Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256560 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231818 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How terrible!
Isn't it lucky that some lovely European Xians came to abuse them further? The Spaniards with their Inquisition, then the English with their smallpox. Oh, then they took their lands.\
At least they gave them Xian morals, must be worth something.
:-/
There were no atheists back then?

What were they doing?

Homosexuality is not a sin, it is a sexual birth defect.

A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.

However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#231819 Jul 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition.
shhh, troll...there's no need for you to ever address me.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#231820 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What were they doing?
A dyke is one step from being transgendered, and a lesbian attracted to a dyke is one step from being heterosexual. This exposes a spectrum of sexual orientation aberration in LGBTs.
However, the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex IS a sin. It is a violation of nature and should be a violation of law.
You should stop having anal sex if you find it unhealthy.

You should find a nice ewe.

Location hidden

#231821 Jul 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What were they doing?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a blonde would believe silly stupid can even masquerade as intelligence.

My brother-in-laws' father died taking a volunteer crew of men up to Alaska to work in remote Indian settlements. There were NO atheists doing any such thing. This happens in every Indian tribe, every year.

Leaves 'rational atheist' oxymorons like you stuck on stupid, doesn't it?

Smirk smile.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231822 Jul 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
...And , can we also stop funding AIDS research ...?

Las Vegas, NV

#231823 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has failed fair, impartial, and universally applicable tests in multiple fields of science.
If God truly is the inspiration behind this purportedly divine declaration to the world, he shows absolutely no interest in its understandability or accuracy in astronomy, cosmology, zoology, botany, anthropology, geology, ecology, geography, physiology, many others.
Such is the power of science and reason. They are the impartial pursuit of an answer to a question, not the search for supplements to a predetermined answer.
hmm..I just assumed the Bible was here to help us understand the supernatural , not really to help us pass high school .

Las Vegas, NV

#231824 Jul 5, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you kill people? Is it just because your holy book says that your god says that you shouldn't, even though the same book says that your god says that you should kill non-believers and others.
Do you or have you ever worked on Sunday?
What made you decide to like the opposite sex? Did you make a choice?
Why don't you have sex/marry a young girl?{Assuming that you are an over 21 year old male.} The bible does not set an age for marriage.
Do you follow the Tooth Fairy? If not, is it safe to assume that you hate the Tooth Fairy?
Try not to be stupid with your replies. Think a bit before you type.
...As a matter of fact , I do hate the tooth fairy I got 20 cents ...20 cents !..from that gossamer witch ..!

Please understand "TheBlackSheep" in my religious tradition , We believe tradition AND scripture must go hand in glove ...As , we can all attest ' sola scriptura ' the Bible just taken alone can be very disconcerting .

Homosexuality is no sin , immoral sex is what sticks to God's craw .

Las Vegas, NV

#231825 Jul 5, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No. But religion is a defect that has held back humanity 1000+ years.
<quoted text>
...And , is not your much vaunted ' natural selection ' responsible for religion ..??

Ergo , you believe natural selection to be defective ....naughty Atheist , no dessert for you ..

Las Vegas, NV

#231826 Jul 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
On such a subject, what you individually believe is irrelevant in democracy. Now if a large enough percentage of the voting population believes the same way then you would have an argument. Looking at you avatar it seem that you live in a democracy and PEW have done research that suggest 60% of Americans are in favour of gay marriage, that includes all the perks that marriage entails.
Take a look at the Kinsey scale, consider it’s implication then come back with the perish jibe again
I wish it were democracy , but Alas these battles are being fought in the courts ...

When , taken to the plebiscite ,' traditional ' usually takes the crown .

I actually do believe men are attracted to other men , and women the very same ..It's healthy it's camaraderie , but homosexuality takes this natural camaraderie and twists it and deforms it and makes it sexual ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231827 Jul 5, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're failing to understand the point.
..??..What are you trying to say ' exactly "..??

Are you insinuating , that I failed to understand the point..??

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#231828 Jul 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had sex with many young girls.
In pretty much every position possible, including once through the window of a parked car.
I'm not sure how this information is helpful to you, but glad to oblige.
Ah buck, we all know you are king of the Never Touched a Boobie Club.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#231829 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...As a matter of fact , I do hate the tooth fairy I got 20 cents ...20 cents !..from that gossamer witch ..!
Please understand "TheBlackSheep" in my religious tradition , We believe tradition AND scripture must go hand in glove ...As , we can all attest ' sola scriptura ' the Bible just taken alone can be very disconcerting .
Homosexuality is no sin , immoral sex is what sticks to God's craw .
You hate a fictional character? I don't waste my time hating, let alone hating make believe characters.

Where do these traditions come from? The Romans?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#231830 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>

Such is the power of science and reason. They are the impartial pursuit of an answer to a question, not the search for supplements to a predetermined answer.
Peppered Moth

Location hidden

#231831 Jul 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay away from the pigs - they'll squeal on you.

Location hidden

#231833 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>

London Times:“Scientists Create Artificial Life in the Laboratory”

(No, they did not)

Las Vegas, NV

#231834 Jul 5, 2014
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You hate a fictional character? I don't waste my time hating, let alone hating make believe characters.
Where do these traditions come from? The Romans?
nah man , nah ..the "traditions" come from the Jews themselves and the early church fathers ..

Location hidden

#231835 Jul 5, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How terrible!
Isn't it lucky that some lovely European Xians came to abuse them further? The Spaniards with their Inquisition, then the English with their smallpox. Oh, then they took their lands.\
At least they gave them Xian morals, must be worth something.
:-/
Wow, there were no atheists back then...

Now, every tribe has Christian organizations voluntarily working in them year after year.

And where are the atheists?

Smirk.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#231836 Jul 5, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>hmm..I just assumed the Bible was here to help us understand the supernatural , not really to help us pass high school .
You know what they say about assume.

If slavery isn't wrong then nothing is wrong. Your book is filled with slavery and how to treat slaves - case closed.

Location hidden

#231837 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
If slavery isn't wrong then nothing is wrong. Your book is filled with slavery and how to treat slaves - case closed.
Slavery is the consequence of failing to maintain personal responsibility. That is why there is more slavery and tyranny today than ever before.

Las Vegas, NV

#231838 Jul 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
My book is filled with human history , sorry if that offends you ..

And , BTW oh great bleeding heart of modernity , slavery is alive and well and just as popular .

( although , you don't really care ..do you )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min woodtick57 1,419,122
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr ThomasA 311,623
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr BFL 32,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web