Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256546 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

CunningLinguist

Clermont, FL

#233384 Jul 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
But but he is. If not stupid, why is he always in jail, or as of now, stuck at home with an ankle alarm? What ever he does to break the law, he gets caught. He has no self control cause he want to solve every problem with his fists. What is so intelligent about that? Sounds pretty stupid to me. If he had half the brain he claims he has, he could be rolling in dough legitimately.
Who cares?

He or she is a Robo poster with nothing to do... useless as an ashtray on a bicycle.

Rampant narcissism at play... Why others continue to feed this fragile ego is beyond me.

You can tell whether a person is clever by their answers.
You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233385 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Face the eternal fact, aghast and without a doubt, you will never be able to be on my level . Monkey brains.
You are correct. I will never be on your level.

I probably was once. In early infancy, or perhaps as a fetus.

"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity

What is "A"?

Location hidden

#233386 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hi....What if you can never reach the border , what if the Cosmos ' just ' keep expanding ....
Not ' infinity '...because it's expanding , but it's never going to stop ...?
Is there a ' word '..??...quasi infinite ..?
(sorry , bout calling you a Muslim ...but , I'm quite positive you have thick skin ..)
There is not a word for continuing to expand.

Physicists use "infinte" in place of not having a word.

The argument, which I successfully destroyed, is that the expansion has NOW traversed an infinite distance.

Impossible. "Infinite" is "that which cannot be reached".

Reaching that which cannot be reached is contradictory.

Thus, "infinite distance" itself is an oxymoron.

Nothing physical can be infinite.

"The notion of a completed infinity doesn't belong in mathematics; infinity is merely a figure of speech which helps us talk about limits"
-German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss

Location hidden

#233387 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..hey , I was just trying to show , that infinity can exist ..
a physical infinite ...!?
Just , cause we can't see it ...does , that mean it doesn't exist ..?
The only existence of infinity is in theoretical math.

Theoretical math is not physical.

Therefore, physical infinity does not exist.

Even in math, infinity is not actually represented, but only symbolically represented.

Infinity is a symbolic concept; an idea; an abstraction.

It has no representation in reality.

Real mathematicians know this.

"The infinite is nowhere to be found in reality. It neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate basis for rational thought. The role that remains for the infinite is solely that of an idea."
-David Hilbert

Location hidden

#233388 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>

Who cares?

You can tell whether a person is wise by their questions.
Like "who cares"?

Bwahahahahahahaahhahahahaaaaa. ...

Thanks, ComingPissFace, for caring enough to tell us you don't care.

Bwhahahhahahahahahahahahhaha.. .

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233389 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..soo..What kind of energy , is this DARK matter/energy ..
I'm just asking for your guess ...If you would deign to guess ..
Anti gravitons ..?..some kind of organism ...?
Space in motion. Such as the current of a magnetic flux. I've posted a lot about that in the past.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#233390 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I will never be on your level.
I probably was once. In early infancy, or perhaps as a fetus.
"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity
What is "A"?
Time is only a part of the equation Buck, one that can be manipulated, bent twisted and stopped entirely. You will never achieve the level .

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233391 Jul 24, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..ah , personal insults ....I guess , this means , you have bested "Buck CricK " ..in your cerebral debate ..
Sauce for the goose, my friend.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#233392 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Like "who cares"?
Bwahahahahahahaahhahahahaaaaa. ...
Thanks, ComingPissFace, for caring enough to tell us you don't care.
Bwhahahhahahahahahahahahhaha.. .
No I don't care about one single poster on this public thread. And in particular useless people like yourself.

It's always indicative of how smart person is by the language that they use .
Childish insults seem to be about all you have - yawns

Your life has been a failure by your own admissions and continues to decline.

Have you considered surrendering your body for medical experiments ? I believe that's the only thing it is good for.

The truth may set you free but first it'll really piss you off.

I believe it's time for you to return to your useless posting, get typing everyone looks forward to seeing another 8000 entries from you.

Feed that massive ego - create your own thread. Call it 'bad shit crazy.'

Your fan club will respond to you!
Conversely Your Absence from this thread will be greatly appreciated.

Location hidden

#233393 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is only a part of the equation Buck, one that can be manipulated, bent twisted and stopped entirely. You will never achieve the level .
You forgot to tell us what "A" is.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233395 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to tell us what "A" is.
Infinitesimal, unmeasurably or infinitely small.

United States

#233396 Jul 24, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't care about one single poster on this public thread. And in particular useless people like yourself.
It's always indicative of how smart person is by the language that they use .
Childish insults seem to be about all you have - yawns
Your life has been a failure by your own admissions and continues to decline.
Have you considered surrendering your body for medical experiments ? I believe that's the only thing it is good for.
The truth may set you free but first it'll really piss you off.
I believe it's time for you to return to your useless posting, get typing everyone looks forward to seeing another 8000 entries from you.
Feed that massive ego - create your own thread. Call it 'bad shit crazy.'
Your fan club will respond to you!
Conversely Your Absence from this thread will be greatly appreciated.
I have a question for you.

Take two prople that survived to old age. One followed the expectations established for him by the current society, the Well Respected Man of that old song. The other bruised and battered and very experienced in the emotions of life. The uppers and the downers of it. Let's say they tasted a lot of it flavors.

Then they both die.

Which was the failure?

Location hidden

#233397 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Infinitesimal, unmeasurably or infinitely small.
I see.

That makes the equation "infintesimally small" x 13.8 billion = Infinity

No, that makes no sense.

Try again.

"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity; where "A" is average rate of expansion, 13.8 billion years is the elapsed time.

I have given you plenty of time to work on this.

Is there a problem?

United States

#233398 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Your rock solid confidence in vaporous concepts is a true inspiration. How can anyone doubt your wisdom and understanding when it comes to reality?
Patrick

United States

#233399 Jul 24, 2014
The Republican budget makes very clear choices: special-interest tax breaks at the expense of middle-class families and those working hard to climb out of poverty and into the middle class.

Republicans voted for a one-third cut in tax rates for millionaires while targeting about two thirds of their budget cuts to initiatives that help middle- and lower-income individuals.

Once fully phased in, the GOP budget would reduce SNAP benefits by more than one quarter, potentially hurting millions of vulnerable Americans, almost half of whom are kids.

And while Republicans are quick to insist that federal assistance recipients must work, they ignore the fact that 80 percent of SNAP beneficiaries are children, the disabled, and the elderly, who are not expected to work, or individuals who do work.

Morality of the war on the poor by the GOP

Location hidden

#233400 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Since you are a simpleton, I'll make it simpler for you.

What average speed does X have to travel to traverse an infinite distance in 13.8 billion years?

This is a very simple problem.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233401 Jul 24, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
That makes the equation "infintesimally small" x 13.8 billion = Infinity
No, that makes no sense.
Try again.
"A" x 13.8 billion = Infinity; where "A" is average rate of expansion, 13.8 billion years is the elapsed time.
I have given you plenty of time to work on this.
Is there a problem?
You are asking me to measure the immeasurable to justify your belief it can be. The initial expansion from an infinitesimal is theoretical and not actually measurable, since it expanded from every point in space and every point appears to be the initial expansion point. At 10-^37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused *cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.

See Space expands
This is just like an inside-out black hole metric—it has a zero in the dt component on a fixed radius sphere called the cosmological horizon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_%28cos...

So you see you still have to deal with a cosmological horizon, where beyond this point it's infinite, and we can only measure the observable horizon.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#233402 Jul 24, 2014
An immeasurably small thing became an immeasurably large thing.
How hard is it to grasp the reality of it?
We can only measure the universe since light became possible after the Inflationary epoch, and after this the redshift indicates faster than light expansion for 13.7 billion years.
It is possible space was spatially infinite after the Inflationary epoch, we simply have no way to measure it.
See..

http://www.spacetimesociety.org/Monton2.html

Location hidden

#233403 Jul 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
The Republican budget makes very clear choices: special-interest tax breaks at the expense of middle-class families and those working hard to climb out of poverty and into the middle class.
Republicans voted for a one-third cut in tax rates for millionaires while targeting about two thirds of their budget cuts to initiatives that help middle- and lower-income individuals.
Once fully phased in, the GOP budget would reduce SNAP benefits by more than one quarter, potentially hurting millions of vulnerable Americans, almost half of whom are kids.
And while Republicans are quick to insist that federal assistance recipients must work, they ignore the fact that 80 percent of SNAP beneficiaries are children, the disabled, and the elderly, who are not expected to work, or individuals who do work.
Morality of the war on the poor by the GOP
The SNAP program is a disaster. In 2000, only 17.3 million people were on food stamps. That number has ballooned to 46.6 million. It has grown faster than other subsidy programs for the poor, and grown while unemployment is falling.

You are lying about the work requirements. The requirements incentivized work in a very moderate way by stating that able-bodied recipients without dependents would receive benefits only three out of every 36 months unless they worked at least part time.

So no, it does not force children and the disabled to work.

Your entire case is built on lies.

United States

#233404 Jul 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You are asking me to measure the immeasurable to justify your belief it can be. The initial expansion from an infinitesimal is theoretical and not actually measurable, since it expanded from every point in space and every point appears to be the initial expansion point. At 10-^37 seconds into the expansion, a phase transition caused *cosmic inflation, during which the universe grew exponentially.
See Space expands
This is just like an inside-out black hole metric—it has a zero in the dt component on a fixed radius sphere called the cosmological horizon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_%28cos...
So you see you still have to deal with a cosmological horizon, where beyond this point it's infinite, and we can only measure the observable horizon.
Kewl, Mr. Einstein^4, you set up a bank shot to put you in the side pocket.

Every point in space? From a singularity?

Let's get real infinitestimal, mathematical, and conceptual.

Remember my hex plotting of points in a plane or volume?

Let's get to the ultimate infinitestimally smallest point. Your starting point for expansion. You can't expand unless you have someplace to start, in the real world, anyhow. We will start on a plane.

Draw a point, Sparky. How many directions can you then proceed in? Well, lets draw the same size points around it. You will get 6. Now you can take a step. Now draw points around that step you took. How many directions can you go now without turning around? Work your way out. Keep in mind that first step started motion. Also keep in mind you can't turn around on a single point. Something about radius and pi. What is pi times an infinitestimally small point and the path width you will have to follow from it?

Now proceed and create your universe by going 3D. Don't forget the 7/8th base of height between the centers of your theoretical smallest points, and thus incremental distance. Plays hell with a continuum. All it takes is paper and pencil and an understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min FYVM 1,417,704
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr OzRitz 10,064
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 32,324
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr zef 311,604
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web