Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239935 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#231161 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac – Top of the morning to ya... Hows it hanging?
So far, so good, thanks.

Trying to save up enough to move back to Kerry... and my daughter's thinking of moving there, too, with her daughter.. Oughtta be fun - with my Mom there, that'll be four generations at once.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#231162 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac – Top of the morning to ya... Hows it hanging?
How's by you?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#231163 Jun 25, 2014
christmas was invented by backward people who had no knowledge of a world that extends as far as Australia.
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
We would celebrate that about now, Down Under. It's the correct time for that, Xmas is just a tradition brought here.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#231164 Jun 25, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So far, so good, thanks.
Trying to save up enough to move back to Kerry... and my daughter's thinking of moving there, too, with her daughter.. Oughtta be fun - with my Mom there, that'll be four generations at once.
It this retirement for you or a case of Kerry calling you home?

You’ll have to get used to the weather over here all over again. I have trouble when I’ve been in a warm country for just a few days. Actually we are going through a warm snap at the moment (between 19 and 24C) across the UK and here in Lancashire have had no rain for more than a week – must be summer.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How's by you?
Fine thanks, busy and hectic, but that’s life.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#231165 Jun 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, he pretended to be a Christian to use God, but then Judas betrayed them.
Ah, the morality of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
So who has the last laugh?
SMile.
Judas didn't betray anyone.

"[Jesus] answered and said,“Judas, your star has led you astray.” He continued,“No
person of mortal birth is worthy to enter the house you have seen, for that place is
reserved for the holy. Neither the sun nor the moon will rule there, nor the day, but the
holy will abide there always, in the eternal realm with the holy angels. Look, I have
explained to you the mysteries of the kingdom [46] and I have taught you about the error
of the stars; and […] send it […] on the twelve aeons.”"
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...

He he had, Jesus would not be speaking to him like this.

You do believe Jesus, right?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#231166 Jun 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you accept it was all god's fault but you'll still collaborate... you are a massive wimp.
<quoted text>
let me try and put this in terms that you should understand:

I'M NOT SO STUPID AS TO FIGHT AGAINST THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!!!

do you think for 1 second that God would give more power to his enemies and that y'all are going to win this thing? LMAO!!!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#231167 Jun 25, 2014
So you accept it was all god's fault but you'll still collaborate... you are motivated by fear, not by good.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
let me try and put this in terms that you should understand:
I'M NOT SO STUPID AS TO FIGHT AGAINST THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!!!
do you think for 1 second that God would give more power to his enemies and that y'all are going to win this thing? LMAO!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#231168 Jun 25, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, the dickhead was talking about someone else but once again you vomit you paverted ignorance across a perfectly decent thread.
could you please not take yourself so seriously, Christine?

i try not to take myself so seriously; i'm just trying to have a lil fun while putting witches in their place:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#231169 Jun 25, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...OR..they're ....just .....gay ..?
gay....witch....what's the diffy diffy?(omg - how gay did THAT sound?)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#231170 Jun 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
So you accept it was all god's fault but you'll still collaborate... you are motivated by fear, not by good.
<quoted text>
whatever your motivation may be, YOU DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ETERNITY IN A LAKE WHICH BURNS WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE; do you?:-)

"the fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom"

"prefect Love casts out all fear"

you hafta connect the dots, friend, i can only lay the trail out for you:-)
Not_You

United States

#231171 Jun 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
gay....witch....what's the diffy diffy?(omg - how gay did THAT sound?)
About the same as you always do.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#231172 Jun 25, 2014
Perhaps there is a god that rewards non-believers better than cowardly sycophants like you.

You can't disprove this.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever your motivation may be, YOU DO NOT WANT TO SPEND ETERNITY IN A LAKE WHICH BURNS WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE; do you?:-)
"the fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom"
"prefect Love casts out all fear"
you hafta connect the dots, friend, i can only lay the trail out for you:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#231173 Jun 25, 2014
Not_You wrote:
<quoted text>
About the same as you always do.
hahaha....you seriously got me lmao!:-)

"diffy diffy" is that retro paul lind on hollywood squares or what???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#231174 Jun 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Perhaps there is a god that rewards non-believers better than cowardly sycophants like you.
You can't disprove this.
<quoted text>
can you believe this guy? i'm trying to save him and this is how he talks to me......

picture if you will, you're about to be thrown into a solitary confinement cell on fire FOREVER!

DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE ANY BRAVE SOULS FACING THIS WHO WILL SMILE AND SHOUT "YEAH BABY - BRING IT ON"???

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#231175 Jun 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"[Jesus] answered and said,“Judas, your star has led you astray.” He continued,“No
person of mortal birth is worthy to enter the house you have seen, for that place is
reserved for the holy. Neither the sun nor the moon will rule there, nor the day, but the
holy will abide there always, in the eternal realm with the holy angels. Look, I have
explained to you the mysteries of the kingdom [46] and I have taught you about the error
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/...
That writing isn't lost, it was rejected silly girl!

Smile.

Albuquerque, NM

#231176 Jun 25, 2014

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/ ...
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
a. I'm not a girl....no need to apologize, I have accepted that you jumped the gun.

b. "God" doesn't reject inspiration, "He" gives it. Where does "God" reject this text, especially when it has Jesus teaching his message to his Apostles?

I think you are confused on who authorized what "inspired" texts and who didn't.

Please post where "God" has stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.

Then please post where MAN has stated such.

Whom are you going to believe?

Albuquerque, NM

#231177 Jun 25, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
BTW - who said anything about it being lost?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#231178 Jun 25, 2014

You can't disprove this.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can you believe this guy? i'm trying to save him and this is how he talks to me......
picture if you will, you're about to be thrown into a solitary confinement cell on fire FOREVER!
DO YOU THINK THERE WILL BE ANY BRAVE SOULS FACING THIS WHO WILL SMILE AND SHOUT "YEAH BABY - BRING IT ON"???

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#231179 Jun 25, 2014
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/ ...
<quoted text>
a. I'm not a girl....no need to apologize, I have accepted that you jumped the gun.
b. "God" doesn't reject inspiration, "He" gives it. Where does "God" reject this text, especially when it has Jesus teaching his message to his Apostles?
I think you are confused on who authorized what "inspired" texts and who didn't.
Please post where "God" has stated which texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not.
Then please post where MAN has stated such.
Whom are you going to believe?
Honey, I don't argue faith with faithless people.

Smile.
CunningLinguist

Jacksonville, FL

#231180 Jun 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture if you will the illusion of an afterlife.

Will people all faiths on the planet be in either a heaven or hell?

Got already know your decisions.

Your future is predetermined by him.

Free will is a contradiction in and of itself.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires." ~Susan B. Anthony

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min red and right 1,236,320
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 47 min ritedownthemiddle 5,747
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr sassyjm 310,002
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr stewart scott 29,781
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web