Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#232763 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
...Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah. ..
Oh,...I didn't see anything funny here, Christine.
I'm still laughing at you for your previous posts.
Where was I,...
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahh hahahahahhahahha...
I told you, be careful of a seizure.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#232764 Jul 16, 2014
Time to go home –

So sorry you don’t have that option buck – actually no I’m not, I couldn’t really care less.

Bye. Until next time...

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#232765 Jul 16, 2014
Nothing creates nothing. That's a fact Atheists must learn.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#232766 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Dave.
I'm learning new things.
From the Topix Scientists, I have now learned that matter created itself, and then expanded an infinite distance.
The expanse of the universe has reached an unreachable magnitude.
Can you tell me, Dave, what the distance was immediately preceding the infinite distance?
What speed and elapsed time does it take to reach an infinite distance?
How many football fields is that?(putting it into terms I can understand)
I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this.
There aren't any explanation in words a baboon can understand...apparently.

Location hidden

#232767 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
You are a smart guy, Dave. Maybe you can tell me how expanding at a finite speed (distance per unit of time) for 13.7 billion years results in infinite distance.
We can use the formula:
(13.7 billion years) X (Distance per year)= Infinite Distance
Dividing both sides of the equation by "years", we arrive at:
13.7 X = Infinite
What is X?
Because time itself is based on the speed of light and space is a measure of distance light travels, the fact that gravity and velocity both dilate time and the universe is expanding faster than light, allow an infinite distance in space/time to exist between two points of a known distance apart.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#232768 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was cherry picking, it was yours. You were the one mentioning abolishing slavery.
And for those who like country music, abolishing means getting rid of.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#232769 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because time itself is based on the speed of light and space is a measure of distance light travels, the fact that gravity and velocity both dilate time and the universe is expanding faster than light, allow an infinite distance in space/time to exist between two points of a known distance apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xvZfx7iwq94XX
I bet the carnival midway people love you. I bet they are impressed with your light saber. Surefire indication of your intelligence.

The speed of light is determined by the dynamics of the universe. As is the creation of the matter that produces it. It is effect, not a pre-packaged quantity.
Moonie

Charlotte, NC

#232770 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't any explanation in words a baboon can understand...apparently.
Quit talking about yourself that way...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#232771 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xvZfx7iwq94XX
Time is not based on the speed of light, and space is not a measure of distance light travels, and no "known distance" can be infinite and no two points can be an infinite distance apart. It's impossible.

Nothing you presented here, or anywhere else, supports a physical infinite.

You know why?

Because it's impossible.

What you are saying is pure bull shit. You either made it up, or copied it from someone else who made it up.

I'm tiring of the discussion, as your end gets more stupid with each increment.

Location hidden

#232772 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not based on the speed of light, and space is not a measure of distance light travels, and no "known distance" can be infinite and no two points can be an infinite distance apart. It's impossible.
Nothing you presented here, or anywhere else, supports a physical infinite.
You know why?
Because it's impossible.
What you are saying is pure bull shit. You either made it up, or copied it from someone else who made it up.
I'm tiring of the discussion, as your end gets more stupid with each increment.
Why because I pull away from your inner ape?:)
Stick to football, clown.

The metre (International spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures), or meter (American spelling),(SI unit symbol: m), is the fundamental unit of length (SI dimension symbol: L) in the International System of Units (SI).[1]It is equivalent to 1.0936133 yards. Originally intended to be one ten-millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole (at sea level), its definition has been periodically refined to reflect growing knowledge of metrology. Since 1983, it has been defined as "the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-second

Location hidden

#232773 Jul 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the carnival midway people love you. I bet they are impressed with your light saber. Surefire indication of your intelligence.
The speed of light is determined by the dynamics of the universe. As is the creation of the matter that produces it. It is effect, not a pre-packaged quantity.
So the baboons cheat and break the conservation of matter/energy laws on their first post.

Location hidden

#232774 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The metre (International spelling as used by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures), or meter (American spelling),(SI unit symbol: m), is the fundamental unit of length (SI dimension symbol: L) in the International System of Units (SI).[1]It is equivalent to 1.0936133 yards. Originally intended to be one ten-millionth of the distance from the Earth's equator to the North Pole (at sea level), its definition has been periodically refined to reflect growing knowledge of metrology. Since 1983, it has been defined as "the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second
Your credibility as an intelligent being has been taking some severe negative hits from your postings on here.

Location hidden

#232775 Jul 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your credibility as an intelligent being has been taking some severe negative hits from your postings on here.
Haha ha DAVEY BOY as if you hold any semblance of knowledge, other than pseudoscience. You have been shown repeatedly that string and magnet science is a spamming leap in hilariousness, but falls far far short in any attempt to explain anything real.
Tell us Davey of the telluric current you absorbed at coral castle giving you the cabal of arcane knowledge you found after ingesting the fungus of magnets.

Location hidden

#232776 Jul 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet CUT!
All bs aside and leave the mystery of the verse aside from this post, WB Dave and I hope you are doing ok. Just from one man to another...:)

Location hidden

#232777 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All bs aside and leave the mystery of the verse aside from this post, WB Dave and I hope you are doing ok. Just from one man to another...:)
:-)

If my yard was bigger than your yard, would light cross it faster?

If light intensity drops with distance does the energy level of photons also drop?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#232778 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
"The multiverse idea rests on assumptions that would be laughed out of town if they came from a religious text.”-Gregg Easterbrook
I'm willing to laugh it out of town anyways...
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahah...
There it goes.
That quote is a keeper.

Location hidden

#232779 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed from a definition of "space" to one of "length".

Space and length are not the same thing. You claimed space is a "measure" of the distance light travels. "Length" is a measure of distance, no matter what scale is used, and has nothing inherent to do with space or the speed of light.

(Why do I stoop to explaining this?)

Location hidden

#232780 Jul 16, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
If my yard was bigger than your yard, would light cross it faster?
If light intensity drops with distance does the energy level of photons also drop?
Light's speed itself has nothing to do with the medium it crosses. The difference is not unlike
light crossing a bathtub full of water vs , light crossing a bathtub full of water dumped out on the floor spreading out.

Location hidden

#232781 Jul 16, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed from a definition of "space" to one of "length".
Space and length are not the same thing. You claimed space is a "measure" of the distance light travels. "Length" is a measure of distance, no matter what scale is used, and has nothing inherent to do with space or the speed of light.
(Why do I stoop to explaining this?)
You explained nothing, but you do a little a little wiggly dance of denial. You just have to stick to football. You know about that.
When we talk about light speed, dimension is reduced to length or distance on a curve that intersects at some point in the future. At c the distance and time is zero, slower the time is in the future. and space is between.

Location hidden

#232782 Jul 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You explained nothing, but you do a little a little wiggly dance of denial. You just have to stick to football. You know about that.
When we talk about light speed, dimension is reduced to length or distance on a curve that intersects at some point in the future. At c the distance and time is zero, slower the time is in the future. and space is between.
Oh. It's at "c".

I skipped right over "c" and was standing at "z".

Your posts are gibberish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Ink 306,965
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Chosen Traveler 28,374
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Bluestater 1,153,791
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr JAX 201,161
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 15 hr Earth inhabited 2,663
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web