Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#233587 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
As U.S. law defines refugees, none of the illegal aliens flooding in from Central America are refugees.
That is assuming U.S. law means a damn thing to the present administration.
Obama is considering becoming "Coyote-'n-Chief". He wants to have taxpayers fund plane loads of immigrants hauled from Central America directly, cutting out the middle-man.
No wonder. He taught "Constitutional Law".
I think the most powerful nation on Earth should go to the UN General Assembly and say,

"Hey, forget Israel and Hamas. Forget Ukraine and Russia.

We're being invaded by CHILDREN !!!!"

No?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233588 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"another infinity"
"future infinities"
"a greatly delayed future infinity, or even none at all"
"we would see something infinite"
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-deprogram...
But I suggest you, or rather your family members, get professional help. You may have a hard wiring issue.
Nice one, Dave. The infinite universe offers infinite fruit for mockery.

One physical infinite quantity of one physical element would prohibit the possibility of any other element existing. Where could it be? Yet, if the universe is infintie, we would have multiple infinite elements.

"In contrast to the potential infinity, all the elements of an actually infinite (= transfinite) set are assumed to exist together simultaneously as a completed totality. The term 'transfinite' ought to be used instead of 'actually infinite' to denote the transfinite sets, because the set-theoretical notion of actual infinity has got nothing to do with actualization in nature."

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki10...

For any existing physical phenomenon (distance in the expanding universe, for example), to count or categorize or subtract any portion,(1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet,...) is to reduce the potency of the remaining quantity.

To assert the infinite universe is to say that the counting or subtracting does not reduce the potency of the remaining quantity that exists at this moment. It is to say that "out there" is this physical quantity that is not diminished by subtraction.

This is to say, essentially, that the universe is not physical, but simultaneously say that it is physically infinite.

Impossible self-contradiction.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233589 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the most powerful nation on Earth should go to the UN General Assembly and say,
No?
But then again it doesn't look like anyone is doing much about any of it.

Location hidden

#233590 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No?
No, I think the most powerful nation on earth has laws, or it doesn't.

Those laws allow the nation to set the rules for who walks into the country, and who doesn't. We have such laws.

Our system of laws allows for laws to be changed by "the people".

Nowhere does it allow they be changed by Barack Hussein Obama and Valerie Jarrett.

Location hidden

#233591 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No?
Obama's creation of poverty hasn't proceeded fast enough to suit him.

So he's importing it.

Location hidden

#233592 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again it doesn't look like anyone is doing much about any of it.
I hope the number of potential refugees is not infinite.

Bwahahahahahhahahahahahahhahha hahaaaaa

Because, as you know, if we can't count them, they are infinite.

Bwahahahhahahahhahaaaaaa....

Location hidden

#233593 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one, Dave. The infinite universe offers infinite fruit for mockery.
One physical infinite quantity of one physical element would prohibit the possibility of any other element existing. Where could it be? Yet, if the universe is infintie, we would have multiple infinite elements.
"In contrast to the potential infinity, all the elements of an actually infinite (= transfinite) set are assumed to exist together simultaneously as a completed totality. The term 'transfinite' ought to be used instead of 'actually infinite' to denote the transfinite sets, because the set-theoretical notion of actual infinity has got nothing to do with actualization in nature."
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki10...
For any existing physical phenomenon (distance in the expanding universe, for example), to count or categorize or subtract any portion,(1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet,...) is to reduce the potency of the remaining quantity.
To assert the infinite universe is to say that the counting or subtracting does not reduce the potency of the remaining quantity that exists at this moment. It is to say that "out there" is this physical quantity that is not diminished by subtraction.
This is to say, essentially, that the universe is not physical, but simultaneously say that it is physically infinite.
Impossible self-contradiction.
Mathematical and philosophical definitions as well as the intuitions that drive them do not apply to the universe when we have to account for cosmological infinities , which are a result of space/time and general relativity.

"Long ago, Roger Penrose made a conjecture that's known as cosmic censorship.[It says] that if singularities or infinities were to form in the Universe and nothing could stop them, then they would always be trapped within these horizons. There can't be what people call "naked" singularities, so you can't have an infinity that affects us on the outside. In various cases this is proved, but it's far from being proved in general; it's a very difficult mathematical problem."

http://plus.maths.org/content/do-infinities-e...

Location hidden

#233594 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think the most powerful nation on earth has laws, or it doesn't.
Those laws allow the nation to set the rules for who walks into the country, and who doesn't. We have such laws.
Our system of laws allows for laws to be changed by "the people".
Nowhere does it allow they be changed by Barack Hussein Obama and Valerie Jarrett.
Laws. I think the enforcement is the issue, yes?

It's illegal to exceed the posted speed limit.

It's illegal to roll through a STOP sign.

Let's call up the National Guard to patrol traffic laws, Mr. Perry.

Take up a collection. Build a fuckinwall, Mr. Wilson.

Do we still own those internment camps?

Location hidden

#233595 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's creation of poverty hasn't proceeded fast enough to suit him.
So he's importing it.
I'm doing OK with my finances.

How bout you?

Where I live we have these things called schools. There are people there who are willing to teach things to those who have yet to learn.

It's enriching. You should try it.

Location hidden

#233596 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws. I think the enforcement is the issue, yes?
It's illegal to exceed the posted speed limit.
It's illegal to roll through a STOP sign.
Let's call up the National Guard to patrol traffic laws, Mr. Perry.
Take up a collection. Build a fuckinwall, Mr. Wilson.
Do we still own those internment camps?
You are a river of stupidity.

Enforcement of traffic signs were not weighty enough to make it into the U.S. Constitution.

Protection of the border did.(Article IV; Section IV)

You might also look up the purpose of the National Guard.

Location hidden

#233597 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing OK with my finances.
How bout you?
Where I live we have these things called schools. There are people there who are willing to teach things to those who have yet to learn.
It's enriching. You should try it.
Congratulations, and none of your business, and that is irrelevant to the discussion.

Location hidden

#233598 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a river of stupidity.
Enforcement of traffic signs were not weighty enough to make it into the U.S. Constitution.
Protection of the border did.(Article IV; Section IV)
You might also look up the purpose of the National Guard.
Don't care about the National Guard.

Invasion. Article IV; Section IV

We're being invaded by CHILDREN.

Send the National Guard, quickly !!!!

Location hidden

#233599 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, and none of your business, and that is irrelevant to the discussion.
I think you brought up poverty.

How is our wealth irrelevant?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#233600 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did NOT ride on the backs of dinosaurs, and Jesus is not real.

There's no such thing as god, go home buck, nobody believes your fairytale myth and science sh*ts on your ignorant beliefs every day. Go home and good luck to you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233601 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
No?
Yeah. Someone else's little darlings.

Third worlders don't have the same set of values your privileged little ass grew up with. They grab what they can. You WILL be competing with them. The open floodgate doesn't allow for them to be assimilated as when the influx was controlled.

Location hidden

#233602 Jul 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care about the National Guard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hkg-bzTHeAkXX
Invasion. Article IV; Section IV
We're being invaded by CHILDREN.
Send the National Guard, quickly !!!!
Screw the guard , they belong defending their home states against any invading politicians like Nancy Peskylosis. and Bama Jama the jelly monster, or even that moron Kerry the Johnson licker. They should stop that John Boner from speaking in any house too!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233603 Jul 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Mathematical and philosophical definitions as well as the intuitions that drive them do not apply to the universe when we have to account for cosmological infinities , which are a result of space/time and general relativity.
"Long ago, Roger Penrose made a conjecture that's known as cosmic censorship.[It says] that if singularities or infinities were to form in the Universe and nothing could stop them, then they would always be trapped within these horizons. There can't be what people call "naked" singularities, so you can't have an infinity that affects us on the outside. In various cases this is proved, but it's far from being proved in general; it's a very difficult mathematical problem."
http://plus.maths.org/content/do-infinities-e...
Blowing bubbles.

There is an old mystic religious belief of the Judaic sort that says this existence is in an empty husk where we are protected from the outside and the outside is protected from us.

That was long before modern physics.

But your littlle bubble is not protected from me.:-)

Location hidden

#233604 Jul 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the number of potential refugees is not infinite.
Bwahahahahahhahahahahahahhahha hahaaaaa
Because, as you know, if we can't count them, they are infinite.
Bwahahahhahahahhahaaaaaa....
Is there an event horizon around the invading influx of illegal immigrants?
Because if you can count them, they can't possibly be infinite.

Location hidden

#233605 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Someone else's little darlings.
Third worlders don't have the same set of values your privileged little ass grew up with. They grab what they can. You WILL be competing with them. The open floodgate doesn't allow for them to be assimilated as when the influx was controlled.
I was born in Korea, Dave.

I'm Chinese.

I'll compete with them if you give them a chance.

That's all they need. That's all any of us need.

You can't stop migration. You just can't.

You need to learn to deal with it or be pushed out. That's what it's about, right?

You're afraid.

Fear is your enemy. It's your nemesis. Face it and be about your way.

Location hidden

#233606 Jul 27, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowing bubbles.
There is an old mystic religious belief of the Judaic sort that says this existence is in an empty husk where we are protected from the outside and the outside is protected from us.
That was long before modern physics.
But your littlle bubble is not protected from me.:-)
Protection from you , involves a HAZMAT suit and a pair of large tongs , a mop, lots of rags and plenty of disinfectant and access to a large dumpster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Bruin For Life 28,468
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,155,916
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Phil Donahue 307,086
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr litesong 2,740
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 9 hr best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 23 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Bently 201,187
More from around the web