Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#231697 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It likely evolved for social cohesion, bonding and tension relief in social animals. At least that's what it does in non-human primates.
Making it up as you go along.

Great science.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231698 Jul 3, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's paying for your house arrest? I've read that the monitoring fee can reach $600 per month plus. Now that I'm thinking about it, how in the hell do you generate any income? For someone whose hobby is perpetual incarceration, it appears you live fairly well. How do you pay your monthly expenses?
I'm a former football star at the biggest football university in the nation.

People pay money just to be seen with me. I pick up cash for bodyguard work, or for beating the shit out of someone for somebody.

And if you want them to stop paying to incarcerate me, I'm all for it.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231699 Jul 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He sells his body to grandmothers.
When they pay by-the-inch, I make damn good money.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231700 Jul 3, 2014
Exactly. It's really efficient.

Now Puck Frick getting locked up for repeated violent tendencies, that truly is regressive.

:)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It likely evolved for social cohesion, bonding and tension relief in social animals. At least that's what it does in non-human primates.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231701 Jul 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're supposed to read the Supreme Court's decisions right side up.
In my next life, I want to come back as a corporation.
BTW, how are you enjoying the World Cup?
The most exciting part of the World Cup is watching the grass on the field grow.

I subscribe to real football. Not the kind that evolved from poor people kicking a pig bladder from one part of town to another, too disgusted to touch it with their hands.

And by the way, the Citizens United case was rightly decided and in accordance with the Constitution.

...Sorry for bringing up the C-word. I know you despise it. All liberals do.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231702 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have a prostate. It's also not your fault.
But if you want to get to it, you might have to go through shit, and the aperture does not self lubricate for sex. Generally, it's an inferior method of perpetuating my DNA.

Darwin thought that was important. But of course, you make up your material scientism as you go along, so enjoy it.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231703 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Polymath tried. DS tried. No point in going there :)
And they both lost the argument to me - badly.

Their fundamental error is they cannot distinguish math theory from physical reality. I exposed that, refuted it, and then ridiculed it with devastating logical argument. Same as I did with you on ID.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231704 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a greater fantasy to imagine deities and intelligent design.
Deflection.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231705 Jul 3, 2014
Reality doesn't really care what Puck Frick thinks. Infinities exist. Unlike his "intelligent design" myth.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Polymath tried. DS tried. No point in going there :)

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#231706 Jul 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, i am a genetic chimera and a heraphrodite. With three nipples.
Big difference.
Smile.
And I am Aphrodite , why are you not on your knees worshipping me

Grin

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231707 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he's talking about gay marriage. So...he means that the Supreme Court ruled against religious bigotry.
You assumed wrong again.

Your conclusion was also wrong.

"A" for consistency.

#231708 Jul 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Some are not even bound by reality.
Names please or we assume you have been looking at your reflection in the pools of p|ss while you were bent over in the shower room

#231709 Jul 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Good. That proves no Brians were hurt in the making of the video.
<quoted text>
LOL

Couple of parrots having a chat,“your great, great, great, great, great grandmother looked good”

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231710 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

3. Science deems same sex sexual behavior normal in humans and primates, so you're incorrect here
1. If you knew anything about biological science, you might know that "normal" is not a term that is useful.

2. If science deems homosexual sex normal, nothing can be said to be abnormal.

3. Science, rightly practiced, does not "deem".

Get an education.

#231711 Jul 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea I don't accept homosexuality? I don't even disagree that most homosexuals are born that way. Surprise.
However, calling it normal is a lie. A mating behavior that always fails when exercised in its innate function is defective.
My primary disagreement is equating mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender couples with marriage.
Your denial of these facts only further establishes your position as Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
Only from your post.

Why does sex have to always be about mating? You are not considering mutual pleasure. Have you never considered sex for pleasure? This could explain why you are such a failure.

And why do you object to people marrying because they love each other? Oh I get it’s because you don’t think that people who love each other should get married, they should only get married for mating – right?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231712 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to marry a same sex person, don't.
I don't believe they are entitled to the tax breaks nor any other monetary benefit afforded to other married couples ..

Marriage is the building blocks of our society , they deserve any and all lagniappe given ..

( item ) If men and women ' stopped ' forming unions ...civilization would perish .

If homosexuals stopped forming unions ....?...so..?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231713 Jul 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the only one I want.
She is a fresh gift every day. A constant surprise. More than I can handle, and I still delight in handling her.
SMILE.
...She's standing behind you , and reading what you are posting ..

( wink )

..you're a good man ..

#231714 Jul 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe they are entitled to the tax breaks nor any other monetary benefit afforded to other married couples ..
Marriage is the building blocks of our society , they deserve any and all lagniappe given ..
( item ) If men and women ' stopped ' forming unions ...civilization would perish .
If homosexuals stopped forming unions ....?...so..?
On such a subject, what you individually believe is irrelevant in democracy. Now if a large enough percentage of the voting population believes the same way then you would have an argument. Looking at you avatar it seem that you live in a democracy and PEW have done research that suggest 60% of Americans are in favour of gay marriage, that includes all the perks that marriage entails.

Take a look at the Kinsey scale, consider it’s implication then come back with the perish jibe again

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231715 Jul 3, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. How do you know there are no infinities?
It is just something that man's mind cannot grasp.
The universe is proof of infinity. Does the universe, that is space, end somewhere or has boundaries?
Bull shit.

No expanding finite can ever be infinite.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#231716 Jul 3, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Reality doesn't really care what Puck Frick thinks. Infinities exist. Unlike his "intelligent design" myth.
<quoted text>
Point one out for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,643,033
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min Monday Blues 320,220
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 34,839
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Poor performance 11,802
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web