Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255937 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#230167 Jun 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I like my women with either blond, brownette, brunette, redhead colors.
:)
Well shucks, you left out grey and thinning......I guess I am out of the color pool people like.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230168 Jun 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"You started it"
- kidz everywhere
..yeah..but...but....Two wrongs don't make a right ....sheesh..!

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ADULT ..HERE..

Las Vegas, NV

#230169 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You excuse christian terrorism, you deny christian terrorism and you lie about christian terrorism while coming down blindly and hard on Islamic terrorism.
I have no argument with the claim that Muslim atrocities happen often. I do have argument with any claim that say christian atrocities do not happen or that somehow Muslim atrocities are worse than christian atrocities.
I have already shown you where christians kill in the name of religion and YOU have condoned / excused / ignored them.

I will repeat the IRA are a christian funded organisation who murdered in order to attain a catholic state for all Ireland. It was funded by christian donation, mostly but not all collected by Americans in America. Although funding from the US has more or less dried up and they (claim) peaceful political involvement there are various branches, notably the RIRA are using terrorism.
Trying to excuse them or water them down is shame on you and considerably hypocritical.
..This is a perversity you limey git , none of this even makes sense .

If Christianity were conducive to terrorism , where pray tell are the other " Republican Armies " ..Catholics are all over the world ...

as , for the Ku Klux Klan ...do, you really believe their aim is to spread the gospel ..to bring others to the faith of Christ ..?

You do have me pegged right ...though..on those mad men who murdered abortion doctors ..that , is totally Christian inspired terrorism ...and , I can see why someone would be driven to such extremes ..

You can ...too...If you believed someone was harming children with impunity ....would , you ever decide " enough is enough " ..children are being slaughtered ...?

As , for Muslims ..they have enough problems ...but, I believe your Winston Churchill put it best " Where ever Islam is , peace isn't ."

Las Vegas, NV

#230170 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me what’s more of a threat? Maybe you should ask the victims of bombing and shooting in Ireland, England and Syria.
You really are a childishly sexist moron. Murder is murder, it really does not matter which faith does it. Difference is you accept and condone murder by christian why decrying murder by anyone else.
You ignorance and stupidity has made you accept murder in the name of your god
of course I'm biased but , I don't believe Jesus would ever condone murder to spread our faith ..( but , that's debatable ..right )

but . Mohammad sword and subjection were his forte ...( from my understanding )

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#230171 Jun 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like using human embryos to harvest stem cells ...
That isn't what comes to mind , but yes that would be unethical also. Which they have learned to be able to replicate now without the need to harvest embryos.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#230172 Jun 3, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shucks, you left out grey and thinning......I guess I am out of the color pool people like.
None of us are going to like that part ...sorry. But hey it is happening to me too.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#230173 Jun 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..This is a perversity you limey git , none of this even makes sense .
If Christianity were conducive to terrorism , where pray tell are the other " Republican Armies " ..Catholics are all over the world ...
as , for the Ku Klux Klan ...do, you really believe their aim is to spread the gospel ..to bring others to the faith of Christ ..?
You do have me pegged right ...though..on those mad men who murdered abortion doctors ..that , is totally Christian inspired terrorism ...and , I can see why someone would be driven to such extremes ..
You can ...too...If you believed someone was harming children with impunity ....would , you ever decide " enough is enough " ..children are being slaughtered ...?
As , for Muslims ..they have enough problems ...but, I believe your Winston Churchill put it best " Where ever Islam is , peace isn't ."
Why do you, my dreariest obese yank tank (yes we can all insulting call names based on national stereotypes) talk total garbage about what you don’t understand?

If you have so much difficulty understanding me then try educating yourself, here is something that should suite your intellect, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...

I have no idea why the KKK went around killing people solely on the grounds of racial hatred,(you seem to be the one who can relate to terrorists). That of course makes no difference to the facts that they went around killing people and are still a christian group.

So you can see why people kill other people based on nothing more than personal preference? How very christian of you. And there you go, displaying your ignorance, not ‘with impunity’ but with the backing of the LAW of your country. You don’t like the LAW of your country then vote in someone who will change the LAW to cope with your murderous sensibilities rather than KILLING people for following that law. As an aside it is not your body to make the decision for.

Yes interesting that you brought up a quote that does not appear to be attributed to Chruchill, perhaps you have written it in your own words. You will also notice Churchill welcomed Islam in his fight against Axis several years before the yanks decided to help out.

And that you seem to have forgotten another famous quote by Churchill –“Americans always do the right thing after they’ve tried everything else.”

#230174 Jun 3, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>of course I'm biased but , I don't believe Jesus would ever condone murder to spread our faith ..( but , that's debatable ..right )
but . Mohammad sword and subjection were his forte ...( from my understanding )
Of course you are biased, what else would you call making statements that have absolutely no evidence to back them up?

There is however more than one source of evidence to say that the guy you know as jesus was a terrorist in the Fourth Philosophy anarchist group and a leader of the Sicarri terrorist. Being such means that in all probability he repeatedly used murder to spread his conviction. And of course your god books claims your god as the most prolific murderer (pro rata) that has ever lived and the murderer of children, he condones slavery, theft and rape too. It’s all written in your book but I guess you choose to ignore those hurtful passages (or interpret them as you wish, not as they are written) so nothing new in your version of morality.

You will also note that your faith is a bastardisation of several Hebrew faiths that were not formalised until over 300 years after the late JCs crucifixion for his crimes against the state.

There is a big difference between the quran and the babble, the quran is as originally written, It may not be nice to a westerner but it is unchanged. On the other hand the babble has changed often and there were so many different versions that King James chose to re-compile it, not from original works but from half a dozen of the popular babbles of the time. Guess what, there are now over 200 different English language versions spawning over 40,000 different sects of christinsanity, each claiming their interpretation of the version of the book they choose is correct.

Yes the stories of mo, far more truthful about his murdering technique but even muslims are guilty of selective interpretation of their god book. Hence the reason that most muslims are peaceful family oriented people and a fewe are mirduring terrorists, rather like christiand really.;

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#230176 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that many academics who have studied Stalin tell you the facts and those who believe in guesswork, mythology and mumbo-jumbo claim they know better – right...
So anyone you find abhorrent, christian, muslin or Russian is the antichrist. Are you really this ignorant of the subject you choose you argue? You take the abridged christian view of one small section of a guys life without knowing or understanding the historical context or detail, the reasons for what he did.
Oh he’s a bad man because he killed christians – how pathertic, he killed anyone who got in his way. He also cleansed the Russian orthodox church of corruption and false demigods, you should be grateful for that rather than drawing conclusions from his actions during a REVOLUTION. You should also be grateful for the fact that following his consolidation of power he began rebuilding the churchy and its institutions.
There is a considerable difference between the democratic process in the US and the fascist dictatorship imposed by of the pre revolutionary Tsars. But feel free to draw your own BS conclusions based on nothing more than your personal viewpoint. It is after all the good christian way.
You also don’t seem to know much about the babble, there is documented evidence in the history of Emperor Titus that both judas and yeshua (the guy you know as jesus) were the same guy. Their names in Hebrew only required a few letters transposing to create a plot to discredit the sicarii terrorist of whom the late jc was a leader as the leader who betrayed himself. It was not until the Greek translation of the documentation of this plot that the name jesus was adopted.
you're projecting your own bigotry and hatred on me so it's impossible to have an objective conversation with you:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230177 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignored on the grounds that you are a sick minded pervert, such a good christian, a role model for those good christian child abusers we hear so much about in the news
it's really too bad that you have a stick up your ass and that you justify your bigotry against me (Christians) or we might be able to laugh together and be friends:-(

when the world becomes fascist and is under antichrist rule and if you're still around, it seems obvious that you would condone and very possibly be a zealous contributor in a holocaust aginst christians! read your own posts for yourself and tell me it isn't so!:-)

#230178 Jun 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're projecting your own bigotry and hatred on me so it's impossible to have an objective conversation with you:-)
Who started the misogyny?

Who is the one making BS up because he does not know facts?

Of course you see having a discussion with someone who actually knows what they are talking about to be disconcerting. It makes you look foolish, but that’s not my problem.

And the fact that facts do not agree with your delusion may also have something to do with it.

#230179 Jun 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's really too bad that you have a stick up your ass and that you justify your bigotry against me (Christians) or we might be able to laugh together and be friends:-(
when the world becomes fascist and is under antichrist rule and if you're still around, it seems obvious that you would condone and very possibly be a zealous contributor in a holocaust aginst christians! read your own posts for yourself and tell me it isn't so!:-)
Here we go again, more verbal abuse based on nothing but ignorance and lies. Hope it helps you masturbate better.

There is no way that I'd consider your puerile misogyny worthy of a laugh but feel free to dream.

Honey, christianity has had it’s day and it failed in the wake of science, live with it. And of course because the truth hurts and you have no way of understanding or reconciling the dislike of morons like you then you have to make up more make believe and BS to bolster your hatred.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

#230180 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have you got to distort what I say and lie to give credence to your own wet dreams?
Who said I give, oh you did. Just because you feel that verbal abuse and hatred of the atheist earns you extra god points (as you term it grace) has nothing to do with me. That is your own disturbed personality that believes calling abusive and deliberately demeaning misogynyistic names gets you to heaven quicker.
Honey the distortion is ALL yours. Of God no less. I simply called you on it and now you are back pedaling.

Now you are telling God who goes to heaven and why. That's quite a faith you have in yourself...

It's that 'faith'(arrogance) that keeps you a 'rational atheist' oxymoron.

Smile.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230183 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started the misogyny?
Who is the one making BS up because he does not know facts?
Of course you see having a discussion with someone who actually knows what they are talking about to be disconcerting. It makes you look foolish, but that’s not my problem.
And the fact that facts do not agree with your delusion may also have something to do with it.
i don't know......maybe if you can say a few words to me sans the insults i might believe that you're objective and could listen to what you're saying???:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230184 Jun 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, more verbal abuse based on nothing but ignorance and lies. Hope it helps you masturbate better.
There is no way that I'd consider your puerile misogyny worthy of a laugh but feel free to dream.
Honey, christianity has had it’s day and it failed in the wake of science, live with it. And of course because the truth hurts and you have no way of understanding or reconciling the dislike of morons like you then you have to make up more make believe and BS to bolster your hatred.
alas - you called me "Honey" which defenitely "helps you(me) masturbate better"!

i'm not stopping until your frown is turned upside down and you're able to laugh with me.....

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#230186 Jun 3, 2014
Rodny wrote:
The success and spread of Islam was based on the sword......
Just like Christianity.

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230187 Jun 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think human sacrifice is a acceptable and a moral act....
Your moral compass out of whack!
Did you read what I said? let me revisit my words....." to Christians the HUMAN SACRIFICE is moral and just , yet I see that is completely immoral to even celebrate! "

Since: Aug 13

Boise, ID

#230188 Jun 3, 2014
Rodny wrote:
Christine, without using verbal abuse, because that would be childish and un-Christian, I would like to point out that you are mistaken on many things.
The success and spread of Islam was based on the sword. How do you think all the Middle Eastern and North African countries converted to Islam?
Because they were forced to.
This is part of Islamic history.
The mention of the sword for conversion is even in the Koran, and Mohammed encouraged it and took part in it.
In fact even today other religions, and also atheism, are not tolerated in most Muslim countries.
Slavery is also common and going on in some Muslim countries, especially in Africa. Just google modern slavery.
It was the European Christian nations who abolished slavery in the 19th century, especially in their African colonies.
I already explained to you that the IRA is not a Christian organization but an Irish Independance organization.
Defending Islam and attacking Christians does not make sense to me.
It would be fair to say the history of religion and how it has spread has blood on all sides , you can not really say Monotheistic religions have no blood to account for. The same for Polytheism, humans have and sadly always will wage war over it, and over many other things. I do have to shudder at what people do and have done in the name of their "god".

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#230189 Jun 3, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read what I said? let me revisit my words....." to Christians the HUMAN SACRIFICE is moral and just , yet I see that is completely immoral to even celebrate! "
if by 'human sacrifice' you're referring to Christ on the Cross; you may have it your way and bear your own sins!

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#230190 Jun 3, 2014
nutinlikett wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then , it doesn't apply to you then does it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 38 min OzRitz 9,987
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 51 min Yeah 1,403,354
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,487
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web