Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233377 Jul 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Nut Case :-)
Turns out --Todd Akin-- isn t sorry after all for his legitimate rape comments and stands by them.
The former congressman, who lost the 2012 Senate race in Missouri, has written a book that Politico previewed on Thursday.
By asking the public at large for forgiveness, Akin writes in the book, I was validating the willful misinterpretation of what I had said.
Akin, a conservative Republican locked in a tight race with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, said in a TV interview in summer 2012 that he believes pregnancy can be prevented by a woman involved in legitimate rape because the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
The firestorm was intense, with criticism coming from top Republicans as well as Democrats. GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney called Akin s comments offensive and wrong and called on him to quit the Senate race. Akin apologized, saying he made a very, very serious error and noted he wasn t the first politician to suffer from foot in mouth disease.
But McCaskill capitalized on the comment in her campaign ads and on the trail, and she easily won a second term and defeated Akin by 16 percentage points.
According to Politico s account of the book, Akin basically is standing by his original comments and blaming the news media for his downfall.
My comment about a woman s body shutting the pregnancy down was directed to the impact of stress on fertilization. This is something fertility doctors debate and discuss, Akin writes. Doubt me? Google stress and infertility, and you will find a library of research on the subject.
Hey, Fatprick, I don't have time to read that whole post right now.

But I promise I'm going to come back and read the whole thing.

I don't want to miss a word.

Please don't think I'm going to forget and not read it.

It's very important to me.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#233378 Jul 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If this argument were a prize fight, it would have been stopped in the first round.
But you insist on me bloody-ing you for several rounds.
You need a doctor. And lots of ice.
You should not have tried to go up in weight class.
Face the eternal fact, aghast and without a doubt, you will never be able to be on my level . Monkey brains.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#233379 Jul 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they didn't have the imagination he was looking for.
You said excitement. I said intelligent company. There is a difference.
Besides, watching lizards devour each other can get old on the excitement level, particularly if he could only watch them and not feel the action.
..whoa.You are totally outside your bounds ...( do you enjoy athletics )..?

Watching two ton reptiles , ripping into one another .. better , than the best boxing match you've ever seen ...

pretty , sure God has the empathy ..If He deigned to give it to you ....

Las Vegas, NV

#233380 Jul 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Face the eternal fact, aghast and without a doubt, you will never be able to be on my level . Monkey brains.
..ah , personal insults ....I guess , this means , you have bested "Buck CricK " ..in your cerebral debate ..

Las Vegas, NV

#233381 Jul 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Fatprick,.
..Hi....What if you can never reach the border , what if the Cosmos ' just ' keep expanding ....

Not ' infinity '...because it's expanding , but it's never going to stop ...?

Is there a ' word '..??...quasi infinite ..?

(sorry , bout calling you a Muslim ...but , I'm quite positive you have thick skin ..)

Las Vegas, NV

#233382 Jul 23, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
There is a msjor fallacy in modern cosmology that can easily be disproven by math and modern physics. The creation of stars just from gravity.
Once you had space created you had room to expand. The negative charge about the newly formed atoms would never let gravity alone ignite the mass into fission or fusion. You would just have an ever expanding globe of gas seeking equilibrium. That gloular shape is caused by that seeking equilibrium. But the gravity does compact and create a sort of anvil for an external force of sufficient speed and mass, or wave of energy, to start the process. Inertia locks it down so atoms can start to be split, which then detonates the surrounding area.
..soo..What kind of energy , is this DARK matter/energy ..

I'm just asking for your guess ...If you would deign to guess ..

Anti gravitons ..?..some kind of organism ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#233383 Jul 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Pi is not a physical phenomenon. It is a mathematical concept expressing a mathematical relation between two mathematical values. Infinity is useful in mathematics.
Show an example of a physical infinite.
..hey , I was just trying to show , that infinity can exist ..

a physical infinite ...!?

Just , cause we can't see it ...does , that mean it doesn't exist ..?
CunningLinguist

Mount Dora, FL

#233384 Jul 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
But but he is. If not stupid, why is he always in jail, or as of now, stuck at home with an ankle alarm? What ever he does to break the law, he gets caught. He has no self control cause he want to solve every problem with his fists. What is so intelligent about that? Sounds pretty stupid to me. If he had half the brain he claims he has, he could be rolling in dough legitimately.
Who cares?

He or she is a Robo poster with nothing to do... useless as an ashtray on a bicycle.

Rampant narcissism at play... Why others continue to feed this fragile ego is beyond me.

You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers.
You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.

Location hidden

#233385 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Face the eternal fact, aghast and without a doubt, you will never be able to be on my level . Monkey brains.
You are correct. I will never be on your level.

I probably was once. In early infancy, or perhaps as a fetus.

"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity

What is "A"?

Location hidden

#233386 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hi....What if you can never reach the border , what if the Cosmos ' just ' keep expanding ....
Not ' infinity '...because it's expanding , but it's never going to stop ...?
Is there a ' word '..??...quasi infinite ..?
(sorry , bout calling you a Muslim ...but , I'm quite positive you have thick skin ..)
There is not a word for continuing to expand.

Physicists use "infinte" in place of not having a word.

The argument, which I successfully destroyed, is that the expansion has NOW traversed an infinite distance.

Impossible. "Infinite" is "that which cannot be reached".

Reaching that which cannot be reached is contradictory.

Thus, "infinite distance" itself is an oxymoron.

Nothing physical can be infinite.

"The notion of a completed infinity doesn't belong in mathematics; infinity is merely a figure of speech which helps us talk about limits"
-German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss

Location hidden

#233387 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..hey , I was just trying to show , that infinity can exist ..
a physical infinite ...!?
Just , cause we can't see it ...does , that mean it doesn't exist ..?
The only existence of infinity is in theoretical math.

Theoretical math is not physical.

Therefore, physical infinity does not exist.

Even in math, infinity is not actually represented, but only symbolically represented.

Infinity is a symbolic concept; an idea; an abstraction.

It has no representation in reality.

Real mathematicians know this.

"The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite is solely that of an idea."
-David Hilbert

Location hidden

#233388 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>

Who cares?

You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.
Like "who cares"?

Bwahahahahahahaahhahahahaaaaa. ...

Thanks, ComingPissFace, for caring enough to tell us you don't care.

Bwhahahhahahahahahahahahhaha.. .

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233389 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..soo..What kind of energy , is this DARK matter/energy ..
I'm just asking for your guess ...If you would deign to guess ..
Anti gravitons ..?..some kind of organism ...?
Space in motion. Such as the current of a magnetic flux. I've posted a lot about that in the past.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#233390 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I will never be on your level.
I probably was once. In early infancy, or perhaps as a fetus.
"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity
What is "A"?
Time is only a part of the equation Buck, one that can be manipulated, bent twisted and stopped entirely. You will never achieve the level .

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#233391 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..ah , personal insults ....I guess , this means , you have bested "Buck CricK " ..in your cerebral debate ..
Sauce for the goose, my friend.
CunningLinguist

Apopka, FL

#233392 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Like "who cares"?
Bwahahahahahahaahhahahahaaaaa. ...
Thanks, ComingPissFace, for caring enough to tell us you don't care.
Bwhahahhahahahahahahahahhaha.. .
No I don't care about one single poster on this public thread. And in particular useless people like yourself.

It's always indicative of how smart person is by the language that they use .
Childish insults seem to be about all you have - yawns

Your life has been a failure by your own admissions and continues to decline.

Have you considered surrendering your body for medical experiments ? I believe that's the only thing it is good for.

The truth may set you free but first it'll really piss you off.

I believe it's time for you to return to your useless posting, get typing everyone looks forward to seeing another 8000 entries from you.

Feed that massive ego - create your own thread. Call it 'bad shit crazy.'

Your fan club will respond to you!
Conversely Your Absence from this thread will be greatly appreciated.

Location hidden

#233393 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is only a part of the equation Buck, one that can be manipulated, bent twisted and stopped entirely. You will never achieve the level .
You forgot to tell us what "A" is.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#233395 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to tell us what "A" is.
Infinitesimal, unmeasurably or infinitely small.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233396 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't care about one single poster on this public thread. And in particular useless people like yourself.
It's always indicative of how smart person is by the language that they use .
Childish insults seem to be about all you have - yawns
Your life has been a failure by your own admissions and continues to decline.
Have you considered surrendering your body for medical experiments ? I believe that's the only thing it is good for.
The truth may set you free but first it'll really piss you off.
I believe it's time for you to return to your useless posting, get typing everyone looks forward to seeing another 8000 entries from you.
Feed that massive ego - create your own thread. Call it 'bad shit crazy.'
Your fan club will respond to you!
Conversely Your Absence from this thread will be greatly appreciated.
I have a question for you.

Take two prople that survived to old age. One followed the expectations established for him by the current society, the Well Respected Man of that old song. The other bruised and battered and very experienced in the emotions of life. The uppers and the downers of it. Let's say they tasted a lot of it flavors.

Then they both die.

Which was the failure?

Location hidden

#233397 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Infinitesimal, unmeasurably or infinitely small.
I see.

That makes the equation "infintesimally small" x 13.8 billion = Infinity

No, that makes no sense.

Try again.

"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity; where "A" is average rate of expansion, 13.8 billion years is the elapsed time.

I have given you plenty of time to work on this.

Is there a problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,220,565
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr OzRitz 5,303
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr John-K 309,688
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web