Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256101 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#234219 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you chose a new logical fallacy - The Genetic Fallacy.
And you threw in a pinch of Appeal to Authority.
Keep posting Christine. You will eventually cover all of them.
You are delusional

#234220 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't funny the first 10 times you said it.
I have told you 10 million times to stop exaggerating.

I have not used the word narcissist in relation to you before that post... ever.

As to you being and egotestical (correct spelling) moron, there is nothing funny about mental disability

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#234221 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not used the word narcissist in relation to you before that post... ever.
As to you being and egotestical (correct spelling) moron, there is nothing funny about mental disability
"The absence of event horizons means that there are no black holes, in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape,"

-Stephen Hawking

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#234222 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
Haha. Do you have one of those Topix Atheist! irony meters?

Location hidden

#234223 Aug 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
She uses it for a vibrator.

Bet she got a surge that time.

Say, Stig. Can you tell me what it means when someone says, "There are no black holes"?

Is he saying there ARE black holes?

#234224 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"The absence of event horizons means that there are no black holes, in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape,"
-Stephen Hawking
Cherry picked irrelevance – here is the full paragraph – again...

The absence of event horizons mean that there are no black holes - in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape to infinity. There are however apparent horizons which persist for a period of time. This suggests that black holes should be redened as metastable bound states of the gravitational field. It will also mean that the CFT on the boundary of anti deSitter space will be dual to the whole anti deSitter space, and not merely the region outside the horizon.

#234225 Aug 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, when it’s in from the repair shop – problem is that butt crack keeps breaking it

#234226 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
She uses it for a vibrator.
Bet she got a surge that time.
Say, Stig. Can you tell me what it means when someone says, "There are no black holes"?
Is he saying there ARE black holes?
More buck lies and guesswork based bucks famous masturbation technique. i.e. bang head on wall repeatedly until his ears ejaculate.

Wassup you favourite hiv carrier not in the showers to fook your butt today?

Say buck can you tell me why you repeatedly misrepresent a person by deliberately cherry picking from their written work and taking what you cherry pick oput of context. Is it because you really are an ignorant prat or is it because you just do not understand written English?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#234227 Aug 4, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd prefer not to hear about all your experiences in mens' rooms, ShirtUp.
lol - you funny honey and could you please tell kait that i'm not holding any ill feelings against her and hope she doesn't me either?;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234228 Aug 4, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool... than to speak up and remove all doubt.
It is quite obvious you know nothing about Einstein.
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein
"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein
"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein
Next?
those who know math don't necessarily know God - the great topix Waaasssuuup

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#234229 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, when it’s in from the repair shop – problem is that butt crack keeps breaking it
hhhiiiiiii chrissy!:-)
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#234230 Aug 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissist? Wow I just thought he was an egotestical (correct spelling) moron. ;-)
I prefer not to insult morons with Buck.

I find it entertaining to watch him run around in circles daily.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings...
She ain't done singing and we keep buck dancin n dancin!

Every forum needs a fool... he's ours.
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#234231 Aug 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
those who know math don't necessarily know God - the great topix Waaasssuuup
Christian Mythology doesn't understand math.

Examples
1+1+1=1
0+0=something

Have you ever wondered how many light-years God just sat around thinking about doing something until he came up with your religions idea?

If there are no other gods this would be like being in solitary confinement would not?

Nothing to do but stare outside your own mind. I guess he got lonely or bored.

And decided to take his anger out with his creations.

He's even lousy at fatherhood.
Look how he treated his son!

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#234232 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that stupid?
You just shuffled your "infinity" back to the end of the equation. You inserted infinity into the conclusion by inserting it into the premise.
Your theory now takes this form:
1. The universe expanded at an infinite rate because dividing infinite distance by 13.8 billion years = infinite speed.
2. The universe expanded to infinite distance because infinite speed x 13.8 billion years = infinite distance.
You prove the infinite universe by inserting it in the proof.
No ... a swing and a miss.

It's like this, Expansion at greater than the speed of light , creates a infinite distance between matter and energy and the expansion of space/time itself.
Even if you can calculate the distance as being a finite distance between the expansion and the observer , that rate cannot be matched, by any means.
So the distance between them is infinite.
In the case of our universe, inflation and then expansion caused a singular point to become the observable universe , but the universe expanded from an infinite number of points around it's horizon. All the equations are finite , but general relativity can make a finite distance infinite because of E=MC2 .

To compound this problem the expansion has occurred so fast , that future time exists way beyond our light horizon. It has already taken place , but because of the celestial speed limit, we cannot observe it till the light reaches us. But there is also a limit to what will ever be observed, that is the cosmological event horizon, and everything beyond that point.
Is absolutely beyond the largest number we can ever count to.
Therefore it is at infinity, and there is nothing you can do to change that.
Patrick

United States

#234233 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
-Stephen Hawking
LOL

Republican critics of Obamacare rose up in anger today, claiming that, after two months of fixes, the healthcare.gov Web site is now “unacceptably fast.”

Leading the howls of protest was the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who accused President Obama of designing a Web site that operates at a “blistering, breakneck speed.”

“With pages loading in milliseconds, this Web site is insuring people before they know what hit them,” Rep. Issa charged.“Clearly, this is what the President and his team had in mind.”

Additionally, Rep. Issa said, at such high speeds “it is questionable whether this Web site is even safe for consumers to use, particularly the elderly.”

The California Republican said he would call for hearings this week to investigate the dangerous new velocity of healthcare.gov , telling reporters,“If anyone can slow this thing down, it’s me.”
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#234234 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No ... a swing and a miss.
It's like this, Expansion at greater than the speed of light , creates a infinite distance between matter and energy and the expansion of space/time itself.
Even if you can calculate the distance as being a finite distance between the expansion and the observer , that rate cannot be matched, by any means.
In the case of our universe, inflation and then expansion caused a singular point to become the observable universe , but the universe expanded from an infinite number of points around it's horizon. All the equations are finite , but general relativity can make a finite distance infinite because of E=MC2 .
To compound this problem the expansion has occurred so fast , that future time exists way beyond our light horizon. It has already taken place , but because of the celestial speed limit, we cannot observe it till the light reaches us. But there is also a limit to what will ever be observed, that is the cosmological event horizon, and everything beyond that point.
Butt Crack is a waste of time to reason with,
He's only here trying to irritate others bc if he tried that in real life someone would slap some sense into his silly head real quick
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#234235 Aug 4, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Butt Crack is a waste of time to reason with,
He's only here trying to irritate others bc if he tried that in real life someone would slap some sense into his silly head real quick
You should feel sorry Buck... what life does he have outside of topics?

One day mental institutions will prevent their patients from using the computer room.

Buck is paving the way for new regulations.

Location hidden

#234236 Aug 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No ... a swing and a miss.
You are ill.

What is the largest number before infinity?

Why can't you add one more to it?

Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahhahahahahahhahahaahhahahh ahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha hhaha....

Location hidden

#234237 Aug 4, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
You should feel sorry Buck... what life does he have outside of topics?
One day mental institutions will prevent their patients from using the computer room.
Buck is paving the way for new regulations.
That's "Topix".

Thought you would have caught that.

You are a moron.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#234239 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ill.
What is the largest number before infinity?
Why can't you add one more to it?
Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahhahahahahahhahahaahhahahh ahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha hhaha....

Every number added together, is still too short, but........ that's the point buckster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,405,850
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web