Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231363 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
When is your god going to stop punishing babies yet unborn for the Adam and Eve entrapment?
Your god is evil.
<quoted text>
We believe there are other acceptable forms of baptism ..we call them the baptism of "fire" and the baptism of "desire"

number 'two' first ..you can be a good Hindu ..never baptized ..Heaven awaits ..DESIRE

you can be the unborn murdered in the womb (#1 ) or any child killed before the age of reason..nominally age 7 ..FIRE

God is love
Cheetah

Lija, Malta

#231364 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So let explain it to you...Aura raises sword.
Don't kill yourself yet, Aura, you must convert first
Cheetah

Lija, Malta

#231365 Jun 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>We believe there are other acceptable forms of baptism ..we call them the baptism of "fire" and the baptism of "desire"
number 'two' first ..you can be a good Hindu ..never baptized ..Heaven awaits ..DESIRE
you can be the unborn murdered in the womb (#1 ) or any child killed before the age of reason..nominally age 7 ..FIRE
God is love
You don't understand the Bible well, boy, like most Christians. The baptism of fire means the baptism (immersion) in the lake of fire.

Las Vegas, NV

#231366 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
But of course.
ChristineM celebrates the Winter Solstice with her family instead.
<quoted text>
the birth of Christ " was" celebrated from early December to early April ..we simply do not know ..

but , the Church Fathers looked at the ancient tradition of the celebration of the " Annunciation " the angel announces to Mary ..March 25 ..

Hmmm..why , don't we just tact on 9 months ...??

And , voil'a ...Christmas ...nothing , to do with that pesky Winter Solstice moon ...as , you all know the Solstice moves ...kinda like Easter ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231367 Jun 28, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand the Bible well, boy, like most Christians. The baptism of fire means the baptism (immersion) in the lake of fire.
.." Hell " ..That is a baptism ..?

I don't think that even makes any sense ...Dad.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#231368 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I haven't brewed beer since I was studying mathematics. The beer wasn't too bad, but it created more than a bit of flatulence so I stopped making it. My dad made his own wine but something went wrong with his fermentation locks and there was an explosion in the towel cupboard that got him banned. Is there a poor brewing gene?
I get headaches from white wine, cider and, it would seem, mead. Red wine and beer I can drink and drink without getting a headache. So guess what I drink, then.
Within 5 miles of my village there are 4 pubs that put on beer festivals with 50-100 different barrels to try. I always try a stout or a porter because there are so few of those around these days.
I have every faith that you will create the perfect headache free mead. But I'll probably stick to European red wines, British ales and Irish stouts!
<quoted text>
Dark ale for the win!

Totally :)

I wish I could visit those pubs and live in Europe! It's the best place on the planet. Well, what little I saw of it anyways. I went to "the Eagle and Child" and, uhm, some places with "The King..." in it.

When I graduate from kits to real beer, it will only be ales for me. As Hobgoblin says:

"What's the matter lagerboy afraid you might taste something?"

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231369 Jun 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are rubbing with sandpaper - ;-(
Real men use sandpaper.
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231370 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Let's start with god's entrapment story.
The Adam and Eve story doesn't make sense. If they were commanded to do something and did not *before* they had knowledge of good and evil, then they were imperfectly designed.
It was the designer's fault.
We had a PM (Brown) that threw fax machines at the wall when they didn't work. He was a psycho, too.
So when is your god going to give his vengeance for his own f**k up a rest?
<quoted text>
So, God created man and declared that everything was as it should be, I don't see man being not as he should be because he has choice, and I hardly see God as being responsible for Adam and Eve for doing something He told them not to do, especially when He warned them they would die if they did.

So, what isn't right, that they had choice or that their choices had consequences?
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231371 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
God actually already has. And you are holy and blameless without a single fault through Christ's forgiveness, just by accepting Him as your savior.

Yeah, it probably sounds trite to you, and maybe even a little insulting, but I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to post that.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231372 Jun 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking up on your post to T
Sounds like you are turning into a proper chemist… Could be all that time in the labs at uni has rubbed off on you…
I used to brew occasionally and true, most are failures, some are pure heaven. My best brews were strawberry wine – wow – tasted like nectar with a kick like a mule. And raisin wine, reminiscent of brandy taste and so smooth, very easy to drink.
I did try mead once, perhaps my worst ever failure, it tasted nothing like shop bought, it6 was dry and bitter, completely undrinkable but it did clean the drains our wonderfully.
I have heard that it is impurities in the brew that cause hangovers and even migraine. Doing it yourself with pure ingredients should get rid of most of that problem.
Ah, chemistry, one of the reasons I didn't go to med school. hahaha! I do remember my basic chem, but I understand the entire process from the biological point of view better. I suppose that includes bio-chem...but that's a bit beyond me. I tried looking up all the chemicals that were in akashiso and was like "huh. Ok. Uhm...so...does that mean the nitrogen can be bioactive or not...?"

B/c in my mead, I made a tea out of akashiso, and added ceylon tea and lemon for the nutrients to the mead - learning that my random sticking those together was the perfect brewing nutrition for the yeast! Crazy lucky. Who knew that akashiso would have it all?

I'm sure that lots of impurities cause hangover and migraine, and some of those chemicals are caused by brewing at temperatures out of the yeast' favored range. I'm using an ale yeast that likes it from 21-28 C, so it's pretty happy now. At the higher end of the spectrum, it'll start producing more fuesl alcohols, dicetyl and acetylaldehyde, among other nasties. Apparently the aging of the drinks (ale, mead) will get the yeast to subsequently eat those - and then you can lager it if you want them to further settle.

Apparently with mead, if you use a wine yeast, you have to let them sit for a very long time (months, years) before it becomes enjoyable. But with the ale yeasts, not as much a problem - just that the percentage alcohol is about half or less, maxing at 13 or so. I think mine is going to finish around 7-8 and very dry. Higher if I add honey - and, with ale yeasts, you can simply add more honey than the yeast can ferment and make it a sweet drink.

But that takes a long time! And I just want to drink, drink, drink :)

Why did yous top making strawberry and raisin wines?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231373 Jun 28, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this, a ghetto atheist meeting?
Hi, welcome!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231374 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>We believe there are other acceptable forms of baptism ..we call them the baptism of "fire" and the baptism of "desire"
God is love
Unreal. You seriously believe nonsense like that?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#231375 Jun 29, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, welcome!
Hi !!!

If you want me to pull out my Dave Nelson sock I need two days notice.

I have to stick my head up my ass and let it ferment.

My Buck Crick sock is easier. It's already fermented and frothing.

Let me know.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#231376 Jun 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is a cave mans story to tell little children how things came to be, wwhen they should have just told them the truth, Gee son, we really don't have a GD clue how it came to be.
Instead they envisioned the ...
Pack your bags you're going on a guilt trip...cause we know you are sneaky story.
lol

Now just how do you think those men could come up with the big bang theory back in ancient times? "God" as a causal agent was far more believable than "nothing".

I see you lack logic too.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#231377 Jun 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi !!!
If you want me to pull out my Dave Nelson sock I need two days notice.
I have to stick my head up my ass and let it ferment.
My Buck Crick sock is easier. It's already fermented and frothing.
Let me know.
All your sock are belong to River

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#231378 Jun 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Now just how do you think those men could come up with the big bang theory back in ancient times? "God" as a causal agent was far more believable than "nothing".
I see you lack logic too.
Just so you know, I don't think that something comes from nothing.
But I don't think the cause was your invisible skydaddy or a Hebrew superhero either.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231379 Jun 29, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Let's start with god's entrapment story.
The Adam and Eve story doesn't make sense. If they were commanded to do something and did not *before* they had knowledge of good and evil, then they were imperfectly designed.
It was the designer's fault.
We had a PM (Brown) that threw fax machines at the wall when they didn't work. He was a psycho, too.
<quoted text>
You expose the fallacy in your own thinking with the fax machine example.
You describe a robot as the perfect creation, eliminating the most fulfilling elements of human existence: love and goodness.
What are you thinking???
CunningLinguist

Jacksonville, FL

#231380 Jun 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I don't think anybody can " just " disprove Genesis ...
without saying ..I find this wrong ..and this ..oh and also this ..
obviously , nobody was there to record the events ...but..besides the incest and 6 day thing ..Genesis ..stands up to scrutiny ...
Genesis like most of the Bible is an extremely poor joke.

Anyone with a decent background in natural science who undertakes an impartial but critical look at the first chapter of Genesis should have no trouble denouncing its claims as rubbish.

The authors have offered a poorly constructed allegory for the creation of the universe.

Scientific knowledge has proven these outdated beliefs untrue, we are far richer in scientific understanding than our goat herder predecessors.

We now know that the sky is blue due to the scattering of a particular wavelength of light passing through the atmosphere at a certain angle, not because there’s an ocean in the sky.

While we cannot fault the authors for believing this ancient hypothesis, we can conclude that their guess on the properties of the sky was incorrect.

Critical analysis has demonstrated the Bible to be scientifically inaccurate and undeniably imperfect.

And in fact if you really want to become a nonbeliever in religious nonsense...

Read this book from cover to cover AND welcome to atheism!

If you need further reinforcement the Koran should be perfect.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231381 Jun 29, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis like most of the Bible is an extremely poor joke.
Anyone with a decent background in natural science who undertakes an impartial but critical look at the first chapter of Genesis should have no trouble denouncing its claims as rubbish.
The authors have offered a poorly constructed allegory for the creation of the universe.
Scientific knowledge has proven these outdated beliefs untrue, we are far richer in scientific understanding than our goat herder predecessors.
We now know that the sky is blue due to the scattering of a particular wavelength of light passing through the atmosphere at a certain angle, not because there’s an ocean in the sky.
While we cannot fault the authors for believing this ancient hypothesis, we can conclude that their guess on the properties of the sky was incorrect.
Critical analysis has demonstrated the Bible to be scientifically inaccurate and undeniably imperfect.
And in fact if you really want to become a nonbeliever in religious nonsense...
Read this book from cover to cover AND welcome to atheism!
If you need further reinforcement the Koran should be perfect.
You are being funny, right? Surely you're not that ignorant?

Genesis preceded science by thousands of years, describing the Big Bang right off the bat.

It notes that life began from the earth and was initially genderless.

How did a fiction book get core elements of creation so right?

Smile.
Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231382 Jun 29, 2014
I know you'd like to go back to school but those injunctions mean you have to keep away.
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand anything, boy, you should go back to grade school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min harmonious 1,109,434
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 min Adds up 200,938
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 33 min Fight On 27,365
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,560
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••