Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254893 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234493 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All living biological things die. Itís a part of the life cycle that you learned in school. Be it flowers, trees, grass, animals, and humanity thereís will be an end to life and it comes through illnesses.
Illness has a way of taking the cockiness & arrogance out of someone. Putting that aside mankind has made great strides in treating diseases and many diseases are preventable. Man has also had more to do with killing himself than God did.
Some people do a much better job than others in taking care of their body. Some do a very poor job as those who smoke for example. Other examples mans overt use of asbestos pre 1990ís in just about every building product known. Scientist knew it would cause cancer but it was used anyway.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases which could include Ebola & AIDs can be prevented by abiding by the laws of God established in the Old Testament. Lack of discretion and multiple sex partners has killed billions. But you want to blame mans indiscretions on God?
This forum is open to everyone providing they follow Topix rules. You donít own it and I donít own it. God has been worshipped since the beginning of mankind. Adam was the first man and first biologist. Therefore he was the first scientist. You are a descendant of Adam and Noahís children.
I enjoy sparring with Atheist. The downside is most Atheist are predictable and unable to think for themselves. They do a very poor job of reading & comprehending. Very seldom if ever does an Atheist answer a question. The reason? They canít and thatís what makes this enjoyable.
So true.. the religious fail miserably as they have no evidence, but tons of zeitgeist.

I enjoy the rants of those who believe in these superstitions because they are unintentionally funny, and entirely too obtuse to understand.

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
~Isaac Asimov

I have asked these two questions repeatedly - no one has ever answered them and the reason is obvious...

Stump a theist!

Ask them WHY they believe in gods, in particular the Christian one.

Consult your clergy, ask this and report back to this forum the answer you received.

Ask your clergy for evidence that proves your God is the one true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Ask your clergy for evidence that proves your holy book aka The Bible is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with their alleged Holy Book(s).

"God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance."
~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Observable evidence:
If you pray for rain long enough, it eventually does fall. If you pray for floodwaters to abate, they eventually do. The same thing happens in the absence of prayers.

OMG ! is that a miracle or what?
WSH

Atlanta, GA

#234494 Aug 12, 2014
IPSEC wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of like a Christian, eh.
You are exactly why I am completely justified in hating atheists. You are also a reason Hell is as horrible as it is.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#234495 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All living biological things die. Itís a part of the life cycle that you learned in school. Be it flowers, trees, grass, animals, and humanity thereís will be an end to life and it comes through illnesses.
Illness has a way of taking the cockiness & arrogance out of someone. Putting that aside mankind has made great strides in treating diseases and many diseases are preventable. Man has also had more to do with killing himself than God did.
Some people do a much better job than others in taking care of their body. Some do a very poor job as those who smoke for example. Other examples mans overt use of asbestos pre 1990ís in just about every building product known. Scientist knew it would cause cancer but it was used anyway.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases which could include Ebola & AIDs can be prevented by abiding by the laws of God established in the Old Testament. Lack of discretion and multiple sex partners has killed billions. But you want to blame mans indiscretions on God?
This forum is open to everyone providing they follow Topix rules. You donít own it and I donít own it. God has been worshipped since the beginning of mankind. Adam was the first man and first biologist. Therefore he was the first scientist. You are a descendant of Adam and Noahís children.
I enjoy sparring with Atheist. The downside is most Atheist are predictable and unable to think for themselves. They do a very poor job of reading & comprehending. Very seldom if ever does an Atheist answer a question. The reason? They canít and thatís what makes this enjoyable.
"Adam was the first man and first biologist. Therefore he was the first scientist. You are a descendant of Adam and Noahís children."

Hmmm.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#234496 Aug 12, 2014
WSH wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also a reason Hell is as horrible as it is.
You post as if you have experience. I disagree in that you have no clue on where, what or why "Hell" exists - if it does.

Please provide your link that substantiates your claim that "Hell is horrible".
- claiming such nonsense to cause reaction and fear is not really helping others overcome personal difficulty.

Please be specific with your citation, and be sure to include the person you are quoting.

Thanks!

“The Bible is no science book”

Location hidden

#234497 Aug 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's a dumbass. He'll end up bringing back more infected to U.S. Only an idiot would send more people to feed to this infection. There is no immunization against this disease.
There may not be a vaccine, but the two people brought here are getting better because there are people who have had ebola and survived. They make a serum of the antibodies in their blood and give it to the ones ill. Those antibodies boosts their own immune system to fight the virus.
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#234498 Aug 12, 2014
WSH wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly why I am completely justified in hating atheists. You are also a reason Hell is as horrible as it is.
Hmm

Who taught you this?

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

You realize that your god is actually a sadistic cretin who enjoys peeping on people in hell, it really pisses Satan off. That's because God won't let him look at the 72 virgins in paradise.

Thank you for sharing your mythology...

Location hidden

#234499 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for Atheist.
When someone close to you such as a family member or close friend dies suddenly why bother grieving?
Do you grieve when your grass is cut?
If you are an Atheist thereís no difference between cut grass and the loss of a loved one. Both are cut down in the prime of their life. Both have no afterlife according to Atheist.
In order for people to grieve they must have loved. And love is a religious term and experience. Atheist experience natural selection and natural lust but not love because they donít believe in love.
If youíre a family member of an Atheist or married to one. Itís nice to know that you arenít loved and never were loved. If you suddenly and unexpectedly die itís also uplifting to know that youíre no more than a blade of grass that has been cut down to wither away.
Atheist canít love and Atheist canít grieve unless of course theyíre really not Atheist.
Your comment?
This has to be the most stupid reply on Topix. You must live on a different planet from the rest of us. Why do you Christians grieve, since you think the dead are moving on to be with god? Shouldn't you be celebrating? Shouldn't you just commit suicide so you can be with them and god?

As an atheist, I grieve because I will never see my loved one again. And don't you dare insult another human by saying they are no more than grass clippings. Love did not begin with Christians. Love is universal on this planet no matter your religion or lack of one.

You are just the most ignorant out of bunch.

Location hidden

#234500 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
What is ďGrandiosity?Ē
Answer:
The unrealistic sense of superiority.
A sustained view of oneself as better than others.
What is Pathological Grandiosity?
Answer:
The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.
The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognize his/her limitations.
The person has grandiose fantasies.
The person believes that he/she does not need other people.
The person overexamines and downgrades other people, projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.
The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.
The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.
The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiosity
Atheism = Pathological Grandiosity
What a coincidence, you just described yourself.

Location hidden

#234501 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe in a book that says a 25,000 pound Tyrannosaurus was playing basketball then jumps, grows wings and turns into a bird.
A horse runs into the ocean and becomes a 50 ton whale.
And all life self started when lightning struck a puddle of mud.
A hummingbird evolved from pot belly pigs.
Scooter, your book is a hell of a lot more far fetched than ours.
Take your skate board back home. You have a game of angry birds waiting for you.
Wow, its obvious you have never cracked open a science book. Sorry you got all F`s in school. But it was your own fault. You could have read a sentence or two and learned more than you are showing on this forum.

Location hidden

#234502 Aug 12, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ebola has nothing to do with sex. You can catch it from handling a dead body. Or a sick child. You have a sick mind.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234503 Aug 12, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to believe that USA has the right to take whatever land it wishes from around the world and make bases out ot them as it pleases. And just where did you get this idea? And you still wonder why most people from around the world dislike, or downright hate good ol' USA? How would you feel if China did just that in Hawaii or Alaska?
Yeah, people around the world dislike the U.S. till they need us to pull their ass out of the fire.

If China wants Alaska or Hawaii let 'em try to take it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234504 Aug 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
The oceans are made out of 2 parts hydrogen (the most abundant element in the universe) to one part oygen, i,e, H2O (water), they contain about 3.5% salts and around 80 other chemical elements including uranium and gold.
http://www.seafriends.org.nz/oceano/seawater....
But if you want to go diving into a pool full of sodium chloride in the name of your god then go for it, donít forget your hardhat.
Oceans have saltwater?

Wow!

No substitute for research! You are amazing!
Patrick

United States

#234505 Aug 12, 2014
US film and stage actress Lauren Bacall has died at the age of 89.

Her Hollywood career spanned seven decades, with a memorable debut aged 19 opposite her future husband, Humphrey Bogart, in To Have and Have Not.

More than 50 years later, The Mirror Has Two Faces earned her a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award nomination.

Born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1924, she went on to become one of cinema's biggest stars, best known for her husky voice and smouldering looks.

A Twitter account of the Bogart estate, run by Bacall's son, tweeted: "With deep sorrow, yet with great gratitude for her amazing life, we confirm the passing of Lauren Bacall."

She reportedly died after suffering a major stroke at home in New York.

Bacall was awarded an honorary Oscar in 2009 in recognition of "her central place in the golden age of motion pictures".

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234506 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no!
Oh no what? It is oh yes that you lie, there is no argument required for that, the evidence is in you posts.

And it is oh yes that you have lost any credibility you ever thought you had. Not that you ever had much in the first place but hey ho... when you become a buck clone this is what you have to expect.

#234507 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence that E=MC2 proves God cannot be omnipotent?
In the maths and in the definition

Did your home school education omit maths and English because they were irrelevant to the babble?

#234508 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumcision is a medical procedure, not genital mutilation.
Get a grip.
Circumcision is a procedure performed on the male genital area, it has very little medial use except in the case of Paraphimosis, Balanitis, UTI, STI and cancer. Its religious or cultural usage has nothing to do with any of these conditions. It mainly remains a religious or cultural procedure so are you saying all Hebrews and Muslims suffer from infection at birth?

You are in need of some more homeschooling.

P.S. you also need to consider it from the religion point of view Ė If your god the creator did not want men to have foreskins why did he arrange that every male was born with a foreskin?
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#234509 Aug 13, 2014
The US runs on tips.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumcision is a procedure performed on the male genital area, it has very little medial use except in the case of Paraphimosis, Balanitis, UTI, STI and cancer. Its religious or cultural usage has nothing to do with any of these conditions. It mainly remains a religious or cultural procedure so are you saying all Hebrews and Muslims suffer from infection at birth?
You are in need of some more homeschooling.
P.S. you also need to consider it from the religion point of view Ė If your god the creator did not want men to have foreskins why did he arrange that every male was born with a foreskin?

#234510 Aug 13, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are quite a few Roman historians that wrote about Jesus.
Were they in the Bible, Chrissy?
There is one passage in Antiquities of the Jews, a work by Josephus that is shown to be a forgery.

Tacitus referred to the execution of a person, named christus sometime around 80 or 90 years after the execution Ė wow

Pliny (about 100 years after jesus) said that the christ cult of Hebrews met once a week to sing to Christ, they also stated that they should never do wicked deeds or to lie. What happened?

After that we are getting into 200/300 years after events.

There are far more references to Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera/Panthera/Pandera (spellings change from hand written copy to hand written copy) being mentioned as the father of the prophet Yeshu ben Pantera (you know him as jesus) in the Tanakh and in roman military texts, I have even seen his gravestone.

Father of jesus?... documented accounts of jesus father from multiple sources (including the Tanakh from which your OT was selectively cloned) as a roman soldier of Greek descent who raped a Hebrew women named Mary (who in turn cried god dunit to escape stoning) and then was transferred to Germany as punishment.... But I thought you guys claim jesus was the son of your god?

#234511 Aug 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine sees no difference in an appendectomy and being run-through with a wooden stake.
Buck see not difference between booing as lying moron and a godbot of little intelegence

#234512 Aug 13, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only war crimes involved in this conflict are by Hamas.
That's what muslims do. That's their reason to exist.
Israel has shown incredible restraint, and superb humanitarianism.
Netanyahu should get the Nobel Prize for Peace.
Hold your breath till Israel is convicted of something.
Start now.
You opinion is rejected by the rest of the world.

The fact that war crimes ďchargesĒ are even being considered is telling enough.

So you are again saying that the reason for all Americans to exist is to fail at robbing banks?

You bigoted fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 51 min Three Days 310,968
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,544
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web