Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256624 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#232906 Jul 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't adjust to new knowledge and paradigms with tunnel visiion, you can only imagine you do. Quit following the bread crumbs they laid out for you. Take a look around.
Lovey, your physical manifestation is the same rough process as light passing through film stock. Simply put, energy being passed through energy wrapped up in knots and the shadows bounced of the walls. Just a more sophisticated technology. Your BBT started the flow when its switch was thrown.
True – which is perhaps why you have problems.

I do look around, continuously and I see the bronze age myth of the deliberately ignorant and I see physical observation and measurement. I’ll choose the knowledge and you choose the historical myth – fair enough?

You into knotting energy now – wow.

Nope the BB theory can be described from 10E-35 of a second after the event, prior to that, including before the event itself there are several options based on the knowledge of how things are. Not one of those options says “Doh I don’t know so god dunitwiv magic”

And still you have not shown Einstein to be wrong.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#232907 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you said I claimed the pope is atheist because I tanned you backside for you with 3 popes to your one archbishop. There is a considerable different between me saying something and you lying about i. When you grow up (perhaps by the time you are released) you will understand this difference
But you said YouTube is proof of god, that genital mutilation was OK for christians and Hebrews but not for Muslims, that infinite apples trees can shed infinite apples in infinity and the latest was you hinting that you are god.
You want entertaining, just drop the sop in the showers.
Compare the statement of Darwinism (1) and that of Pope Benedict (2) and tell us if the Pope accepts Darwinism.

(1) Joint declaration of 38 Nobel Laureates (most of them scientists) in a petition sent to the Kansas Board of Education on September 9, 2005:

"Logically derived from confirmable evidence, evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."

(2) St. Peter’s square on 24 April 2005, Pope Benedict:

"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Christine, are the two statements in agreement, or at odds?

#232908 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you didn't have 3 Popes. You lied about what they said.
They accepted that evolution has occurred. You said they accepted Darwinism, which is an entirely materialist and atheist proposition.
You even said the entire Catholic Church accepts it.
No Pope, Archbishop, or church has done so.
I caught you in a lie.
Now you repeatedly go back to it as a contest between 3 Popes and 1 Archbishop.
You are dumb, but not that dumb.
I provided links Vatican documentation, you provided copy and paste whatever.

I never said anything about Darwinism, that’s always been your hot potatoes, Darwinism does not concern me, it never has, his ideas are 150 years old, things have moved on – including the catholic church..

Yes I did say the catholic church accepts it. Why? Because by papal decree it is now catholic belief. If your mommy does not accept it then that’s her problem, not the churches.

I do not lie and have repeated caught you in lies I never said anything about the pope being atheist, you lied because you could not admit defeat. I provided links to documentation from 3 popes, you provided copy and paste with no reference of one archbishop. Hence the result if 3 popes to one archbishop

If you don’t like getting beat then don’t join in the race

Location hidden

#232909 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is as infinite as measurements indicate, i.e. infinite to an accuracy of current measurements of 0.4%
This is where you get confused, the visible universe, our bit of the universe, the bit expanding from the BB event is not infinite but expanding into infinite space.
So tell me how to employ power without expending energy... waiting
Measurements indicate no such thing. Mathematical theory indicates it.

You aren't talking about something that is measured.

Math theory can have infinites, as it changes rules to accomodate the contradictions.

Physical univers - no, it can't have them. It's impossible.

How to employ power without expending energy?

Easy. My ex-wife employed the "power" to keep me from going out and whoring around without saying a word or lifting a finger.

I hope this is helpful, but suspect you are too dumb to get it.

#232910 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Compare the statement of Darwinism (1) and that of Pope Benedict (2) and tell us if the Pope accepts Darwinism.
(1) Joint declaration of 38 Nobel Laureates (most of them scientists) in a petition sent to the Kansas Board of Education on September 9, 2005:
"Logically derived from confirmable evidence, evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."
(2) St. Peter’s square on 24 April 2005, Pope Benedict:
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Just because you equate evolution with social Darwinism is not my problem, science and discovery has moves on a lot in 150 years.

The Vatican accepts evolution in principal just so long as it does not interfere with the belife that god dunitwiv magic

#232911 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Measurements indicate no such thing. Mathematical theory indicates it.
You aren't talking about something that is measured.
Math theory can have infinites, as it changes rules to accomodate the contradictions.
Physical univers - no, it can't have them. It's impossible.
How to employ power without expending energy?
Easy. My ex-wife employed the "power" to keep me from going out and whoring around without saying a word or lifting a finger.
I hope this is helpful, but suspect you are too dumb to get it.
You butt plug, I have provided links to the WMAP experiment

Yes I am talking about something that is measured hence the reference to measurements. You aren’t, there is a difference, one is you and the other is me - get it? DOH!...

You have not provided evidence of what you ex wife did but there is absolutely no doubt that she expended energy in whatever she did.

Location hidden

#232912 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided links Vatican documentation, you provided copy and paste whatever.
I never said anything about Darwinism, that’s always been your hot potatoes, Darwinism does not concern me, it never has, his ideas are 150 years old, things have moved on – including the catholic church..
Yes I did say the catholic church accepts it. Why? Because by papal decree it is now catholic belief. If your mommy does not accept it then that’s her problem, not the churches.
I do not lie and have repeated caught you in lies I never said anything about the pope being atheist, you lied because you could not admit defeat. I provided links to documentation from 3 popes, you provided copy and paste with no reference of one archbishop. Hence the result if 3 popes to one archbishop
If you don’t like getting beat then don’t join in the race
You don't know what Darwinism is. It is today's evolutionary theory.

And the church doesn't accept it, nor has any Pope.

This is clear from the statement by Pope Benedict. And his statement is consistent with all other Popes on the subject.

You made an error in asserting so. Ever since, you have lied to cover it up.

#232913 Jul 18, 2014
Have a nice weekend, I'm gone.

Oh buck, remember not to bend over in the shower.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#232914 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
True – which is perhaps why you have problems.
I do look around, continuously and I see the bronze age myth of the deliberately ignorant and I see physical observation and measurement. I’ll choose the knowledge and you choose the historical myth – fair enough?
You into knotting energy now – wow.
Nope the BB theory can be described from 10E-35 of a second after the event, prior to that, including before the event itself there are several options based on the knowledge of how things are. Not one of those options says “Doh I don’t know so god dunitwiv magic”
And still you have not shown Einstein to be wrong.
I've been into knotting energy for quite some time. I'm not into magical pre-existing particles going poof like you are.

You are way too focused on Bronze Age myths to approach this matter in anything but an emotional perspective.

Location hidden

#232915 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

The Vatican accepts evolution in principal just so long as it does not interfere with the belife that god dunitwiv magic
How does evolution not interfere with that when it says:

"evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."

And the Pope says: "We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution."

How does the Vatican accept both???

They don't.

You're lying. And I nailed you.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#232916 Jul 18, 2014
You contradict yourself.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Quantity is a measureable amount. 5 miles is not a measureable amount of distance.
I didn't know that.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#232917 Jul 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You're right of course. It isn't.| called him on it and he still didn't understand his error.
Puck Frick always copies his "proofs" from the inside of someone's tinfoil hat without realising his foundations are non existent.
<quoted text>
Ah, crap. I came to Topix knowing I would find the finest in critical theological arguments.

Some stable somewhere

#232918 Jul 18, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, whose side are you on?
For the ankle bracelet!

Some stable somewhere

#232919 Jul 18, 2014
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, sweetness. My face is something others just have to live with.
Stop! There's nothing wrong with your face!

Some stable somewhere

#232920 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What if I am God?
So...God...I...uh, might have to apologize for some terrible, horrible things I said to you.

And, about these small breasts...
Thinking

Poole, UK

#232921 Jul 18, 2014
Calm down dear. You're still wrong.

That quantity of something you refer to is a quantity of a distance unit, e.g. 5 miles.
5 miles in itself is not a quantity.
5 miles is in fact a quantity of miles. 5 of them, actually.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
In the English language, which is what you are trying to speak, you moron, distance is quantity.
Merriam Webster:
distance; n.: "the degree or amount of separation between two points, lines, surfaces, or objects"
amount: n: "a quantity of something"
quan·ti·ty noun \&#712;kwän-t&#601;-t &#275;\ "an amount or number of something"
Distance is the quantity of separation between two points. It is expressed as a number of units of length, i.e., inches, feet, miles, light years.
Distance is quantity.
You religious atheists have no limit on your willingness to lie to support a point.

Some stable somewhere

#232922 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Distance is quantity.
Why does space expand?

When will it stop?

Some stable somewhere

#232923 Jul 18, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How does evolution not interfere with that when it says:
"evolution is understood to be the result of an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection."
And the Pope says: "We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution."
How does the Vatican accept both???
They don't.
You're lying. And I nailed you.
You're actually incorrect here.

Location hidden

#232924 Jul 18, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You butt plug, I have provided links to the WMAP experiment
Yes I am talking about something that is measured hence the reference to measurements. You aren’t, there is a difference, one is you and the other is me - get it? DOH!...
You have not provided evidence of what you ex wife did but there is absolutely no doubt that she expended energy in whatever she did.
You are so stupid. I don't know why I bother to correct you.

Even if expending energy is required to exert power, which it isn't always, the two are still not synonymous. Great power could come from little energy; small power from great energy.

Your contention that power = energy is moronic. You are a moron.

Location hidden

#232925 Jul 18, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does space expand?
When will it stop?
I have no idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min cathy1691823 1,420,408
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr IB DaMann 10,069
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Blue November 311,629
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Aug 27 Trojan 32,332
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web