Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#230261 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure us?
Let's compare the violence and death that occurs today in the name of Islam or Christianity.
Smile.
Christianity: "We're not as bad as Islam"

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#230262 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure us?
Let's compare the violence and death that occurs today in the name of Islam or Christianity.
Smile.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity: "We're not as bad as Islam"
Bigot, where have I ever said that?

In YOUR community, right now, there are countless churches doing good works daily at NO expense to others. At the same time, they are constantly making efforts to improve themselves.

Do you have ONE comparable example of an atheist organization in your community???

Reality is,'rational atheist' oxymorons are more in line to be 'not as bad as Muslims'...

Smile.

Location hidden

#230264 Jun 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, complete and misguided delusion, as expected. Freedom is cherished in Islamic countries, the freedom to WORSHIP as they wish is a high priority, rather like your desire in that respect.
Name the Islamic countries you are talking about.

Smile.

Location hidden

#230267 Jun 4, 2014
Jeez Man wrote:
<quoted text>
What on Gods (no pun intended) green earth are you smoking? Christians are being persecuted and executed all over the Islamic Middle East.
Between this post and your Hitler one I have come to the conclusion that you are either a very brainwashed idiot, a compulsive liar, or suffering from sort of delusional mental illness. At this point I am think it might just be a combination of all 3.
I'm afraid this is the outcome of Islamic 'education'.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#230268 Jun 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the enlightened scientist through forensic discovery, and aided by the swift sword of justice , may judgement be served upon the dark and evil doers.
another reference to 'science' as tho it were an iffallible & living DEITY-speghetti-monster-sky-da ddy by one of it's deluded dweeb worshipers!

i use science appropriately to worship God since the study of the physical world speaks of it's Spirit Creator!

i challange your false deity to a dual to the death! you show me ANYTHING in nature that doesn't speak of its Creator and i will go away peacefully; if you can't - see ya....wouldn't wanna be ya! fair enough?:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230269 Jun 4, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
I see nothing wrong with living my life taking responsibility for what I do in it. Facing my mistakes and my trials head on , learning from all that experience but not hiding my actions behind the " sacrifice" of a human life. We are all responsible for what we do, and to whom.
yes - you're right! by rejecting the Son of God, you will be responsible for shedding His innocent blood and for all the blood of those who've died for the testimony of Christ!

i'm glad you're prepared for what you deserve so when the verdict is read, please try to hold back the weeping whaling and gnashing of teeth like a lil girly boy!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230272 Jun 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Après que vous.
When you stop your demeaning and insulting misogyny than ask again.
i stop and i'm sorry!

i can't help it if you remind me of brit eklund whom i've always wanted to F...!;-)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#230274 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure us?
Smile.
<quoted text>
Bigot, where have I ever said that?
I never said that you said that, but that is the implication when Christians compare themselves to Muslims.

What did I say that was bigoted?
KiMare wrote:
In YOUR community, right now, there are countless churches doing good works daily at NO expense to others. At the same time, they are constantly making efforts to improve themselves.
Do you have ONE comparable example of an atheist organization in your community???
Any secular institution.
KiMare wrote:
Reality is,'rational atheist' oxymorons are more in line to be 'not as bad as Muslims'...
Smile.
Wrong.

BTW, you asked or challenged an atheist, any atheist, to blaspheme or talk bad about your man/god, and to return in a month.

I did that, here, in response to your request. I experienced no difficulties, hardships,etc.. as you said would happen.

Your mythic man/god is ineffectual. Worthless.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#230275 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You can assure us?
Smile.
That pretty much covers ..all of it.

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230276 Jun 4, 2014
Jeez Man wrote:
I don't believe in atheism. I have seen no evidence that God does not exist and I can not accept it on faith alone. So please keep your non religion out of my public areas. All am I asking for is the same respect you have demanded from the rest us. Respect is a two way street. Try traveling it both ways.

[QUOTE who="Jeez Man"
" try to ignore things when I see them that are so strikingly stupid but every once in a while sometimes they are so stupid the person who said them need a slap of reality."
I agree you really need that slap ........

Location hidden

#230277 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a good example of murderers? That's a stupid hateful thing to say!
What does age have to do with a belief system following written instructions?
In Judaism, Christianity and Islam you have those who follow the instructions to the letter, and those who don't. We see the results right now, which is why you are back pedaling.
In fact, we can include 'rational atheist' oxymorons too. North Korea or even China.
Smile.
They blond too?

oxymoron = you

Location hidden

#230278 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
another reference to 'science' as tho it were an iffallible & living DEITY-speghetti-monster-sky-da ddy by one of it's deluded dweeb worshipers!
i use science appropriately to worship God since the study of the physical world speaks of it's Spirit Creator!
i challange your false deity to a dual to the death! you show me ANYTHING in nature that doesn't speak of its Creator and i will go away peacefully; if you can't - see ya....wouldn't wanna be ya! fair enough?:-)
You will have to stand in place in this duel waaasssuuup.
You champion your words, and my katanas are razor sharp.
Put your god before me and it's you that will be cut.

Boise, ID

#230279 Jun 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes - you're right! by rejecting the Son of God, you will be responsible for shedding His innocent blood and for all the blood of those who've died for the testimony of Christ!
i'm glad you're prepared for what you deserve so when the verdict is read, please try to hold back the weeping whaling and gnashing of teeth like a lil girly boy!
I am responsible for your support of human sacrifice? No that's your gig not mine. In addition I am a woman, you assume to know too much. You have your beliefs you go on ahead living your life as you see fit, stop shoving them on others, its rude and its disrespectful. I am sure you would not like anyone telling you that ODIN will be judging you for your failure to walk his path.

Location hidden

#230281 Jun 4, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Cristine wears a Burka so as not to offend the religious sentiments of the Islamic men she works with and lives with.
She would be required to in any majority Islamic country.

Boise, ID

#230282 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
She would be required to in any majority Islamic country.
Yes she would, in a Country that allowed THEISM to rule the liberties of their citizens such as Islamic Theistic rule. I am fortunate to live in a SECULAR nation that gives me the liberty to believe as I choose.

Location hidden

#230283 Jun 4, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I never said that you said that, but that is the implication when Christians compare themselves to Muslims.
What did I say that was bigoted?
<quoted text> Any secular institution.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
BTW, you asked or challenged an atheist, any atheist, to blaspheme or talk bad about your man/god, and to return in a month.
I did that, here, in response to your request. I experienced no difficulties, hardships,etc.. as you said would happen.
Your mythic man/god is ineffectual. Worthless.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
I didn't compare anyone, I challenged the accusation that Christians were worse than Muslims. This from atheists who are far more alike Muslims. That exposed your ignorant comment as rooted in your bigotry.

Hardly honey. Most of those organizations involve numerous Christians, and most likely were birthed by Christians.

Your denial belies the history of atheists in power. Even in at this present time.

I don't remember setting a time frame. However, I don't expect you to be honest about that since you obviously are not about the things we are discussing now.

Location hidden

#230284 Jun 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That pretty much covers ..all of it.
Do you have anything rational to say?

Boise, ID

#230285 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists who are far more alike Muslims.

This alone speaks volumes of ignorance,
Human history has many rulers that have committed atrocities, Hitler and Stalin had mustaches. It does not follow that mustaches were an important causal factor in the atrocities committed by them or under their tenure. Commonality is not causation, These were power hungry man that used whatever means they had to get what they wanted just as it is done today. To learn from the history if the key for the future to dwell on who had the mustache is irrelevant.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#230286 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
I didn't compare anyone, I challenged the accusation that Christians were worse than Muslims.

That's a comparison. You asked for the comparison.
KiMare wrote:
This from atheists who are far more alike Muslims. That exposed your ignorant comment as rooted in your bigotry.

No, atheist's do not have the belief gods exist, Christians and Muslims do.

It's quite ridiculous to say atheists are like Muslims.

[QUOTE who="KiMare"]Hardly honey. Most of those organizations involve numerous Christians, and most likely were birthed by Christians.
There are Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans, Christians, atheists and others that operate within secular organizations.

Their deity belief, or lack of deity belief has nothing to do with the help they give others, and a deity belief does not affect or influence the help given.
KiMare wrote:
Your denial belies the history of atheists in power. Even in at this present time.
Now you're comparing atheism to Christianity.

I understand, you can't help it.
KiMare wrote:
I don't remember setting a time frame. However, I don't expect you to be honest about that since you obviously are not about the things we are discussing now.
You certainly did set a time frame, of that there is no doubt.

Location hidden

#230287 Jun 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything rational to say?
Yeah...who ever let you out the fence again is getting their ass kicked!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Bluestater 1,153,955
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Cowobunga 201,164
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 28,382
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Pearl Jam 306,974
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 12 hr Roy the Boy 686
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Thu Earth inhabited 2,663
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web