Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244949 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#229962 May 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
... If you keep playing with it, it won't grow much.
I seem to have evidence that the opposite is true.

LOL

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#229963 May 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sind sie Deutsch?
I remember a story about the fall of Constantinople. The Ottoman lady who practised magic, predicted for one character: "U will die on a tree where there was no forest."
Indeed he did fall victim to Vlad.
No just a history buff. You remember I'm just like you Amerasian, though I may have some German blood.

http://www.donlinke.com/drakula/vlad.htm#Atro...

It goes like this in reality, he was at first a hero for destroying the foreign invading Muslim and Turk army's, some of them withdrew without a fight at the sight of his cruelty.
Then for some inexplicable reason , he turned his freakish nature own his own people. Perhaps the story of his wife dying has some role in this. But prolly insanity and the age old saying ultimate power ultimately corrupts applies. What ever the reason he bought his place in history and became a legend, even if infamous he is and was a critical mass of mystery and fear of what evil can do. I was surprised and even shocked when I learned he was like Hitler...a christian along with Henry and Mary they all made me take a hard look at religion.
Even fueled my desire to learn more about the truth.

Alaric wasn't any better, but he is another story.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229964 May 29, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he'll let you use the gavel and play the kazoo, too?
lmao

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#229967 May 30, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he'll let you use the gavel and play the kazoo, too?
He got Topix married to manoanomoly.

He blows the flute.

There is no doubt about that.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229968 May 30, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you can suck it, dirty Rosa Wankel?
Bless your heart.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#229970 May 30, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can suck it, dirty Rosa Wankel?
There, there, poor dear. Did you think you could call me names, and you wouldn't get it back.

If you need someone to get down on their knees and kiss it better, Waassy's the bitch for the job.
:-)

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#229971 May 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to have evidence that the opposite is true.
LOL
Good one, Benny boy. You're more of a man than some.

LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229972 May 30, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Miss Sturgeon.
Hawk actually.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229973 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t really give a sh|t what you were talking about, just turning the switch does not make it all go away.
The IRA still exist and is STILL committing murder
The KKK still exists and update there website regularly
Ahhh so killing less than 10 makers it all OK?
Yes 7 out of what,about 200 countries, that’s less than 10 so it must be OK in your book. But you want to use wikipedia as a source then try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...
Thank you for admitting it. but it seem your source is wikipedia, and that link you offered has been anonymously edited more than 30 times since October 2012.
Nope I am not denying any such thing, I am commenting on your bias, ignorance and hatred to the extent of racial hatred.
Most people agree with me on the point of christian wars, there are just a few deliberately ignorant christians who, despite the documented facts still deny it.
Rational, you use that word a lot, must be a pet of yours. Yet the US would not go to war with any muslim country without the backing/blessing/military/help of the majority of NATO aligned countries. Since before the American revolution, except once, whenever the US has tried they have got you a$$ spanked. And that once was against a group of poorly armed and badly organised hill farmers on a Caribbean island.
And again I ask, did anyone ever ask if they wanted saving? Nope they did not, the only reason for US (and NATO) intervention in the Arab world is political greed of oil revenue
So you choose war, fair enough – my clan motto is Aut Pax Aut Bellum, so this should be fun.
Honey, saying something doesn't make it so.

You still have NOTHING that equates to the violence that will be perpetrated on humanity TODAY! Zip, zero.

Nor is the horrific intolerance of Islamic violence limited to 7 countries.

First you decline to post validation, now you try to discount links FROM YOUR OWN POSITION!!! Everyone knows, if you really didn't believe them, all you would need to do is post validation disproving it.

As to your claims of Christian despots and wars, the facts don't agree with you, let alone most people. But you go right ahead and look like an idiot.

Kuwait didn't ask for saving, along with Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries providing a position to do so.

Oh, name one non-Islamic country where you are condemned to death for being a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smirk.

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#229974 May 30, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What multiple source evidence from history for murder? You need more than an accusation. He was accused of blasphemy and sedition against the Romans. The two biggies. Not murder.
The god book, written to big him up in your eyes says that he was accused of blasphemy and sedition against the Romans, contemporary historians and personalities tell it differently.
See the books of
Sara Reinke - Pantera
Robert Eisenman – James, the brother of Christ,
Hyam Maccobys – The Mythmaker,
Danial Underbank – Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus
Paul Cresswell – Jesus the Terrorist
Read up on the “Talmud”,“Sanhedrin”,“Fourth Philosophy”,“Sicarri” and ”Emperor Titus”

Also try “Emperor Theodosius” who attempted and mostly succeeded in destroying the facts. Despite his book burning rampage there is still more than one clam that the guy you know is the son of god was the illegitimate spawn of a roman soldier who joined the FP and then became leader of the Sicarri.
Try also the works of Josephus for background info info the period.
There is info is there online if only you could be bothered to take you god blinkers off and actually bother educating yourself

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#229975 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The god book, written to big him up in your eyes says that he was accused of blasphemy and sedition against the Romans, contemporary historians and personalities tell it differently.
See the books of
Sara Reinke - Pantera
Robert Eisenman – James, the brother of Christ,
Hyam Maccobys – The Mythmaker,
Danial Underbank – Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus
Paul Cresswell – Jesus the Terrorist
Read up on the “Talmud”,“Sanhedrin”,“Fourth Philosophy”,“Sicarri” and ”Emperor Titus”
Also try “Emperor Theodosius” who attempted and mostly succeeded in destroying the facts. Despite his book burning rampage there is still more than one clam that the guy you know is the son of god was the illegitimate spawn of a roman soldier who joined the FP and then became leader of the Sicarri.
Try also the works of Josephus for background info info the period.
There is info is there online if only you could be bothered to take you god blinkers off and actually bother educating yourself
Got a link?

#229976 May 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that, Christine. I might be part Irish, but I don't endorse terrorism in any form.
I hope your auntie is OK.
Thank you.

Most people don’t endorse terrorism, but there are a few nut jobs that seem determined to fook civilisation.

In the press everyday terrorism, the sort accepted as OK by morons like Rodney and KiMare, seems to have taken a back seat to “””Muslim””” terrorism but it still boils down to people being killed in the name of religion.

In her own words, she will never play the banjo again but she’s ok.

#229977 May 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you.
That one is such a good Xian - with all that entails. Pass the bucket.
I read that wrong first time, I thought you had written entrails and it makes just as much sense

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#229978 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In the press everyday terrorism, the sort accepted as OK by morons like Rodney and KiMare, seems to have taken a back seat to “””Muslim””” terrorism but it still boils down to people being killed in the name of religion.
Where did I say that?

You dispute the term Muslim terrorism, but attribute all other violence to Christian?

I guess that would make sense to a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron...

Smirk smile.

#229979 May 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, saying something doesn't make it so.
You still have NOTHING that equates to the violence that will be perpetrated on humanity TODAY! Zip, zero.
Nor is the horrific intolerance of Islamic violence limited to 7 countries.
First you decline to post validation, now you try to discount links FROM YOUR OWN POSITION!!! Everyone knows, if you really didn't believe them, all you would need to do is post validation disproving it.
As to your claims of Christian despots and wars, the facts don't agree with you, let alone most people. But you go right ahead and look like an idiot.
Kuwait didn't ask for saving, along with Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries providing a position to do so.
Oh, name one non-Islamic country where you are condemned to death for being a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.
Smirk.
First, I have come to consider that you are a liar, you claimed as a good chistian that you got your info regarding muslims from Al Jazeera. If that were true you would know that there is much muslim objection to the boko haram atrocity in

This is why we have education, books and even google. If you are too dumb to open a browser then don’t expect me to do it for you.
IRA, mass murder by terrorism. Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic mass murder by genocide, It may seem nothing to you but to their innocent victims and the survivors it really does kind of mean something quite important. So funny how you were not complaining (and perhaps even funding via NORAID) the murder of women and children by the IRA. So funny how your were not complaining about the Bosnian genocide of Muslims by good christians. You filter out those good Christian atrocities in the name of your faith. The atrocities carried out by some factions of Islam are exactly the as horrific as the atrocities carried out by some factions of christianity, the only difference is that you accept christian atrocities.
Nigeria

As I said and AS YOU ARE TRYING TO MISREPRESENT AND MISQUOTE, full sharia law is practiced in either 7 or 8 muslim countries as is documented, try educating yourself. Simply saying it isn’t so does not make it fact, it just makes you a liar – again. Oh and a hypocrite.

Right so hows about you posting a link to show how the universe was created by your god, how evolution did not happen and how your god exits? Hypocrite again...

Actually the facts do agree with me, the self serving stories of 1960/70s written to pacify an American audience and incidentally make a few dollars for the authors don’t agree with me. Do you really think I have not had this discussion on numerous occasions with numerous godbots and each and every time proved them wrong? If you are incapable of reading (and more to the point understanding) what is freely available then that is your problem.

One country? Just one, fair enough, and I believe you know it will, the USA, you will notice that pro-rata more atheist have been executed than christians and for essentially the exact same crime.
Also can you explain why the USA incarcerates more of it population than any other country in the world and why the USA is the only country in the world to have used nuclear weapons in anger? Why is the mortality rate at birth higher in the US than any other industrialised nation? Why is inequality in the US worse than any other industrialised nation?

Of course I know you don’t like talking about history but most certainly in fairly recent history christianity was just as guilty. Remember that Islam is a considerably younger religion than christianity, they still have to mature.

And that smirk makes you look so stupid, may I suggest you wipe it off your face before the wind changes and it sticks

#229980 May 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
You dispute the term Muslim terrorism, but attribute all other violence to Christian?
I guess that would make sense to a Blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron...
Smirk smile.
Say, no - but implied in your verbal tirade about muslim atrocities along with the acceptance of christian atrocities as “ancient history”, ie. Not worth counting
Where have I disputed the term muslim terrorism?
I guess that would make you a lying and hypocritical godbot

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229981 May 30, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way, was training to become a priest before the revolution
He never renounced his christianity and never said he was atheist, as a religious student he made two comments that cast doubt (in the eyes of certain people with there own agenda) on his faith, but hey, he was s student and what student does not question the status quo?
Following the consolidation of his power he began rebuilding the christian church, appointing priests and reopened the christian seminary among other religious works, is this the work of an atheist?
In his library were several christian books and he was known to discuss religion, god and christ in a favourable light with his daughter and some officials.
He was a secular minded religious opportunist. He didn’t use atheism to gain control, but his sick minded religious principles to overthrow the corruption of the christian church.
All this is documented by contemporary sources (not 1960/70s American authors, also with there own agenda) and available on the Internet
"Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way...."

SO! most of you hateful witches were influenced by christianity too, but you chose the world, the flesh and the devil over living in the spirit and now God and His people are your enemies just like it was for judas, stalin and all other wicked people throughout history. just like some traitors and spies chose to keep their identity a secret so that they can sabotage armies from within, so do some of y'all anticristers.....DUH!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229982 May 30, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe...
Why are lesbians atheists?
since the Bible encourages us to resist homosexuality as a sin of the flesh, i suspect they choose not to believe in God in order to appease their conscience:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229983 May 30, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA still uses capital punishment you moron So do many countries with a Christian majority.
there are no such laws from God for gentile nations (you moron), but it still makes sense for civil justice sake to execute those who commit heinous and brutal crimes rather than burden tax payers with millions upon millions of $ to take care of them the rest of their lives.

i don't know - maybe Christians are the only group of people still with common sense and decency on the planet and able to make such righteous decisions???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#229984 May 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're just a maggot.
Some of the best blokes I know are self-confessed "poofters". I refuse to let those sweet, good men be dragged down by a filthy POS like yourself.
Not that you COULD drag them down to your level, lowlife.
OUCH!

i suspect that you think of yourself as a non-judgmental, non-bias, non-bigoted and genuinely 'good' person.....with the HUGE EXCEPTION TO CHRISTIANS!

this is exactly how the germans justified their holocaust against the Jews!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 5 min Brian_G 1,716
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min Brian_G 310,346
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr red and right 1,263,781
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Laughing to the l... 6,486
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
More from around the web