#234170 Aug 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This universe is ultimately a product of that infinity, and is thus linked to it in some fashion. A finite does not appear out of a nothing. Don't base your belief in not being able to reach beyond this place on the physical forces as you understand them.
You may not be a complete dunce after all, well at least you wrote something I completely agree with, with excluding the "Don't base your belief in not being able to reach beyond this place on the physical forces as you understand them" part

There are no beliefs, only knowledge.

Location hidden

#234171 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not be a complete dunce after all, well at least you wrote something I completely agree with, with excluding the "Don't base your belief in not being able to reach beyond this place on the physical forces as you understand them" part
There are no beliefs, only knowledge.
Most "knowledge" is beliefs.

Enough awareness to be able to work with something is the best you can hope for.

Location hidden

#234172 Aug 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most "knowledge" is beliefs.
Enough awareness to be able to work with something is the best you can hope for.
Tards like websters

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kno...
The unbiased like the truth.'

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knowle...

Location hidden

#234173 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Tards like websters
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kno...
The unbiased like the truth.'
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knowle...
The truth would embarass you.

Location hidden

#234174 Aug 3, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth would embarass you.
The truth, blows me off , and makes me satisfied.

Location hidden

#234175 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The truth, blows me off , and makes me satisfied.
You would feel like an idiot if you knew it.

Sport, at least 80% of the living experience is emotions. The rest is trying to overcome them. And usually in error.

Location hidden

#234177 Aug 3, 2014
Funny thing about truth and knowledge that everyone on here will learn if they live long enough.

They will read or watch something about events during their younger years and will scratch their heads saying "I don't remember it that way!". That wasn't the way it was.

Then some youngin on something like this forum will tell them they are stupid because they read things by "experts" that said it was so. Perhaps young scholars that delved into the books and archives of the time.

That will happen in decades. Imagine what happens in centuries.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234178 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you think my lack of ability to express myself with clarity, in every post to you, is some sort of technological singularity that you can hone in on?
Are you wearing your donut halo again?
Just go ahead and give us the sum of all time and the final dimensions of the universe.
Are you towing backwards again, counting how far is far? Is there no farther, no I know you don't have a farther.
I gave you the sum of all time - 13.8 billion years.

You are asking for a sum of future time - something that doesn't exist.

That's the only way you can support your stupid contentions of the infinite - talking about something that does not exist.

I'm talking about reality. You know, "reality", things that exist.

There is no infinity in reality. And there cannot be any.

You keep finding ways to lose the argument.

Location hidden

#234179 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

"faster than c" is still a finite speed.

A finite speed over a finite elapsed time reaches a finite distance.

You have no way around this.

To get to your alleged infinite distance requires either infinite speed, or infinite time, which you do not even allege.

Both are impossible.

So you're out of luck, Spaceboy.

Location hidden

#234180 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the sum of all time - 13.8 billion years.
You are asking for a sum of future time - something that doesn't exist.
That's the only way you can support your stupid contentions of the infinite - talking about something that does not exist.
I'm talking about reality. You know, "reality", things that exist.
There is no infinity in reality. And there cannot be any.
You keep finding ways to lose the argument.
Yeah , you have no future.

Location hidden

#234181 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
"faster than c" is still a finite speed.
A finite speed over a finite elapsed time reaches a finite distance.
You have no way around this.
To get to your alleged infinite distance requires either infinite speed, or infinite time, which you do not even allege.
Both are impossible.
So you're out of luck, Spaceboy.
Faster than light is take a guess...infinite.
The only time faster than light is finite , is when you stick your head up Buck's ass
and holler faster than you can hear it.

Location hidden

#234182 Aug 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Faster than light is take a guess...infinite.
The only time faster than light is finite , is when you stick your head up Buck's ass
and holler faster than you can hear it.
You're nuts.

Faster than light is NOT infinite.

You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Location hidden

#234183 Aug 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nuts.
Faster than light is NOT infinite.
You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
Oh you're right, it's not just infinite, it's impossible.
Impossible for 13.7 billion years is ...infinite.

Location hidden

#234184 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you're right, it's not just infinite, it's impossible.
Impossible for 13.7 billion years is ...infinite.
No it isn't.

Speed is units of distance per unit of time.

To get infinite speed, you need infinite distance divided by some span of time.

You are proposing to prove infinite distance by use of infinite distance.

You're a moron.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234185 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you KNOW they exist!
Wow!
You are lying.
You are also lying about your response to allegations of a god. You did not demand evidence, you demanded to have one shown to you.
Your words were: "show me a god"
By the way, black holes are not a requirement for galactic and universal structure.
You are an idiot.
I know they exist, the evidence is overwhelming – unlike the evidence for god which is actually... now wait a moment... what was that word... hmmmm... oh yes I have it now ... nonexistent.

Wrong, I never demanded anything of you, I asked Dave “Show me a god, or even any evidence of a god then you may actually have an argument,” http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
But in the typical buck manner you cherry pick only what you need to cause an argument – your attitude seems to be “FOOK THE FACTS let’s just go with what helps buck masturbate in his cell at night” and you are still unable to show anything other than your butt crack.

Once again I find your claim fascinating and so did a another quick google, it turns out to be yet another buckism. Black holes are required for galactic stability, without them galaxies (and you) would not exist.

Location hidden

#234186 Aug 4, 2014
Nobody has been and nobody will be around for an infinite amount of time in order to verify the presence of an event horizon and hence the presence of a black hole. Nevertheless, scientists claim that black holes have been found all over the place. The fact is nobody has assuredly found a black hole anywhere – no infinitely dense point-mass singularity and no event horizon. Some black hole proponents are more circumspect in how they claim the discovery of their black holes. They instead say that their evidence for the presence of a black hole is indirect. But such indirect “evidence” cannot be used to justify the claim of a black hole, in view of the fatal contradictions and physically meaningless properties associated wit infinitely dense point-mass singularities and event horizons. One could just as well assert the existence and presence of deep space unicorns on the basis of such indirect “evidence”.
It is also of great importance to be mindful of the fact that no observations gave rise to the notion of a black hole in the first place, for which a theory had to be developed. The black hole was wholly spawned in the reverse, i.e. it was created by theory and observations subsequently misconstrued to legitimize the theory.
Reports of black holes are just wishful thinking in support of a belief; not factual in any way.
-Stephen Crothers

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234187 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"On the one hand I know they exist because their existence is a requirement for universal and galactic structure,"
So, they have to exist. It just has to be so.
This is the same reasoning atheists use to assert abiogenesis...
Life is here, so it had to happen.
The name for this formal fallacy is "Argument from Final Consequences"
Combining two formal fallacies, you have also "Argument from Authority".
Doubling down on fallacy - that's you Chrissy.
More buck pedantries?

Funny how you cherry picked one phrase and ignored the rest. Here let me repeat it for you just in case it’s a selective blindness problem or your deteriorating memory is getting the better of you.
”... because suns close to them are dramatically affected in their movement and that light is bent by their proximity, that gas clouds alter speed while passing such a mass or are swallowed by them and that x ray emissions are millions of times stronger animating from a black hole.”

So contrarily to your black/white selective opinion based on cherry picking and god dunitwiv magic there are several independent and complimentary evidences of black holes.

Just because you want to ignore the evidence because that counters you wet dreams is no one’s problem but your own

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,126,124
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 36 min Trojan 27,922
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Friv4games 306,257
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr black man1 1,521
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Roy the Boy 454
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 5 hr Local man 40
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) 13 hr Geoscientist 50

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE