Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#233415 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>An infinitesimal is infinitely small, Buck.
You are speaking incoherently. He beat the shit out of you.

Tell us, oh in the know one, just where does the infinitestimal become finite enough to measure?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233416 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Aura Mytha wrote:
"An immeasurably small thing became an immeasurably large thing."
Aura Mytha wrote:
"...it was infinite the whole time."
----------
Bwahahahhahahahahahhahahhahaha hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahhahahahhah....whoa.
----------
Buck: "A finite cannot become infinite by addition"
Aura: "It started infinite"
Buck: "But Big Bang theory says it started small"
Aura: "That's right. It started infintesimally small"
Buck: "But a small finite cannot become infinite by addition"
Aura: "It started infinite"
Buck: "You said it started very small. How can it be very small but extend an infinite distance?"
Aura: "Because you can't measure it"
Buck: "What if you had an infinitely long measuring tape?"
Aura:...scratches his head...
Making sht up doesn't help you.
Infinitely small and infinitly large have something in common, gee I wonder what that is?
In the universe case, an infinitesimal is infinitely small , infinitely dense and infinitely hot and with infinite mass is what became the observable universe.
But you can't say there were not an infinite number of infinitesimals.
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#233417 Jul 24, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
willfully ignorant in your case, is that you're here to attack Christianity rather than Islam or Judaism or Taoism.....
Atheism requires as much faith as religion.(Thread title in Atheism forum)

Why are you Christian in a atheist forum.

Having a few doubts about your faith.

You are here to demean, prothelitize, and ridicule atheists.

Visit religious forums, join Christian mingle , and revel in your mutual fantasies.

"I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life... our desire to go on living... our dread of coming to an end." ~Thomas Edison

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain

Location hidden

#233418 Jul 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking incoherently. He beat the shit out of you.
Tell us, oh in the know one, just where does the infinitestimal become finite enough to measure?
Theoretically the Planck length, bit we can't measure anything even that small.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length

Location hidden

#233419 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Making sht up doesn't help you.
Infinitely small and infinitly large have something in common, gee I wonder what that is?
In the universe case, an infinitesimal is infinitely small , infinitely dense and infinitely hot and with infinite mass is what became the observable universe.
If it is dense it has volume that can be measured. Mass is notorious for having volume. If it can be measured it is finite.

Why don't you just admit infinite is something beyond your ability to identify instead of representing it as a something of value?

You are trapped in math sophistry. Welcome to modern math head physics. You can find the exit door by dropping a hammer on your toe.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#233420 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Visit religious forums, join Christian mingle , and revel in your mutual fantasies.
"I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life... our desire to go on living... our dread of coming to an end." ~Thomas Edison
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." ~Mark Twain
i'm here to reveal that there is no such thing as 'atheism'; there's only gaytheism, which is a religion of satanic origin:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#233421 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - why quote ignorant dead people to the informed and living???

"i cannot believe that self-righteous people like tommy ed and mark 'the gay' twain would endevour to speak on things they cannot possibly explain" - the great 'wasup' of topix!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233422 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Making sht up doesn't help you.
That doesn't help you. The extent in distance of the "infintessimal" would be 0.

The "infinitely small" has to expand to reach infinitely large - according to your assertion of the universe infinite in dimension.

It doesn't matter where you start to expand. The expansion occurs for 13.8 billion years, and you say it reaches infinite distance.

So,....

What is the rate of expansion required to reach infinite distance in 13.8 billion years?

You can start at "infinitely small" if you like. Start anywhere you want.

"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinite

What is "A"?

Location hidden

#233423 Jul 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is dense it has volume that can be measured. Mass is notorious for having volume. If it can be measured it is finite.
Why don't you just admit infinite is something beyond your ability to identify instead of representing it as a something of value?
You are trapped in math sophistry. Welcome to modern math head physics. You can find the exit door by dropping a hammer on your toe.
You again are here pronouncing the ability to do what is beyond the ability of science.
You are trying to tell me a universe in a infinitesimal state of existence , in which time nor space has yet to exist can be given a finite mass.The volume of a infinitesimal is so small it cannot be measured, it effectively cannot be distinguished from zero.

Location hidden

#233424 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't help you. The extent in distance of the "infintessimal" would be 0.
The "infinitely small" has to expand to reach infinitely large - according to your assertion of the universe infinite in dimension.
It doesn't matter where you start to expand. The expansion occurs for 13.8 billion years, and you say it reaches infinite distance.
So,....
What is the rate of expansion required to reach infinite distance in 13.8 billion years?
You can start at "infinitely small" if you like. Start anywhere you want.
"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinite
What is "A"?
A is infinite but compressed very small, A expands for 13.8 billion years, A is infinite.
There was nothing before A , There is nothing outside of A, There is nothing else to compare A to at any given point in space/time. 13.8 billion years ago a square mile was infinitely smaller.

Location hidden

#233425 Jul 24, 2014
http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-wea...

Those pesky perturbations of our lovely gravity based stable math head universe.

I miss those discussions with Bit Twiddler.

You have to understand how electromagnetic induction works to realize its universal effect in forming masses and reactions between them.

Location hidden

#233426 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You again are here pronouncing the ability to do what is beyond the ability of science.
You are trying to tell me a universe in a infinitesimal state of existence , in which time nor space has yet to exist can be given a finite mass.The volume of a infinitesimal is so small it cannot be measured, it effectively cannot be distinguished from zero.
The BBT, according to NASA, started off with a particle a few millimeters in diameter.

That is a finite amount. Some say even larger particles.

That is the basis of YOUR theories.

Location hidden

#233427 Jul 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The BBT, according to NASA, started off with a particle a few millimeters in diameter.
That is a finite amount. Some say even larger particles.
That is the basis of YOUR theories.
But this particle , when it became measurable in terms we can understand.
Existed when there was nothing to measure it against in comparison.
At the time the entire universe a few millimeters in diameter was all there was, and in effect was everything there is now. But when it started, time did not yet exist the way we know it either.

Prior to the expansion period, the inflaton field was at a higher-energy state.
Random quantum fluctuations triggered a phase transition whereby the inflaton field released its potential energy as matter and radiation as it settled to its lowest-energy state.

**This action generated a repulsive force that drove the portion of the universe that is

*observable

to us today to expand from approximately 10&#8722;50 metres in radius at 10&#8722;35 seconds to almost 1 metre in radius at 10&#8722;34 seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflaton

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233428 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A is infinite but compressed very small, A expands for 13.8 billion years, A is infinite.
There was nothing before A , There is nothing outside of A, There is nothing else to compare A to at any given point in space/time. 13.8 billion years ago a square mile was infinitely smaller.
"A" is the rate of expansion.

"A" x 13.7 billion = Infinite distance.

I figured out the problem. I've been arguing with a complete idiot.

Never mind.

Work on figuring out the size of those infinitely small square miles.

....why did I bother.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233429 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
At the time the entire universe a few millimeters in diameter was all there was, and in effect was everything there is now. But when it started, time did not yet exist the way we know it either.
You have strange beliefs.

What time was the universe a few millimeters in diameter?

Location hidden

#233430 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"A" is the rate of expansion.
"A" x 13.7 billion = Infinite distance.
I figured out the problem. I've been arguing with a complete idiot.
Never mind.
Work on figuring out the size of those infinitely small square miles.
....why did I bother.
You cant help yourself , the expansion rate is not measurable in terms like you want .
It was called the inflationary epoch, a point I've been trying in some detail to explain , that you are ignoring. After that it is presumed to slow down to more a measurable constant.
But it was recently discovered it is not only increases with distance, but increasing over time.

Location hidden

#233431 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
But this particle , when it became measurable in terms we can understand.
Existed when there was nothing to measure it against in comparison.
Prior to the expansion period, the inflaton field was at a higher-energy state.
Random quantum fluctuations triggered a phase transition whereby the inflaton field released its potential energy as matter and radiation as it settled to its lowest-energy state.
**This action generated a repulsive force that drove the portion of the universe that is
*observable
to us today to expand from approximately 10&#8722;50 metres in radius at 10&#8722;35 seconds to almost 1 metre in radius at 10&#8722;34 seconds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflaton
Inflation field?

What do you mow those with? They do have to occupy a pre-existing dimension. Read volume or space.

Random fluctuations ain't gonna happen without something to fluctuate and something to modify it.

I think you are playing this by ear.

Location hidden

#233432 Jul 24, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You have strange beliefs.
What time was the universe a few millimeters in diameter?
Big bang theory 101 dude. Not a belief , it is a hypothesis of the big bang theory.
Get your education in order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Approximately 10-^37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.

Location hidden

#233433 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:

Big bang theory 101 dude. Not a belief , it is a hypothesis of the big bang theory.
Get your education in order.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Approximately 10-^37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused a cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.
Haha. "Get your education in order, here's Wikipedia."

C'mon dude. 10-^37 seconds is an infinitesimal amount of time, not even calculable today. How the hell is it supposed to calculated 13.8 billion years in the past?

Also, how much did the universe expand between 10-^37 seconds and 10-^38 seconds? Then from 10-^38 seconds to 10-^39 seconds? We should "know" this, yes?

Location hidden

#233434 Jul 24, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
Inflation field?
What do you mow those with? They do have to occupy a pre-existing dimension. Read volume or space.
Random fluctuations ain't gonna happen without something to fluctuate and something to modify it.
I think you are playing this by ear.
Do you think women are magical creatures?

I mean, they get wet without water, bleed without injury, give milk without eating grass, and can make a boneless meat rock hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,125,423
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min Mychihuahuawillbite 306,229
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 33 min Becky 449
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr lizard 1,504
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr R TRUTH 27,913
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE