Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
220,521 - 220,540 of 224,166 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple equation, I take it you have problems with hard ones that you canít understand.
P.S. for an equation to be valid it needs substance in its coefficients;. You were threatening a person who does not believe in you mythology and knows it to be mythology with your mythology. Your equation has no substance therefore an empty threat
P.S. I know several christian gays, do you have an abusive moniker for them too?
Our Waassy forgot to pull his shirt back down - AGAIN!
:D

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, obfuscation, seems that is all you have in your arguments.
Thor is no longer worshipped just as in all probability, in a thousand years time* your god will be lost to all but history and the churches you build will be in architecturally interesting ruins just as religious sites of history are now.
http://listverse.com/2011/08/25/top-10-ancien...
All dead religious sites - gone but what is left in the dust
http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2013/11/viking...
* Note that in the UK it is estimated that christianity will become a minority religion within 25 to 50 years. In France the instance of christianity has dropped from nearing 100% pre revolution to 18% now and still falling. Most European countries show similar trends.
It's a dinosaur's religion.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Misogynous prigÖBegging forgiveness for being a moron does not earn you any extra god point you know. You have already spilt the milk, live with it.
And that just prove the sexism you are indoctrinated into by your childhood babble study
Thanks again for showing your faith for what it is.
That should give the Pauline MCP something to squeal about. LOL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

ďI came to Him because I did not know which way to turn. I remained with Him because there is no other way I wish to turn. I came to Him longing for something I did not have. I remain with Him because I have something I will not trade. I came to Him as a stranger. I remain with Him in the most intimate of friendships. I came to Him unsure about the future. I remain with Him certain about my destiny. I came amid the thunderous cries of a culture that has 330 million deities. I remain with Him knowing that truth cannot be all-inclusive.Ē
&#8213; Ravi Zacharias

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not there is such a god, according to the Bible.
Here is what it says
"Satan is the god of this world."
"The one who deceives all the world."
One of the most interesting passages of the Bible which I find interesting, and which many Christians overlook, is the private conversation Jesus had with Pilate before being sentenced.
Pilate : Are you a king?
Jesus : To this end was I born, and for this end came I into this world.
Pilate : If you are a king why doesn't your army come to save you from these people?
Jesus : My kingdom is not of this world. If it was so an army of angels(spirits) would come to save me.
There you have it, contrary to what most Christians tell you, Satan is the god of this world, not Jesus.
His kingdom is still to come, at least according to the Bible.
Which is why evil, injustice and deceit reign in this world, and is rewarded.
Does that answer your question, which is in your favour anyway.
Btw, also contrary to what many so called Christians tell you, atheists will not go to hell. This is not found in the Bible.
If you don't believe that , read the bible..and if you don't believe that, read the bible, if you don't believe that, listen to you... because you read the bible!

Seriously....... don't you see the fatal error in your logic?
Of course not, you're a silly believer in the bile bull!

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and see what the other resurgent religion, Islam, will be like.
Atheists are not tolerated in Islam.
I know that. Along with Jews, homosexuals and usually strong women.

Marrying little girls...now that's just fine and dandy according to those ar$#lifters.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Thinking wrote:
Do you treat people differently based on their hair colour?
Slimy.
<quoted text>
Of course, because they're Xians.

That dingbat Kimare even calls African-American and Chinese posters blondes. Easy to see which one is dumb.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
OUCH - i musta forgot how mean and angry you are! i don't need yet ANOTHER girlfriend like dat!;-)
Yes, we all know that your girlfriend doesn't talk too much - or at all.
http://www.spencersonline.com/adult_novelty_l...

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
OUCH - i musta forgot how mean and angry you are! i don't need yet ANOTHER girlfriend like dat!;-)
Oh my dear, you were the one vomiting the sexism - again, you donít like what you sow then thatís just tough

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, we all know that your girlfriend doesn't talk too much - or at all.
http://www.spencersonline.com/adult_novelty_l...
Lmao!

G'day Rosa :-)

Pml.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought that skull was you...lol
LOL - I am thin, right on the boundary of the BMI chart, I prefer slender, svelte or much better, elegant.

But you are correct, I am not that thin to be skeletal and do have flesh and skin on my skeleton. Itís just an ignorant godbot trying (and failing) to belittle me so he can earn extra god points, I am sure these numpties donít even realise that lies and deceit deduct those wondrous get to heaven points they all crave.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why it's such a SICK belief system.
It's also why we need law and order, not theocracy. And not the way crims get out early by "conning the chaplain".
I find it very telling that the US (and by all accounts the UK) prison population houses more than the national average of christians and far less than the national average of atheist.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That should give the Pauline MCP something to squeal about. LOL
Methinks they should research the history of a guy named Saulus Ė later (several hundred years later) to become St Paul and the object of much worship.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know what you are talking about.
A muslim will not tolerate an atheist.
If you were living in a Muslim country you would be beheaded in public for blasphemy.
If you don't believe it google it.
You should thank Christians for giving you the liberty to be an atheist.
Of course you donít know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption.

I have in the past spent a considerable amount of time in various Muslim countries, my husband (also atheist) is flying out to one today. The area I live is almost 12% Muslim, I can see 5 mosques from my office window (funnily enough more mosques than churches). 60% of the staff I employ are Muslim and the only people I can have decent, meaningful conversations with regarding religion here on topix are either atheist or muslim.

It seems that you have been brain washed by you local church hate campaigns and supermarket tabloid odium sheets. Either that or you are too stupid to discern the difference between Muslim and terrorist. Itís only makes sense for good christians to separate good christian murderers and groups like the IRA, NLFT, KKK etc from mainstream christianity but when it comes to other religions, such separation is anathema. More of your god given christian intolerance and deliberate ignorance.

Honey, atheism is the default birth state of humanity. Or perhaps you can provide evidence of a new born baby that believes in any deity. You should thank atheist that you have the choice and freedom to indoctrinate your children out of their initial state.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
More mumbo jumbo.
I was not talking about physical science in general but about pseudo scientific theories which are against the rules of science itself.
Your first often repeated sentence is also contradictory and flawed, and proves my point.
"It seems that I must repeat again, the laws that now govern this universe did not exist."
That's exactly it, Who brought these laws that govern the universe into existence?
You were talking about physical science which is WHY you wrote the word science and there again you show your deliberate ignorance.

And because you donít know (or donít want to know) how these laws (that you insist applied before they existed) came into being then you must guess that you god dun it and that makes it all scientific and logical - pahhhh.

The laws of thermodynamics resolved because of physical properties of the universe at the time. No god was needed.

Honey, you are guessing based on nothing but a story written by goat herders in a bronze age book that was plagiarised from other older books, that is the epitome of pseudo mumbo jumbo.

But if you are content to live your life based on a guess then that entirely up to you. But please do not ever proclaim your guess as fact because that would make you a liar and debar you from your dream of heaven that you crave.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you donít know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption.
I have in the past spent a considerable amount of time in various Muslim countries, my husband (also atheist) is flying out to one today. The area I live is almost 12% Muslim, I can see 5 mosques from my office window (funnily enough more mosques than churches). 60% of the staff I employ are Muslim and the only people I can have decent, meaningful conversations with regarding religion here on topix are either atheist or muslim.
It seems that you have been brain washed by you local church hate campaigns and supermarket tabloid odium sheets. Either that or you are too stupid to discern the difference between Muslim and terrorist. Itís only makes sense for good christians to separate good christian murderers and groups like the IRA, NLFT, KKK etc from mainstream christianity but when it comes to other religions, such separation is anathema. More of your god given christian intolerance and deliberate ignorance.
Honey, atheism is the default birth state of humanity. Or perhaps you can provide evidence of a new born baby that believes in any deity. You should thank atheist that you have the choice and freedom to indoctrinate your children out of their initial state.
Interesting.

You make unvalidated claims of supposed Christians in prison, while extolling the virtues of Muslims.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of horrific violence occurring right now is either in Islamic countries or fomented by Muslims.

You claim the virtues of intelligent conversation with Muslims as a woman.

But meanwhile, you ignore (as does the rest of Islam) the 300 girls kidnapped for sex slavery because Islam subjects women to ignorance.

Ah, the reasoning of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...

Smile.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Judged:

Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably wanted to say "sister" not "girlfriend" :)
And didn't you know that there are also bad doctors, just like pseudo scientists?
Or bad mechanics, or bad plumbers?
So your argument is again irrelevant and flawed.
No bad feelings, I am treatimg you like a sister.
I know you are a good woman at heart, just mislead on some things.
Probably? More guesswork. You newness on this forum is showing.

The guy is a sexist moron and this is not the first time (or nth time, nor am I the first person or nth person) to which he has tempted to disregard his biblical beliefs by mocking his belief on commandment 9 or 10 depending on which babble you choose to read.

Honey, if any doctor threatened me or mine with religious reproach / hell because I asked for a second opinion I would see to it that he faced a medical hearing and in all probability he would be disbarred from the BMA. What doctors are allowed to get away with in your god blessed county is not my problem.

Funny really, the scientist that I know (and I know a few), I have several PHDs working for me although not in the pure science fields. I often dine with one of the world leading authorities on particle physics, he was instrumental in the design of the LHC and teaches in several universities. Each and every one has spent at least 7 years studying to gain their qualifications. Of the religious big wigs I know, and again I know several, my best friend is as high and any woman can get in the British branch of the BAC church, only two have spent more than 2 years in further education to gain their qualifications, which happens to be typical across the profession. Pseudo???

Sister? Methinks you need to research the genetics of that statement because me being your sister disproves your babble in more ways than one. A statement that is probably way above you so I suggest you spend a years or two in DNA / genetics research before you start questioning it.

Oh I am a good woman for sure, I certainly believe so, I can pretty much guarantee that my morality is at least on par and seemingly above that of most christians I meet. As for being misled, since when has truth and evidential fact been seen as misled in any other grouping but the deliberately ignorance of some christian numpties? Honey I am not the one hawking a cloned bronze age god book that cannot be falsified and has no validation and is repeatedly proven to be incorrect, thatís you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You make unvalidated claims of supposed Christians in prison, while extolling the virtues of Muslims.
Meanwhile, the vast majority of horrific violence occurring right now is either in Islamic countries or fomented by Muslims.
You claim the virtues of intelligent conversation with Muslims as a woman.
But meanwhile, you ignore (as does the rest of Islam) the 300 girls kidnapped for sex slavery because Islam subjects women to ignorance.
Ah, the reasoning of 'rational atheist' oxymorons...
Smile.
Not invalidated, just denied by godbots like you, go on, educate yourself and look it up on google scholar the data is there for you to peruse.

Oh I agree with you on the violence count, for the most part christians have been cowed into submission and given up, been beaten or simply died out in the christian countries. Such good christians as Stalin, Hitler, Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, NLFT, the KKK and those darling anti abortionists in the US. However their are still some good christian atrocities for you to hide, catholic priests sexually abusing children, the IRA are still killing people, the KKK are still killing and intimidating people and those darling anti abortionist are still using intimidation and force to impose there belief on others.

Yes I do make that claim and I know of one other person on this thread, another British atheist who will confirm that, and others on other threads. But feel free to guess if thatís what gets you off in the name of your god

I do not ignore the atrocities of one group and neither does Islam who condemn the kidnap of those girls just as you and any other decent person would. But once again if thatís the dream that consoles your belief in (funnily enough) the same god then feel free to lie about it.

Ahh the deliberate ignorance of godbot christardsÖ

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption.

It seems that you have been brain washed by you local church hate campaigns and supermarket tabloid odium sheets. Either that or you are too stupid to discern the difference between Muslim and terrorist. It’s only makes sense for good christians to separate good christian murderers and groups like the IRA, NLFT, KKK etc from mainstream christianity but when it comes to other religions, such separation is anathema. More of your god given christian intolerance and deliberate ignorance.

"Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption."

The best description of Rodny, that I've read to date.

It's nice to have a laugh such as this. Cheers.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2014

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course you don’t know what I am talking about, you are deliberately ignorant beyond redemption."
The best description of Rodny, that I've read to date.
It's nice to have a laugh such as this. Cheers.
The comment was well earned and you are welcome to enjoy it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,080,285
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 52 min Fight On 26,672
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr The_Box 305,088
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 22 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••