Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255853 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#229904 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!
Do you have any documented evidence that Thinking’s statement was worthy of laughter

Or are you just a numpty laughing in the name of your belief that goddunit wiv magic and everyone else wot don’t believe like wot you believe is to blame.

#229905 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
listen - if you're trying to throw yourself at me, can you at least send me a recent pic with you scantly clothed?:-)
I am dyslexic but it seems that you are the on who is unable to read.

Tell me, did your boyfriend fook your butt last night or was it your priests turn?

#229906 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you silly witch! Christ taught His disciples to love, not kill! therefore these people are NOT His followers nor are they CHRISTian - DUH!
Do you have any evidence that the late jc did any such thing. Remember that the babble compiled by committee 350 years after events, edited and bastardised to the extent that it had to be re-compiled in the early 1600s, not from the original but from babbles available at the time is not evidence.

However there is actual contemporary evidence that the guy you call christ was a terrorist and murderer who was crucified for his crimes. Using this (multiply sourced) evidence those people are MORE christian than you.

And since when was it your decision who is christian or who is not? Jeezoos fooking christ on a crutch, you arrogant T\/\/AT

So funny how a good, charitable, christian minded godbots ALWAYS deny the faith of another christian if their actions discredit what they believe christianity is all about.

So tell me, should you, the guy who lusts after and covets another mans wife be considered christian? Funny really there is no commandment aginst terrorism yet there is one about what you consider to be normal christian behaviour

#229907 May 29, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, talk about taking blonde 'rational atheist' oxymoron to a new level!!!
Honey, I wasn't talking about ancient history, we are looking at today!
IRA was a political fight 20 years ago
NLFT last exercised violence 13 years ago
KKK was over 50 years ago
anti abortionists have killed less than ten people to protect unborn children over 30 years
You can add all the casualties of these Christian rejects and still not equal ONE act TODAY of Islamic violence IN ONE LOCATION OF MANY!
Oh, here is some interesting info for you, please note the point about atheists...;
http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statisti...
As to my source of info, you are right, I did use a 'hate sheet'; Al Jazeera
However, are you denying those situations do not exist? Really?
No one agrees with your defining of 'Christian' wars.
Nor would any rational person agree that the US needed help to kick Allah's ass again and again. Or save one twisted Islamic country after another from Muslim despots.
Oh, I'm a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
In your case, I'm on a Crusade.
Smile.
I don’t really give a sh|t what you were talking about, just turning the switch does not make it all go away.

The IRA still exist and is STILL committing murder

The KKK still exists and update there website regularly

Ahhh so killing less than 10 makers it all OK?

Yes 7 out of what,about 200 countries, that’s less than 10 so it must be OK in your book. But you want to use wikipedia as a source then try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...

Thank you for admitting it. but it seem your source is wikipedia, and that link you offered has been anonymously edited more than 30 times since October 2012.

Nope I am not denying any such thing, I am commenting on your bias, ignorance and hatred to the extent of racial hatred.

Most people agree with me on the point of christian wars, there are just a few deliberately ignorant christians who, despite the documented facts still deny it.

Rational, you use that word a lot, must be a pet of yours. Yet the US would not go to war with any muslim country without the backing/blessing/military/help of the majority of NATO aligned countries. Since before the American revolution, except once, whenever the US has tried they have got you a$$ spanked. And that once was against a group of poorly armed and badly organised hill farmers on a Caribbean island.

And again I ask, did anyone ever ask if they wanted saving? Nope they did not, the only reason for US (and NATO) intervention in the Arab world is political greed of oil revenue

So you choose war, fair enough – my clan motto is Aut Pax Aut Bellum, so this should be fun.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#229908 May 29, 2014
Praise the lawd!!

<quoted text>
A Florida woman is accused of drowning one child after trying to poison another, in what she described as accordance with a local pastor’s sermon, WPEC-TV reported on Wednesday.

Kimberly Dawn Lucas is currently being held in Palm Beach County Jail in connection with the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter and the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother at their home in Jupiter on Monday.

Investigators said Lucas attended a sermon by Metropolitan Community Church pastor Lea Brown this past Sunday that covered the Biblical story of Abraham readying himself to sacrifice his son on orders from God, only to be stopped by God at the last minute.

Lucas is accused of trying the same thing — trying to kill the two young children she was helping to raise, but she wrote in a suicide note that God didn’t step in and stop her, at least in the case of the 2-year-old girl. Lucas’ own suicide attempt failed. Police reportedly found Lucas’ message (PDF) typed on a computer in the home.
<quoted text, snipped>
http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-05-28-flo...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229909 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.
Adam Lanza – christian
James Holmes – christian
Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian
Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid
Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide
The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians
The NLFT in india, good christians all
The KKK, also christian.
Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist
The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,
Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson
the Army of God
Paul Jennings Hill
Eric Rudolph
James Charles Kopp
Joseph Stack
David Lane and Bruce Pierce
Timothy McVeigh
ALL CHRISTIAN
Not very good at this game are you
....This is absurd ....If you claim this , a fortiori . Charlemagne , Copernicus , Galileo , Queen Elizabeth , G Washington , Ben Franklin , G Patton , Bill Gates , W Churchill and the Beatles ..ALL CHRISTIANS ..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#229910 May 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
If The Christain was Count Dracul would he need killing?
BTW He was a christian too. Or do thousands of people impaled on a stake fit in your version of good Christians?
...According to the T.V. didn't this Baron go on a murderous rampage ..because , the Church wouldn't give his spouse a christian burial ( she was a suicide ).

So , He in turned cursed God and the Church ..( I think he was more like you people , than a Christian )

How many souls perished in the Siberian work camps ...?

I realize you people would never admit Stalin was an atheist ...but , I will concede He isn't one anymore .

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#229911 May 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...According to the T.V. didn't this Baron go on a murderous rampage ..because , the Church wouldn't give his spouse a christian burial ( she was a suicide ).
So , He in turned cursed God and the Church ..( I think he was more like you people , than a Christian )
How many souls perished in the Siberian work camps ...?
I realize you people would never admit Stalin was an atheist ...but , I will concede He isn't one anymore .
Don't confuse Hollywood with actual history.
Stalin became an atheist, but that has little meaning in light of the fact what he really was.
The revolutionist leader of the Red Army.

#229912 May 29, 2014
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....This is absurd ....If you claim this , a fortiori . Charlemagne , Copernicus , Galileo , Queen Elizabeth , G Washington , Ben Franklin , G Patton , Bill Gates , W Churchill and the Beatles ..ALL CHRISTIANS ..
Say what?

Actually Galileo , Queen Elizabeth (I assume 1st but 2nd too) and Churchill were/are christian. Don’t know about the rest and not really bothered.

However that makes not the slightest difference to the FACTS

Just because they upset your sensibilities does not give you the right to dictate who is and who is not Christian, or perhaps you have been made pope and no one bathered telling the church?

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#229914 May 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Don't confuse Hollywood with actual history.
Stalin became an atheist, but that has little meaning in light of the fact what he really was.
The revolutionist leader of the Red Army.
And an atheist mass murderer.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Sunburnt Country

#229915 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie?
You were forcing unwanted sexual advances as you have tried before, not just with me but with several other women and a good proportion of those women have castigated you for it yet still you persist in repeating your stupidity over and over again like a good ignorant godbot.
You seem to get pleasure out of being a pervert in the name of your god, and then throwing baseless and deliberately hurtful accusations such as lesbianism or anger or hatred because your blatantly obnoxious advances are spurned.
Such a pathetic and childish behaviour you exhibit.
You learn his form very quickly on here. Kaitlin clued me in.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229916 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm confused Rosa! you said that you're homosexual and yet you make deragatory comments about it!
if homosexuals also think that it's illicit behavior, why do they get mad when conservatives vote against an agenda to promote it???
Keep barking, woofer.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229918 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Written you moron, written, or are you not aware that when you post on topix your text becomes publicly visible.
Are you a gay boy trying to hide your proclivities from your fellow godbots by making sexually desirous comments and innuendo to anyone in a skirt?
That might include Scotsmen in kilts.
:-)

What I heard was the Was is bisexual, he said so. And then he makes derogatory remarks about any gay or transgender poster on here, tries to play the moral guardian. And then all the sleaze talk we all know well.

Total hypocrite.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229919 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load bollocks – no one else??? Wow, you must have a very selective news channel or your supermarket sensation sheets are pretty limited in there content.
Adam Lanza – christian
James Holmes – christian
Anders Behring Breivik – serious funnymentalist christian
Radovan Karadzic christian known for genocid
Ratko Mladic another good christian famous for genocide
The IRA, indiscriminate mass murdering terrorist christians
The NLFT in india, good christians all
The KKK, also christian.
Scott Roeder, good right wing chrsitian terrorist
The Sikh Temple massacre in Wisconsin,
Frank Silva Roque, Wade Michael Page, Jim David Adkisson
the Army of God
Paul Jennings Hill
Eric Rudolph
James Charles Kopp
Joseph Stack
David Lane and Bruce Pierce
Timothy McVeigh
ALL CHRISTIAN
Not very good at this game are you
Coz I'm in the Lord's Army. BLERRK!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229920 May 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand in? You get to get nailed up beside me.
my sins were nailed to a tree over 2,000 years ago!

if you don't believe that yours were, you shall bear them yourself (and when the shit hits the fan, you're gonna be VERY cowardly about it, i'm sure:-)

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229921 May 29, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, only this morning in fact (Note it is now 16:45 here)
They wish to discuss my ideas, unlike so many christian godbots who simply close their ears and sing la,la,la,la while denying facts the Muslims I know (and those I have met) are open minded and willing to learn.
Are you really that naïve? Do you actually have no idea of life in a muslim country or are you just reciting what your supermarket hate sheets have told you?
FYI, there are just 15 of around 50 muslim countries that have full sharia law which included execution for blasphemy. Calling someone a godbot is not blasphemy, in any religion and being an atheist is not a crime outside of christianity.
Funnily enough, the majority of that 15 are backed and sponsored by the US, go figure.
I can figure that one. Most, if not all, of those 15 countries have oil. Saudi Arabia has the most and it's about the strictest in Muslim law, they have Mecca and Medina.

I'm not here to bash Muslims, so I'll tell you something on a lighter note. When Salman Rushdie received his knighthood, one of the papers commented that I bet he hopes this is the only time he has to kneel before someone with a sword.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#229922 May 29, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You learn his form very quickly on here. Kaitlin clued me in.
LOL! 3 witch lesbos agreeing with each other and acussing a Christian man - go figure!:-)

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229923 May 29, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nor will I go with one again"
you went out with a lesbian muslim woman?!?! this i would have to see to beleive:-)
So what's your wife like in bed? Enquiring minds want to know.

“True Blue”

Sunburnt Country

#229924 May 29, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Praise the lawd!!
<quoted text>
A Florida woman is accused of drowning one child after trying to poison another, in what she described as accordance with a local pastor’s sermon, WPEC-TV reported on Wednesday.
Kimberly Dawn Lucas is currently being held in Palm Beach County Jail in connection with the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter and the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother at their home in Jupiter on Monday.
Investigators said Lucas attended a sermon by Metropolitan Community Church pastor Lea Brown this past Sunday that covered the Biblical story of Abraham readying himself to sacrifice his son on orders from God, only to be stopped by God at the last minute.
Lucas is accused of trying the same thing — trying to kill the two young children she was helping to raise, but she wrote in a suicide note that God didn’t step in and stop her, at least in the case of the 2-year-old girl. Lucas’ own suicide attempt failed. Police reportedly found Lucas’ message (PDF) typed on a computer in the home.
<quoted text, snipped>
http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-05-28-flo...
What a cutrid punt!!!

#229925 May 29, 2014
Rodny wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know what you are talking about before you make misleading statements.
The IRA is NOT a religious organization.
It is an organization which fights for the independence of N.Ireland from Britain.
The KKK is about race, NOT religion.
They never lynched or persecuted any white person for being an atheist. And many of their members are atheists.
At least you admit that "the only reason for US (and NATO) intervention in the Arab world is political greed of oil revenue" and not for religion.
About your ignorance of Sharia law in Muslim countries, it is actually practiced in most Muslim countries, even when this is not official in state laws.
Most local village and town communities have local Elders courts which practice Sharia law.
EVERY Muslim must practice and abide by Sharia Law because it is part of their religion.
…..
Honey, don’t attempt to lie about what the IRA is and is not, I was injured and my aunt lost an arm in the Manchester bombing that was perpetrated by the IRA so I can assure you that I have done my research into their organisation with a gusto that everyday morons like you are incapable of even understanding.

The IRA is a CATHOLIC organisation, funded by catholic donation and I would not be at all surprised if you personally contributed to the NORAID fund and therefore contributed to the murder and maiming of innocent people. Do you admit that or deny it?

The KKK, is a christian organisation according to their very own membership requirements on their website and I guess they have a better idea of there motives than you do. The sites that discuss the KKK usually do not forget to mention their christian affiliation and all site discussing christian terrorism that I have looked at list them in the top 3 or 4. And WTF has being white got to do with religion or are you one of these racist godbots?

Bollocks, 7 out of all the muslim countries employ full sharia law, THIS IS DOCUMENTED. About another 30 use partial sharial law that included marriage, divorce, custody of children etc other than that some form of democracy tends to be the major political force. The rest are completely democratic in name, it may not be the democracy you are used to but your experience is irrelevant.

Wrong again, sharia law is NOT part of their religion, there is no mention of sharia law in the quran, it is however based on their religious principals. And you also seem to forget that stated in the quran there is no compulsion in religion. This means spirituality cannot be enforced through governmental or religious institutions.

Ahh you mean like the catholic priests committing abuse and rape against children in their pastoral care. Yes I see what you mean.

You have no need to remind me but strange that you seem to omit that it was Irish christians who put bombs in Warrington centre and killed children. And you say luckily I was not there, so perhaps it was lucky I was there when the Manchester bomb went off?

Honey, if you don’t know who the fook you are talking to then don’t spout ignorant vomit.

I do not defend these people and I do not make them look like saints, I do object to irrational lies based on blissful ignorance made by right wing racist morons like you.

When christianity can prove a clean slate then feel free to criticise any other faith that gets you off, but seeing as christianity is as guilty as Islam and has performed atrocities with equal vigour for several hundred years longer than Islam then you have absolutely nothing to moan about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min The Donald_ 1,402,648
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr cpeter1313 311,476
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr litesong 9,981
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 16 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,306
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web