Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239257 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234289 Aug 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I did not ask who’s bollocks you rested on your chin when you were sucking your cell mates d|ck
Israel uses their weapons to terrorise women and children under UN protection – that is called terrorism and constitutes war crime
Hamas uses their weapons because Israel has displaced them can blockaded them for 8 years causing untold humanitarian suffering and that too is terrorism.
Do you not see there is no difference?
You are using irrelevant mumbo jumbo hear say on the wrong persons... I have never been hurt by a muslim, but BOOM, I cannot say the same for christian terrorists.
Israel blockaded shipments of weapons used to murder their children.

Not enough of Hamas is dead. Israel needs to kill many more.

Even Palestinians recognize Hamas as terrorists, and condemns them.

About the only people who support Hamas terrorism are the people blowing themselves up and you.

Don't blow yourself up. Seek peace.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#234290 Aug 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL godbot ignorance never ceases to surprise me.
1. I have no need to argue that Hitler was christian, the facts are evident. Who a nationalist dictator aligned with has fook all to do with religion. You may note that during WW2, the allied forces aligned with Islamic, Sikh, Hindu forces and more. So are you now saying that the US, who also (eventually) aligned with allied forces is not christian?
2. No I do not ignore the horrific murder of Jews and christians, they are ALL murder. MURDER - recognise the word? But I suppose it’s all fine for you because at the moment it’s you side doing the MURDURING
3. I have never denied that Islamic terrorist use children to hide behind, incidentally so do many christians including some on this forum. As to whether you are ignorant or you are lying I really don’t know and don’t care. The news reported it as the Israeli air force violating the truce and then claiming that the truce did not apply when they killed an 8 year old girl. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mid... - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27152...
4. So this is an excuse to bomb the UN? Right I will remember that next time you are sheltering in a UN sponsored building. And why is it that Palestine cannot afford rocket shelters? Could it be that Isreal has imposed economic sanctions for the last 8 years
5. Oh I agree with you so you are saying that Isreal does not deserve to exist.
6. That was not you question but trust you to be ignorant of what you asked
More KiMare lies and guess work, I do not hate jews, I hate the murderers of women and children who are sheltering under UN protection. But of course trust you to need to lie to big up your delusions.
Honey, I understand that as the Queen of 'rational atheist' oxymorons you are in a difficult place working for Muslims. It requires you to lie and distort more than normal.

The fact is, there is no rational explanation how thousands of missiles killed the shooters instead of Jews. Or tunnels that took years to build were discovered and destroyed days before being used.

Smile.

Location hidden

#234291 Aug 6, 2014
Obama vows to fight Ebola.

...finally found something he's willing to get tough with - a virus.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234292 Aug 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I did not ask who’s bollocks you rested on your chin when you were sucking your cell mates d|ck
Israel uses their weapons to terrorise women and children under UN protection – that is called terrorism and constitutes war crime
Hamas uses their weapons because Israel has displaced them can blockaded them for 8 years causing untold humanitarian suffering and that too is terrorism.
Do you not see there is no difference?
You are using irrelevant mumbo jumbo hear say on the wrong persons... I have never been hurt by a muslim, but BOOM, I cannot say the same for christian terrorists.
Hamas is known by Israel, the United States, Canada, the European Union, Jordan, Egypt and Japan as a known terrorist organization. Even your precious UK knows they're terrorists.

You see them differently? They've had "untold humanitarian suffering"?! That's because they're terrorists. Fooking terrorists.

But counties like Iran, Russia, Turkey and China all agree with you.

Imagine that.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#234293 Aug 6, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamas is known by Israel, the United States, Canada, the European Union, Jordan, Egypt and Japan as a known terrorist organization. Even your precious UK knows they're terrorists.
You see them differently? They've had "untold humanitarian suffering"?! That's because they're terrorists. Fooking terrorists.
Imagine that.
Well they should be like me and say....fck them all , they all are a huge pain in the azz .
CunningLinguist

Inverness, FL

#234294 Aug 6, 2014
Anti-theist wrote:
The claim that Atheism requires as much faith as religion, or in another form, the 'atheism is another form of religion' argument, is ridiculously stupid.
It doesn't require faith to only find true those things that have been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to be true, with the backing of peer reviewed evidence to support them.
Religion and spirituality can't now, and never will be able to give us that.
Religion by definition is "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.".
Atheism is precisely not that. It doesn't take faith to not believe in something, and to state that non-belief requires as much faith as belief is an exercise in moral totalitarianism as much as it is a logical fallacy.
It presupposes that your stance is not only correct, but morally superior, and that puts you in a position where the scientific evidence and the historical and social evidence both stack up against you.
The dominant Abrahamic religions have singularly failed to provide any evidence whatsoever to support their claims that their god, Yahweh, is real, and even their less aggressive devotees still insist on naively attempting to challenge anyone who points that out.
Their more aggressive devotees impose themselves on everyone they meet.
Dawkins pointed it out perfectly, when someone asked him "what if you're wrong?". Your religion is a cultural attachment. If you live in current day North America, you'll likely be christian. If you live in India you may be Hindu, or if you'd been brought up in Denmark in the time of the Vikings you'd have believed in Odin. With all these gods to choose from, and with every religion claiming that their god is the only true god, what if YOU'RE wrong?
Well done!

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
~Isaac Asimov
CunningLinguist

Inverness, FL

#234295 Aug 6, 2014
Anti-theist wrote:
Worth also pointing out that the vast majority of christians have no idea who 'Yahweh' is.
Their own god.
So true.
Few christians have even read the Bible.

It is also worth noting that few can comprehend that Egyptian history holds no record of Moses.

And that very popular Roman god Mithras... still haunts their mythology.
CunningLinguist

Inverness, FL

#234297 Aug 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
He can be quite intelligent (sometimes), certainly above the average level for a godbot. His problem is that he is clueless how to harness that inelegance. Can you imagine where he could go if only he was not so deliberately ignorant?
He is one lonely soul...
His 'world' is Topix.

You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers and whether a person is wise by their questions.

I suspect those that read his posts know the answer to this!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234298 Aug 6, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
So true.
Few christians have even read the Bible.
It is also worth noting that few can comprehend that Egyptian history holds no record of Moses.
And that very popular Roman god Mithras... still haunts their mythology.
Just because the New Atheists swear that Jesus was copied from Mithras doesn't make it true.

This is an ancient argument, going back to the 2nd-century when Justin Martyr accused the Mithraists of imitating parts of Christianity.

Watcha got?
CunningLinguist

Inverness, FL

#234299 Aug 6, 2014
Anti-theist wrote:
The claim that Atheism requires as much faith as religion, or in another form, the 'atheism is another form of religion' argument, is ridiculously stupid.
It doesn't require faith to only find true those things that have been proven beyond all reasonable doubt to be true, with the backing of peer reviewed evidence to support them.
Religion and spirituality can't now, and never will be able to give us that.
Religion by definition is "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.".
Atheism is precisely not that. It doesn't take faith to not believe in something, and to state that non-belief requires as much faith as belief is an exercise in moral totalitarianism as much as it is a logical fallacy.
It presupposes that your stance is not only correct, but morally superior, and that puts you in a position where the scientific evidence and the historical and social evidence both stack up against you.
The dominant Abrahamic religions have singularly failed to provide any evidence whatsoever to support their claims that their god, Yahweh, is real, and even their less aggressive devotees still insist on naively attempting to challenge anyone who points that out.
Their more aggressive devotees impose themselves on everyone they meet.
Dawkins pointed it out perfectly, when someone asked him "what if you're wrong?". Your religion is a cultural attachment. If you live in current day North America, you'll likely be christian. If you live in India you may be Hindu, or if you'd been brought up in Denmark in the time of the Vikings you'd have believed in Odin. With all these gods to choose from, and with every religion claiming that their god is the only true god, what if YOU'RE wrong?
~Isaac Asimov

Location hidden

#234301 Aug 6, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one lonely soul...
His 'world' is Topix.
You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers and whether a person is wise by their questions.
Don't worry that anyone will accuse you of being clever or wise, CuddlingApenis.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#234302 Aug 6, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Obama vows to fight Ebola.
...finally found something he's willing to get tough with - a virus.
Obama's a dumbass. He'll end up bringing back more infected to U.S. Only an idiot would send more people to feed to this infection. There is no immunization against this disease.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#234303 Aug 7, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely there's a place for Thor in this mythology!
Gr8 links!
Thanks
Of course, we can't forget old Thor. Don't want him throwing his hammer @ us.
:-)

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#234304 Aug 7, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!
~Isaac Asimov
That's a great quote.

Location hidden

#234305 Aug 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL godbot ignorance never ceases to surprise me.
1. I have no need to argue that Hitler was christian, the facts are evident. Who a nationalist dictator aligned with has fook all to do with religion. You may note that during WW2, the allied forces aligned with Islamic, Sikh, Hindu forces and more. So are you now saying that the US, who also (eventually) aligned with allied forces is not christian?
2. No I do not ignore the horrific murder of Jews and christians, they are ALL murder. MURDER - recognise the word? But I suppose it’s all fine for you because at the moment it’s you side doing the MURDURING
3. I have never denied that Islamic terrorist use children to hide behind, incidentally so do many christians including some on this forum. As to whether you are ignorant or you are lying I really don’t know and don’t care. The news reported it as the Israeli air force violating the truce and then claiming that the truce did not apply when they killed an 8 year old girl. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mid... - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-27152...
4. So this is an excuse to bomb the UN? Right I will remember that next time you are sheltering in a UN sponsored building. And why is it that Palestine cannot afford rocket shelters? Could it be that Isreal has imposed economic sanctions for the last 8 years
5. Oh I agree with you so you are saying that Isreal does not deserve to exist.
6. That was not you question but trust you to be ignorant of what you asked
More KiMare lies and guess work, I do not hate jews, I hate the murderers of women and children who are sheltering under UN protection. But of course trust you to need to lie to big up your delusions.
Trying to support Hitler and muslim terrorists is tough work for you, Christine.

You can do it. Just hang in there.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#234306 Aug 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel blockaded shipments of weapons used to murder their children.
Not enough of Hamas is dead. Israel needs to kill many more.
Even Palestinians recognize Hamas as terrorists, and condemns them.
About the only people who support Hamas terrorism are the people blowing themselves up and you.
Don't blow yourself up. Seek peace.
Israel blockaded everything including humanitarian and medical aid and then strengthens its position (in your eyes) by murdering children under UN protection and my murdering children under the flag of cease fire.

Of course the methods Hamas use are terrorist, in just the same way as the methods Israel uses, even despite the almost 70 years of enforced oppression and the 8 years of complete blockade, there is no excuse for terrorism – NONE .

Why are you lying? Oh of course the everyday buck black and white scenario. FYI, I do not support terrorism by any faction but I do support humanitarianism and I do support the right for ALL human beings (including children) to live, not just the ones you like.

U.S. Condemns “Disgraceful” Israeli Bombing — Some Of The Harshest American Public Criticism Of Israel Ever

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/us-cond...

Watch: Irish senator condemns Gaza massacre,“Nazi talk” by Israelis
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abuni...

Update: White House Condemns Shelling of United Nations School
http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/07/israel-...

So what’s is like to back the looser – again?

#234307 Aug 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I understand that as the Queen of 'rational atheist' oxymorons you are in a difficult place working for Muslims. It requires you to lie and distort more than normal.
The fact is, there is no rational explanation how thousands of missiles killed the shooters instead of Jews. Or tunnels that took years to build were discovered and destroyed days before being used.
Smile.
Well there you go again. It takes you precisely 3 posts for you to start vomiting your wild lies, guesswork and BS because you have nothing else to give. You are a pathetic lying wanker.

And there is no rational explanation why the Israeli army should choose to murder unarmed civilians including children under the protection of the UN and sheltering in an officially designated and marked building. There is no rational explanation why the Israeli air force should choose to use a US manufactured and supplied F15 to kill an 8 tearold girkl while supposedly under t5he falg of cease fire.

Or perhaps there is an excuse, the excuse of all fanatics, terror

#234308 Aug 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
My goodness, I had no idea to were so frigging brilliant at understatement.

What makes you think I see them differently? The fact that I object to the Israeli army and air force killing unarmed civilians under the protection of the UN? A despicable act that they have for many years been exceptionally good at – i.e. killing unarmed civilians.

The fact that I object to the blockade of humanitarian and medical aid to an impoverished peoples? Please forgive me for being a human being.

Palestinians are not Hamas, the Palestinian people are suffering because Isreal cannot keep a handle of a bunch of terrorist and so chooses terrorism to counter it.

Your are a wild godbot guess merchant, imagine that...

FYI, even the white house has now condemned Israeli actions against UN property, get into the flow and stop giving credence to murdering a$$holes.

#234309 Aug 7, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is one lonely soul...
His 'world' is Topix.
He is not lonely all the time, is it once a week or once a month that his the prison guard lets him have a shower. I have told him repeatedly to stop dropping the soap, he will get himself a bad name. To be honest, I am pretty much convinced that HIV is affecting his ability to think. Either that or deliberate ignorance.

#234310 Aug 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because the New Atheists swear that Jesus was copied from Mithras doesn't make it true.
This is an ancient argument, going back to the 2nd-century when Justin Martyr accused the Mithraists of imitating parts of Christianity.
Watcha got?
I personally think the similarity is to the jesus stories is closer to Horus than Mythras

Nope it does not prove a thing but the fact that the Horus and Mythras stories existed before the jesus stories were compiled is sort of a smoking gun.

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,233,707
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 52 min momma chamberlin 309,895
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 53 min NinaRocks 5,606
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr tom wingo 29,767
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 25 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 May 24 Jeff 1
More from around the web