Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247497 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#233538 Jul 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Poly said the number of bacteria on earth is infinite.
Poly said you can divide a 10' stick into infinite segments of positive length.(that would fill the entire solar system with wood)
Poly said the only test for death is rotting of the corpse.
Poly is an idiot. So are you.
...WHOA ..

"Buck CricK'....this was a bit brutal .... "Poly , just wanted a cracker ..."

Las Vegas, NV

#233539 Jul 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think women are magical creatures?
I mean, they get wet without water, bleed without injury, give milk without eating grass, and can make a boneless meat rock hard.
..Well...OBVIOUSLY ...Women are witches ..!

So " yes " ...I concur ..Women ' are ' magical creatures ..

But , hey " Why , can't Women sleep on their sides ..?... Because , they don't have ' kickstands '..

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233540 Jul 25, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..WHOA..!
I'm impressed ...You're damn lucky you are a Man , because if a Women posted 'this' I'd be sending her all kinds of pictures of my 'goodies'...(read)..penis ..
It's like we're on a balloon , everything is moving away from one another in the same direction
Inverse square laws concerning gravity and magnetism would have a serious problem. As would the calculations used by them to come up with this.

Las Vegas, NV

#233541 Jul 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Adolph Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Which side gets the blame for their crimes?
..It should fall , to the Christians ...

The Nazis and the Communists ..did , the killing ..

but , in the very same vein , who put and end to their crimes ....?

( only the Shadow knows )

Las Vegas, NV

#233542 Jul 25, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Inverse square laws concerning gravity and magnetism would have a serious problem. As would the calculations used by them to come up with this.
..WHOOSH...!

Right over my head ...

But , just so I don't look dumb ...Yeah , I know ..right ..

But , to "Aura Mytha"s credit ..He claimed , these physicalities ..are mashed and unrecognizable ..

If time , gravity and magnetism are compressed and made solid ...WHAT THE FUCK ..AM I LOOKING AT ..??
Patrick

United States

#233543 Jul 25, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..It should fall , to the Christians ...
The Nazis and the Communists ..did , the killing ..
but , in the very same vein , who put and end to their crimes ....?
( only the Shadow knows )
"Lamont Cranston" OK

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#233544 Jul 25, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..WHOOSH...!
Right over my head ...
But , just so I don't look dumb ...Yeah , I know ..right ..
But , to "Aura Mytha"s credit ..He claimed , these physicalities ..are mashed and unrecognizable ..
If time , gravity and magnetism are compressed and made solid ...WHAT THE FUCK ..AM I LOOKING AT ..??
http://vimeo.com/61809538

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233545 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
With people like Rick Perry, they must be desperate. Don't they know the majority of their candidates are laughing stocks?
Compare the record in Texas under Perry with 6 years under Obama.

Every time Perry leaves the state, a half-dozen companies follow him home.

You are a moron.

Location hidden

#233546 Jul 26, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a magic poof, eh?
Seeds have to expand, and get an elevated temp, before they start to grow.
Where did the heat come from? Where did it go? Heat can only be transmitted in space as light.
It is the atheists' version of a creation myth.

"Let there be space"

It even has it's own "eternity" - infinity.

"Goddiddit for atheists"

At least creationists are coherent enough to invoke the supernatural.

Location hidden

#233547 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You without a doubt, have proven infinite density.. can be manifested around a being.
And then some..
I missed something in your description of the expansion of the universe.

I apologize.

You claim a physical entity went from "infinitely small to infinitely large".

I said, incorrectly, this requires traversing an infinite distance with addition, which is impossible.

Actually, it requires TRAVERSING 2 INFINITE DISTANCES!!!

It would have to expand one infinite distance to arrive at a measureable finite.

Then, it would have to traverse a second infinite distance to become infintely large in extent.

You have 2 IMPOSSIBLE PROPOSITIONS, not one.

Adding finites endlessly results in larger and larger finites.

Sorry for giving you more credit than you deserved.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233548 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed something in your description of the expansion of the universe.
I apologize.
You claim a physical entity went from "infinitely small to infinitely large".
I said, incorrectly, this requires traversing an infinite distance with addition, which is impossible.
Actually, it requires TRAVERSING 2 INFINITE DISTANCES!!!
It would have to expand one infinite distance to arrive at a measureable finite.
Then, it would have to traverse a second infinite distance to become infintely large in extent.
You have 2 IMPOSSIBLE PROPOSITIONS, not one.
Adding finites endlessly results in larger and larger finites.
Sorry for giving you more credit than you deserved.

So say's the idiot that has no clue what general relativity and event horizons mean.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#233549 Jul 26, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..WHOA..!
I'm impressed ...You're damn lucky you are a Man , because if a Women posted 'this' I'd be sending her all kinds of pictures of my 'goodies'...(read)..penis ..
It's like we're on a balloon , everything is moving away from one another in the same direction
Why would you be such a jerk as to send pictures of your genitalia? Do you really think women like to see your dong?

Or is it you are like an animal pissing on stuff to show your dominance? And want the women to know you are full of it.

You must be such a good Christians for those thoughts and actions.

Location hidden

#233550 Jul 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So say's the idiot that has no clue what general relativity and event horizons mean.
If you think general relativity or event horizons involve physical infinity in any way whatsoever, you are the one who has no clue about it.

Location hidden

#233551 Jul 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why would you be such a jerk as to send pictures of your genitalia?
I would have to take 2 pictures and put them together.
Patrick

United States

#233552 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to take 2 pictures and put them together.
The war between Congress and the White House took a turn for the worse on Friday as House Republicans sought to prevent President Obama from ordering new office supplies.

The House panel that mandated the office-supply freeze denied that it was politically motivated, citing “budgetary concerns.”

“It’s time President Obama learned a tough lesson,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters.“Being President does not entitle you to a spending spree at Staples.”

At the White House, the President blasted the Republicans’ move to strip him of legal pads, pencils, and other office essentials, calling it “just their latest attempt to keep me from doing my job.”

In an Oval Office appearance, a visibly irritated President Obama showed reporters a nearly empty supply cabinet and said,“They have manufactured this crisis,” noting that he will be out of paper clips and Post-its by August.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#233553 Jul 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think general relativity or event horizons involve physical infinity in any way whatsoever, you are the one who has no clue about it.
Cosmological infinities

Another type of infinity arises in gravitation theory and cosmology. Einstein's theory of general relativity suggests that an expanding Universe (as we observe ours to be) started at a time in the finite past when its density was infinite — this is what we call the Big Bang. Einstein's theory also predicts that if you fell into a black hole, and there are many black holes in our Galaxy and nearby, you would encounter an infinite density at the centre. These infinities, if they do exist, would be actual infinities.

http://plus.maths.org/content/does-infinity-e...

You should stick to football and the constitution, Goofus.

Location hidden

#233554 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
The war between Congress and the White House took a turn for the worse on Friday as House Republicans sought to prevent President Obama from ordering new office supplies.
The House panel that mandated the office-supply freeze denied that it was politically motivated, citing “budgetary concerns.”
“It’s time President Obama learned a tough lesson,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters.“Being President does not entitle you to a spending spree at Staples.”
At the White House, the President blasted the Republicans’ move to strip him of legal pads, pencils, and other office essentials, calling it “just their latest attempt to keep me from doing my job.”
In an Oval Office appearance, a visibly irritated President Obama showed reporters a nearly empty supply cabinet and said,“They have manufactured this crisis,” noting that he will be out of paper clips and Post-its by August.
If he hadn't shredded the Constitution, he would have something to write on.

...if he can write.

“Follow the Dream”

Since: Feb 14

Land of Oz

#233555 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
Patrick

United States

#233556 Jul 26, 2014
cretin56 wrote:
<quoted text>Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
If I had my way no man guilty of golf would be eligible to any office of trust or profit under the United States....."
H.L. Mencken

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#233557 Jul 26, 2014
cretin56 wrote:
Did they take his golf clubs,too? What is this world coming to?lol
They should take his golf clubs until he starts doing his damn job.

Presidential "time out" is in order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min THE DEVIL 1,277,191
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 29,948
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr litesong 6,910
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr Pastor Pete 201,864
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web