Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#231677 Jul 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - the 'cognitive' part that only saw 2 feet in front of me and trusted the 'scientists' with everything else, but they only see 2 feet in front of them too!
it was the blind leading the blind until i got born again!:-)
You don't know enough about science to critique it. So in your case, it's more like the blind looking at the unknown.

Some stable somewhere

#231678 Jul 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's my ole' buddy.
How 'bout that Supreme Court?
4 justices voted against religious freedom.
...exactly as I would have predicted.
If we could get one more liberal on board, we could have a party and make a bonfire of the Constitution, just dispense with the charade.
Religious freedom?

Some stable somewhere

#231679 Jul 2, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Only atheists can vote against religious freedom, since they are against religion
I believe he's talking about gay marriage. So...he means that the Supreme Court ruled against religious bigotry.

Some stable somewhere

#231680 Jul 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you can gay twirl all you want.
I picked one of numerous accounts that depict horrific treatment of LGBT's in the Indian culture. Are you really trying to deny abuse because it was accepted behavior in other cultures???
Even more idiotic, you are trying to assert that a culture's primitive understanding of orientation overrules the scientific understanding of orientation we now know. The hilarious thing is, you turn around and want to use the Indian expression as justification for modern expression of sexuality.
And you still are trying to avoid the original issue, the claim that American Indians held a high view of universally of LGBTs.
1. Naive realism = you
2. It was not accepted in some cultures, and accepted in others
3. Science deems same sex sexual behavior normal in humans and primates, so you're incorrect here
4. Calling Native American cultures "primitive" is so ignorant, it's hard to know where to lay into you on that one
5. Oh. I've already stated that different Native American groups treated their in between genders differently. That was in the direct quote from the research article I posted.
6. There were no LGBTs in Native American cultures. This is you being naive again.

For the 4th time, Native American cultures were not failed Western cultures. They had very different ideas of sex, gender, sexuality, masculinity and femininity than you do. If you can't understand that, you're never going to understand humanity.

Some stable somewhere

#231681 Jul 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea I don't accept homosexuality? I don't even disagree that most homosexuals are born that way. Surprise.
However, calling it normal is a lie. A mating behavior that always fails when exercised in its innate function is defective.
My primary disagreement is equating mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender couples with marriage.
Your denial of these facts only further establishes your position as Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
Same sex sexual behavior is found in almost all primate species - it predates humans.

It didn't evolve "for" reproduction. That's about the most ridiculous argument ever made, full of Western bias and shows a profound misunderstanding of evolutionary theory.

Why are we discussing this here and not on the "homosexuality is a sin" thread?

What's your obsession with homosexuality anyways?

Some stable somewhere

#231682 Jul 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're supposed to read the Supreme Court's decisions right side up.
In my next life, I want to come back as a corporation.
BTW, how are you enjoying the World Cup?
hahaha! Well, you'll be richer!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231683 Jul 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious freedom?
..READ.." freedom of conscience " ..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#231684 Jul 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex sexual behavior is found in almost all primate species - it predates humans.
It didn't evolve "for" reproduction. That's about the most ridiculous argument ever made, full of Western bias and shows a profound misunderstanding of evolutionary theory.
..Hi...My problem is ' natural selection " ...Lets , pretend there is no Creator ,..so ....?

Why , has homosexuality ..been so invalidated ...

Indians have words for gays , the Classical Greeks ....but , society in general ...???

Why , did " NATURAL SELECTION " ...Burn , Gays ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#231685 Jul 2, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

4. Calling Native American cultures "primitive" is so ignorant, it's hard to know where to lay into you on that one.
..my apologies .."Kimare'a" meant , a society that scalped others for coin ....is a progressive society ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#231686 Jul 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, i am a genetic chimera and a heraphrodite. With three nipples.
Big difference.
Smile.
...If the " masai" tribe ..WANT..F.G.M ..( circumcision )

Are , you okay with that ..?

Some stable somewhere

#231687 Jul 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Hi...My problem is ' natural selection " ...Lets , pretend there is no Creator ,..so ....?
Why , has homosexuality ..been so invalidated ...
Indians have words for gays , the Classical Greeks ....but , society in general ...???
Why , did " NATURAL SELECTION " ...Burn , Gays ..?
It likely evolved for social cohesion, bonding and tension relief in social animals. At least that's what it does in non-human primates.

Some stable somewhere

#231688 Jul 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..READ.." freedom of conscience " ..
If you don't want to marry a same sex person, don't.

Some stable somewhere

#231689 Jul 2, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..my apologies .."Kimare'a" meant , a society that scalped others for coin ....is a progressive society ...
You're failing to understand the point.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231690 Jul 3, 2014
If marriage is solely about procreation, would you expect a child to be produced each and every year until menopause?

Such a small percentage of time is given over to procreation. Far more is given to upbringing.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the idea I don't accept homosexuality? I don't even disagree that most homosexuals are born that way. Surprise.
However, calling it normal is a lie. A mating behavior that always fails when exercised in its innate function is defective.
My primary disagreement is equating mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender couples with marriage.
Your denial of these facts only further establishes your position as Queen Blondie of the 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231691 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it gives you access to more women!
:)
I have the only one I want.

She is a fresh gift every day. A constant surprise. More than I can handle, and I still delight in handling her.

SMILE.

Location hidden

#231692 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Naive realism = you
2. It was not accepted in some cultures, and accepted in others
3. Science deems same sex sexual behavior normal in humans and primates, so you're incorrect here
4. Calling Native American cultures "primitive" is so ignorant, it's hard to know where to lay into you on that one
5. Oh. I've already stated that different Native American groups treated their in between genders differently. That was in the direct quote from the research article I posted.
6. There were no LGBTs in Native American cultures. This is you being naive again.
For the 4th time, Native American cultures were not failed Western cultures. They had very different ideas of sex, gender, sexuality, masculinity and femininity than you do. If you can't understand that, you're never going to understand humanity.
2. NOW you admit your were wrong?

3. Incorrect. Science understands ss sexual behavior in most primates. It does not yet know the cause in humans. Makes it impossible to deem it 'normal' scientifically, doesn't it?

6. There were no Indians attracted to the same sex? There were no Indians who thought they were one gender in the body of another? There were no Indians who were sexually attracted to both genders? Really.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#231693 Jul 3, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, you may want to read up on mating behavior...

Here is an entertaining example of thousands available:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news...

Location hidden

#231694 Jul 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If the " masai" tribe ..WANT..F.G.M ..( circumcision )
Are , you okay with that ..?
In my case, I'm glad they didn't slip and conduct female genital mutilation. I have enough problems there already...

Location hidden

#231695 Jul 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Thinking wrote:
If marriage is solely about procreation, would you expect a child to be produced each and every year until menopause?
Such a small percentage of time is given over to procreation. Far more is given to upbringing.
<quoted text>
Where have I EVER said marriage is solely about procreation?

Are you deliberately TRYING to distort what I say, or are you just a dumb blonde?

Smile.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#231696 Jul 3, 2014
?
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Where have I EVER said marriage is solely about procreation?
Are you deliberately TRYING to distort what I say, or are you just a dumb blonde?
Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min Fitius T Bluster 1,642,264
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 37 min June VanDerMark 320,084
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,801
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Not who you think 34,827
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web