Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233749 Jul 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Those radical Islamists wouldn't be running riot in Iraq now, if it wasn't for the 2003 invasion.
Haha.
Patrick

United States

#233750 Jul 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Those radical Islamists wouldn't be running riot in Iraq now, if it wasn't for the 2003 invasion.
President Bush gave German Chancellor Angela Merkel a public impromptu back rub.(July 2006)

President Obama tapped German Chancellor Angela Merkel phone.

It is a wonder that Germany is still in NATO.

Since: Apr 14

Sabana Grande, Puerto Rico

#233751 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can't measure an infinity, if you could it would in fact be a finite value.
I'm not contradicting myself, we are talking about a paradoxical event.
The only radius to the universe is time like horizon between what is observable and what is not observable. The space beyond that is at an infinite radius, hence the infinite flat model.
You can't say the universe has a radius of x distance because it's radius is infinite.
There is no "space" outside the universe. That is why light cannot propagate beyond the limits of the universe. To speak of the "radius" of the "space" beyond the universe makes absolutely no sense because such "space" does not exist. And, by the way, the observable universe is FINITE!

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#233752 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Yes, it's obvious that one lead to the other.

When there is trouble in Muslim countries like Iraq, the radical Islamists come to the forefront. The same happened with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233753 Jul 28, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an improper analogy.
An individual's property is quite different from a nation.
It is the same with respect to the right to decide who enters.

Location hidden

#233754 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post.
But you didn't make it, someone else did it for you.
I get it.

"You didn't build that"

Location hidden

#233755 Jul 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he? Fox News reported a story from the El Paso Intelligence Center about a DEA led questioning of 230 illegal immigrants as to why they've come here. You staunchly dismissed the entire point simply because you saw "Fox"....
No soup for you!
The nerve of Fox - reporting accurately facts that are detrimental to the liberal story line.

Location hidden

#233756 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush gave German Chancellor Angela Merkel a public impromptu back rub.(July 2006)
President Obama tapped German Chancellor Angela Merkel phone.
It is a wonder that Germany is still in NATO.
Obama learned about it on the news.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#233757 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it that way.

I'm with John Locke.

I believe in a social contract as the foundation of a society.

It's a whole 'nuther thing from your house.

Instead of lashing out at me, think about it.

Location hidden

#233758 Jul 28, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "space" outside the universe. That is why light cannot propagate beyond the limits of the universe. To speak of the "radius" of the "space" beyond the universe makes absolutely no sense because such "space" does not exist. And, by the way, the observable universe is FINITE!
Anything physical is finite.

His argument is if you can't measure something, it's infinite.

He's wrong. An infinity would be infinite in any of its parts. If there is such a thing in the universe as finite distance, the radius cannot be infinite.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#233759 Jul 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you now Heaven is hell and Hell is heaven! Did you Know Former Pres. Jimmy Carter talked about USA = Satan! Bahhzaaaaa

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233760 Jul 28, 2014
hpcaban wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond the observable universe you idiot, but if you had been following our conversation..
you would know what was said.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233761 Jul 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
When there is trouble in Muslim countries like Iraq, the radical Islamists come to the forefront. The same happened with the Taliban in Afghanistan.

There have been a war involving radical Islamist and other factions in Iraq ..for thousands of years. The fact we were there, only changed it for a decade. Saddam fought Iranians in a
Muslim vs Muslim war and The Kurds fought Shiite Muslims in a civil war. There was never a time when they (Islamic extremist's) weren't present. I agree that the fighters in the east are like a school of fish that go to wherever there's a feeding frenzy though. But again that isn't Americas fought, nor us what they are doing now.

I suspect Russia is behind it, they even warned us.

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#233762 Jul 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been a war involving radical Islamist and other factions in Iraq ..for thousands of years. The fact we were there, only changed it for a decade. Saddam fought Iranians in a
Muslim vs Muslim war and The Kurds fought Shiite Muslims in a civil war. There was never a time when they (Islamic extremist's) weren't present. I agree that the fighters in the east are like a school of fish that go to wherever there's a feeding frenzy though. But again that isn't Americas fought, nor us what they are doing now.
I suspect Russia is behind it, they even warned us.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens, with ISIS on the warpath now. To think that area was once the Cradle of Civilization.
Patrick

United States

#233763 Jul 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq-Syria is a case in point.
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#233764 Jul 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had my way no man guilty of golf would be eligible to any office of trust or profit under the United States....."
H.L. Mencken
"Since the early days,[the church] has thrown itself violently against every effort to liberate the body and mind of man. It has been, at all times and everywhere, the habitual and incorrigible defender of bad governments, bad laws, bad social theories, bad institutions. It was, for centuries, an apologist for slavery, as it was an apologist for the divine right of kings." ~H.L Mencken

"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable ... A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass: he is actually ill." ~H.L. Mencken

"God is the immemorial refuge of the incompetent, the helpless, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in His arms, but also a kind of superiority, soothing to their macerated egos; He will set them above their betters." ~H.L. Mencken

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration--courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth." ~H.L. Mencken

Location hidden

#233765 Jul 29, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it that way.
I'm with John Locke.
I believe in a social contract as the foundation of a society.
It's a whole 'nuther thing from your house.
Instead of lashing out at me, think about it.
The social contract says we are a sovereign nation.

"independent authority and the right to govern itself"

We control our borders, not Mexico, Honduras, or Guatemala.

You control the borders of your home, not the people across the street.

Location hidden

#233766 Jul 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since the early days,[the church] has thrown itself violently against every effort to liberate the body and mind of man. It has been, at all times and everywhere, the habitual and incorrigible defender of bad governments, bad laws, bad social theories, bad institutions. It was, for centuries, an apologist for slavery, as it was an apologist for the divine right of kings." ~H.L Mencken
"Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable ... A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass: he is actually ill." ~H.L. Mencken
"God is the immemorial refuge of the incompetent, the helpless, the miserable. They find not only sanctuary in His arms, but also a kind of superiority, soothing to their macerated egos; He will set them above their betters." ~H.L. Mencken
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration--courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth." ~H.L. Mencken
Obviously, when church groups adopt handicapped orphans, it's a power trip.

Mencken was a fool.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233767 Jul 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing, you appear to worship the words of a man that believes the undisciplined inner brat of mankind should be allowed to run wild.
Patrick

United States

#233768 Jul 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Occasionally funny ....During the Great Depression, Mencken did not support the New Deal. This cost him popularity, as did his strong reservations regarding U.S. participation in World War II, and his overt contempt for President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Portlandia 1,155,674
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 28,453
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 4 hr ivyawe 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 307,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Bently 201,187
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 22 hr Lora_14 10
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Wed IBdaMann 2,731
More from around the web