Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#230037 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what?
Actually Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were/are christian. Don’t know about the rest and not really bothered.
However that makes not the slightest difference to the FACTS
Just because they upset your sensibilities does not give you the right to dictate who is and who is not Christian, or perhaps you have been made pope and no one bathered telling the church?
seriously .."ChristineM" ..seriously ..?!

I'm verboten from dictating who is who isn't a Christian , but you can ..??...Who died , and left you Queen ..?
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230038 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

The sickest religion is all a tough one and the accolade goes jointly to all 3 of the abrahamic religions but on a personal note Muslims have never hurt me or mine, Jews have never hurt me or mine, christians have.
Why must you equivocated , to hide your prejudices ...you horrid woman ..

The IRA , is more about the abuses of a majority inflicting on the minority .

the IRA , never bombed Scandinavia , Germany or any Protestant nation you wish to name ..

The English persecuted the Irish ...and , you know it ...You and yours created the monster , and now you blame it for biting you ...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230039 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin was born into a christian family, educated in christian way, was training to become a priest before the revolution
He never renounced his christianity and never said he was atheist, as a religious student he made two comments that cast doubt (in the eyes of certain people with there own agenda) on his faith, but hey, he was s student and what student does not question the status quo?
Following the consolidation of his power he began rebuilding the christian church, appointing priests and reopened the christian seminary among other religious works, is this the work of an atheist?
In his library were several christian books and he was known to discuss religion, god and christ in a favourable light with his daughter and some officials.
He was a secular minded religious opportunist. He didn’t use atheism to gain control, but his sick minded religious principles to overthrow the corruption of the christian church.
All this is documented by contemporary sources (not 1960/70s American authors, also with there own agenda) and available on the Internet
you're entitled to your opinions , but not your facts ..

Under the communist religion was forbidden ...and persecuted .

Stalin did enter a seminary ..but , quit ...I suspect he realized they were going to rejected him , and so to save face he dropped out .

Everybody born before the 1960's was born into a religious household ...everybody..
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230040 May 31, 2014
Wow.."ChristineM" ..I'm surprised I have found so much to disagree with ...mayhaps , I'm still angry about that " War of 1812 " thing ...cheers ..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#230041 May 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..( sigh )..I loathe to answer a question with a question ..but , regarding the history of the Crusades and the Inquisitions , where does the bias of these historians lie ' pro-Christian' or 'anti-Christian'?
The sad reality is there are always ( 3 ) sides to every dispute ..My side , Your side , and then there's the truth .
What I know of the Inquisitions , is that they were never sanctioned by Rome , the royalty of the said nations used their influence in the Church to rob their enemies of their land , be assured the landless peasants were never subject to these trials ..
Mayhaps , the Church should have bared down more forcefully , on this abuse of power ; but hindsight is 'always' 20/20 .
Historians uncovered ' this ' hidden truth ..don't be absurd , it was never hidden ..From whence all the documentation and plethora of photographs ...?
Although , I doubt anybody here actually knew that that Nazi bastard Churchill attacked an unsuspecting French Navy .....although , the fact that France succumbed in 6 weeks . Proves that that limey fatso was balls on ..
You have proven number four means 2 number two's.
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230044 May 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You have proven number four means 2 number two's.
..Whoosh..

right over my head...
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230045 May 31, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawk actually.
..you're ..YOU'RE ....HAWK MAN..!?

I love you man !
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230046 May 31, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the scriptures you quote mention an eternal life in hell.

So yes, Christians who teach of an eternal punishment in some burning hell are all mistaken.
The reference to the Lake of Fire is about throwing the unrepentant wicked to be burned up at the resurrection, not to keep on burning forever.
Only the Muslim Koran speaks of an eternal hell in fire after death.
There is no such teaching in the Bible.
.."Depart from me ,you cursed ,into the eternal fire !" ..Jesus ..32 A.D.

Hell is eternal ...or ...You claim Jesus is a liar .
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230047 May 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The god book, written to big him up in your eyes says that he was accused of blasphemy and sedition against the Romans, contemporary historians and personalities tell it differently.
See the books of
Sara Reinke - Pantera
Robert Eisenman – James, the brother of Christ,
Hyam Maccobys – The Mythmaker,
Danial Underbank – Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus
Paul Cresswell – Jesus the Terrorist
Read up on the “Talmud”,“Sanhedrin”,“Fourth Philosophy”,“Sicarri” and ”Emperor Titus”
Also try “Emperor Theodosius” who attempted and mostly succeeded in destroying the facts. Despite his book burning rampage there is still more than one clam that the guy you know is the son of god was the illegitimate spawn of a roman soldier who joined the FP and then became leader of the Sicarri.
Try also the works of Josephus for background info info the period.
There is info is there online if only you could be bothered to take you god blinkers off and actually bother educating yourself
Look if Christianity was fake ..at least one of the Apostles would have recanted ...and, show the authorities were Jesus's body was hidden ..none ever did .

..( also , I admire you honesty ..but, do you have a photo of yourself where you are just a wee bit younger ...the one in your image profile makes you look kinda old .)...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#230048 May 31, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you're ..YOU'RE ....HAWK MAN..!?

I love you man !
Thanks chicky.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#230051 May 31, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought DS was a woman.
Could someone clear this up?
Thinking again? Bless your heart.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#230054 May 31, 2014
WTF is Dave Nelson at?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#230055 Jun 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
WTF is Dave Nelson at?
Dave and I are hanging out on his patio overlooking the ocean, in the Jacuzzi, enjoying a few lagers.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#230056 Jun 1, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the scriptures you quote mention an eternal life in hell.
In fact they all mention the exact opposite...death.
"The wages of sin is death."
Not eternal life in some hell.
It was a mistake. The original author meant "The wages of life is death."

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#230057 Jun 1, 2014
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave and I are hanging out on his patio overlooking the ocean, in the Jacuzzi, enjoying a few lagers.
Awesome.

Do you have to plug it in? The Jacuzzi, I mean.

Does it have an ashtray?

Oh and stop using my sock.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#230058 Jun 1, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Awesome.
Do you have to plug it in? The Jacuzzi, I mean.
Does it have an ashtray?
Oh and stop using my sock.
When I was serving in Nam, I used a sock as a coffee filter.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#230059 Jun 1, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was serving in Nam, I used a sock as a coffee filter.
What were you serving in Nam, sir?

Phat Thai?

Hold the shrimp, please.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#230060 Jun 1, 2014
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230061 Jun 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
One country? Just one, fair enough, and I believe you know it will, the USA, you will notice that pro-rata more atheist have been executed than christians and for essentially the exact same crime.
Also can you explain why the USA incarcerates more of it population than any other country in the world and why the USA is the only country in the world to have used nuclear weapons in anger? Why is the mortality rate at birth higher in the US than any other industrialised nation? Why is inequality in the US worse than any other industrialised nation?
a).We only execute murders ..and, how do you know most are atheist ..you don't .
b) We have allowed the penal system to become a lucrative business , and our streets are awash in guns .

c) yes , we destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki ...but...It was 'you' Brits who used starvation as a weapon ..

d) mortality rate and inequality ..I think we spend too much money defending Western Europe ( but , that being said I would rather have our nations problems than yours .)
number four

Las Vegas, NV

#230062 Jun 1, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
They're good words for profanity, holy spappin' jesus sh!t, heard of free speech?
Of course not, American I presume?
http://i.imgur.com/rGUSP6b.jpg
..ha ha he he ..Touche'

Odin's balls , you can be comical ..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,601,599
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 55 min Truth_hurts01 34,210
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr POPS 11,563
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zach 317,506
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web