Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258515 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233965 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear your 100-year old underground pipes out there in Cal are breaking every day.
Flooded Pauly's Pavilion.
Wish you had spent some money on that instead of taking care of illegal mexicans?
Forget the pipes.

We have a great pursuit going on. The guy drove like a maniac, with bullet holes through his windshield, then ran down a steep hillside in Malibu. About 40 law enforcement vehicles are there, the guy finally gave up and is lying there but it's hard to get to him. That's the sort of Socal evening news we've come to know and love.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#233966 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time is the time from beginning to now.
That is the time in which you claim the universe became infinite.
You claim the universe is infinite RIGHT NOW, not in some future time.
Do I have to keep explaining your own case for you?
Here's a question for you:
At what point in time does time move from finite to infinite?
I'll give you a hint.
Never.
Yes if you sit in the back facing backwards, you can count exactly how far you been.
But if you ever get to drive the ship, you will be seeing where you will get to in the future.
The past time is no more valid than the future time.
It's just a matter of perspective.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#233967 Jul 30, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>

ATHEISTS DON"T HAVE A BELIEF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacie...
..except , in the natural selection ....

Atheists ,,,ARE RELIGIOUS .....!

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233968 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear your 100-year old underground pipes out there in Cal are breaking every day.
Flooded Pauly's Pavilion.
Wish you had spent some money on that instead of taking care of illegal mexicans?
To respond more directly to your post:

One pipe, but yes, serious damage.

Pauley Pavillion.

Central Americans mostly, few Mexicans.

Viva California!!

Like Randy Newman sang it, I Love L.A.!!!
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#233969 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
13.8 billion years. And counting.
Now it's 13.8 billion years and a few seconds.
It is finite. And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite.
And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite.
And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite. And now it is still finite.
And now it is still finite...
And always will be.
Is there something else I can help you with?
..oh , my gosh ..you stupid ass ..Can "we" reach the border ..........

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233970 Jul 30, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I admire your courageous battle with this Robo poster... do you teach kindergarten by chance?
Buck is beyond bizarre; which I find to be basically unworthy of comment to feed his narcissism.
There is another poster that tops Mr. Crick!
'John' on the thread : atheists on the march in America.
Another case study of severe mental illness caused by religious madness.
unintentionally funny!
That was funny?

Thanks for telling us.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#233971 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>

Here's a question for you:
At what point in time does time move from finite to infinite?
I'll give you a hint.
Never.
you're kind of like the little girl ...

exactly , where does the boundary ..end ...??

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#233972 Jul 30, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I admire your courageous battle with this Robo poster... do you teach kindergarten by chance?
Buck is beyond bizarre; which I find to be basically unworthy of comment to feed his narcissism.
There is another poster that tops Mr. Crick!
'John' on the thread : atheists on the march in America.
Another case study of severe mental illness caused by religious madness.
unintentionally funny!
I'm trying to teach him that you can not only scratch out the days on the cell wall you have been there, but you can also count ahead to the day you get out, and beyond.
So far he only see days past, he has no future.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#233973 Jul 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yo even Buck...isn't that stupid.
..touch'e...

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#233974 Jul 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes if you sit in the back facing backwards, you can count exactly how far you been.
But if you ever get to drive the ship, you will be seeing where you will get to in the future.
The past time is no more valid than the future time.
It's just a matter of perspective.
There is no future time.

When you look from the ship to see where you will go in the future, you are looking at distance of the landscape, or seascape.

You are not looking at time. You cannot see time.

Time only quantifies the occurence of events.

It's also finite.

You are not equipped to discuss these matters.

Catcher1

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233975 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no future time.
When you look from the ship to see where you will go in the future, you are looking at distance of the landscape, or seascape.
You are not looking at time. You cannot see time.
Time only quantifies the occurence of events.
It's also finite.
You are not equipped to discuss these matters.
Time is just a place.

A convergence.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#233976 Jul 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to teach him that you can not only scratch out the days on the cell wall you have been there, but you can also count ahead to the day you get out, and beyond.
Wrong.

You cannot count future time. You can count a projection of time in the future by use of time in the past and present. But your projection is not time. It is an expectation or a forecast of time that might become.

An expectation is a mental construct. Counting what is expected is not counting what is.

The future has not happened. Time occurs as it happens.

You can count the inches past the top of a post. But you are not counting the post.
CunningLinguist

Howey In The Hills, FL

#233977 Jul 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
His future only exists here on topix.

What a lonely childlike soul he is; wasting away his life in this forum, commenting on anything and everything desperately seeking attention.

Gradeschool level mentality.

Superb at copy paste without even the slightest understanding of what he pasted.

The rebel without a clue!

And a mouth that could use a big bar of Ivory soap inserted horizontally.

He's already foaming, courtesy of you!
Patrick

United States

#233979 Jul 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like your doctor and your health plan you can keep them.
One party voted for that right. One party voted to revoke it, while promising to keep it.
Fill in the blanks, you dumbass.
President Bush, who four years ago couldn’t identify a single mistake by his administration, on Monday ticked off a list of its shortcomings and disappointments, ranging from failures to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to its oft-criticized response to Hurricane Katrina.

And in his 50th and final solo White House press conference, the president said his successor, Barack Obama, will feel the weight of the presidency and the nation’s safety on his shoulders. He also spoke of making his wife, Laura, coffee on his first morning out of office.

Mr. Bush displayed flashes of remorse, wit and humor when discussing missteps such as the Abu Ghraib prison scandal in Iraq,

his attempt to overhaul Social Security rather than take on immigration reform in 2005,

and the unfurling of a “Mission Accomplished” banner on an aircraft carrier shortly after Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was toppled.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#233980 Jul 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't understand how those observations and logic are created on an initial arbitrary basis. One man makes the model others follow and are obliged to use in trying to build upon it, or translate their own interpretations. It is s tangled web we weave in the pursuit of knowledge snd understanding.
So, have you decided which part of you gets the plastic first?
??? Your absence seems to have allowed your brain to atrophy

“Perhaps you don't understand how those observations and logic are created on an initial arbitrary basis.”– why do you have difficulty understanding the words OBSERVATION and LOGIC? Surely they are not that too difficult to understand?

Perhaps you don’t understand how the scientific method works. One man (or team) makes the model and others follow trying to break the model, if it is broken then they either start all over again using different parameters or they consider it a dead horse.

I don’t need plastic, I prefer the real thing,

“Be strong ...”

#233981 Jul 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
does this mean that you WON'T be my lil kneegrow babe?:-(
btw - i like your icon indicating that you give good skull!;-)
So you can provide no evidence about your claims – fair enought

My icon is real and factual evidence that you godbots are lying, funny how you never even noticed that eh?

“Be strong ...”

#233982 Jul 31, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
using your own logic - if you think that 13+ billion years of history can be proven by using a measuring system that's less than 100 years old, you're the biggest godbot of all godbots!!!;-)
The age of the complimentary measuring system(S) has nothing to do with the accuracy of the measuring system(S)- or perhaps you can show an alternative scenario using ancient and complimentary measuring systems that can be validated with observed facts?

And I love you avatar that indicates you are crap in bed

“Be strong ...”

#233983 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Whether there is an omnipotent god has nothing to do with quantity of energy.
It's a fallacy of reasoning called "non sequitur".
Although yours doesn't rise to the level of a formal fallacy because it is so prima facia stupid.
Watching you be stupid is fun.
Even more fun is how you are so happily stupid.
I should have dismissed you long ago when you claimed Stalin was a Christian and the Pope is an atheist.
You reasoning and understanding of words is flawed – and of course your understanding of what constitutes energy is way off mark

Stalin was christian, there is no doubt, you may not like it, many American christians and other godbot types may not like it but it is fact

And I really do not understand why you continue your lies about the pope being atheist but then I consider that you claim youtube is proof of god, that infinite apples exist and that genital mutilation is fine for christians and Jews but not for Muslims and it all makes sense – you are a confused moron who has to lie to make any sense to himself

“Be strong ...”

#233984 Jul 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it's her brain. She'll never miss that part.
From what I read on another thread (and medical calculations) your brain box if full of flab.

Obesity is a killer, or did you not realise that?

“Be strong ...”

#233985 Jul 31, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!
That was really good.
It’s so funny that you can laugh at impossibilities and guesswork – could explain your faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min Ghey Ghost 1,747,186
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min American Independent 337,251
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Chosen Traveler 35,818
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Mothra 12,337
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2