Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245025 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231340 Jun 28, 2014
Our weather's good between the storms. I was watching Glastonbury out in the garden into the wee small hours until my dog started barking at Win Butler's eye make up. Do love Arcade Fire though, seen them live twice.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are rubbing with sandpaper - ;-(
Our balmy high summers, midsummer’s day was 4 days ago, the last decent day we had. We had about a week in the almost 20s to low 20s and no rain for two weeks. For the last three days it’s been overcast with a light wind blowing from the artic (brrrrr) and today we have had showers.
Further south it’s worse, heavy rain, flooding and thunder storms (I feel for Thinking) but it is Glastonbury weekend so it’s excepted. The weather does not usually stop the show but it has done, this weekend…
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainme...
http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/w...
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/7589900...
Good job we are not water soluble
Lab28

Anaheim, CA

#231341 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That doesn't make sense.
<quoted text>
Is there a specific part that you are having difficulty understanding? Perhaps I could expand on that part.
Thinking

Honiton, UK

#231342 Jun 28, 2014
Let's start with god's entrapment story.

The Adam and Eve story doesn't make sense. If they were commanded to do something and did not *before* they had knowledge of good and evil, then they were imperfectly designed.

It was the designer's fault.

We had a PM (Brown) that threw fax machines at the wall when they didn't work. He was a psycho, too.

So when is your god going to give his vengeance for his own f**k up a rest?
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a specific part that you are having difficulty understanding? Perhaps I could expand on that part.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#231343 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Let's start with god's entrapment story.
The Adam and Eve story doesn't make sense. If they were commanded to do something and did not *before* they had knowledge of good and evil, then they were imperfectly designed.
It was the designer's fault.
We had a PM (Brown) that threw fax machines at the wall when they didn't work. He was a psycho, too.
So when is your god going to give his vengeance for his own f**k up a rest?
<quoted text>
Genesis is a cave mans story to tell little children how things came to be, wwhen they should have just told them the truth, Gee son, we really don't have a GD clue how it came to be.
Instead they envisioned the ...
Pack your bags you're going on a guilt trip...cause we know you are sneaky story.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#231344 Jun 28, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem so. In a great many things we question why is this part of the plan? Why must we go through such anguish, and suffering? It can be difficult at times to hold on to faith in the midst of peril, when betrayal, or senseless affliction come our way.
But think about it, God loved man enough to give him dominion over the earth. When he created Adam he did three things. He told Adam to name the animals, gave him dominion over the plants and animals, and told him not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He gave Adam a job, a purpose, and a commandment. Right from the beginning. Any commandment implies choice. God would not have to command anything if we did not have it.
Would you rather not have choice? You have made the choice to walk away, would you rather not have any choice at all? To be compelled to love God? Or perhaps you are wishing for something that we all wish for that just doesn't happen - We want choice, but no consequences for making the wrong choices. But what kind of character does that build?
Is it unfair that God doesn't knock the guns out of the hands of murderers, or strike tyrants dead? But if He did strike tyrants dead, some would judge that to be unfair as well. Should He involve himself more deeply in the lives of men in order to prevent them from being wicked? Or would someone else just complain about His handling of those situations.
Compassion, power. If this is all there is you are absolutely correct, God either can't or won't make our lives supremely happy. But, some of what we are entitled to is not for this life. This life is about being grateful, building character, walking by faith, trusting God, furthering the kingdom and is but the blink of an eye to all that is in store.
Thnx for sharing your MYTHOLOGY
Now study other religions and you'll see how silly they and yours is

www.godchecker.com

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#231345 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is a cave mans story to tell little children how things came to be, wwhen they should have just told them the truth, Gee son, we really don't have a GD clue how it came to be.
Pack your bags you're going on a guilt trip...cause we know you are sneaky story.
.( A)..Well , we understand man and woman ....must procreate ...

( B).Life evolved from the primordial ooze ...We claim clay

(C) Big Bang ...We claim " God " said !".."....boom ..!

(D) the stars and their orbits ...We can all agree , pretty much , are in order ..

(E) Does, Man have dominion ....and , should we (F), be good stewards ...Biblical ..?...yes and yes ..

How about you heathens , take some time and explain to " us " why Genesis is so wrong ..in your eyes ..?

.....I await with abated breath ...

“Rising”

Milky Way

#231346 Jun 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.( A)..Well , we understand man and woman ....must procreate ...
( B).Life evolved from the primordial ooze ...We claim clay
(C) Big Bang ...We claim " God " said !".."....boom ..!
(D) the stars and their orbits ...We can all agree , pretty much , are in order ..
(E) Does, Man have dominion ....and , should we (F), be good stewards ...Biblical ..?...yes and yes ..
How about you heathens , take some time and explain to " us " why Genesis is so wrong ..in your eyes ..?
.....I await with abated breath ...
GD are you this f&^%ing stupid?
You really don't even have a valid argument that supports your genesis story.
Only a retard could think this is the way it happened.]
Cheetah

Lija, Malta

#231347 Jun 28, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rosa! How're you doing???
What's this, a ghetto atheist meeting?
Cheetah

Lija, Malta

#231348 Jun 28, 2014
Thinking wrote:
That doesn't make sense.
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand anything, boy, you should go back to grade school.
Cheetah

Lija, Malta

#231349 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts never make sense, Aura boy, stop making a fool of yourself with your illegible blabbery.

Las Vegas, NV

#231350 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
GD are you this f&^%ing stupid?
You really don't even have a valid argument that supports your genesis story.
Only a retard could think this is the way it happened.]
..yep , I'm retarded ...now go back and , issue my " letters " ...

“Rising”

Milky Way

#231351 Jun 28, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts never make sense, Aura boy, stop making a fool of yourself with your illegible blabbery.
So let explain it to you...Aura raises sword.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#231352 Jun 28, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
So ..you're a sock, how can you be so many people, you f-imn lunatic.

Las Vegas, NV

#231353 Jun 28, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a real French cushion, yourself.
:-)
..You couldn't have understood my post ....Do you work with the autistic or the alzheimer's
..?...I didn't even understand ' my' own post ...

I'm meant to say , there is no " irish" .."english"..nor any other blood line ..

“Rising”

Milky Way

#231355 Jun 28, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yep , I'm retarded ...now go back and , issue my " letters " ...
I don't do requests.

Las Vegas, NV

#231356 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So let explain it to you...Aura raises sword.
...I get erections too ..YOU WANNA COCK FIGHT ..ME...??

...I know it sounds pretty gay , and will probably look gay ...

..never mind ..( I don't want to hit you with my erection ...or get hit by yours )..sword means penis ..right ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#231357 Jun 28, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do requests.
..I don't think anybody can " just " disprove Genesis ...

without saying ..I find this wrong ..and this ..oh and also this ..

obviously , nobody was there to record the events ...but..besides the incest and 6 day thing ..Genesis ..stands up to scrutiny ...

Las Vegas, NV

#231358 Jun 28, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing that up... My avatar is what it is for a particular reason. It is a transitional fossil in human evolution that so many fundies say does not exist. I know it exists, I have seen it, touched it, measured it and was on the team that discovered it.
And you avatar is a grey ghost outline in the fog, we (the royal we) just can't help to wonder what kind of life choices did that to you?
..oh , honey bunny ..do you have a " name" for that hominid ...looks , homo sapien

As, for my profile Id , I'm fat and have the acne ..not really the ghost grey outline, I appear to be ..

Las Vegas, NV

#231359 Jun 28, 2014
Lab28 wrote:
<quoted text>
..well..?..What are you wearing ..?

Las Vegas, NV

#231360 Jun 28, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Number three has been looking for you all day. He asserts that you have number two in your shorts and plan to do a number one on a Quran in a bold uncompromising display of Christian superiority.
Shall we alert the media?
...I want to be President ( some day )....so let's ixnay ..on these youthful indiscretion's ..

..cool..?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DBWriter 1,263,925
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min DAVID27 310,352
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr stewart scott 29,854
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Earthling-1 6,488
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 10 hr Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
More from around the web