Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256084 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#233155 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How,many angels will fit on the head of a pin?
That is what this infinity argument is all about.
The scenery changes, but it is the same old story.
yawn
How many angles will fit on the head of a pin?

At least 360 of them.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#233156 Jul 20, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that you would be quiet if we met!
I might introduce you to the "Buck YO-YO".

That's where I pull your underwear out the top of your pants, and lift you with one hand, tilting your head over and bouncing you up and down by your shorts with your head banging the floor until your draws rip out.

It's a big hit at parties.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233157 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying the SC sometimes gets it wrong? I agree.
But at least the Constitution was appropriately amended.
Not be the 9 people in robes, but by "the people".
We dropped that troublesome formality. Now liberal justices just pencil in their whims.
Are you referring to those liberal justices who have decided corporations are persons?

Oh.

Location hidden

#233158 Jul 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

OK Buck, let's say you're correct.
Thanks, man. I am correct.

Seriously, as an attorney, have you ever seen anyone take a case like that of the alleged "infinite universe", tear it apart, dismantle it, and destroy it with more searing force of logic than ole' Buck has done?

If I had gone to law school, I would be a dangerous man.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#233159 Jul 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Pro-Russian separatist militiamen have seized custody of the bodies of about 200 victims of the Malaysia Airlines passenger jet that was blown out of the sky by a surface-to-air missile, Ukrainian officials said on Sunday, and rebels continued to limit access to the crash site in eastern Ukraine, blocking the work of experts even as hundreds of untrained local volunteers were picking through the wreckage with sticks.
World leaders have voiced a growing chorus of outrage over the delay in recovering remains of victims, and over the refusal by rebels to cede authority over the disaster site, where Flight 17, a Boeing 777 carrying 298 passengers and crew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed and burned on Thursday afternoon.
Ukrainian emergency responders, working under the watchful eyes of armed rebels, had recovered 196 bodies but were forced to turn them over to the separatists, Andriy Lysenko, a spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council, said at a briefing in Kiev on Sunday. Mr. Lysenko said officials believed that 38 of those bodies were taken to the morgue in Donetsk, a regional capital that is controlled by separatists.
The Koninklijke Landmacht are sharpening their spikes and pitchforks as we speak.

Location hidden

#233160 Jul 20, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to those liberal justices who have decided corporations are persons?
Oh.
They didn't decide corporations are persons.

I read the decision since you brought it up previously.

The ruling is constitutionally correct.

Location hidden

#233161 Jul 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How many angles will fit on the head of a pin?
At least 360 of them.
Which angels - 90 degrees; 45 degrees?

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233162 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, man. I am correct.
Seriously, as an attorney, have you ever seen anyone take a case like that of the alleged "infinite universe", tear it apart, dismantle it, and destroy it with more searing force of logic than ole' Buck has done?
If I had gone to law school, I would be a dangerous man.
It troubles me to cause damage to your ego, Buck, but I must be honest with you.

Your argument put this member of the jury panel to sleep a long time ago.

May you someday have the privilege of watching Catcher perform in the courtroom.

But hey, don't worry, you do remain a very dangerous person (let's not be sexist).

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#233163 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I might introduce you to the "Buck YO-YO".
That's where I pull your underwear out the top of your pants, and lift you with one hand, tilting your head over and bouncing you up and down by your shorts with your head banging the floor until your draws rip out.
It's a big hit at parties.
Absolutely amazing! You will say anything just to get some reaction from people! I would love to meet you and discover what makes you tick. I am sure that you lack attention from "loved ones" and you fight so hard to get it; even if it has to be from anonymous people.

You must know by now that I know you are not tough... not at all. I would guess that you run from every encounter.

I really would love to figure out what makes people like you tick! Why did you pick Joe King? Did you know him or just a lucky search? Now that everyone knows that he is in ICU at the hospital, why do you continue to pretend to be him? Why do these others continue to talk to you as if you care about your replies? As if you won't say anything to keep them on the hook?

Please, there is no need to reply to me. I, of course, realize that you will say anything to keep me on the hook as well and I don't need that. I hope that one day I get to read the research done on people like you. Very curious.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#233164 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. I would have to travel the distance from here to the event horizon.
If it is a physical phenomenon, it has a distance. Whether I can travel that distance, or even know what the distance is, is a different question.
Is that all you have?
Yes it does it's "infinite" .lol

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233165 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't decide corporations are persons.
I read the decision since you brought it up previously.
The ruling is constitutionally correct.
Perhaps you are correct about infinity/noninfinity.

But this I know something about.

And I can tell you, with complete confidence, that you are dead wrong.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#233166 Jul 20, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely amazing! You will say anything just to get some reaction from people! I would love to meet you and discover what makes you tick. I am sure that you lack attention from "loved ones" and you fight so hard to get it; even if it has to be from anonymous people.
You must know by now that I know you are not tough... not at all. I would guess that you run from every encounter.
I really would love to figure out what makes people like you tick! Why did you pick Joe King? Did you know him or just a lucky search? Now that everyone knows that he is in ICU at the hospital, why do you continue to pretend to be him? Why do these others continue to talk to you as if you care about your replies? As if you won't say anything to keep them on the hook?
Please, there is no need to reply to me. I, of course, realize that you will say anything to keep me on the hook as well and I don't need that. I hope that one day I get to read the research done on people like you. Very curious.
Did you know it is easier to call in pigs, call in predators, call in dogs, call in deer and elk, and call in idiots by making the right noises than it is to go looking for them?

Smile for the camera. Oops, let's slick that cowlick back first so you at least don't look dumb. er, not saying you are, mind you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#233167 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know it is easier to call in pigs, call in predators, call in dogs, call in deer and elk, and call in idiots by making the right noises than it is to go looking for them?
Smile for the camera. Oops, let's slick that cowlick back first so you at least don't look dumb. er, not saying you are, mind you.
Yes, after one puppet is busted, it is common for the puppeteer to send another puppet to defend!

I am sure that there is not one christian on this forum and that is a shame.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#233168 Jul 20, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Which angels - 90 degrees; 45 degrees?
Yes?

United States

#233169 Jul 20, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, after one puppet is busted, it is common for the puppeteer to send another puppet to defend!
I am sure that there is not one christian on this forum and that is a shame.
Why would there have to be one?

The topic is about atheists having faith in their belief. Totally independent of any religious doctrines.

United States

#233170 Jul 20, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes?
Hmmm...
Is that just the top of the pin head, or does it include the rim and underneath portions?

This can get infinitely complex.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#233171 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there have to be one?
The topic is about atheists having faith in their belief. Totally independent of any religious doctrines.
The topic of atheism is not totally independent

Religion is also part of the topic title.

A comparison is being made.

I accept your apology.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#233172 Jul 20, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
Is that just the top of the pin head, or does it include the rim and underneath portions?
This can get infinitely complex.
It's not my Angel, dude.

I fuckedthat one up, seriously.

Do you play 9 ball?

Location hidden

#233173 Jul 21, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>

Absolutely amazing!
Thanks, man.

Location hidden

#233174 Jul 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it does it's "infinite" .lol
Sure it is. And I'm a married bachelor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min moshx 1,405,512
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web